Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    True, yet I believe it’s not entirely wrong to consider the way they intend to bring the different genres together, bundled up with (massive?) multiplayer, in this kind of magnitude that they are aiming at… sort of… revolutionary, specially considering if they indeed pull it off, it will be one of the, if not the most, biggest and most expensive crowdfunded project ever.
    Oh for sure I agree. If they pull this off then it will be an all time great game. But it's nowhere near as revolutionary or groundbreaking as the people defending it are making it out to be.

However considering how the project itself has been handled recently you will forgive my doubts?

On the other hand if it goes down the tube then it will be one of the most expensive failures in the history of video games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 02:52 AM.

One of the funniest videos to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it's really not. A game can look as good as it wants and have all the whistles and bells it wants and still turn out garbage. It's called feature bloat. A common downfall of quite a few games. As is going down the road of "great graphics make a great game".

That footage is not "incredible" or "groundbreaking" at all. It's mediocre at best and overhyped. This is not a revolutionary game because it has a few new features.

But I know... Star Citizen is/will be (when it releases in 2024) the greatest gift to mankind and will change the world right? Because I haven't read that countless times in this thread from a specific set of people who claim actual critique is "bitterness".

But since it's clear where your opinion lies and you are fully entitled to said opinion however I'm not wasting further time debating it. Because it's a clearly biased one. Especially when you ignore the fact that I've stated multiple times the game has potential. Just that it really isn't showing it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea what you're talking about. Your opinions don't count because we can use objectivity here to look at what Star Citizen is and what it can become. It represents the next generation of posibilities that no other developer is even attempting to try and reach. Consider the current AAA publisher/development studio model we have now, and the fact that we would not have got to this point for at least another decade or even longer without crowd funding. Star Citizen tech is most sophisticated used in video games right now period. That's why your so called opinion just makes you look like a whiny bitch because your "critique" is nothing more than a showcase of your ignorance.

Oh sure, but I mean, you’ll find that sort of people in almost every kind of video game project, if you had followed a thread by the name of “Trials of Ascension” you would see how ridiculous in can get, people treating extreme simple and common stuff as the best thing ever since sliced bread, just pay them no mind.

… but no, I don’t blame you or anyone for having your doubts, as I said before I think it would be wise for everyone to just expect the worst and hope for the best.
    Oh for sure. For the most part of those people who act like "the game is the best/groundbreak/revolutionary thing coming out and it can do no wrong" I just throw them on ignore personally. Already had to deal with it in other areas of this site so it's nothing really new.

From experience here it's safe to say they are not worth the discussion time or effort because their biased opinions make me sometimes consider that CIG is asking them to post on their behalf. Silly thought I admit but well judging by some of the rabid manner of posting I see on this site, Reddit and small fansites it does speak a bit of volume about the dedicated playerbase.

I've always stated this game has potential. I don't think I ever said it was flat out bad. Just how it is being handled is bad which is starting to make me think this is just another game to add to what I dub the "Kickstarter Pile". Games that sound good on paper and in execution will end up trying to deliver so much and be bad due to that or feature bloat.

I'm all for discussion. Not a one sided debate where people harp on about how it's the best game ever and anything critical is "hating or bashing". And of course I have no interest with the few people who have been blindly bashing it in this forum. Both extremes are just as bad as each other.

Right now this project is a mess. Delays, lies, overreaching and people so irritated they want refunds. and so on. Anyone who listens to that Chris Roberts fellow as well is just as silly. He has literally 1 half decent game under his belt and that was Wing Commander over 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Your opinions don't count because we can use objectivity here to look at what Star Citizen is and what it can become. It represents the next generation of posibilities that no other developer is even attempting to try and reach. Consider the current AAA publisher/development studio model we have now, and the fact that we would not have got to this point for at least another decade or even longer without crowd funding. Star Citizen tech is most sophisticated used in video games right now period. That's why your so called opinion just makes you look like a whiny bitch because your "critique" is nothing more than a showcase of your ignorance.
    Meanwhile, I can compare it with games from just a few ago and see at a glance that Star Citizens graphics are now on the average side of things...and even bad in some ways.

Star Citizen tech is also not "sophisticated". There is nothing that Star Citizen is doing that has not been done elsewhere. It is not ambitious...it is not ground breaking...it is not on the cutting edge. From serialised variable through FOIP to procgen planets and systems...all done.

And Eleccybubbs point is very relevant...graphics, even good graphics, do not make a game. You need gameplay. Some of the best games ever have poor graphics.

Star Citizen? Star Citizen has an awful flight model. Most players seem to agree on that. It "works"...bit is also lacks heft, feels arcade and encourages a style of gameplay that is very turret and lazy. Some people like that, but many others do not. Engaging gameplay? It seems not. Then we have decisions and ideas and concepts such as the two hour wait, shifting cargo box by box by box, 8 minute jump times in a point-to-point-no flight-allowed model, the need to eat, drink and sleep and other seriously inane gameplay mechanics that promise tedium rather than fun.

Maybe CIG will somehow mange to make it all work. Maybe they'll be able to innovate or - more likely - copy mechanics from somewhere that'll make all these seemingly tedious mechanics work. Maybe - but so far there is no sign they're able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Meanwhile, I can compare it with games from just a few ago and see at a glance that Star Citizens graphics are now on the average side of things...and even bad in some ways.

Star Citizen tech is also not "sophisticated". There is nothing that Star Citizen is doing that has not been done elsewhere. It is not ambitious...it is not ground breaking...it is not on the cutting edge. From serialised variable through FOIP to procgen planets and systems...all done.

And Eleccybubbs point is very relevant...graphics, even good graphics, do not make a game. You need gameplay. Some of the best games ever have poor graphics.

Star Citizen? Star Citizen has an awful flight model. Most players seem to agree on that. It "works"...bit is also lacks heft, feels arcade and encourages a style of gameplay that is very turret and lazy. Some people like that, but many others do not. Engaging gameplay? It seems not. Then we have decisions and ideas and concepts such as the two hour wait, shifting cargo box by box by box, 8 minute jump times in a point-to-point-no flight-allowed model, the need to eat, drink and sleep and other seriously inane gameplay mechanics that promise tedium rather than fun.

Maybe CIG will somehow mange to make it all work. Maybe they'll be able to innovate or - more likely - copy mechanics from somewhere that'll make all these seemingly tedious mechanics work. Maybe - but so far there is no sign they're able to do that.
    Another bot trying to judge the interior decorations of a building still underconstruction.

See guys, this is what makes this discussion "meaningful", hard “facts” right there.

Jesus fucking christ… it’s just fucking lovely.
    Why can't we all just get along whhaaaaahhh. Mummy give me blanket and milk wwhhhaaah.

Getting a long was never the point, it’s about being able to go a trough one entire page without someone completing snapping and start throwing childish insults around because someone said something “negative” towards the project and got his feelings hurts.

Now take a deep breath and count to 100 , you are starting to drool all over the place.

Give me teddy bear mummy whhhhaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Another bot trying to judge the interior decorations of a building still underconstruction.
    Going with the "house" analogy, CIG are trying to build one and are leaving the foundations till last.

There is a reason dev teams get the game engine up and running first and leave game assets till last. Doing it the right way round means that development is simpler, cheaper and quicker and they don't have to waste time redoing work that only needs to be done once.

Still....full marks for going the usual Star Citizen fanboi approach of "throw mud and try to discredit the poster" since you, like so many others, don't appear to have have any relevant information to show anything I say is wrong.

The flight model IS awful. The graphics DO look average. Graphics do NOT make a good game, no matter how good they are. Many of CIGs and CRs proposed gameplay mechanics ARE terrible.

We can hope that it'll all work out - but that is all.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2017-11-25 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Going with the "house" analogy, CIG are trying to build one and are leaving the foundations till last.

There is a reason dev teams get the game engine up and running first and leave game assets till last. Doing it the right way round means that development is simpler, cheaper and quicker and they don't have to waste time redoing work that only needs to be done once.

Still....full marks for going the usual Star Citizen fanboi approach of "throw mud and try to discredit the poster" since you, like so many others, don't appear to have have any relevant information to show anything I say is wrong.

The flight model IS awful. The graphics DO look average. Graphics do NOT make a good game, no matter how good they are. Many of CIGs and CRs proposed gameplay mechanics ARE terrible.

We can hope that it'll all work out - but that is all.
    Wrong on all counts.

SO graphics look average? what other MMOs do you consider to have amazing graphics? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    SO graphics look average? what other MMOs do you consider to have amazing graphics? just curious.
    What part of great graphics don't make a great game do you not get? A game does not have to look good in order to be good. Star Citizens gameplay systems are meh at best and the graphics are aiming to be fancy which in the end look mediocre.

Now if you mean amazing by the games standards or what they aim for then WoW, FF14 and GW2. Not fully realistic but they aim for what they need to. Star Citizens are way over the top.

It's essentially every other Kickstarter MMO that says "next gen graphics or best graphics ever" then ends up looking meh at best.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What part of great graphics don't make a great game do you not get?

Now if you mean amazing by the games standards or what they aim for then WoW, FF14 and GW2. Not fully realistic but they aim for what they need to. Star Citizens are way over the top.

It's essentially every other Kickstarter MMO that says "next gen graphics or best graphics ever" then ends up looking meh at best.
    not on about you, kyrt keeps saying the games graphics are just average so i'm curious what other MMOs he plays that he considers so amazing.

Personally i used to play WOW and GW2 which were both kinda meh in graphics and way dated, i play ff14 atm but that has s many graphical issues (bloody clipping everywhere) and is an older game. Blade and soul was okay but so much over saturation on the colours with stiff animation on stuff like facial features. Played a little of black desert but was severely underwhelmed by it and wasn't keen on the combat.
    Last edited by Miyani; 2017-11-25 at 04:56 PM.

not on about you, kyrt keeps saying the games graphics are just average so i'm curious what other MMOs he plays that he considers so amazing.
    Well the 3 I listed are amazing for what they aim for.

I don't just judge graphics by the realistic quality they present. Cuphead or Undertale for example are deliberately designed to not look realistic. While not MMOs they are 2 prime examples of "great graphics don't make a great game".

However Star Citizen is going too far. It's starting to look more like a game that will rely on fancy graphics and mediocre gameplay systems along with feature bloat.

Personally i used to play WOW and GW2 which were both kinda meh in graphics and way dated, i play ff14 atm but that has s many graphical issues (bloody clipping everywhere) and is an older game. Blade and soul was okay but so much over saturation on the colours with stiff animation on stuff like facial features. Played a little of black desert but was severely underwhelmed by it and wasn't keen on the combat.
    Clipping is a huge issue in a lot of MMOS. Unless Star Citizen miraculously finds a way to solve it then it will be no different.

Black Desert failed because it was bordering on pay to win, a complete and utter grindfest that focused on 2 aspects that aim at a niche market and it's whole advertising campaign of "next gen MMO/Graphics".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 05:02 PM.

Define too far for graphics, i really struggle to understand what you mean. i understand wanting game play and all that as well. I mean i play mobile games with shitty 2D ancient graphics and love them. Its all about game play on a finished product. This is yet to be finished. But complaining graphics aren't to your liking just means the game is not for you and you should move onto something a little different for your own personal tastes. Personally i love star citizen graphics and cannot wait to see more in the future. I just don't follow what you mean by "going too far".

Something, something. Cannot please everyone kinda thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Desert has some really nice graphics. But is also available for a while.

When I was watching your 4k Video...while it does look good..something about the artstyle felt kinda..idk..soulless to me. It was not really clicking for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Black Desert has some really nice graphics. But is also available for a while.

When I was watching your 4k Video...while it does look good..something about the artstyle felt kinda..idk..soulless to me. It was not really clicking for me
    from what i understand the art isn't finished we still have lots of stuff to come especially for character models with new faces and also female characters. Also they eventually when the game is live will possibly adding the alien races as playable character models. Though that is a long way off. But yeah art is still being worked on like the rest of the game atm.

The graphics are perfect for the aesthetics and type of game star citizen will be, the graphics to me are currently better than all other games that are similar, you also can't go too over the top with graphics or you limit who can even play the game. SC graphics are on par or better than many AAA titles.

The flight model currently is better than others around, there is only so much you can do with flying around in space.

Star citizens core gameplay is going to be doing whatever you want to do, but these will be a little more involved than other games, even currently the gameplay is more engaging than ED/NMS which is the closet games even slightly similar.

Star Citizens gameplay is all about choice, its a sandbox style MMO.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

funnily enough i went back to wow after a break and could not stand the graphics and ended up quitting a month later. For me what originally got me interested in wow was never the graphics but being a vanilla player with the nostalgia and ease of play. But now i wouldn't touch wow again.

cliché…in a sense but the game play really is open ended in sandbox MMOs within reason. For star cit i will be exploring in my friends carrack, trading with my other friends merchantman and for myself i have an endeavour for crop growing and a touring ship to offer different game play options. Personally i'm not majorly into FPS so would rather avoid the ground based combat as much as possible but i know a lot of people are wanting the game for the combat. At least there are plans for different content/occupations in this game. I don't personally play elite dangerous but from what i have heard there is very little to do in game at this point and that games been released.

Come ff14 i don't raid like i did back in wow when i was doing progression every week instead i focus on housing and glamour (transmog) some people have no interest in either but they are more fun to me than actually raiding.

Unfortunately i think a lot of people want this game to be eve online with 10000 player battles but better graphics. This just isn't going to be the case we don't have a time dilation mode to allow for this kinda set up and it has caused a lot of people to get a little sour over their dreams of eve online 2.0 i'm still sad dust 514 the true eve tie in was such an epic failure. After seeing that go up in flames when i was looking forward to it i hope star citizen can fill the void of my past dream, maybe not right now but someday.
    Last edited by Miyani; 2017-11-25 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ...even currently the gameplay is more engaging than ED/NMS which is the closet games even slightly similar.
    And I find the current gameplay far less engaging than Elite, so where does that leave us? It's subjective, it's wrong to declare it as though there is a "winner".