Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    To be clear I don't own an Idris and I haven't spent a cent on the game in years. But you just mad because you poor. It was never a game for poors, you need an expensive gaming PC and likely an expensive HOTAS setup to be competitive without even talking about buying ships. And the ability to buy ships in game has been a thing for years. This argument boring now.
    Apologies for interrupting that exchange but had to interject here I can tell you have been away for quite a while because the "buy an Idris" reference has become quite a meme during your absence. It is commonly used not to highlight a certain economical disadvantage or advantage, as the case may be; but rather to laugh at the significant emotional investment and naïveté of some backers.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-02-06 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Apologies for interrupting that exchange but had to interject here I can tell you have been away for quite a while because the "buy an Idris" reference has become quite a meme during your absence. It is commonly used not to highlight a certain economical disadvantage or advantage, as the case may be; but rather to laugh at the significant emotional investment and naïveté of some backers.
    Dude, this is the sort of person that translates joking about something as hating it, I don't think explaining it to him will make that much of a difference, no matter how slowly you do it. Just sit back and enjoy while they peacefully fly way above his head while he rants about how poor and stupid everyone else is : )
    Ahahahaha!

To be clear I don't own an Idris and I haven't spent a cent on the game in years. But you just mad because you poor. It was never a game for poors, you need an expensive gaming PC and likely an expensive HOTAS setup to be competitive without even talking about buying ships. And the ability to buy ships in game has been a thing for years. This argument boring now.
    It is for poors, even Elite Dangerous requires a VR headset on top of HOTAS setup LMAOOOOO. Meanwhile this doesn't even support VR.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Because you are one???? Duh!

But it's not broken computer, it's a construction site, but we are allowed to play in the pool while the building is happening. You can buy an apartment before it exists but you are stupid for complaining that there's no electricity when the electrician hasn't finished his job.

But talking about AI...

@ 10:38

Poor AI has been stuck inside a space station trying to evolve and going batshit crazy, squirming and screaming in agony for years.
    Funny, but what's that have to do with AI in the PU? You're wasting your energy going on about a lot of these bugs and glitches when 90% of them are just symptoms of the same problem. Sure, it sucks having to wait for server meshing, especially when it's likely to be a few more years before we have full dynamic server meshing and Chris Roberts is always grossly over optimistic about the release schedule. We know that. But you and your ilk claimed we would never get planet tech, bind culling, object container streaming, server side object container streaming, in game ship purchasing, atmospheric flight, full persistence, dx12 renderer.. etc.. etc.. the list goes on and on but it all eventually came and server meshing will as well.[/QUOTE]

If this game is not for “poors”, and you have the money for this; why can’t you afford a tutor for grammar and punctuation lessons?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Funny, but what's that have to do with AI in the PU? You're wasting your energy going on about a lot of these bugs and glitches when 90% of them are just symptoms of the same problem. Sure, it sucks having to wait for server meshing, especially when it's likely to be a few more years before we have full dynamic server meshing and Chris Roberts is always grossly over optimistic about the release schedule. We know that. But you and your ilk claimed we would never get planet tech, bind culling, object container streaming, server side object container streaming, in game ship purchasing, atmospheric flight, full persistence, dx12 renderer.. etc.. etc.. the list goes on and on but it all eventually came and server meshing will as well.

If this game is not for “poors”, and you have the money for this; why can’t you afford a tutor for grammar and punctuation lessons?
    Grammer and punctuation means very little, its just a lame excuse for an insult and its against the rules to grammer police, this thread mostly revolves around posters insulting the project or whoever actually likes it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Grammer and punctuation means very little, its just a lame excuse for an insult and its against the rules to grammer police, this thread mostly revolves around posters insulting the project or whoever actually likes it.
    And for people who like the project to insult anyone with legitimate concerns and criticisms.

Grammar! I could actually turn what you mentioned back at you by saying your posts only revolve around trolling which you have admitted and is against the forum rules and insulting people and breaking another 8-9 other forum rules.

Only reason you haven't been banned is the forum needs cartoons like you,Teriz,Varx and others to drive traffic and gather a few people only visiting to laugh at majority said members opinions.

When was the last time you didn't argue on a thread? Oh I know you practically don't dare anymore to post on a few threads to avoid people actually moderating and infracting/30 day banning you...
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2023-02-06 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Grammar! I could actually turn what you mentioned back at you by saying your posts only revolve around trolling which you have admitted and is against the forum rules and insulting people and breaking another 8-9 other forum rules.

Only reason you haven't been banned is the forum needs cartoons like you,Teriz,Varx and others to drive traffic and gather a few people only visiting to laugh at majority said members opinions.

When was the last time you didn't argue on a thread? Oh I know you practically don't dare anymore to post on a few threads to avoid people actually moderating and infecting/30 day banning you...
    This forum is designed to waste time, thats the whole point isnt it, you seem to lack an understanding of what trolling actually is, I rarely break forum rules unlike most of the posters in this thread. I post anywhere i want to i dont care, if a mod wants to infract you it doesnt even have to be against the rules, at the end of the day this forum is just designed to waste some time now and then.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

this thread mostly revolves around posters insulting the project or whoever actually likes it.
    Lol sure, only revolves around that. Yup, not the blind defenders of the game that call people 'haters' and make up lie after lie as they contradict themselves over the years.

the rules to grammer police
    If this guy is a troll, ima tell you now, his the best fucking troll I've ever seen.

God damnit Kenn I love you buddy.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    If this guy is a troll, ima tell you now, his the best fucking troll I've ever seen.

God damnit Kenn I love you buddy.
    I mean it was a huge bait and obviously was done to keep conversation going so ye....

Just had to but considering he is a cult fanatic you would never know if it was intentional or just kenn being kenn.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    I mean it was a huge bait and obviously was done to keep conversation going so ye....

Just had to but considering he is a cult fanatic you would never know if it was intentional or just kenn being kenn.
    And you, mr grammer polis, fell for it. shame_shame_shame.gif
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

On a whim, I booted up Star Citizen. I wanted to go check out the river on Microtech.

Spoiler: 

Click on thumbnails for fullsized 4k screenshots

I awake in the floating shipyard city of Orison.

While walking out of my hab, I pass by an advertisement.

I want one.

Finding the giftshop turns out to be a little more difficult than I had imagined, given that the playable cityspace is spread out across 5 platforms. Eventually I do find it.

Finley is mine.

I place him on the dashboard. To Microtech!

While I am trying to search for the river from orbit, someone (NPC? Player? IDK) launched a missile at me.

I mash G hoping to send out a chaffe to divert the missile. No chaffe is launched. Boom.

I respawn in Orison, where I began an hour ago. And now I have no Finley.

I go back to the gift shop and reunite with Finley again. I also buy his sister, Francis. I wait 7 minutes for my ship to respawn. We depart Orison and fly out of atmosphere, then quantum drive to HUR L4.

My ship, the Origin 325a, does not have enough quantum fuel capacity to travel across the star system from Orison to Microtech in one jump, so I have to stop at the space station HUR L4 along the way to refuel. During transit to HUR-L4, I place Finley on my dashboard once again, but he bugs out and disappears.

I place his sister, Francis Francis on the dashboard.

You won't leave me, will you?

Fortunately, she did not bug out.

We arrive at Microtech. We find the river. It's early morning. Francis and I watch the sunrise together.

It's beautiful.

We dip into the river. (Surprisingly touching water no longer insta-kills you now!)

We shall avenge your brother.

We catch up to the cutlass, still loitering at high altitude over the river.

Give me luck, Francis!

I dive on top of him guns blazing. However, since there has been a wipe, I am not equipped with my preferred loadout. Since the default loadout for the 325a uses ballistic gatling guns, which are terrible against shields, I run out of ammo just as I deplete his shields, barely scratching his hull. I press middle-mouse button, trying to launch my own missiles at him, but it doesn't work (another rebind?).

With my shields depleting, I break off to flee knowing that my lighter ship can eventually outrun the Cutlass, but I was too late.

It is rather frustrating when you come back to a game, and all of your prior knowledge and experience is useless because they reworked flight mechanics and remapped the keybinds for the Nth time, on top of losing your progress due to wipes.

Also, flesh and blood Stormwal whales haven't been added to Orison yet.

When will you add them CIG?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also, flesh and blood Stormwal whales haven't been added to Orison yet.
    To be fair, space whales it's one of those things that this game doesn't lack already...

But I got to agree, navigating in Orison is a nightmare, my first few hours of gameplay were trying to escape that fucking place =/
    Ahahahaha!

So is this game out yet or what? I bought a ship like 20 years ago and am looking forward to an mmo in space. Should I add my ship to my will and pass it on to my child, or is that too cruel of a joke?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    On a whim, I booted up Star Citizen. I wanted to go check out the river on Microtech.
    ~snip~
    I only snip because didn't need all that to ask the real question here -

Did you have to repay to get Finley Back after he exploded with your ship?! Will you have to pay again to get him back since he's hiding in your dashboard!!?

Nooooo... Finley!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    So is this game out yet or what? I bought a ship like 20 years ago and am looking forward to an mmo in space. Should I add my ship to my will and pass it on to my child, or is that too cruel of a joke?
    Would be a cruel joke to your son as he won't get to play it either on his lifetime.

But hey as per roadmap of this game they will really try to ship something in 3.18 just in time for legatus week so they can sell more jpegs.

Please please believe them! They are fixing the bartender and ai will throw grenades!!!

Next level stuff to compete with Bard and ChatGPT for AI. Highly advanced things. /s

Oh and repainting something that was created 5 years ago. That's the capability of a few studios and over 500 employees....Oh and 550.000.000 so peanuts budget..

10+ Year Old Account
    is the new patch out yet? i have been out of the loop for over a month
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Only if you hate your child.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is the new patch out yet? i have been out of the loop for over a month
    "3.18 went into PTU today. So probably 2-3 weeks before live" - 14/02/23
    Ahahahaha!