So this game needs $32 million for development?

You can buy credits for real money after release?

So it is LITERALLY pay2win then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    its not pay to win.
    It is pay to win.

You can buy ships.

You can buy in game currency.

That is pay2win.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pay2win.
    I guess it depends on ones own definition of p2w here but imo its only p2w if the only way of obtaining it within a realistic timespan is by going to the store, which will not be the case here.

So how long will it take (game hours) to obtain a ship that costs $1200?

Also are you saying this is NOT pay2win:

Pay money in the store.
    Gain credits in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post

haven't seen any indication of credit can be purchased through money at release O.o maybe I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    You can buy credits for real money afterwards, but there's a daily cap to it I believe.
    This is where I saw the credits for cash thing.

Deleted
    Yea I have to double check that, I've heard it few times, not entirely sure.

Deleted
    Found it, but it is still into the "Pledge" section so it is an alternte way of funding. Not sure it will survive at release.

In any case the game will come out with a single player campaign, and if you do not like the official live servers cause you think it is gonna be pay to win players will have access to the server side application, mod it, and be able to open their own servers.

It is literally a "win-win" situation for everyone

Deleted
    I’m very opposed to having a game where ANY of the items, outside of your initial game / ship package can be only purchased with cash. I hate the bifurcation of items in most online games, even when they are just for flair items. I want Star Citizen to allow players to earn everything they need in-game for ships, upgrades and even flair.

Our plan is once Star Citizen is launched the games ongoing running and content costs (which will be significant as we’re a data & content heavy game) will be supported by the ongoing purchase of new game packages as well as the money the game will earn by some of the players choosing to buy some UEC credits with real money as they don’t have the time or patience to earn the item in game (and for this I wanted to establish a cap so someone can’t just come in and buy everything, although with a skill based game with a heavy rock paper scissors approach to ship design and weapons this won’t help that much as you think).
    TLDR:
    Credits available after launch with cap for real money, but I do suggest reading the whole thing.

NEIWM (Not Enough I Want More) :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...241-17-Million

Deleted
    that's a very good clarification on from RSI tbh and needed, I do believe him when he said that the Voyager Direct created "discussion" lol, I can well imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how long will it take (game hours) to obtain a ship that costs $1200?

Also are you saying this is NOT pay2win:

Pay money in the store.
    Gain credits in game.
    Obtaining bigger ships that can host over 10 active crew members is not meant to be a one man job and bigger ships will take longer logically but it has been said it wont be anything unreasonable (not stating how many hours exactly ), if going at it alone it probably gets a bit blurry concerning unreasonable. ( these idrises are also going in limited supply right now meaning there wont be more then a couple of hundred of them out there at launch )

That and the fact that there will be a number of bigger ships more powerful that can not be bought either and needs to be obtained by being assualted and boarded and then defended from other groups. Its also meant to be more skill based then "bigger ship = smashing smaller ones no matter what"

Arguing the definition of p2w is not the purpose of this thread and i have already given you my view on it and you can either accept it as my opinion or go to this thread for further debate: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-to-Win*-Game
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-11-27 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I bought the LN upgrade for my Aurora but I can't see it in my hanger. How to I apply the upgrade to the default ship?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    So I bought the LN upgrade for my Aurora but I can't see it in my hanger. How to I apply the upgrade to the default ship?
    that's a good question I too have the LN but can't see it, however I could not be hassled to ask on the official forums, as it is not that important to me at the present time maybe you should be asking there ^^

Hmmm...what should I do with these 1250$...

I guess I could donate to charity, feed the hungry, clothe the naked. Maybe finally donate to that kid in need of surgery...Naaah, I'm gonna buy a startship in a video game that doesn't even exist yet and I never played it.

Post constructively. No need to criticize other on money spending choices.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-11-26 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Upgrade packages haven't been implemented yet into the game / current alpha.
    Soon™

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade packages haven't been implemented yet into the game / current alpha.
    Soon™
    I'v seen it in a video on youtube, so the model is already in the game.

Deleted
    I'v seen it in a video on youtube, so the model is already in the game.
    Those bought the LN directly. You have upgrade package.

Yea it's a bit silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those bought the LN directly. You have upgrade package.

Yea it's a bit silly.
    oh ok thanks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It is pay to win.

You can buy ships.

You can buy in game currency.

That is pay2win.
    You are aware that almost 10 years ago it cost Blizzard $50 million to make World of WarCraft and that was just a startup cost for the initial game development, not to mention the cost of building and maintaining servers. You can't buy in game currency, you get in game currency with the purchase of a package. I am sure that when the game goes live, the retail version of the game will come with a code for a basic package and in game currency. You can't directly buy in game currency, not to mention it's an irrelevant factor since the game is still in pre-alpha testing.

Deleted
    they are already at 23% of 32 millions >______________________________________________________>

Good Lord, they're raking in the dough.