Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    When you understand the simple concept of Crowdfunding and Game Development you understand that a pledge is not equal to a pre-order and that changes in scope and priorities are part of the process.

Therefore, if you're angry about such things, it is because you didn't did do enough research about what you were backing to be able to manage expectations accordingly. Therefore, you have only yourself to blame.
    When a game is in Alpha and has a working cash shop that is not a 'pledge' any longer. They can call it whatever they wish but it is a cash shop that is not taking 'donations' or 'pledges' it is making sales. When something is on a cash shop and has not been put into the game for YEARS and then they make new ships and slap them on the cash shop, that is a problem. Is that not a problem to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody is doing that. There's discussion, people disagree with the opinions of others,
    There's no discussion. There's same people repeating same things at each others over and over again.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    When a game is in Alpha and has a working cash shop that is not a 'pledge' any longer. They can call it whatever they wish but it is a cash shop that is not taking 'donations' or 'pledges' it is making sales. When something is on a cash shop and has not been put into the game for YEARS and then they make new ships and slap them on the cash shop, that is a problem. Is that not a problem to you?
    How much have you spent in the cash shop?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Aegis Sabre better than Avenger Titan? How much does it cost to upgrade from one to another?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Is Aegis Sabre better than Avenger Titan? How much does it cost to upgrade from one to another?
    The Avenger Titan costs $55. What ship are you upgrading from? There's a chance that the ship you have is worth more than the Titan, so you can melt your ship down and just get the Titan instantly without having to pay more money.

The Titan is regarded one of the best small ships in the game right now. It is the only small ship besides the Origin ships that has an interior, meaning you can store cargo, carry passengers, and has a bed for you to log out in. The 300i series has a wider cockpit canopy.

The Sabre is marketed as a stealth fighter, but stealth in SC is borked right now and isn't going to be properly implemented for a long time. The Sabre can carry beefier guns than the Titan. However, unlike the Titan, the Sabre does not have an interior, nor does it have a cargo bay. So you can't log out in it, can't carry around other players, or transport cargo.

You can only buy the Sabre from the pledge store during limited sales periods (for $170). It's not available for sale right now. If you REALLY want a Sabre, you could turn to the grey market. On the SC trades subreddit, Sabres seem to sell for around $160 to $185 recently. https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

- - - Updated - - -

I see little reason to get a sabre right now. Stealth right now is borked. You're overpaying for a small fighter. Do you blow stuff up a lot in small ships? You can do that just fine using cheaper ships like the 300i, the Titan, or the Anvil Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Can you tell us on which studios other teams are?
    Instead if believing you i would believe in these posts anyday.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ober_5th_2020/

And CIG buying shares of Turbulent.. How does it work now? Chris roberts having a seat on both companies and getting paid in both?
    Or he doesn't get anything at all from Turbulent?

How does the agreement between two companies work? Is there a deadline? Any punishment for late delivery?
    We have seen Chris Roberts waste lots of money with the illfonic disaster. I am sure he will love to do the same again.

What do you mean all ex-ubisoft Montreal? Did ubisoft shut down montreal studio?
    No way to know for sure, only speculate. Maybe watching the Weekly Dev shows about networking or checking where each dev is from by checking for employers info on linkedin.

Like stated previously, the Lead Network Programmer works in the UK Studio, so it makes sense that the bigger team is there, so it's possible that [NET - Network Team (6 engineers)] = UK

The Engineering Director is based on the US Studio

And so on, like stated previously, since it's a tech that touches all the aspects of the game they'll most likely have a team designated to it in every studio.

As for CIG buying shares from Turbulent and Turbulent buying shares from CIG I think it's the result of the strengthening of commitment of an already long partnership between two companies with a common goal.

Ubisoft Montreal had some internal problems/drama and a lot of veteran developers left the company. CIG used the connection with Turbulent to create another studio and pick from the enormous pool of Dev talent that exists in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Since you seem to keep saying everyone else has no experience/knowledge with [Star Citizen and it's Development] please tell us what experience you have?
    Well, concerning Star Citizen:

I've been a follower of the project since it was announced back in 2012. I backed and played all the patches from 2013 until today. I've watched most if not all of the Dev shows, dev interviews and dev forum posts and discussed game development with many of them both online and IRL. I've done bug hunting and reporting for all these years clocking probably thousands of hours in the alpha while experiencing every gameplay feature and asset available. Eventually got selected to join a small group of player/testers to test new builds with the devs before they go into the public.

Besides Star Citizen, I've followed in depth several games in development along the years, both traditional and crowdfunded.

What can I say, it's been a fun, enlightening and learning experience.

I didn't know about it? When did I say anything differently? And again they said it was built with interiors being in mind for future content. They didn't promise to have it implemented right away. It's like Blizzard saying they have 4 expansions planned out. It doesn't mean you are going to get all 4 at once or that you will even get all 4 if suddenly subs drop to nothing and they can't afford to make 3 of them. It's sad that your gotchas end up only being due to poor reading comprehension on your part. Would save you alot of time if you had a co-worker or family member read it for you and explain it to you.
    You're losing the key point. The user in question that I was responding too wasn't aware of a simple fact and I informed him/corrected him. That's all.

And I didn't say Elite was perfect or development done right. I said that every actual game creates the base game first and adds on to it later on.
    Which is not working that well for them, with many of their veteran players now jumping into Star Citizen.
    And they certainly don't take money from people promising one game and a short release date and turning it into something else that still hasn't come out after almost a decade.
    That is exactly what they did. They just recently announced VR discontinuation and the hold on development of one of their key features (Ship Interiors and everything that goes with it)to sell "Lifetime Packages" back in the kickstarter days.

Real games make sure they can handle having 100 people on a map before they create a 100 man arena or what ever. I never said Elite was an amazing game I said it was an actual game.
    You're mistaking traditional development with crowdfund. You're used to just eat the sausage, not seeing it get made.

If server meshing is the thing that will turn Star Citizen into a functional game then you would say its the most important feature of the game right? So if a portion of server meshing was the feature that all the other teams and shit needed you would say it was the most important feature of server meshing right?

What little knowledge do I have and what knowledge do you have? Care to show any proof you know anything you are talking about? Cause you didn't even seem to comprehend your quote said they created one of the most important parts of getting server meshing to work........

And no you can't handle criticism and when people asked you to say something negative you had to spin it into "Fools can't understand the glory of CiG because in 2015 they weren't more clear". LOL You could have atleast said something easy to complain about like not developing ships they sold while selling new ones or something small like some paint jobs make the ships less realistic without a metallic sheen or something. Hell you could have just said you don't like the look of X or Y but you couldn't even do that lol.
    Server meshing is not as much tied to functionality but scalability. The goal is to have thousands/millions of players sharing the same online universe. Even someone without much knowledge of game development can imagine how complex and hard that task is.

Insight goes both ways. There's a reason why after all these years there's still no game alike Star Citizen. They are making something very difficult to achieve which is why it makes it so special. This is basically a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a game like this to be created, and we get to participate and see it first hand come true.

It's pretty great.
    It's called Crowdfunding model and it allows all willingly and legal adults to support financially the projects they want with the amount of money they chose. Look it up.
    Don't spend money on that, you can get the Sabre ingame in no time (2 Million Credits) by renting a Cutlass Black + ROC mining car and farming Adanite.

Just like in this video:

- - - Updated - - -

And a new Development Video just dropped showcasing the next planned being added in patch 3.14. Gas giant Crusader and the cloud city Orison. It's looking and sounding (they got a hugely talented composer) pretty dope.

The leaves rustling along the ground @8:55 is a nice touch.

Another HUD rework? This is... what? The fourth version?

It's called Crowdfunding model and it allows all willingly and legal adults to support financially the projects they want with the amount of money they chose. Look it up.
    So you are totally fine with them designing and selling new ships while people have waited years for ships they paid for? Glad we cleared that up.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been a follower of the project since it was announced back in 2012. I backed and played all the patches from 2013 until today. I've watched most if not all of the Dev shows, dev interviews and dev forum posts and discussed game development with many of them both online and IRL. I've done bug hunting and reporting for all these years clocking probably thousands of hours in the alpha while experiencing every gameplay feature and asset available. Eventually got selected to join a small group of player/testers to test new builds with the devs before they go into the public.
    So in a way you're partly responsible for how bad the game is? Like did you keep making suggestions for more feature creep?

Thousands of hours in...that? And you pay them to be a tester for the new builds. Whatever works for you I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you seem to keep saying everyone else has no experience/knowledge in ___________ please tell us what experience you have?
    Playing the game a LOT does not make you dev btw. Just because I have thousands of hours in WoW and follow a lot of information on it does not make me qualified to speak on their server meshing systems. Just because I've watched thousands of hours of football does not make me qualified to coach a football team or break down their playbook as if I knew all the internal workings. You are not a dev, stop acting like you are one.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-06-24 at 11:59 PM.

Well, concerning Star Citizen:

Besides Star Citizen, I've followed in depth several games in development along the years, both traditional and crowdfunded.

What can I say, it's been a fun, enlightening and learning experience.
    First off testing a game doesn't make you a dev otherwise I would have developed 30+ games many who never even made it out of alpha/beta.

Second it just shows how emotionally and financially invested in the game you are which is clouding your judgement.

Third it reveals just how inept the devs are that they invite yes-men players to test the game. You were given the opportunity to properly say something negative about the game on a forum where CR wont find you and ban you and yet you still couldn't. That's really going to improve the game. Let them know that selling ships while not finishing the ones they sold is morally wrong. Tell them to sell more paintjobs or some shit for more cash. Tell them you think the X looks ugly/strange or what ever. Actually help make the game better not hinder it.

You're losing the key point. The user in question that I was responding too wasn't aware of a simple fact and I informed him/corrected him. That's all.

Which is not working that well for them, with many of their veteran players now jumping into Star Citizen.

That is exactly what they did. They just recently announced VR discontinuation and the hold on development of one of their key features (Ship Interiors and everything that goes with it)to sell "Lifetime Packages" back in the kickstarter days.

That wasn't the key point. The key point is you using something out of context to make it seem like it was ment to be in from the beginning. And when you were caught you tried weaseling out by making it about a single poster not realizing that you had tricked them. And before you try and weasel out of it and claim it wasn't about that then why didn't you correct them when they assumed he was talking about putting in the original release???

And you have proof of that? Link steam charts or something showing you aren't just lying.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson

You're mistaking traditional development with crowdfund. You're used to just eat the sausage, not seeing it get made.

Server meshing is not as much tied to functionality but scalability. The goal is to have thousands/millions of players sharing the same online universe. Even someone without much knowledge of game development can imagine how complex and hard that task is.

Insight goes both ways. There's a reason why after all these years there's still no game alike Star Citizen. They are making something very difficult to achieve which is why it makes it so special. This is basically a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a game like this to be created, and we get to participate and see it first hand come true.

It's pretty great.
    What other crowdfunded game started ass backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson

It's pretty great.
    What does that have to do with them arguably creating the most important part of the system?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-06-25 at 03:41 AM.

First off testing a game doesn't make you a dev otherwise I would have developed 30+ games many who never even made it out of alpha/beta.
    Aren't we all just devs when you think about it? Oh wait, we aren't? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the best looking planet/moon/planetoid to land on it and just take it in visually? Besides starting locations/cities
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

What is the best looking planet/moon/planetoid to land on it and just take it in visually? Besides starting locations/cities
    Microtech is the only really good looking planetoid in the game right now. It has the valleys of flowers, the green forests, snowcapped mountains in the distance and a blue sky. It'd look better if there were fluffy clouds in the game, and if rivers and streams and flocks of birds and other critters were added.

Sadly none of the other planetoids look really good. I guess maybe Magda (a moon of Hurston) at night, if you juxtapose the red sand with the thin azure atmosphere and the starry sky.

When Microtech was in the PTU, one of its moons looked really colorful, like Jupiter's moon Io (which looks colorful because of the volcanic sulfur), or Dantooine from Star Wars Galaxy, or a No Man's Sky planet, but sadly it never made it to live release.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The leaves rustling along the ground @8:55 is a nice touch.
    Another HUD rework? This is... what? The fourth version?
    Iteration. New systems added to gameplay have to be communicated to HUD.
    Besides, it was already known that every ship manufacturer would have it's own unique HUD design.
    So you are totally fine with them designing and selling new ships while people have waited years for ships they paid for? Glad we cleared that up.
    Third it reveals just how inept the devs are that they invite yes-men players to test the game. You were given the opportunity to properly say something negative about the game on a forum where CR wont find you and ban you and yet you still couldn't. That's really going to improve the game. Let them know that selling ships while not finishing the ones they sold is morally wrong. Tell them to sell more paintjobs or some shit for more cash. Tell them you think the X looks ugly/strange or what ever. Actually help make the game better not hinder it.
    I backed to help make a game and that game is being made in a more ambitious and grandiose way that I could ever imagine. Why wouldn't I be fine with it?
    Crowdfunding video-games is not like a pre-order. You back to help fund the making of a project, whatever bonus you get for backing the game it's just that. A bonus.
    So in a way you're partly responsible for how bad the game is? Like did you keep making suggestions for more feature creep?
    Besides voting with my wallet I also voted YES in the forum for the continuing addition of stretch goals and regret nothing besides not having backed earlier , I just need to do my research before jumping in and making sure the project would have enough leverage to take off, and it did indeed. This was back when they got ~32 millions in pledges.
    Thousands of hours in...that? And you pay them to be a tester for the new builds. Whatever works for you I guess.
    It's called having fun, the same you and many millions pay monthly to enjoy WoW I payed one time to CIG to enjoy their Alpha build.
    Playing the game a LOT does not make you dev btw. Just because I have thousands of hours in WoW and follow a lot of information on it does not make me qualified to speak on their server meshing systems. Just because I've watched thousands of hours of football does not make me qualified to coach a football team or break down their play-book as if I knew all the internal workings. You are not a dev, stop acting like you are one.
    First off testing a game doesn't make you a dev
    I never said I was a dev now did I? I just said I understand what they were doing. Which you end up doing when you follow their craft so closely as I have for so many years.
    You've been watching the highlights of the games on the TV once in a full moon while I've been there with the team since inception, following all the practices, training drills, tactic developments sessions, gym, cardio, sauna, from pre-season to now while mingling with the players for 9 years.
    I may not be a dev, but I know the basics of game development, like why T-Posing avatars happen for example. Which is more than most posters here can claim.
    That wasn't the key point. The key point is you using something out of context to make it seem like it was ment to be in from the beginning. And when you were caught you tried weaseling out by making it about a single poster not realizing that you had tricked them. And before you try and weasel out of it and claim it wasn't about that then why didn't you correct them when they assumed he was talking about putting in the original release???
    Go read it again, it was about correcting a poster who didn't knew information that I ended up providing accurately while helping him learn a new fact. Which I did. Nothing was stated out of context but some people didn't had enough information to understand the context.

What other crowdfunded game started ass backwards?
    None of them, they started exactly as they needed. Hence the crowdfunding. Ambitious games that can't get funding through the traditional ways went directly to the players instead of relying on publishers.
    What does that have to do with them arguably creating the most important part of the system?
    Well it encompasses the nature and complexity of the project. Aren't you tired of the stagnation of the mmo genre? This aims to disrupt it and pmove things forward. Like I said, it's a only of a kind opportunity to pursuit such an ambitious project and why so many got and keep getting on board.
    I'd also vote for Microtech but feel like every planetary body is worth a visit.
    You can make your own judgement:

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-25 at 10:24 PM.

I backed to help make a game and that game is being made in a more ambitious and grandiose way that I could ever imagine. Why wouldn't I be fine with it?

Crowdfunding video-games is not like a pre-order. You back to help fund the making of a project, whatever bonus you get for backing the game it's just that. A bonus.
    Thinks on their Alpha cash shop are not a 'bonus'. It is a cash shop that is selling ships, some that are not in the game yet. You are totally fine with people getting fucked over by not having ships they paid for while they continue to churn out new ships to sell. That's fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides voting with my wallet I also voted YES in the forum for the continuing addition of stretch goals and regret nothing besides not having backed earlier , I just need to do my research before jumping in and making sure the project would have enough leverage to take off, and it did indeed. This was back when they got ~32 millions in pledges.
    I wonder how many people would have voted yes in the forums if they knew that in 2021 the game would still be missing many ships they paid for, a server cap of 50, servers melting down after 3-4 hours and no sign of the main 'Jesus Tech' needed for the game in server meshing. Would be quite the interesting vote I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said I was a dev now did I? I just said I understand what they were doing. Which you end up doing when you follow their craft so closely as I have for so many years.
    Stop trying to correct people then as if you were a dev. You are just someone that has sunk far too many hours into the game, that's it. You understand what they tell you. You know nothing special about the inner workings of the game as you don't work on it, nor do you have a background working on games. You sure do love trying to correct people that DO have a background in making games though. Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

I may not be a dev, but I know the basics of game development
    You are not a dev, period.

- - - Updated - - -

low sub video x2
    More strangely low sub count videos again. That shit sure is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it encompasses the nature and complexity of the project. Aren't you tired of the stagnation of the mmo genre? This aims to disrupt it and pmove things forward. Like I said, it's a only of a kind opportunity to pursuit such an ambitious project and why so many got and keep getting on board.
    What the hell are you talking about?? This isn't going to 'disrupt' the mmo genre. This is barely even a blip on the MMO genre. 50 server cap does not a MMO make. Til this magic 'Jesus Tech' comes about this never will be a MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

You've been watching the highlights of the games on the TV once in a full moon while I've been there with the team since inception, following all the practices, training drills, tactic developments sessions, gym, cardio, sauna, from pre-season to now while mingling with the players for 9 years.
    You aren't a member of the team, you pay THEM to play the game, you toss THEM money for your access. You have dedicated thousands of hours to play this game and be an unpaid worker. In fact you are even lower than unpaid, you are paying them to work. I don't think they are sending you an invitation to the 'team' barbeque man.

Been there with the team since inception. lol. I bet they don't even know who the fuck you are. Well maybe Paying Non-Employee #1.

Thinks on their Alpha cash shop are not a 'bonus'. It is a cash shop that is selling ships, some that are not in the game yet. You are totally fine with people getting fucked over by not having ships they paid for while they continue to churn out new ships to sell. That's fucked up.
    Yes they are. That's the concept of crowdfunding and pledging. You're putting money into a project in the early stages to help making it come true.
    If willingly adults are ok to buy ships in concept stage it's because they are perfectly fine waiting for them. Or else they would just stick with pledging for flight ready ships.

I wonder how many people would have voted yes in the forums if they knew that in 2021 the game would still be missing many ships they paid for, a server cap of 50, servers melting down after 3-4 hours and no sign of the main 'Jesus Tech' needed for the game in server meshing. Would be quite the interesting vote I bet.
    In case you haven't noticed the number of people playing the game and buying concept ships keeps increasing along the years.

Stop trying to correct people then as if you were a dev. You are just someone that has sunk far too many hours into the game, that's it. You understand what they tell you. You know nothing special about the inner workings of the game as you don't work on it, nor do you have a background working on games. You sure do love trying to correct people that DO have a background in making games though. Weird.
    You don't need to be a dev to correct people with no actual experience playing a game. How can that be so hard to grasp to you?

If you post in a thread about a game that you don't play or follow much besides such thread you shouldn't be surprised that posters that have been following the game and actually playing it for longer than you to be more knowledgeable about what's going on.

What the hell are you talking about?? This isn't going to 'disrupt' the mmo genre. This is barely even a blip on the MMO genre. 50 server cap does not a MMO make. Til this magic 'Jesus Tech' comes about this never will be a MMO.
    Guess we will have to wait and see and agree to disagree for the time being.

You aren't a member of the team, you pay THEM to play the game, you toss THEM money for your access. You have dedicated thousands of hours to play this game and be an unpaid worker. In fact you are even lower than unpaid, you are paying them to work. I don't think they are sending you an invitation to the 'team' barbeque man.

Been there with the team since inception. lol. I bet they don't even know who the fuck you are. Well maybe Paying Non-Employee #1.
    I never said I was a Member of the Team now did I? I said I've been there following their work from the kickstarter, I've interchanged with Devs in forums and IRL events.

It's clear that you don't have much experience with crowdfunded studios/games but almost all of them share parts of the development process/thoughts with their community along the years. That is a way to keep them engaged with the project by explaining the direction of the game, challenges encountered etc. One can learn a lot just from that.

It's something that many gamers enjoy and have no problem paying pay for. If you don't that's perfectly ok.

Yes they are. That's the concept of crowdfunding and pledging. You're putting money into a project in the early stages to help making it come true.
    SC is not in the early stages after 9 years, is it? Because if it is, wooo, damn you're getting this game in what, 2030? Call it what you want, that is a cash shop not a 'pledge shop' or a 'donation shop'.

- - - Updated - - -

If willingly adults are ok to buy ships in concept stage it's because they are perfectly fine waiting for them. Or else they would just stick with pledging for flight ready ships.
    Some people bought these ships years ago and still have not gotten them. But that is okay to you. I think it is scummy as hell, but you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you haven't noticed the number of people playing the game and buying concept ships keeps increasing along the years.
    How does that dispute my claims about the 50 person server cap and no server meshing in sight? Oh it doesn't. You just ignore that. Some MMO.

You don't need to be a dev to correct people with no actual experience playing a game. How can that be so hard to grasp to you?
    Because you are just someone who has played the game a lot. That's it. You're not a dev. You try and act like you have a background in being a dev, but you don't have even that. But you love to try and correct people that do have experience in the field. How can that be so hard to grasp?

If you post in a thread about a game that you don't play or follow much besides such thread you shouldn't be surprised that posters that have been following the game and actually playing it for longer than you to be more knowledgeable about what's going on.
    The difference is you are trying to correct people on technical aspects you don't understand but assume you do because you 'played the game a lot.'. You wouldn't see me trying to go into an in depth explanation on how server phasing works on WoW despite be having thousands of hours in it.

Guess we will have to wait and see and agree to disagree for the time being.
    Wake me up in 6+ years when the game releases then. I'll not be expecting to hear anything though.

I've been there with the team since inception, following all the practices, training drills, tactic developments sessions, gym, cardio, sauna, from pre-season to now while mingling with the players for 9 years.
    I never said I was a Member of the Team now did I? I said I've been there following their work from the kickstarter, I've interchanged with Devs in forums and IRL events.
    Sure is hard to argue that.

It's clear that you don't have much experience with crowdfunded studios/games but almost all of them share parts of the development process/thoughts with their community along the years. That is a way to keep them engaged with the project by explaining the direction of the game, challenges encountered etc. One can learn a lot just from that.
    You're right I could have learned a lot. Things like, how to keep the can kicked down the road for 9 years to keep drawing paychecks, how to lie to your community and get away with it, how to feature creep the shit out of a game, how to delay the game in creative ways and more! Sign me the fuck up!
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-06-26 at 06:21 PM.

Even so, I don't think this game has a large overlap with the traditional MMO community. If anything, it would appeal more to the survival sandbox crowd, no? I can't see games like WoW or FF giving two shits about SC.

This isn't actually a response to what he said.

Aren't you the one who's spent the last few pages bagging on people for being armchair devs who don't understand game development? What's to stop everyone in the thread repeatedly telling you that you're not a dev, so you don't know what you're talking about? Don't throw rocks at black pots in glass houses.
    Last edited by Henako; 2021-06-26 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Even so, I don't think this game has a large overlap with the traditional MMO community. If anything, it would appeal more to the survival sandbox crowd, no? I can't see games like WoW or FF giving two shits about SC.
    That is pretty much my point, this game isn't even really a blip on the MMO genre. Even if the game ever releases with the promised things it is supposed to have it still wouldn't be a player in the MMO genre in my eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't actually a response to what he said.
    Of course it isn't. This is coming from someone who is totally okay with people having to wait years for ships they paid for and has no problem with SC churning out new ships and selling those instead of working on ones not in the game yet that were purchased long ago. They are chasing new money and stopped caring about money they already got a long time ago.

Aren't you the one who's spent the last few pages bagging on people for being armchair devs who don't understand game development? What's to stop everyone in the thread repeatedly telling you that you're not a dev, so you don't know what you're talking about? Don't throw rocks at black pots in glass houses.
    Yes that would be the one doing it.

I have probably 4-5 times as many hours on WoW as he does SC, doesn't make me a WoW dev, not even fucking close.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-06-26 at 06:28 PM.

Has overlap with players who liked Star Wars Galaxies, but yeah for the most part the MMO subreddit and other MMO communities don't really talk about SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Has overlap with players who liked Star Wars Galaxies, but yeah for the most part the MMO subreddit and other MMO communities don't really talk about SC.
    It might be a little different if all of the features were in SC and it was close to release, maybe there would be something to talk about as far as MMOs go but not this game as it is now, not even fucking close to being a MMO.