Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Excuse me for asking or being answered already, cant scroll 200 pages of posts. What exactly specs a pc will need to be able to play it on its full details and not lag when massive of ppl gather around areas?

havent logged to play whatever is there to play 2 years at least. Also they announced any date that the game finally will come out, cause didnt catch the stream.

Ty in advance
    Come back in 4 years when we might have a date for Beta.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    where did i say Eve was NOT an MMO? i said it's not an MMO in the sense that you are a character that can group up with people and just play the way you can in MMOs with characters like WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc. in EVE as with E: D your character is actually your vehicle (i do not count just being able to create a character with no interaction to the gameworld proper as an actual character) you cannot eva, or fps, or hell even explore your own vessel. so for an MMO player such as myself, not getting that connection to the gameworld is really off-putting and that's one of the reasons why games like EVE and E: D are niche for many MMO players who are used to seeing and playing as their character which offers a greater sense of immersion.

did you guys get to catch the Citizencon today? i thought it was really amazing and the best parts for me were as follows (i will update as more media comes online):

Mustang rework (this is the only ship i own so it's nice to see that it is getting a MUCH needed rework)

Meet the Consolidated Outland Pioneer (this is what i call immersion)

Enhancing Mo-cap Data with Procedural Systems (this was one of the best animation presentations i have ever seen, really impressed with their progress and can't wait to see it in game. Ivo is a beast!)

Keynote Address from Chris Roberts (this was just fucking amazing, well done CIG. 3.0 beyond is looking really fucking amazing can't wait! presentation starts at 12:34)

there were some other cool things from the Citizencon, but that should be enough for now.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2017-10-27 at 10:35 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    This was the best Citcon so far.
    Their procedural tech is freaking awesome, Arccorp looked jawdropping.
    I don't really get the argument no gameplay...who cares we can play it now, we have seen the mechanic changes coming in 3.0 in the ATVs already, and will play them soon enough with the 3.0 PTU/public.

Hah just seen this on the page before this:
    "Star Citizen is on the cusp of adding barren planetary bodies with absolutely minimal atmospheres, it would really make no difference if they were there or not. "

Looking at Arccorp and Hurston...well seeing the future is not your kinda work mate

It seems they procedural city/station generation well worth the wait. When they start to push planets into the game and expand the systems all other proc gengames can go and hide
    No Man's Sky also looked jaw dropping, in its trailers at least.

Give me gameplay, non doctored or edited footage preferably. Trailers are often worth jack diddy squat when it comes to knowing how a game will look or play these days, especially for a game like Star Citizen which is not even pre-alpha yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Excuse me for asking or being answered already, cant scroll 200 pages of posts. What exactly specs a pc will need to be able to play it on its full details and not lag when massive of ppl gather around areas?

havent logged to play whatever is there to play 2 years at least. Also they announced any date that the game finally will come out, cause didnt catch the stream.

Ty in advance
    since you have already bought the game i would wait until the upcoming update Alpha 3.0 patch and try it then. they are implementing the groundwork for the full Network Re-work to try and better optimise the game and make the experience better and during the Graphics and Render section of the Citizencon they talked about making the game playable on lower end machines too, but obviously you won't get all the graphical sweetness if your machine is on the lower end.

there is also still no release date for the full release, but as i said owning the game gives you access to the alpha and beta so any updates that come out you will get to test and give feedback on. they post weekly Burndown Reports on AtV that showcase what they have been working on to get the 3.0 update to us so checking that out every Thursday on their Youtube channel will be a good indication for when the update will release.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Would seem that way.

But well Star Citizen is going to be the best game ever apparently!

Those 14-15k people watching Citzencon right now. SO MANY PEOPLE!
    Cause ya know, it's not like it's not being held during the middle of a work day for some parts of the world, or the middle of the night for the other half of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Cause ya know, it's not like it's not being held during the middle of a work day for some parts of the world, or the middle of the night for the other half of the world.
    I'm absolutely sure hundreds of thousands/millions would have tuned in....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Come back in 4 years when we might have a date for Beta.
    Bit optimistic there mate.

This game right now is just like the rest of the Kickstarted MMOs. It's coming..... and by the time it comes nobody will give a damn. Or people will and it will have been overhyped to hell.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-27 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    where did i say Eve was NOT an MMO? i said it's not an MMO in the sense that you are a character that can group up with people and just play the way you can in MMOs with characters like WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc. in EVE as with E: D your character is actually your vehicle (i do not count just being able to create a character with no interaction to the gameworld proper as an actual character) you cannot eva, or fps, or hell even explore your own vessel. so for an MMO player such as myself, not getting that connection to the gameworld is really off-putting and that's one of the reasons why games like EVE and E: D are niche for many MMO players who are used to seeing and playing as their character which offers a greater sense of immersion.
    I've never felt I was a "ship" on ED. I have always identified myself as the Commander. My avatar has a name and a body.

did you guys get to catch the Citizencon today? i thought it was really amazing
    Yes...and most of it was either boring or CIG acting as a salesman for the Optane.

The demo was the most interesting part....unfortunately, it was a demo and therefore not something we are likely to ever see in game.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2017-10-27 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    I've never felt I was a "ship" on ED. I have always identified myself as the Commander. My avatar has a name and a body.

Yes...and most of it was either boring or CIG acting as a salesman for the Optane.

The demo was the most interesting part....unfortunately, it was a demo and therefore not something we are likely to ever see in game.
    Spoken like someone that doesn't know what he or she is talking about. It's funny that you pointed out the Optane thing, when this isn't nothing new. Also since your not interested at all in. What they actually have to show or talk about. Of course it's gonna to be boring to you.

It's not just a demo and it's not something that we will not ever see in the game...like wat? so are we not getting moons or the idris or shopping or cargo? and now we're not getting planets or arccorp (even though a piece of it is there, waiting to be updated like in the demo). It's obvious the tech is there -in the demo- they've shown the progress of the tech over the years, an just recently talked about PG cities, now they've shown it. I mean they are already using the stuff they developed to create the moons (first step) and the next is to do planets (like or better then the homestead demo). So like all the other tech they've developed or improved upon. It's very real and will see the light of day, they aren't making this stuff for shits and giggles.

It's truly amazing how folks can waste their time shitting on something they clearly don't care anything about and still lurk or comment in order to dismiss everything on display and ED fans are the worst of the bunch. In their arrogance and yes you are the ship and will remain to be only the same regardless of your delusions of grandeur. Until your avatar moves his or her ass from that ship and walks around like a character.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post

Spoken like someone that doesn't know what he or she is talking about. It's funny that you pointed out the Optane thing, when this isn't nothing new. Also since your not interested at all in. What they actually have to show or talk about. Of course it's gonna to be boring to you.

It's not just a demo and it's not something that we will not ever see in the game...like wat? so are we not getting moons or the idris or shopping or cargo? and now we're not getting planets or arccorp (even though a piece of it is there, waiting to be updated like in the demo). It's obvious the tech is there -in the demo- they've shown the progress of the tech over the years, an just recently talked about PG cities, now they've shown it. I mean they are already using the stuff they developed to create the moons (first step) and the next is to do planets (like or better then the homestead demo). So like all the other tech they've developed or improved upon. It's very real and will see the light of day, they aren't making this stuff for shits and giggles.

It's truly amazing how folks can waste their time shitting on something they clearly don't care anything about and still lurk or comment in order to dismiss everything on display and ED fans are the worst of the bunch. In their arrogance, along with their childish ability to belittle other's projects clearly still in development and yes you are the ship and will remain to be only the ship, regardless of your delusions of grandeur in being a "Commander". Until your avatar moves his or her ass from that pilot chair and walks around like a regular character model would and interacts with the world/environment around it.
    Last edited by Its-Butter; 2017-10-28 at 12:45 AM.

I'm absolutely sure hundreds of thousands/millions would have tuned in....

- - - Updated - - -

Bit optimistic there mate.

This game right now is just like the rest of the Kickstarted MMOs. It's coming..... and by the time it comes nobody will give a damn. Or people will and it will have been overhyped to hell.
    Talk about hopelessly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Its-Butter View Post
    Talk about hopelessly ignorant.
    I know mate.

Star Citizen is the best game ever to a few people here and everything they say is 100% correct! Critique is just "hating" these days right?

Please this game is another Kickstarted game that has spent years in development due to the developers lack of being able to stick to schedules among other things.

Maybe this game does come out and is insanely amazing and gets Game of the Year for 2024. I extremely doubt it. Where is the hype other than a few people going all out to defend the game? All I see is minor stuff on Reddit and their own forums is basically a place for the people I just mentioned to go.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-28 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I mean to use an extreme example, Blizzcon (the opening ceremony) is also in the middle of the day and has hundreds of thousands of viewers last I checked. Not that it's significant, since Star Citizen is obviously in a far more niche market, but it being the middle of the day somewhere in the world is a poor excuse.

But maybe they don't quite realize just how niche their game is. Sure, you have whales with tons of money who will build 6K PCs, donate a thousand dollars to your Kickstarter and buy these 2K ships, but there what, a few thousands of these people at most. But MMOs aren't that popular with the public at large unless they're free, and space MMOs are even more niche, especially given the apparent complexity of Star Citizen's game systems.

I dunno. Feels like they bit off more than they could ever chew with the MMO part. It should have stayed a space sim + Squadron 42.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean to use an extreme example, Blizzcon (the opening ceremony) is also in the middle of the day and has hundreds of thousands of viewers last I checked. Not that it's significant, since Star Citizen is obviously in a far more niche market, but it being the middle of the day somewhere in the world is a poor excuse.

But maybe they don't quite realize just how niche their game is. Sure, you have whales with tons of money who will build 6K PCs, donate a thousand dollars to your Kickstarter and buy these 2K ships, but there what, a few thousands of these people at most. But MMOs aren't that popular with the public at large unless they're free, and space MMOs are even more niche, especially given the apparent complexity of Star Citizen's game systems.

I dunno. Feels like they bit off more than they could ever chew with the MMO part. It should have stayed a space sim + Squadron 42.
    I'd have watched the streams if they weren't in the middle of a shift on a work day. Weekends are better, and at least Blizzard generally doesn't do their own convention streams during a work week. I mean, it is on a Saturday, which is a big difference from a Friday afternoon, not to mention the demographics between SC and Blizzard games can be fairly different as well.

I'm going with, it'll come out eventually and be bad because they spread themselves too thin and because of that none of the core elements will be great. It'll just be like 500 little, shallow things you can do until you're bored in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'm going with, it'll come out eventually and be bad because they spread themselves too thin and because of that none of the core elements will be great. It'll just be like 500 little, shallow things you can do until you're bored in a month.
    Gonna be the most expensive No Man's Sky clone in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Gonna be the most expensive No Man's Sky clone in history.
    Exactly, and people will continue to not learn from their hype-driven mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

CitCon was okay in the sense that it is supposed to be a community event and nothing more. It's extra interesting if you're into game development but as a regular dev I got bored really fast of the graphics presentation.

All in all the technical presentations showed that pretty much all tech they're using is common in the industry today. Nothing is groundbreaking about the way SC is built yet. At least they communicated that well this time, because during a bugsmashers episode one Star Shillizen decided that CIG had somehow invented object oriented design and reusing components and that it was groundbreaking. Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    No Man's Sky also looked jaw dropping, in its trailers at least.

Give me gameplay, non doctored or edited footage preferably. Trailers are often worth jack diddy squat when it comes to knowing how a game will look or play these days, especially for a game like Star Citizen which is not even pre-alpha yet.
    NMS looked like crap in it's trailers

Also SC is playable, and only getting prettier by the time

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    NMS looked like crap in it's trailers

Also SC is playable, and only getting prettier by the time
    If you consider crash prone modules that are more like demos than anything playable, more power to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    All in all the technical presentations showed that pretty much all tech they're using is common in the industry today. Nothing is groundbreaking about the way SC is built yet.
    Nothing was groundbreaking in how WoW was built, it was just a streamlined EQ clone. Yet, look how that turned out. I'm not saying that the same will happen with SC, nobody can say how that will turn out but time itself. But you can't write something off because of how something is built. Destiny 2 is just a generic FPS when you look at the core mechanics; there is nothing new or groundbreaking about it. Still, its one of the fastest selling game of all time.