Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    Log in as dps even if u are a tank , u can get tank loot anyway cause its your spec .
    I waited 2 h today as tank then canceled and joined as dps , instant que and first boss droped useless tank neck ,( i had better ) .
    ya that's what I resorted to doing, waited 2.5 hours, tank queue still wouldn't pop

dps queue was 10 mins.

tank gear did drop for me as a queued as blood.
    Last edited by rt7; 2012-10-11 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Oh, so it's based on your active spec rathre than the role you signed up with? That's good to know.

Yep, I've been doing it as Guardian....Whacking away in Cat.....getting gear for Bear =)

Deleted
    Went there yesterday with guild group...
    Were missing 4 dos slots...
    Waited for 40 minutes.

Raid was shorter than the queue-time
    (But LFR reminds me of a hack'n'slay...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Clearly Blizzard needs to make 10 man LFR, so there are enough slots for tanks.

After that, maybe they could just save money by eliminating 25 man raids altogether.
    Semi OT. Friend of mine posted exactly this on the official WoW forum and the post got deleted within minutes. No forum ban, no infraction, the post was just *poof* gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Semi OT. Friend of mine posted exactly this on the official WoW forum and the post got deleted within minutes. No forum ban, no infraction, the post was just *poof* gone.
    Oddly, I posted pretty much that as well. And it's still there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794352552#9
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Unfortunately the new LFR system means tanks HAVE to queue as tanks. I might see if I can round up some guildies to go with me, because I joined queue when I logged on to do my dailies, like an hour and a half later nothing, still at 1/2 Tanks (i.e. Me), 0 healers, 0 DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Unfortunately the new LFR system means tanks HAVE to queue as tanks. I might see if I can round up some guildies to go with me, because I joined queue when I logged on to do my dailies, like an hour and a half later nothing, still at 1/2 Tanks (i.e. Me), 0 healers, 0 DPS.
    You can que as DPS in your tank spec and stay in that spec and just DPS. (you'll do awful dps with no vengeance procs but odds are you'll still beat a baddy dps)

You will get tank loot. Got angry waiting in que yesterday and did this

I wouldn't go in as a tank anyway. You have 23 babys to hold hands and god forgive you if you make the slightest error. I got kicked when I could hold all of the adds on some DS boss after the other (better geared) tank left the raid during the boss encounter. Nowadays, i'll just go dps, a face in the crowd. I could auto-attack and nobody would know or care. Ditto goes for healing, i had a good time on my healer, nobody really gives healers shit. DPS can always talk about their scores and everyone hates tanks, but healers don't really have any useful metric, usually when it all goes to crap its the 20 or so dps/tanks that are responsible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    You can que as DPS in your tank spec and stay in that spec and just DPS. (you'll do awful dps with no vengeance procs but odds are you'll still beat a baddy dps)
    Oh my i thought the selected role determines the outcome and not the selected specc, good to know. Thank you!

DPS queue for me is around 10 minutes. Getting a newly formed group with 0 bosses down, however, that's an all day affair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Yep, I've been doing it as Guardian....Whacking away in Cat.....getting gear for Bear =)
    You do realize that you can also queue as feral and also get all your desired items since the first 3 bosses don't drop trinkets and all the other items are the same for cat and bear?

It's also a good way to not be an a-hole to the other people in the LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I'm convinced they randomly delete some threads without even reading them, no matter how well you think you put your post together.

Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    ya but lfr time has never been this bad for tanks

even in cata lfr tank queue was always shortest, few mins normally.

something is broken because tanks are waiting hours.

I don't believe suddenly masses of people are queueing as tanks as they never have ever.
    Nothing is broken. It's just that the braindead DPS mouthbreather casuals either aren't 90 yet or aren't high enough gear level yet.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    You do realize that you can also queue as feral and also get all your desired items since the first 3 bosses don't drop trinkets and all the other items are the same for cat and bear?

It's also a good way to not be an a-hole to the other people in the LFR.

Well, yeah I could do that...but I was merely pointing out what I did, so other tanks (you know, the 1's that don't share their gear with their dps spec) could at least get into LFR without having to wait 2+ hours and still get gear for their main spec.

Also, I'd like to point out, as bear spec, in my "dps" gear....i finished in the top 10 in the run i did. Nothing major, but seeing how many bad dps join LFR, most tanks could sleep their way through a dps role and still beat half of them =)

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I wouldn't go in as a tank anyway. You have 23 babys to hold hands and god forgive you if you make the slightest error. I got kicked when I could hold all of the adds on some DS boss after the other (better geared) tank left the raid during the boss encounter. Nowadays, i'll just go dps, a face in the crowd. I could auto-attack and nobody would know or care. Ditto goes for healing, i had a good time on my healer, nobody really gives healers shit. DPS can always talk about their scores and everyone hates tanks, but healers don't really have any useful metric, usually when it all goes to crap its the 20 or so dps/tanks that are responsible.
    I have to agree. It's just not worth the aggravation to run as tank unless it's mostly a 20+ guild run. The first LFR I ran, with 2 DPS guildies, I got kicked after the second wipe on Feng because the OTHER tank didn't know how to use his crystal so he wouldn't ever use the interrupt and people would run out when I would use barrier every other epicenter... So a mouthy DK that was dual boxing and doing 22K DPS started mouthing off and before I knew it the other tank got kicked then I got kicked... Retarded. A guildie that was still in the raid left after wiping 3 more times with 3 different tanks.

Within 24 hours of hitting level 90, I was able to get ilvl 460 on my tank just chain running instant pop dungeons. Might be one of the reasons why there are so many tanks queueing for LFR right now.

For me its typically 5-10 mins queue as a dps, varies per raid.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    I have to agree. It's just not worth the aggravation to run as tank unless it's mostly a 20+ guild run. The first LFR I ran, with 2 DPS guildies, I got kicked after the second wipe on Feng because the OTHER tank didn't know how to use his crystal so he wouldn't ever use the interrupt and people would run out when I would use barrier every other epicenter... So a mouthy DK that was dual boxing and doing 22K DPS started mouthing off and before I knew it the other tank got kicked then I got kicked... Retarded. A guildie that was still in the raid left after wiping 3 more times with 3 different tanks.
    Lol. I got into MV in a DPS spot while in tank spec and saw that neither tank had taken a crystal on Feng so I grabbed the Null Barrier and was casting it. Not sure if anyone noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Oh my i thought the selected role determines the outcome and not the selected specc, good to know. Thank you!
    My guildies swear it's based on role and not spec. Can someone confirm this? Is there a blue or something?

Deleted
    I know its been mentioned a few times but i distinctly remember a blue post saying its the selected role that determines loot.
    And that gear with stat budgets usable for both specs are in the "loot pool" of items you can receive. (meaning tank role will never get haste/crit loot)

This is wrong ? ^^

(As an example, i've gotten dps tier legs from sha while in tank role AND spec cause the item had expertise/mastery, which is good stats for tanking)
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-11-21 at 09:44 PM.