Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    A little. Yea..

Answer the call 2014-2016. It's already long overdue. And there is no chance in hell we will see something from SQ42 next year.
    They'll most likely show something from SQ42 in about 3 months at Citizencon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You expect anything less from a troll who shills for Derek Smart? Ya know, gamings biggest failure and pathological liar?
    You can't have been around gaming long if you consider some random indie dev "gamings biggest failure ".

But yeah, Derek Smart was right. Game ain't getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    They'll most likely show something from SQ42 in about 3 months at Citizencon.
    Yea, like year or two ago? With vertical slice for SQ42? Mission, noone can play to this day nor is this mission or roadmap? Yea, I am sure they will show something - whatever will sell the most stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I still disagree on this, it will come out, just probably the same way that freelancer did....
    Personally I'd possibly agree for SQ42, just not SC. Derek said that the game as pitched ain't getting out. Which I doubt it ever will, as that game experience with 100 star systems is so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Yea, like year or two ago? With vertical slice for SQ42? Mission, noone can play to this day nor is this mission or roadmap? Yea, I am sure they will show something - whatever will sell the most stuff.
    Yeap like any other typical AAA single-player campaign kind of game very little is shown until right before release. We still can't play Death Stranding, Cyberpunk, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mount&Blade BannerLord, GTAVI, LastOfUs2 for that matter.

Yeap like any other typical AAA single-player campaign kind of game very little is shown until right before release. We still can't play Death Stranding, Cyberpunk, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mount&Blade BannerLord, GTAVI, LastOfUs2 for that matter.
    Which of those games are crowdfunded? Which of those games are years behind the originally planned/publicly shared release dates/windows?

This is a very poor comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which of those games are crowdfunded? Which of those games are years behind the originally planned/publicly shared release dates/windows?

This is a very poor comparison.
    in before someone mentions Cyberpunk being delayed while completely ignoring they paused development on that to make the Witcher 3, while SC has no such excuse.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

No it isn't, being crowdfunded doesn't make a game magically faster to develop, it's quite the opposite actually.

The better comparison would be picking a crowdfunded game as ambitious as Star Citizen & Squadron 42 where the team would have had to be built and funding to be gained while the game is being made and while it's running as a live playable service.

Want to check out how other crowdfunded games kickstarter "release" dates compare with their reality? Check for example:

Dual Universe, Infinity Battlescape, Ashes of Creation, Chronicles of Elrya, Pantheon, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained..

Just to name a few.

No it isn't, being crowdfunded doesn't make a game magically faster to develop, it's quite the opposite actually.
    That's not what I was referencing. I was referencing that those games don't have the same kind of "transparency" requirements that SC does as they're beholden to their publishers (or themselves for self-published titles) and not their crowdfunded backers.

The better comparison would be picking a crowdfunded game as ambitious as Star Citizen & Squadron 42 where the team would have had to be built and funding to be gained while the game is being made and while it's running as a live playable service.
    There is no direct comparison to that given the level of funding and the considerably expanded scope of the project.

Remember, you're the one that made the comparison. Don't back away from that now just because it's a poor one.

Want to check out how other crowdfunded games kickstarter "release" dates compare with their reality? Check for example:

Dual Universe, Infinity Battlescape, Ashes of Creation, Chronicles of Elrya, Pantheon, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained..
    None of which have or are as aggressively crowdfunding as SC. None of which (save maybe Ashes of Creation, though even that's a far cry from SC) are remotely aiming for the scope that CIG is.

CIG needs that increased level of transparency. The games you mentioned, don't.

Man you guys have been arguing with this guy for at least 50 pages. Just give up
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are different game genres but set in the same universe and share a lot of the same gameplay systems. Not having a Squadron 42 "demo" to play is a non issue. And it's no where related with "level of transparency".

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are different game genres but set in the same universe and share a lot of the same gameplay systems. Not having a Squadron 42 "demo" to play is a non issue. And it's no where related with "level of transparency".
    They may have the same mechanics, but sharing systems across games without massive overhauls is always a problem. Not saying it's impossible, but it would certainly be easier to make it a tight fit than to struggle to share them.

Going from mmo gameplay system to single payer gameplay system should not be much of a problem. There's no other players to account or complex network checks. If it was the other way around that would be complicated.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going from mmo gameplay system to single payer gameplay system should not be much of a problem. There's no other players to account or complex network checks. If it was the other way around that would be complicated.
    Both have to be designed and built to be seamless so there's no difference between them. That's not easy to do for even the most experienced developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Both have to be designed and built to be seamless so there's no difference between them. That's not easy to do for even the most experienced developers.
    Yeah but when you have to account for other players or network acountabilities it get's way harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Man you guys have been arguing with this guy for at least 50 pages. Just give up
    This sort of thing is probably closer to 400 pages of the total thread count ;\

New ship is the Aegis Nautilus and only sells for a meager $675. Get yours now and support the BDSSE!

Jokes aside, they've literally just introduced another ship that's based around a mechanic that doesn't exist. Now it's mine laying.

I dare you, look me in the eye and tell me that this isn't featurecreep deluxe. All I'm seeing is a repeat of Freelancer when Chris Roberts ran the funds into the ground with his featurecreep.

Sad. Just sad.

Mandatory Derek Smart was right goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Whenever I see that this thread has a new post, I get my hopes up thinking that there is someone who actually wants to discuss the gameplay or speculate on the story, but then I'm disappointed to see that it's just more bitching. Maybe 10% of all posts in this thread actually talk about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Whenever I see that this thread has a new post, I get my hopes up thinking that there is someone who actually wants to discuss the gameplay or speculate on the story, but then I'm disappointed to see that it's just more bitching. Maybe 10% of all posts in this thread actually talk about the game.
    Go ahead and discuss the Aegis Nautilus and minelaying, then. Everything old has been discussed to death already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    890J on PTU. It's a beast.
    oh no doubt, it's a pretty badass ship. i don't have one but i will get one in-game for sure after release. i am a fan of both Origin and Drake, i know total opposites, but that's just how i roll.

for those interested here is a guided tour of one:

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    i feel you on that. i don't mind criticism it's the blatant fallacies and bias employed ala let's judge a game still in Alpha as if it were a released game. still makes me laugh at how people can even think that is logical, but hey i find it amusing on a psychological/human behavior level.

the Nautilus was unexpected and the mine-field gameplay could be interesting, but it depends on implementation like how far apart do they have to be to be effective, how many are needed to be effective, what is their area of effect, how fast can they move, can they be controlled remotely or are they full auto, etc? it's not my type or ship and one i may end up getting way past full release of the game just to try out the gameplay, but not something i will be coveting. tbh, the ships i am looking forward to now are the Vulture and then Ranger (imma have my Akira moment damnit!) and accompanying gameplay.

latest ISC:

Awesome flying skills from Terada and his Org:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist