Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen has more core gameplay systems than multiple games combined
    When CIG crashes and burns and Sandy has to fire you, I think you might have a promising future in comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoMaster69420 View Post
    When CIG crashes and burns and Sandy has to fire you, I think you might have a promising future in comedy.
    Keep on dreaming, anyone who actually wants a game to fail is completely toxic to any community and has no personal integrity of any kind, you should want any game to succeed because it them make developers want to push other games and genres and help create even better games.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

To be fair, imagine if your job required having to defend this trash fire of a scam on the Internet. Every time they fuck up something new, this guy has to log in here and come up with something to distract people. We may dislike the project, but he must hate it at this point.

Lol in theory perhaps. How many of them actually work? 0?

- - - Updated - - -

BG3 isnt really anything special, its a game that has already been done before many many times, good for a short while and then left to never be played by most players again, while SC has been getting played since alpha released and will be played decades longer.
    Man the fanboyism you have is something special. You think people are going to play SC for 'decades'? It might be in dev that whole time at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Won't be the last time you've been wrong and you've been banned once or twice because how of combative you've been in the Diablo forums when people called you out over there.
    And in the wow side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    To be fair, imagine if your job required having to defend this trash fire of a scam on the Internet. Every time they fuck up something new, this guy has to log in here and come up with something to distract people. We may dislike the project, but he must hate it at this point.
    Imagine the community and players being so toxic they have to insult devs and companies because they are not satisfied with thier own lives, im happy to wait as long as it takes for any game to be developed, im not in any rush, im just here to laugh at the ppl who constantly whine about the same things over and over, complaining about pointless things is a complete waste of time.

Imagine the community and players being so toxic they have to insult devs and companies because they are not satisfied with thier own lives,
    Like you and Anderson towards No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, and other space sims?

If by more systems than multiple games combined we are referring to actual working and in good order systems I may concede that SC may have a couple more than Pong and Space Invaders. Otherwise no, far from it.

...SC has been getting played since alpha released and will be played decades longer.
    Decades no less! Oh boy, you just dont need anyone else to set you up for failure, do you?

Imagine the community and players being so toxic they have to insult devs and companies because they are not satisfied with thier own lives, im happy to wait as long as it takes for any game to be developed, im not in any rush, im just here to laugh at the ppl who constantly whine about the same things over and over, complaining about pointless things is a complete waste of time.
    You attempts to be condescending are pretty bad, its like the guy who works a Taco Bell for 12 years but cant even manage to mop the floor correctly anymore. You go through the motions, fill the mop bucket, pour in the soap mixture, get the mop ready, but end up simply running the wet mop over the floor while browsing Reddit with your phone in your right hand. You sound tired of all this shit son. So when CIG does collapse, its inevitable, I hope you come back here and post your "tell all" story of the nightmares you experienced working there, because I think the people here deserve to hear it.

You attempts to be condescending are pretty bad, its like the guy who works a Taco Bell for 12 years but cant even manage to mop the floor correctly anymore. You go through the motions, fill the mop bucket, pour in the soap mixture, get the mop ready, but end up simply running the wet mop over the floor while browsing Reddit with your phone in your right hand. You sound tired of all this shit son. So when CIG does collapse, its inevitable, I hope you come back here and post your "tell all" story of the nightmares you experienced working there, because I think the people here deserve to hear it.
    Your attempts at insulting other posters and the game is just amusement for me, your behaviour is just classic toxic down to a tea, anyone who constantly insults other posters and a project is wasting thier life, if i dont like a game or a company i will simply not play that game, im not on here looking for every chance to insult whatever just because they are not happy.

At least bring something even remotely constructive to the table, but alas i expect the level on this thread to be on playground insult level, feel free to continue to waste your time on hating a game that has already proven you wrong.

remotely constructive to the table
    This fucking dude posts consist on completely ignoring what people actually say to accuse them of being ignorant and just talking "BS", and here he is preaching about being "constructive", its like he sold all his self-awareness to buy a fucking Idris. Good thing this thread moderation is on par with CiG game development capabilities
    Ahahahaha!

Star Citizen has more core gameplay systems than multiple games combined, its also developing 2 seperate games and keeping an active alpha operational, star citizen is dream game of most space gamers having most functionality you actually want in a space game.
    How many "core" game play systems your game has is irrelivant when 30% of them are unfinished, 30% of them are placeholders that could be re-worked at any time, and the remaining 40% aren't even in the game yet. How about keeping it to what the game ACTUALLY has (which is currently less than most of it's direct competitors, even games that pre-date it by decades), instead of pretending that future promises and un-realized hype are actual, tangible elements of the product.

Also, it's great that they are developing 2 games at once. Maybe they should have checked to see if they could actually handle doing so without stretching themselves far too thin and degrading the quality and capability of effectively working on both.

Somehow, i highly doubt that "most" space gamers give two vacuum packed shits about Star Citizen, other than maybe keeping a wary side eye on it and checking in every couple of years to see if it has finally unfucked itself to a point where it might be worthy of some interest.

I wouldn't call it crash and burning, but last few day have been pretty amusing.

These are the most upvoted posts from this week in Star Citizen sub:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...unsubscribing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...out_on_my_own/

... and this is also happening in CiG Forum:

Although spectrum moderation is.... well... special, very special:

Note: Rumor is that J3PT is Nightrider alt account, whenever people disagree or call him on his fanatical behavior, Nightrider swoops in shortly after banning and deleting shit left to right, yet J3PT always manages to go inpune despite his hostility.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2023-08-17 at 02:26 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

I can't believe this "game" is still a thing and clowns like kenn are still defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I can't believe this "game" is still a thing and clowns like kenn are still defending it.
    What's even more insulting is he is comparing it to real games like BG3, that despite the bugs that exist is a fully functional game with all features implemented, different endings, different story progression depending on decisions taken in game and NO MICROTRANSACTIONS of any kind like pictures.

No SC is not even a tech demo anymore. On a class of coding I recently gave a lecture in, students of game dev were actually laughing at the situation of SC wondering if in the future will be a reference of what not to do in game dev.

I will guarantee you, while the ideas were awesome and the game could have been great with less features, the paint has been drawn and it will always be referenced as the game that was nothing more than a tech demo which was broken.

At this point, I would rather not have it release, not because of its current practices, but rather we will see a lot of people/fanatics harm themselves once they come into reality considering some spent a ton of money considering the state of the game at that point.

Money dries out eventually and so does patience and understanding. They will for sure force something out when the time comes and promise again we will fix blablabla, but at that point everyone will be back on earth and on reality.

Why do you think they didn't even enter Steam for distribution? Hell would have been a close match between Overwatch 2 and SC on which game will get lowest score .

- - - Updated - - -

For reference, been following this as well that shows current realistic status and you see that 13% of the game really has been implemented(with bugs) and the rest is either forgotten or somewhere over the rainbow...

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    At this point, I would rather not have it release, not because of its current practices, but rather we will see a lot of people/fanatics harm themselves once they come into reality considering some spent a ton of money considering the state of the game at that point.
    Agree with the sentiment. Although SC has been already released (in early access) for a while. It is not a fully crowdfunded project anymore. And as such CIG has no more obligations to complete or improve it. If they do, great, but following that release they can now do with our money as they well please. CIG has been managing SC as the released product that it is for several years now, although the community seems very intent in ignoring it and continue considering it wrongfully as crowdfund, and themselves as "backers".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Agree with the sentiment. Although SC has been already released (in early access) for a while. It is not a fully crowdfunded project anymore. And as such CIG has no more obligations to complete or improve it. If they do, great, but following that release they can now do with our money as they well please. CIG has been managing SC as the released product that it is for several years now, although the community seems very intent in ignoring it and continue considering it wrongfully as crowdfund, and themselves as "backers".
    You are describing a scam.
    As a backer I didn't receive the product. No, I didn't pay to have them "release" something. I paid for a promised product. I upheld my part of the deal, they didn't.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

What's even more insulting is he is comparing it to real games like BG3, that despite the bugs that exist is a fully functional game with all features implemented, different endings, different story progression depending on decisions taken in game and NO MICROTRANSACTIONS of any kind like pictures.

No SC is not even a tech demo anymore. On a class of coding I recently gave a lecture in, students of game dev were actually laughing at the situation of SC wondering if in the future will be a reference of what not to do in game dev.

I will guarantee you, while the ideas were awesome and the game could have been great with less features, the paint has been drawn and it will always be referenced as the game that was nothing more than a tech demo which was broken.

Money dries out eventually and so does patience and understanding. They will for sure force something out when the time comes and promise again we will fix blablabla, but at that point everyone will be back on earth and on reality.

Why do you think they didn't even enter Steam for distribution? Hell would have been a close match between Overwatch 2 and SC on which game will get lowest score .

- - - Updated - - -

For reference, been following this as well that shows current realistic status and you see that 13% of the game really has been implemented(with bugs) and the rest is either forgotten or somewhere over the rainbow...

So, I can accept a couple things about this whole fiasco

1) donating (at the start)
    2) buying ships (at the start)
    3) defending it (at the start)

But these people have to have their entire retirement and house on the line. There is absoluetly no way someone defends this vaporware dogshit game for what 12? 13? Years? I've seen a couple videos and the game looks terrible.

I have 0 sympathy to anyone that lost money on this and to anyone defending this game, hit me up in the dms, I have the bestest most spacey space ship game ever, even better than sc while ever be.

Buy in starts at $100k, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are describing a scam.
    As a backer I didn't receive the product. No, I didn't pay to have them "release" something. I paid for a promised product. I upheld my part of the deal, they didn't.
    Yeah, whether this is an actual scam or not, or if it is fraud or not, I guess is a much more serious discussion though. One for which probably a court would need to look at eventually.

What I think is quite clear at the very least is that the released product (in early access) that we have in our hands is extremely far from what CIG represented SC should be when they sold it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Larian would develop Star Citizen, we'd already have a game out for a year or two and it would have been at least 2 times better than whatever piece of shit current developer would manage.

... so that's around 1% a year, no bueno, a whale has a 40-80 life span.
    Ahahahaha!