Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It was so out of wack and yet Val was able to tell him what was wrong and right with his post. Ok lol.

Intresting how you claim the guy was emotional and insulting and then proceed to insult lol.

You have said before your goal was to keep this thread on the front page. Ah yes its emotional to point out that you use a ton of less than 100 sub accounts for your promotional videos. Why is it you don't link to channels that offer negative criticism as well? Why is it when I asked you to say something negative about the game you couldn't even say one thing negative? You could have easily said some shit like you don't like some of the bugs or you would have preferred a different paint job or some shit and yet you couldn't when I asked you. It's strange that you talk about emotion and yet freak out when anyone says anything negative about the game.

I never said I wanted the thread to die. Nor did I say I want Star Citizen shutdown. I said that clearly you are invested in trying to get new spenders since you refuse to let it naturally drop like all other game threads here. I just like pointing out bullshit.

Val imo has done more positive for Star Citizen than you and Ken combined cause you guys make it seem like a cult of fools who invested so much you need to trick others into spending money on the game. While he posts positive and negative things about it to let people judge for themselves.
    If you read the post you'd see it was directed at me with the same desperate silly claims, similar to yours. Seems to be a common thing amongst those who don't know much about Star Citizen or it's development, like if they feel uncomfortable because a poster knows so much more about this game while they're so out of the loop.
    And you keep harping about how many subs a youtuber has like any of it matters. I post videos as visual examples of many of the topics discussed, that's it. Such an weird hill to die on.

Again, I really think you're giving this thread and my posting too much credit. Independently of anyone, this thread will always have activity since being in open development there's always new stuff coming out. If you want to see the thread die for six months I'd suggest you take your own advice and ignore it. Stop posting for six months. That way the thread will die, for you. And then whenever you feel comfortable you can always come back to check how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    If you read the post you'd see it was directed at me with the same desperate silly claims, similar to yours. Seems to be a common thing amongst those who don't know much about Star Citizen or it's development, like if they feel uncomfortable because a poster knows so much more about this game while they're so out of the loop.
    And you keep harping about how many subs a youtuber has like any of it matters. I post videos as visual examples of many of the topics discussed, that's it. Such an weird hill to die on.

Again, I really think you're giving this thread and my posting too much credit. Independently of anyone, this thread will always have activity since being in open development there's always new stuff coming out. If you want to see the thread die for six months I'd suggest you take your own advice and ignore it. Stop posting for six months. That way the thread will die, for you. And then whenever you feel comfortable you can always come back to check how things go.
    Keep being dishonest. And what silly claims? Why is it you couldn't show me any posts where I have been wrong?

Topics discussed? You literally just post random shit without anyone prompting unless someone posts something negative and truthful about the game then you try and cherry pick a "pretty" video to distract people which then someone else shows a more accurate version that shows all the bugs and jank. Show me one thread on MMO champion that has obsessive people posting that insult anyone who says anything negative about the game other than here with you and Ken. Also lets check twitch numbers for a second since you like to claim it as some glorious metric that means star citizen is popular. ATM Star Citizen has 1.8K Viewers 521K Followers while Genshin Impact has 35.4K Viewers 3.4M Followers and yet you prop this thread up to be more active than the Genshin Impact thread when they actually have weekly content for people to talk about as well as leaks and new content. There are also like 10 times the number of active participants in that thread too and yet none of them do the bullshit you do.

Like I said before Idc if the thread or game dies, what I do care about is people being dishonest of their intentions. And if you actually believed the thread and your dishonest postings had no effect then why would you continually post in the thread when you got 40 people calling you out and 2 defending you? If everyone except those 2 defenders don't know shit about the game like you say then who are you posting for? Clearly those 2 people already know the stuff you are posting about then.

you keep harping about how many subs a youtuber has like any of it matters.
    Weren't you the one who kept bringing up twitch viewership numbers?

Again, I really think you're giving this thread and my posting too much credit. Independently of anyone, this thread will always have activity since being in open development there's always new stuff coming out.
    Hardly anything came out last year that prompted actual discussion of the game. There was the new cloud city of Orison, the Citizencon demo of Pyro, the new medical gameplay, and... that's it. And Proskill joined SC and I gave him some tips. Otherwise, the rest of the posts in this thread in 2021 was the usual semantics and doublethink over whether or not the game was a scam/broken promises/missed schedules/actually released/breaking records/whatever.

And you keep harping about how many subs a youtuber has like any of it matters.
    Yet you keep posting twitch numbers as if any of it matters. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha while im being mentioned... i didnt manage to fight off the urge to reinstall the game. i did it today after a couple of weeks of feeling the need to do so.

what is essential now to survive in 3.16? lots of medpens? i plan on doing mainly bounty hunting for the income
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    haha while im being mentioned... i didnt manage to fight off the urge to reinstall the game. i did it today after a couple of weeks of feeling the need to do so.

what is essential now to survive in 3.16? lots of medpens? i plan on doing mainly bounty hunting for the income
    Now that you lose your inventory on death, and due to how absurdly easy it is to die through no fault of your own (ie, bandits in a bunker shooting your through a wall, or you shooting a bandit 50 times but they're still standing and you shoot you twice and you die, or physics wonkiness decides to kill you, etc), it is recommended that you don't buy any armor or weapons. Too expensive when the likelihood of losing it is too great. You should instead go do a bunker mission naked and loot what you can and roll with that. You can also find fruit in the bunker missions, so that saves you the trouble of having to go shopping at a city to find food so you don't starve. I think the only thing you need to buy from a city or space station is water.

- - - Updated - - -

lots of medpens?
    Healing has changed. TLDR is you just keep buying red medpens aka Hemozal. There are other drugs right now, but the TTK in ground combat is so short that it isn't really going to matter unless you're playing with other people, in which case it might be practical for someone to act as a medic. If you're by yourself, don't bother with micromanaging your blood toxicity and the other drugs and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Now that you lose your inventory on death, and due to how absurdly easy it is to die through no fault of your own (ie, bandits in a bunker shooting your through a wall, or you shooting a bandit 50 times but they're still standing and you shoot you twice and you die, or physics wonkiness decides to kill you, etc), it is recommended that you don't buy any armor or weapons. Too expensive when the likelihood of losing it is too great. You should instead go do a bunker mission naked and loot what you can and roll with that. You can also find fruit in the bunker missions, so that saves you the trouble of having to go shopping at a city to find food so you don't starve. I think the only thing you need to buy from a city or space station is water.

- - - Updated - - -

Healing has changed. TLDR is you just keep buying red medpens aka Hemozal. There are other drugs right now, but the TTK in ground combat is so short that it isn't really going to matter unless you're playing with other people, in which case it might be practical for someone to act as a medic. If you're by yourself, don't bother with micromanaging your blood toxicity and the other drugs and stuff.
    seems more like DayZ now. neat.

what about ship loadouts? anything changed? im looking for avenger titan pve build to begin with. is there a place where i can find some? i know theres erkul, but i dont think there is a collection of builds i can choose from. only assemble one myself or get a link with one

what about ship loadouts? anything changed? im looking for avenger titan pve build to begin with. is there a place where i can find some? i know theres erkul, but i dont think there is a collection of builds i can choose from. only assemble one myself or get a link with one
    Sorry, I don't know of any site like WoWhead that collates meta builds.

Keep being dishonest. And what silly claims? Why is it you couldn't show me any posts where I have been wrong?

Topics discussed? You literally just post random shit without anyone prompting unless someone posts something negative and truthful about the game then you try and cherry pick a "pretty" video to distract people which then someone else shows a more accurate version that shows all the bugs and jank. Show me one thread on MMO champion that has obsessive people posting that insult anyone who says anything negative about the game other than here with you and Ken. Also lets check twitch numbers for a second since you like to claim it as some glorious metric that means star citizen is popular. ATM Star Citizen has 1.8K Viewers 521K Followers while Genshin Impact has 35.4K Viewers 3.4M Followers and yet you prop this thread up to be more active than the Genshin Impact thread when they actually have weekly content for people to talk about as well as leaks and new content. There are also like 10 times the number of active participants in that thread too and yet none of them do the bullshit you do.

Like I said before Idc if the thread or game dies, what I do care about is people being dishonest of their intentions. And if you actually believed the thread and your dishonest postings had no effect then why would you continually post in the thread when you got 40 people calling you out and 2 defending you? If everyone except those 2 defenders don't know shit about the game like you say then who are you posting for? Clearly those 2 people already know the stuff you are posting about then.
    Again, you're letting emotions blind you as my posts are both informative and contextual to the many discussions in the thread.

This is a thread about Star Citizen, not my posting and it's not fault of mine that the thread seems to attract so many posters that just barge in and start attacking the game and the players that enjoy it because of whatever reason. If you don't like posters correcting misinformation or giving news about a game and much prefer that the thread would be just another cess pit of drama and negativity then it is you who have a problem.

Does the Genshin Impact thread also has posters who obsessively hate the game and it's predatory gambling mechanics so much that they feel the need to post negatively about the game for years on end?

I mean, while I despise any kind of mobile/gacha games and think it's art style ridiculous I would never feel the need to go to the Genshin Thread and tell it's players they are all idiots for playing it or try to silence those who enjoy discussing about whatever new item they come up with to sell more loot boxes to kids.

Now imagine acting like that, for years.

With that said, I hope you have as much fun playing Genshin as I do playing Star Citizen.

Weren't you the one who kept bringing up twitch viewership numbers?
    Indeed I am, but what does that got to do with how many subs youtubers have?
    Hardly anything came out last year that prompted actual discussion of the game. There was the new cloud city of Orison, the Citizencon demo of Pyro, the new medical gameplay, and... that's it. And Proskill joined SC and I gave him some tips. Otherwise, the rest of the posts in this thread in 2021 was the usual semantics and doublethink over whether or not the game was a scam/broken promises/missed schedules/actually released/breaking records/whatever.
    Yeap, another roller-coaster of fluff with a sprinkle of game discussion. All in all, I'd say it's getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I don't know of any site like WoWhead that collates meta builds.
    alright, so its not just me. thanks for help, bro

seems more like DayZ now. neat.

Subliminal has a page with loadouts : https://subliminal.gg/loadouts/

Seems to be more or less up to date, But to keep it simple:

Ballistic weapons were buffed for damage but reduced in ammo so I'm now going full energy weapons so that I don't have to keep going back to the station to rearm.
    I go with full fixed setup with Size 3 CF-Panthers for the wings and Size 4 CF-Rhino for the nose.

Just like this guy:

He talks about the loadout @ minute 4.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-01-25 at 08:07 PM.

Does the Genshin Impact thread also has posters who obsessively hate the game and it's predatory gambling mechanics so much that they feel the need to post negatively about the game for years on end?
    The point is none of the threads on MMOc have 100% blind defenders of a topic, even the most ardent white knight diehards for wow on these forums can acknowledge faults with the game that have happened or are happening.

Predatory gambling mechanics = multiple thousands of dollars ships

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed I am, but what does that got to do with how many subs youtubers have?
    Woosh? I mean come on, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TIL the entirety of No Man's Sky is a "hand made" game since they created all the baseline assets and textures by hand. Weird that the developers, Hello Games, continue to describe their game and market it as a game that's procedurally generated.

Have you reached out to Sean Murphy to tell him that he's been wrong about his game for like, a decade?

I mean, I wrote an email skeleton earlier today and then made a bunch of copies of it so I could replace folks names. Were each one of those emails "hand crafted" because I wrote the initial text before copying it? Does me replacing their name at the top make them "hand crafted" despite the fact that I haven't touched any of the other text within?
    In star citizen the devs do work in every single location, they place the assets and blend it all in, its not just automatically placed, the terrain is not automatically generated either the devs sculpt it using the tools provided, nothing in SC is completely procedural generated currently, it requires devs to do much of the work, the tools just make it so its much faster.

NMS is hands off and automatically generated, the same as minecraft, 2 completely different things
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    nothing in SC is completely procedural generated currently it requires devs to do much of the work, the tools just make it so its much faster.
    The bolded word is doing a lot of heavy lifting for this statement. Which is, finally, accurate. It's not completely procedurally generated, but they lean on procedural generation tools to effectively use their time by not needing to make all these planets by hand. Which is how you framed it before, they're not "hand made", they're "Procedurally generated and touched up by hand".

the tools just make it so its much faster.
    So not hand crafted. Got it. Keep trying to twist reality to suit your world view, it won't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The bolded word is doing a lot of heavy lifting for this statement. Which is, finally, accurate. It's not completely procedurally generated, but they lean on procedural generation tools to effectively use their time by not needing to make all these planets by hand. Which is how you framed it before, they're not "hand made", they're "Procedurally generated and touched up by hand".
    The planets are still handmade, they use tools to do large areas but its still done by hand, all the assets are built and placed by hand, nothing is just automatically done without any devs doing work on it, if they just pressed a button and didnt do anything afterwards then its not handmade, but they do lots of work afterwards to design the world and locations, thats as handmade as you can get in a video game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The planets are still handmade
    And we're back to square one again. You were so close to getting it, dude.

The planets are still handmade, they use tools to do large areas
    Then they ARE NOT HANDMADE! Yay!

Again, you're letting emotions blind you as my posts are both informative and contextual to the many discussions in the thread.

This is a thread about Star Citizen, not my posting and it's not fault of mine that the thread seems to attract so many posters that just barge in and start attacking the game and the players that enjoy it because of whatever reason. If you don't like posters correcting misinformation or giving news about a game and much prefer that the thread would be just another cess pit of drama and negativity then it is you who have a problem.

I mean, while I despise any kind of mobile/gacha games and think it's art style ridiculous I would never feel the need to go to the Genshin Thread and tell it's players they are all idiots for playing it or try to silence those who enjoy discussing about whatever new item they come up with to sell more loot boxes to kids.

Now imagine acting like that, for years.

With that said, I hope you have as much fun playing Genshin as I do playing Star Citizen.
    Maybe you should take a look at yourself lol. Your post wasn't informative it was dismissive.

As far as I know only one person has consistently came into the thread to bash it and far as I am aware they seem to be banned as I haven't seen them the last few pages. And people correcting you and kens misinformation doesn't mean they are haters. Hell look how many posts people have been explaining handcrafted to him.

Literally the only correcting you ever do is if Val forgets a decimal point and rounds down or some shit just so you can dismiss all of the rest of his posts when he's the only one that actually gives out any information other than the promotional videos you do or the occasional answer to proskill if Val hasn't already answered him.

No the Genshin Impact thread doesn't because they don't have people constantly lying out thier asses. They do however get in the occasional heated debate with one another. Funny how you try to shit on Genshins monetization (which I don't like btw) while promoting a game that sells thousand dollar ships they never work on while selling new ships.

Nobody is telling people they are idiots for playing the game. There are people calling out liars who have invested so heavily into the game they can't go a single page without lying or attacking someone that has an negative opinion about something however.

I don't currently play Genshin I used it as an example of a game a thousand times more popular not having fanatics trying to trick people into playing and saying "everything's fine those other guys who say you occasionally blow up for no reason and t-posing npcs are common are lying even though they have videos to back it up". Literally no other thread has someone straight up trying to lie about the definition of something and having 5 other people including a mod explain to them and show them evidence that they are wrong for 16 pages. The only comparable thing I can think of is the Tinkerman who is so obsessed it takes banning to calm him down.

Does the Genshin Impact thread also has posters who obsessively hate the game and it's predatory gambling mechanics
    Funny how you try to shit on Genshins monetization (which I don't like btw) while promoting a game that sells thousand dollar ships they never work on while selling new ships.
    The irony of him attacking Genshin's gacha model (which I hate too) is funny when he then tries to not mention the insane cost of ships in a game that in many cases aren't even IN the game yet or are bugged beyond belief or the things the ships are FOR aren't in the game yet.