10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ...Star Citizen is going to be....
    ... in SC you will have....
    ... you could spend ....

Wow bro. just wow.

130 Star systems?!? Oh hell yeah, 1 almost done, 129 more to go!

If you enjoy playing a game with very limited depth from all its gameplay features then thats fine.
    I enjoy playing a spaceship game that allows me to live out a fantasy of being a spaceship man free to forge my own path in a huge galaxy.

Star Citizen is going to be around 130 star systems to begin with, having billions of star systems is all well and good but if there is nothing to do in most of them its kind of a waste.
    It's not a waste, it's part of the spaceship man fantasy to be able to head out into the black and search for cool or interesting stuff thousands of light-years from anyone else.

Dont get me started on how bad ED travel systems are, they are just lazy systems that are no more than glorified loading screens, travel times are supposed to be long and in SC you will have other things to do when you travelling so your not just fixed to your seat, your not supposed to just constantly move between planets in SC as you could spend 100s of hours just doing jobs around 1 single planet if you want, travel times in SC are constantly being adjusted.
    You're joking, right? E super-cruise you actually fly the ship, set acceleration so you don't overshoot, check out signal sources, dodge gravity wells, watch out for interdictions, plan approaches to stations etc. More importantly you can actually get around a system in a timely manner, I'm not convinced they'll be able to pack enough on-board gameplay into the ships if a trip to outer planets can take dozens of hours.

ED just lacks depth to keep many players interested.
    *shrugs* at least it has content, I can't seem my chosen role as an explorer really being engaged by two systems that have been thoroughly explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    snip
    You not free to do whatever you want in ED there is a limited amount of choices and thats it.

A massive galaxy is a waste when there is no alien civilisations to interact with, and a few random alien ships in space and the occasional ground structure is hardly anything to be considered actual alien civilisation. Where are the cities to explore, where are the vastly different planets with actual biomes to explore, ED has no depth.

Supercruise is terrible, the worst implementation of space travel every put into a game, you dont plan anything you just point and slow down at the right time so not very good gameplay at all. Quantum travel is actually at least somewhat realistic, where is supercruise is not at all, traveling fast and long distances requires lots of calculations and without magical tech your ship would tear itself apart if you tried turning at those speeds.

SC has tons of actual content currently and is far more interesting, the combat alone in SC is light years better than anything ED has, the mining and trading are miles better, the missions are more interesting, so ED has nothing on the content in SC.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-12 at 04:41 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

If you enjoy playing a game with very limited depth from all its gameplay features then thats fine.

Star Citizen is going to be around

in SC you will have
    Compare what SC has right NOW versus what other games have right NOW. Stop trying to project a future of SC that may never come to pass and compare it to what games have now. That is such bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wow bro. just wow.
    lol dammit, I see now someone beat me to the punch!

- - - Updated - - -

You not free to do whatever you want in ED there is a limited amount of choices and thats it.
    Yes, in SC you can do anything and everything! Well maybe years later when this stuff exists in SC...wait

Star Citizen is going to be around 130 star systems to begin with, having billions of star systems is all well and good but if there is nothing to do in most of them its kind of a waste.

Dont get me started on how bad ED travel systems are, they are just lazy systems that are no more than glorified loading screens, travel times are supposed to be long and in SC you will have other things to do when you travelling so your not just fixed to your seat, your not supposed to just constantly move between planets in SC as you could spend 100s of hours just doing jobs around 1 single planet if you want, travel times in SC are constantly being adjusted.

ED just lacks depth to keep many players interested.
    I like how having a variety of places to visit is boring and wasteful but being stuck for 100s of hours around a single planet is good.
    I like how being able to pilot your ship and have fast travel to get to places quicker is bad and being in super slow travel, unable to steer your ship with constant flashing screen effects reminiscent of a loading screen is good. Having to do busy work in your ship to amuse yourself and break away from the monotony of glacial travel speeds will never make up for it.
    I like how everything is "going to be, will have, could spend" etc, all based on promises that have continually failed to materialise.
    I like how Elite supposedly lacks depth to keep people interested yet it has considerably more concurrency and avg. playtime compared to SC...

Ultimately, you might as well save yourself a load of typing and just say "Elite bad, SC good" because that pretty much sums it up

ED has no depth.

SC has tons of actual content currently and is far more interesting
    Looks like someone is confusing opinions and facts again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Ultimately, you might as well save yourself a load of typing and just say "Elite bad, SC good" because that pretty much sums it up
    I know, it kills me how delusional he is on this one. Game A has released has their features in games and knows what it is. Game B is a train wreck of dev fuckups, delays, constant game crashing and meltdowns. Game B MIGHT one day have more features but does not have them now. Pick a game to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC has tons of actual content currently.
    STOP.
    FUCKING.
    LYING.

If you would just drop the bullshit facade, people might take some of the things you say seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Didn't need any fixing since there isn't anything in there worth both numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Didn't need any fixing since there isn't anything in there worth both numbers.
    Wasn't sure what you were getting at with your post and if it was a typo or whatever, and they've spent ~$350 million on the game to date.

I get your point now.

I agree.

And i could say the same for GTA 5 nothing worth 265 million spent to release it, or the 300 million plus spend to release RDR2.

The money is for paying the staff so any company of similar size will spend the same per year regardless of what game they are making.
    Comparing games?
    Gta 5 development took 137 million in 3 years, rest was marketing.
    Do you think cig spent half of 350 million to marketing?
    They even sold some shares and said that money will be used for marketing, did they already use it too?

SC in PU is worthless right now. No final mechanics, no proper networking. Lots of bugs. No proper gameplay.
    They couldn't even build a proper interface for years.

With 350 million+share sales money, they couldn't even complete a single player game in 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    ED has no depth and nothing to do! I still managed to pump over 100 hours into it, though!

Absolute clown shoes.

Also weird to shit on another game with cries of nothing to do when someone has listed all the things they've done. Wasn't that part of the argument for SC? That you could create your own gameplay/stories and so on? Why is it OK for one game but not the other?
    Because shills for SC must shill for SC and shit on other games when it suits them, or compare them to other games to fuel the agenda when needed to deflect from criticism of 'THE GAME' that is SC.

- - - Updated - - -

Comparing games?
    They even sold some shares and said that money will be used for marketing, did they already use it too?

SC in PU is worthless right now. No final mechanics, no proper networking. Lots of bugs. No proper gameplay.

With 350 million+share sales money, they couldn't even complete a single player game in 9 years.
    Yeah I can't wait til SC breaks 400 mil, 500 mil or whatever they keep getting and still fail to produce a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I can't wait til SC breaks 400 mil, 500 mil or whatever they keep getting and still fail to produce a game.
    It takes as much time and money as it takes! And everything will be OK once this super, magical, totally-not-a-scam game finally gets released with absolutely everything Chris Roberts promised, in addition to whatever fantasi-glorious things he feels the game needs to be everything it should be, including (but not limited to) NPCs that can literally tuck themselves into bed and walk to the bathroom and take a shit!

...Just typing that out made me feel crazy and stupid. I can't believe people actually embrace this crap.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that they're embracing this game I don't understand, but that they're SUCH fanatical, fanboi zealots that they willingly accept and even PRAISE the idea that as long as the game eventually gets released, no amount of money and no length of time is unacceptable. That's just bonkers.

The "no content or gameplay" nonsense again?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    No gameplay hun?

Dogfighting, Multicrew and FPS gameplay

Mining

Cargo Hauling

Delivery Missions

Bounty Hunting

Investigation

It's not that hard to do a little research on youtube...but you guys prefer to keep your head bury in the sand, I guess you think you're edgy for hating on Star Citizen or something. Oh well... you're loss our laughs.
    A bit outdated by now because there's a lot of new locations, ships, gear, missions that were added since like FPS and ROC mining along with the Prision System which ties with the Bounty Hunting/mercenary and criminal gameplay, Caves, new missions, reputation etc

No point in comparing with elite because it's game systems aren't deep enough and well connected enough to allow the kind of gameplay that Star Citizen does:

Things like a fully online game area where players aren't separated by little instances, EVA, ship interiors, ship boarding, ship stealing or ship auto-destruction.

There's a global chat and a free moving camera to play in 3rd person view like most mmorpgs have. That's nice.

And ships, what would a space game be without ships, lot's of ships and ground vehicles to play with:

Kinda like WoW Armory of Star Citizen to check ships builds: https://www.erkul.games/ships

Not sure but I'd say it's there's a lot more ships and vehicles available than in Elite for those who care about such comparisons.

What about gear, tons of armours and weapons to equip your char:

Star Citizen's wowhead: https://finder.deepspacecrew.com/

And what to say about planets and moons?

Fully modelled with all the bells and whistles and some more: From city planets to Earth-likes, Barren, Atmospheric, Mountains, Plains, Oceans, Savanas, Sandstorms, Snowstorms, Rain, Blizzards, Valleys.

One Star Citizen planet alone has more biomes than the entire "galaxy" of other games.

snip
    You worked hard.

Lots and lots of assets.
    Show us the salvaging mechanic now please.
    I want to see massively crowded battles too.
    Want me as for other promised game mechanics or shall we talk about more bugs?

Wanna discuss the famous 30K error which they couldn't fix for a while?
    These are for SC.

Where is sq42? They are having a hard time with network coding ok but they can't even make a single player.

I wouldn't call a repeatable delievery mission meaningful "content".
    Open up mobiglass
    "oh i can make 3000 credits on a delivery mission"
    "go to Port Olisar, picks up the box from the vending machine and runs to your ship on the pad"
    spends 15 minutes tabbed out of Star Citizen while you're QTing to Microtech
    spend another 5 minutes flying down to the right skyscraper on Microteach
    lands, runs out of your ship and puts the box in a vending machine
    receives 3000 credits
    repeat

Well, it's gameplay, but it's not really meaningful PvE "content" to do, not content in the way most gamers would call it. And that's most of what the game is. "Go to this bunker and kill 7 generated mobs, and this mission will respawn again 5 minutes later". "go to this asteroid belt and blow up satelites". Etc.

Probably the most meaningful PvE "content" in the game is that quest you get from Tecia on ArcCorp, where she wants you to perform a drug heist and loans you a Cutlass to do it. So you go to a skyscraper on ArcCorp, get into the cutlass, go to the moon with the designated bunker, kill everyone, throw the drugs into the cutlass, fly back and drop it off. Or the mission where Tecia wants you to break her men out of a prison transport, and you have to be sure to find the right guy (and kill the traitor). This is like, a barebones Elder Scrolls sidequest, and that's probably the most meaningful "content" you do in the game besides more repeat activities like putting boxes into vending machines or mowing down bandits in bunkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "no content or gameplay" nonsense again?
    There you go again, lying through your teeth. No one said there wasn't content. . . .and none of the videos you posted are feature complete.

LoL you just don't understand why people keep making fun of you do you?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-05-12 at 09:17 PM.

Comparing games?

You have already been proven wrong about no proper gameplay and the amount of players playing the game is at least around 20k on a concurrent basis otherwise they wouldnt have around 20k player capacity for the servers right now.

Development began is 2008 and it released in 2013 so 5 years plus for development and extra time to port it to PC, marketing is included in development costs so the game still cost 265 million to make a game they have been making for decades, remaking the same game with better graphics is much easier that building a game from nothing and no staff.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I also feel like this focus on content is focusing on symptoms, not the problem. Star Citizen is being marketed as a sandbox MMO, except right now there is very little reason to do any sandboxy things. You can't shoot in armistice zones so you can't have the emergent gameplay of trying to chase down bounty hunters in cities or fighting your way through a lot of guards, and 75% of the time criminals are either chilling out in an armistice zone, or they are in quantum travel, so you can't reach them and most of the time they log out before you manage to reach them. I guess the most sandboxy thing you can do is try to pirate ROC miners for 40k to 75k credits, but given that you're going to need at least 2 or 3 people to do this and you're going to be splitting the money, and that ROC piracy operations almost always take at least half an hour, sometimes 2 hours, you're making an abysmal amount of credits per hour and you'd be better off doing boring barebones PvE stuff like just clearing out bandit NPCs in bunkers or shooting satelites that don't shoot back. That's not a fun game. And there is hardly any emergent gameplay in Star Citizen because you have 50 players spread out across the star system. You're almost never going to run into a Mantis trap, or see a fight happening and join in, or hear a call for help in the chat that leads to a battle, or anything.

You have already been proven wrong
    Yeah...no. You and anderson seem to think so, but that's about it.