Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The game is actually creating its own technology for the game, one of the reasons things are taking much longer.

Pretty much every game in existance uses other games for insipration so its inevatable similarities may happen and you can't really do anything about it as every game has replacated something other games already have.

Spending money on the game is completely irrelevant as its optional and since the game is not pvp orientated then what does it matter if you spend money on a basic shell of a ship, your not going to be able to use the ships straight away anyway as you won't have enough currency to cover operating costs.

At this point your just flaming/trolling with no real discussion about the game at all
    I think the constant engine changes, the constant scrapping of resources and tools, the constant focus on shit that should be second. Like the fuck are they doing mocap bullshit before the fucking game is done. CR is known for stringing games out for far to long, and last time it took MS buying his studio then spending another 2 fucking years to finish his vaporware.

You cant just call the shit thats being pointed out as trolls becuase you dont like it. SC is clearly stealing art assets from other games and movies. THey are milking you people for everything its worth. They are missing deadline after deadline. And you guys defend them like they are the last bastion of hope for your sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im sure CCP have copied/taken insiration from ships from other sources in the past just like everyone else, but in regards to the ship, in previous games wing commander and privateer 2 there is a similar ship design which predates CCP so you could say CCP copied it first.
    Yet SC has a pretty documented history of blatantly ripping off art assets. How about the nebula art done in house by ccp that SC just plopped inot thier game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Regarding the assets comment though, the Vulture is pretty damn bad. But CCP apparently doesn't mind. It's their fanbase that is making the biggest stink about it, including brigading reddit. So, according to some of the people in this thread, the entire EVE community is toxic because of those people on reddit.
    Dont mind =/= cant do anything legaly about it.

Also, there has not been any brigading what so ever. I rather active in that community and it was news to me we were doing it untill butthurt SC mods suddenly posted. getting downvoted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Also, there has not been any brigading what so ever. I rather active in that community and it was news to me we were doing it untill butthurt SC mods suddenly posted. getting downvoted
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen..._citizen_wiki/
    You want to say that again?

i dont see where its telling everyone in eve reddit to go downvote. Just cus its getting downvoted doesnt mean its getting brigaded. Just might mean its shit or alot of people dont agree with it.

Deleted
    I mean lets not claim the EVE guys were brigading the Star Citizen reddit without bringing up the fact that the Star Citizen reddit tried to get the EVE reddit banned.

No one really gave a shit until the SC guys poked the wasps nest, which with EVE, is never a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I mean lets not claim the EVE guys were brigading the Star Citizen reddit without bringing up the fact that the Star Citizen reddit tried to get the EVE reddit banned.

No one really gave a shit until the SC guys poked the wasps nest, which with EVE, is never a good idea.
    Even then there was no call to go and brigade or shit. Someone crossposted that SC ripped off the eve ship. People went over there to shitpost and obviously some downvoted, and then SC mods started getting butthurt banning anyone talking about eve and then sent threatening messages to the eve mods.

But if this was brigading wouldn't he also need a post in /r/EVE where he says "I've made a post on /r/starcitizen about the Venture, go and have a look."
    There's nothing indicating he's done anything of the sort in his post history.
    Last edited by 1001; 2018-06-17 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    [IMG]i.imgur.com/UcLjRFb.jpg[/IMG]
    So they ripped off the Venture from EVE, called it the Vulture, and charged $140 for it? LOL this just gets better.

Why exactly, do the same people, keep spewing the same arguments very frequently? "It's a scam!" , "Look at the prices!", "vaporwear!", "never releasing!"?

We get it dudes.

Personally, i have no expectations for the game. I hope it eventually releases and is actually quality, which would be great, but if it doesn't, hey, shame for whoever backed it, but that's on them.

There's really no need to fucking mock and bash the game every single day. The vast majority of the posts are the same asinine posts that offer nothing to the discussion. We get it guys! No need to repeat yourselves every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    We get it dudes.
    I think it is about time a couple of posters just got banned from this thread. They have said everything they had to say 200 pages ago. Every single time there is an update it is *exactly* the same shit and is mostly conjecture. Surely there is something better to do.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I think it is about time a couple of posters just got banned from this thread. They have said everything they had to say 200 pages ago. Every single time there is an update it is *exactly* the same shit and is mostly conjecture. Surely there is something better to do.
    There's a function to dealing with posts you don't want to see.

It's called ignore. I'd suggest using it. Just because you don't like the posts doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed. That's for a moderator to decide although personally I see no issue.

The game has a bad press surrounding it. Of course discussion will mostly lean negative. If the game was good and wasn't doing questionable shit then it would be leaning the other way simple as that.

If you want one sided discussion or to regulate posts then start your own forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So they ripped off the Venture from EVE, called it the Vulture, and charged $140 for it? LOL this just gets better.
    It's fucking brilliant. They can't even design their own original content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly, do the same people, keep spewing the same arguments very frequently? "It's a scam!" , "Look at the prices!", "vaporwear!", "never releasing!"?

We get it dudes.

Personally, i have no expectations for the game. I hope it eventually releases and is actually quality, which would be great, but if it doesn't, hey, shame for whoever backed it, but that's on them.

There's really no need to fucking mock and bash the game every single day. The vast majority of the posts are the same asinine posts that offer nothing to the discussion. We get it guys! No need to repeat yourselves every single day.
    People bash it because of greed mostly. Personaly i invested 0 cash in this game and my money goes to Egosoft. (at least they are making a product that will come out)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you want one sided discussion or to regulate posts then start your own forum.
    I would agree with you if you were in any way at all interested in having a discussion.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I would agree with you if you were in any way at all interested in having a discussion.
    I am interested. I've been discussing the game from a heavily critical and what even I'll admit is a forceful standpoint.

Does the game have potential? I don't think so. They threw away what last good will they had when they started charging 100 dollars or more for items in an unfinished product.

If any other company did that you'd all string them up. But no not the almighty lord of games CiG and Mr Roberts!

CiG don't get a free pass for the shit they've pulled with this game. Simple as that. If EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Square or any other big name did this they would be eviscerated.

I'm sorry the discussion you want is not one I have any interest in. But trying to quell it because you disagree with it or call for bans when no rules have been broken is out of line. You are free to discuss the game and positively if you want. Just don't try and silence those who are discussing it critically which right now seems to be the way it's going.

I think people are upset because the game had so much potential and people really want a big multiplayer space with a big believable universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I think people are upset because the game had so much potential and people really want a big multiplayer space with a big believable universe.
    Not really. If this didn't have seamless tech for example it wouldn't bother me either way.

It's just they overhype that as being a big feature.

It's that the potential it showed has not been met in any way, shape or form and that they are greedy as hell with the microtransactions which again in an unfinished product is just gross.

Not really. If this didn't have seamless tech for example it wouldn't bother me either way.

It's just they overhype that as being a big feature.

It's that the potential it showed has not been met in any way, shape or form and that they are greedy as hell with the microtransactions which again in an unfinished product is just gross.
    Well that too, but I don't think people would mind too much if the real thing one day came out...But the massive micro transaction, the limited communication, and the gross delays pretty much shows the Star citizen people were promised is unlikely to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Well that too, but I don't think people would mind too much if the real thing one day came out...But the massive micro transaction, the limited communication, and the gross delays pretty much shows the Star citizen people were promised is unlikely to come.
    Pretty much my viewpoint too. It doesn't help that the rabid side of the community are the most vocal at the moment. Praising Chris Roberts for adding yet another paywall ship to the game.

I have a feeling if this game does eventually come out it will be for an extremely niche audience. And the usual streamers who play it for like a day or two then go back to their usual games.

Does the game have potential? I don't think so. They threw away what last good will they had when they started charging 100 dollars or more for items in an unfinished product.
    I disagree there. I think it definitely has potential, it's just that potential is being put at severe risk by Chris Roberts' inability to resist the temptation of mission creep.

We get it dudes.

Here we go again, people wanting to censor opinions relevant to CIG and the game to create a circlejerk.

Why don't you guys use the ignore function if you really can't handle the fact that people post negatively about the game?

The fact that you want people universally banned for it says a whole lot about you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I disagree there. I think it definitely has potential, it's just that potential is being put at severe risk by Chris Roberts' inability to resist the temptation of mission creep.
    Eh respect your opinion. I just don't think it does sadly mate.

But yeah your statement about mission creep is extremely true.