I hope the 100i goes on sale when the Origin days come. It's been the one I've wanted to buy for my first ship. I'm also gonna get a new gpu soon so I can properly enjoy this game as well.

Anyway, has CIG ever said if they're going to add body customisation? Right now you can only customise the head and I'm hoping that this is because it's still in Alpha. I watched citizencon and the updates to the character creation looked amazing, but they're going to add body customisation, right? After all it is an MMO and it's supposed to be a sim as well.

Is most of the clothing gender neutral btw?

It is extremely funny to see the reaction of SC fans when their missplaced "graphic fidelity" alleged superiority is seriously challenged. And especially with Elite. All of a sudden they wake up and cant stop posting The bad news is that it is only going to get worst for SC as time goes by!

Even Elite is still looking much better than those bland SC pics. But not just Elite looks better, especially in spacey things, it is basically across the board. SC has not really had a graphical edge for a long while now:

Starfield or Elite and even frikking CoD Infinite Warfare
    , games from almost a decade ago, all look better than SC:

Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-11-18 at 12:55 AM.

Folks, let's knock off the embedded image spam. Embedded images can be fine, but please remember that many folks browse on mobile, too. You're welcome to embed a few images, but please keep embeds reasonable and link to other screenshots instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post

Even Elite is still looking much better than those generic SC pics.
    Ahah damn you're really saying that with a straight face.

Isn't that the so called "cultist mindset" you guys talk about so much?

Considering even the most passionate Elite fans and content creators are able to admit the superior graphical fidelity of Star Citizen over Elite without shame...

One doesn't even need to pass the character creation stage to notice the difference in fidelity in the avatars. Even if the gif format eats a lot of the details.

And that's not even comparing with the updates made to the character creator coming in the next patch.

Such a strange choice of a hill to die in but whatever

Wouldn't hurt you to just be able admit it though. Which would be no shame at all considering the type of engines, budget and so on.

But hey we get it, Elite is your thing and I guess watching Star Citizen being more popular and getting all the moneyz and updates rubs you in the wrong way.

Still... negating something so blatant takes away a bit of your credibility and kinda pushes it bit further than flat-earthers edge tbh.

PS- Btw that first Starfield picture is a concept art painting, guess you got blinded by the sun there . Looks cool though and makes for hella of a wallapaper.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-11-18 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Isn't that the so called "cultist mindset" you guys talk about so much?
    No idea. You tell me:

4 posts from you in just over a day solely white knighting SC graphics... If you want to call that a cult I wont object much I´d say! SC visuals were long ago pretty much the only straw SC fans could grasp onto, but even that one has been gone for a while now, I am afraid. And things can only get worst with time for SC as even games almost a decade old, or console games, quite often look better, and especially in spacey related things.

I actually play quite a few space games, Starfield, No Mans Sky, Elite, Space Engineers, played CoD IW too... and of course SC, veteran backer here. Of all these SC is by far the most disappointing, and visuals and graphics do not really help much given many of these other games have equally interesting visual quality, or better in many areas.

As for Obsidian Ant, well, he has plenty of videos praising visuals in many games, including among many others, Starfield or Elite Dangerous, for exemple, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-11-18 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I hope the 100i goes on sale when the Origin days come. It's been the one I've wanted to buy for my first ship. I'm also gonna get a new gpu soon so I can properly enjoy this game as well.

Anyway, has CIG ever said if they're going to add body customisation? Right now you can only customise the head and I'm hoping that this is because it's still in Alpha. I watched citizencon and the updates to the character creation looked amazing, but they're going to add body customisation, right? After all it is an MMO and it's supposed to be a sim as well.

Is most of the clothing gender neutral btw?
    It most likely will be sold like any other ship.

AFAIK there's no plans for changing the size of characters due to size restraints of ship cockpits. So no FAT or oversized characters cause I think they would run into problems having them fit inside ships without heavy clipping and all that. They've confirmed tattoos in the latest citizen con the the PYRO npc's already have them. If I remember correctly they've also mentioned some mechanic/bionic enhancements for limbs / eyes to be planned.

There's all kinds of clothing, from the traditional military stuff to high end fashion designer kind of stuff to rags and pirate scruffy stuff to star wars mando kind of stuff and goofy stuff like bear helmets and scary costumes.

There's ton of variety and everything goes with everything but there's hierarchy to dressing and using stuff.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-11-18 at 01:39 AM.

This is not the Elite: Dangerous thread, y'all, lease keep discussion to Star Citizen. Comparisons are inevitable, but protracted game vs. game discussions are not productive and generally aren't allowed. If you want to discuss Elite, please do so in its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    As for Obsidian Ant, well, he has plenty of videos praising visuals in many games, including among many others, Starfield or Elite Dangerous, for exemple, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Indeed he has, yet he has no problem in giving the crown to Star Citizen...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Indeed he has, yet he has no problem in giving the crown to Star Citizen...
    Looks to me in terms of planets he got a new girlfriend :

And yet, Obsidian Ant, much like anybody else, has been found to be wrong before. For example, Star Citizen planetary tech physics, and physics in general, are fundamentally broken to start with. I mean, how good is SC´s planetary tech if you are glitching through the terrain geometry and falling through the planet repeatedly, if your ship is blown away by the wind like paper, or if you die just by touching water etc.

But that is by the by, the discussion here was rather with regards to overall visuals, and SC is definitely far from having the crown as we have seen in the images above, games like Elite, Starfield or even CoD IW beat SC quite often in the visual department, each in its own strengths. Also, as mentioned, things will only get worst for SC as time goes by...
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-11-18 at 02:27 AM.

There's ton of variety and everything goes with everything but there's hierarchy to dressing and using stuff.
    Hierarchy? What do you mean? Are npc's and stuff going to treat you different based on how expensive your clothing is?

Well Starfield indeed has the variety and lush planets, the thing is they aren't actual planets but tiles stitched together which, together the massive amount of loading screens, technically and gameplay wise brings it down a notch compared to games that actual allow for seamless flying in said planets.

Your textures probably aren't loading fast enough if you keep falling through the ground and that's indicative of low end hardware/streaming issues (slow bandwith).

I've felled through the map in many "finished" and released games. GTA, Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk and most recently in Starfield after playing for a while. Although that could be most likely a memory leak issue. I've seen streamers playing where the city failed to load almost completely. I suspect we can find examples of people falling through the ground in most games with heavy loads, also can happen in Elite. Planets not loading or loading partially and so on.
    I'm not sure but I think I saw a video of a warrior dying in Hardcore by falling through the map after charging a mob or something. Also happening with a feared hunter here. RIP

As for water in Star Citizen, it's being actively worked and updated like everything planets, contrary to Elite where there's no oceans, lakes or rivers of any kind to get near:

You don't die by touching water though, currently your ship explodes if you try to go underwater though the plan is that some ships will have buoyancy if their design allows for it.

It's useless to argue about visual fidelity "battle" between Star Citizen and Elite considering the blatant disparity showcased, still you're entitled to your opinion.

I don't understand the statement that things can only get worst for SC compared with Elite, Starfield or CODIW considering Star Citizen is the only of those games that will keep getting it's graphical fidelity updated along the years

I mean I assume you watched the StarEngine demo and all the panels showing the updates coming to the engine, if you didn't you should.

https://youtu.be/xKWa4WoTkV4?si=vBzzBEIpKWWLoON-

From characters, to planets, ships, clouds, outposts, water, fire, buildings etc many things graphic wise are being upgraded and will continue to be so along the development of the game.

The future is bright and full of updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Hierarchy? What do you mean? Are npc's and stuff going to treat you different based on how expensive your clothing is?
    No, hierarchy in terms of having to dress stuff in a certain order. Example if you want to use an Armour you need to put an under suit first, if you want to wear a Heavy Backpack you need a heavy Armour torso to hold it, same for weapons and so on.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-11-18 at 03:30 AM.

AFAIK there's no plans for changing the size of characters due to size restraints of ship cockpits. So no FAT or oversized characters cause I think they would run into problems having them fit inside ships without heavy clipping and all that.
    Just wait, next time they do an announcement they'll introduce a new AI powered animation suite that allows for a greater range of character sizes but it involves experimental programming that no-one has attempted yet and every ship in the game needs its interiors reworking, but once they've done that they'll definitely move Squadron 42 to the polishing phase.

picture spam
    Love my phone overheating in this thread the past 2 pages, good lord use some links or something.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am amazed that someone can look at that SC water and say it's good. Because WoW Classic has better water. SC water looks like old crunched plastic bag.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I am amazed that someone can look at that SC water and say it's good. Because WoW Classic has better water. SC water looks like old crunched plastic bag.
    The guy who is in charge of rivers and their water had 4 years of experience in customer service, then joined CIG in 2020 as a junior programmer and then promoted to senior in less than 3 years... 600+ millions apparently are not enough to get more experienced programmers.

The poor results we have are therefore no surprise.

Expectation:

Reality:

Hilariously broken rivers in a recent patch

Extremely glitching rivers and dying touching the water for no good reason

Etc.

CIG is extremely good at bait and switch, or simply producing broken subpar stuff compared to promises. Been doing that for over a decade, and the videos shown at the CitCon are really no different.

Meanwhile, rivers in Starfield:

Starfield planets are made of tiles but the results are much more spectacular in visual quality than in Star Citizen.

We can then complain about loading screens in Starfield but the system just works and physics work, unlike in Star Citizen. In Star Citizen you can just glitch through geometry repeatedly, floor, walls whatever. Mass in vehicles really does not mean much, and you can just randomly die in all kinds of hilarious ways, touching water, crashing against invisible rocks or asteroids, going up a ramp, taking an elevator or a ladder etc. Just to name a few of the ways the engine can easily break.

All games, including GOTY, have their share of bugs. Even in Elden Ring I have seen a player fall through the floor once. The difference between Star Citizen and good games, and what sets Star Citizen appart by far, is the sheer volume, impact and how often these bugs occur in SC. The game is so broken that even CIG devs acknowledge that they will not prioritize critical bugs to be fixed as they know players will simply avoid that content or feature. CIG will then prioritize the next ship sale instead.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-11-18 at 01:50 PM.

Mining can be quite challenging task for novice players. Those having trouble It's highly suggested to check for ingame guidance from an experienced player in chat or check youtube for tutorials. Either way it will require a some patience and skill to pull off good credits per run consistently. My advice is to start out with hand mining in caves (minimal cost to start) or if possible team up with someone and go ROC mining as a duo to learn the ropes and more about the mining mechanics nuances.
    I like this bit, implying that I can't manage shooting a laser at a rock and landing my ship. It isn't hard. It's impossible when the game breaks every 25 minutes, which is what I described.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Reminder that this thread is to discuss the game in both positive and negative ways, and that acting out in a bad way in either direction will lead to moderation of your posts.
    There's a mod actively partaking in bad faith posting in this thread and has been out at it for years and over same topics repeatedly.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is not the Elite: Dangerous thread, y'all, lease keep discussion to Star Citizen. Comparisons are inevitable, but protracted game vs. game discussions are not productive and generally aren't allowed. If you want to discuss Elite, please do so in its own thread.
    Let me ask this again since you didn't seem to see it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    @Edge , how have you let this go on for this long? At this point how is this not obvious trolling? Why is this allowed, there have been multiple post proving Kenn wrong many times and yet here we are......

And let not play the stupid game of "well we don't really know if he is trolling or actually bele......" Thats absolute bullshit and you know it.

after you make this warning

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Folks, let's knock off the embedded image spam. Embedded images can be fine, but please remember that many folks browse on mobile, too. You're welcome to embed a few images, but please keep embeds reasonable and link to other screenshots instead.
    one of them went on and made 2 more image spam posts

It's been days. I get as a volunteer you might not be able to act every day but it's been DAYS for just this 1 offense. IF you can't respond to stuff in less than 2 days maybe you shouldn't be a mod?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Reminder that this thread is to discuss the game in both positive and negative ways, and that acting out in a bad way in either direction will lead to moderation of your posts.
    That is the problem. The "moderation" isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    one of them went on and made 2 more image spam posts
    I know I reported it because I LOVE my phone overheating with tons of pointless images being loaded at once with mmo champ's shitty advertisements on top of it. So great.

But I also reported when they posted twitch stats after being told to stop the game vs game twitch comparison crap, yet it happened again and jack shit was done about it.

Behold the wondrous physics of the best damned spaced sim ever:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeOil...SJlPp2GNDYLxEx

Never mind the low res 2D explosion textures...