[PvP Resto] HotW damage better as feral or balance

aside from the chance of getting interrupted & using the appropriate weapon from a 5-man, is going feral significantly more dmg than spamming wrath? Everyone i see is posting numbers of them using HotW as feral, is this because it really does THAT much more damage or is it just because getting big FB cits is cool? I just wonder because obviously in any decent arena match you are not going to be able to just do pure dmg for 45 sec and casting wrath seems a lot more fluid when considering having to weave in heals and not get yourself in horrible positioning when in order to melee.

anyone have any actual numbers, testing on a 6 min CD is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur View Post
    aside from the chance of getting interrupted & using the appropriate weapon from a 5-man, is going feral significantly more dmg than spamming wrath? Everyone i see is posting numbers of them using HotW as feral, is this because it really does THAT much more damage or is it just because getting big FB cits is cool? I just wonder because obviously in any decent arena match you are not going to be able to just do pure dmg for 45 sec and casting wrath seems a lot more fluid when considering having to weave in heals and not get yourself in horrible positioning when in order to melee.

anyone have any actual numbers, testing on a 6 min CD is rough.
    well. if you have to maximize the damage, what you should be doing is going both. First, pop HotW and put moonfire up. While swapping to cat form and in melee range, swap to agility staff. Rake-> mangle until 5 combo -> FB. Then go out and apply moonfire again and wrath (if you can swap back to int weapons that'll be a plus) wrath for like 2-3 casts then go back to cat....you get the idea. I can't really tell which one does much more damage if you just stay in one form though.

Deleted
    It's not really a viable talent in 3v3, but in 2v2 I can help my mage tremendously with this. I usually get 4 cp without the buff, then cyclone the other one, pop hotw, rake, bite-> easy 100k+ dmg, even on plate. Then spam some mangle, while the mage is going town during his the deep freeze. I don't think wrath worths it in pvp, mainly becouse nobody cares about your sustained dmg, you need the burst, and in caster form I don't get any crit, while in cat I have over 40%+25% for fb.
    Last edited by mmoc705244f362; 2012-10-10 at 08:15 AM.

Feral is the way to go with HoTW but add Moonfire into the rotation when you are waiting for energy. You DON'T need to equip an agility staff.
    Just equip a 2H +int staff (It's higher dmg than main/oh)