Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sorry, I didn’t mean to be dishonest, I must have been a little distracted, you need to understand that just now was a lot of bullshit to go trough in a single post. I mean, c’mon, are we seriously going to the “your mother!” and “no one wants to playing the game anyway!” kind of levels? Jesus fuck…
    Those were perfectly adequate responses to those bullshit posts, there was more than a single post as well, there was a few I responded too. Low effort posts deserve low effort responses.

Also, I don’t think anyone is saying that these are final release dates, but a roadmap is still is a list of project goals, goals that they keep missing by months over and over…
    I just told you what the roadmap is. Go and do some research on agile and scrum development methodolgies and hopefully the light bulb goes on.

As for the, “get out of here”. No dude, you are the one who seems to have a problem, not me.
    ok.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-22 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    The roadmap is based around aggressively set internal JIRA agile development targets.
    And they manage to miss like every one of them. Maybe they shouldn't put up such bullshit targets that they are incapable of meeting? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And they manage to miss like every one of them. Maybe they shouldn't put up such bullshit targets that they are incapable of meeting? Nah.
    All entries in 3.3 are targets are still scheduled for the 3.3 release around the Citizencon event. Even the planets and moons in the delayed 3.3.5 are pretty much there now, but are dependent on OCS before they can be included in the live release. There's also lots of polish and improvements coming that aren't even listed on the roadmap. 3.3 is coming in October and 3.3.5 is scheduled for November, not exactly a massive delay to get worked up about anyway. So you can take your lies and go crawl back underneath your rock.

All entries in 3.3 are targets are still scheduled for the 3.3 release around the Citizencon event. Even the planets and moons in the delayed 3.3.5 are pretty much there now, but are dependent on OCS before they can be included in the live release.
    Translation: They are ready but not ready so they got pushed back. Oops?

- - - Updated - - -

There's also lots of polish and improvements coming that aren't even listed on the roadmap. 3.3 is coming in October and 3.3.5 is scheduled for November, not exactly a massive delay to get worked up about anyway. So you can take your lies and go crawl back underneath your rock.
    Unless those ALSO get pushed back. Love the insults though. Can't have a normal discussion can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    A childish excuse for childish behavior, what a surprise.

Those “bullshit posts” are still just opinions towards someone else’s business, the fact that you find justified to respond to them with personal insults says a lot. It’s just sad.
    They aren't opinions, they are demonstrable falsehoods. Even opinions need to be backed by solid reasoning otherwise they should be just dismissed as bullshit.

Ah, yes, the good old “just go google it!” technique, I’m starting to understand why you stick to silly insults now.
    Thanks for admitting you don't have a clue about software development.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: They are ready but not ready so they got pushed back. Oops?

- - - Updated - - -
    Translation: The vast majority of stuff is scheduled to be released on time as I've just shown. You claimed everything had been delayed and CIG were incapable of meeting any of their own self-imposed deadlines which is demonstrably false. CIG have already successfully met plenty of deadlines throughout this year as well.

Unless those ALSO get pushed back. Love the insults though. Can't have a normal discussion can you?
    Liars don't deserve anything less. Your idea of a normal discussion is one where you get to spout off any bullshit you feel like and expect to to be taken seriously anyway. No.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-22 at 02:39 AM.

Translation: The vast majority of stuff is scheduled to be released on time as I've just shown. You claimed everything had been delayed and CIG were incapable of meeting any of their own self-imposed deadlines which is demonstrably false.
    Fact: They pushed back the dates on yet another patch.

You think with their track record they will meet their next release date targets and push nothing back? LOL. Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Liars don't deserve anything less. Your idea of a normal discussion is one where you get to spout off any bullshit you feel like and expect to to be taken seriously anyway. No.
    Did they or did they not push back content of a patch. Again. Well?

Fact: They pushed back the dates on yet another patch.

You think with their track record they will meet their next release date targets and push nothing back? LOL. Okay
    Nope, 3.3 is still scheduled on time to be released in October.

Did they or did they not push back content of a patch. Again. Well?
    You're moving the goalposts now, another dishonest tactic. Your original claim was that they missed all deadlines which has been shown to be wrong. As for your new question, yes some content has been delayed for a few weeks, so what?

Nope, 3.3 is still scheduled on time to be released in October.

You're moving the goalposts now, another dishonest tactic. Your original claim was that they missed all deadlines which has been shown to be wrong. As for your new question, yes some content has been delayed for a few weeks, so what?
    I'm asking a simple question. Did they or did they not miss a deadline? Is this the first time it has happened? Do they have a track record of missing timetables?

So what? It is just showing how incompetent they are at setting deadlines. It shows potential customers just how inept they have been.

I'm asking a simple question. Did they or did they not miss a deadline? Is this the first time it has happened? Do they have a track record of missing timetables?
    Nope your opening statement a few posts back was this.

And they manage to miss like every one of them.
    Which is wrong, CIG have met plenty of deadlines this year. Now you're just trying to move goalposts and it's not on son

So what? It is just showing how incompetent they are at setting deadlines. It shows potential customers just how inept they have been.

Here's the caveat for potential customers on how to use the roadmap.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...r-Citizen/info

Quality will always be our number one goal.
    When we initially set out on this journey we looked out at the gaming landscape and asked: can we do better? We continue to ask that question about everything we do. As a result, we will ALWAYS extend timelines or re-do features and content if we do not feel they are up to our standards. The freedom to fight for a new level of quality in game development is what crowd funding has allowed us to do, and we will continue to fight to make sure Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are the best possible games they can be.

This roadmap focuses on big features, but is not fully exhaustive.
    There are a lot of behind-the-scenes work and smaller tasks that will be happening as well as on-going improvements to existing features. This is also not intended to be a final list, there will potentially be additional features added down the line and features may shift in their projected release.

The roadmap data is pulled directly from the internal project management database.
    In the spirit of transparency, the data found on this page is pulled directly from JIRA, our internal database that we are using to plan and manage the project. Feature progress and release plans will be updated here in an automated fashion, once per week.

Future work estimates are just that: estimates.
    All estimates are based on our knowledge and experience but there are many aspects of game development that are impossible to predict because they literally cover uncharted territory. You will see the same estimates we use in our internal planning, but it is important to understand that in many cases (especially with groundbreaking engineering tasks) these estimates are often subject to change due to unforeseen complexity in implementing features.

Internal schedules, the ones you will now be privy to, tend to have aggressive dates.
    This helps to help the team focus and scope their tasks, especially in the case of tech development. Every team needs target dates, so you may see dates adjust when we get more accurate information and understanding of what’s needed to be completed.

The polish phase is always hard to estimate, increasingly so in online and multiplayer situations.

The complexity and the difficulty in testing at a large scale make it harder to reproduce and isolate bugs to fix them. We base our estimates, again, on our experience, but we also know that it’s possible for a single bug to cause a delay of days or weeks when a hundred others might be fixed instantly.

This roadmap doesn’t cover everything being worked on across Cloud Imperium Games.

The roadmap is meant to highlight our aims for the remainder of the year on the Persistent Universe. Although technology is shared between the two games, this does not currently reflect the Squadron 42 roadmap.

Terminology
    The status of each Feature in the roadmap indicates where it is in the development process. Here is a handy list of terms used on each card and their meaning.

Scheduled The feature is planned but not in development.
    In Development The feature is being actively developed.
    Polish Work is complete and undergoing playtests and QA.
    Completed The feature is considered complete.
    Released The feature is shipped as part of a public release.
    If you can't handle that, then you're not fit for open development. Forget about the game and come back when SQ42 is released.

So wait, is CogsNCocks the ministabber/Slipmat of Star Citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So wait, is CogsNCocks the ministabber/Slipmat of Star Citizen?
    Depends on whether that person(s) is someone who hates disingenuous bad actors, lies, and BS. If yes, then yes. If no, then no.

The roadmap is based around aggressively set internal JIRA agile development targets. They aren't release dates in a typical sense like you get with commercial game or DLC launches. I mean yeah, we all know CR was way over optimistic a few years ago with release windows along with the scope of the project changing, but that has nothing to do with how the roadmap functions today. So people who want to treat the roadmap like it's a release schedule for EA or Activisions latest reskinned release aren't fit to handle open development. You also dishonestely left out the part where I talked about R&D, get out of here with your cherry picking.
    If it's true that their roadmap is based on JIRA they really should rework that. I work with JIRA daily and if the targeted crowd is the consumer, it should pass through some form of filtering first. Otherwise it does more damage than good.

That said, it's down to the project manager not to set unrealistic dates on everything that they know they can't meet.

It seems they're mixing PR with actual targeted release dates. What could possibly go wrong there, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    If it's true that their roadmap is based on JIRA they really should rework that. I work with JIRA daily and if the targeted crowd is the consumer, it should pass through some form of filtering first. Otherwise it does more damage than good.
    Maybe you're right, but backers asked for more transparency and that's what they got. Be careful what you wish for?? CIG going dark for long periods of time didn't exactly do themselves any favours either and much worse than the present situation imo. Personally I'm loving the roadmap and quarterly releases and following the ups and downs I know many others who feel the same. They are only showing the public a snapshot of what they want us to see anyway.Those who having trouble with the roadmap and dates tend to be those who are just following the project from a distance through headlines and secondhand information like many on this website. It's probably not worth CIG catering to those people anyway at this point they clearly don't need them. Most of them are just bandwagoners who will change their tune once the tide of opinion eventually changes anyway.

That said, it's down to the project manager not to set unrealistic dates on everything that they know they can't meet.
    They are employing scrum sprint runs which is purposely about setting aggressive goals, gritting your teeth to try and meet them before a certain date cut off and reviewing success/failure once time runs out. Rinse and repeat. It's been a very effective strategy for CIG this year.

It seems they're mixing PR with actual targeted release dates. What could possibly go wrong there, I wonder?
    From what I've seen it gives the hater/agenda people some ammunition(or at least they think it does, mostly it just makes them look dumb when they get called out) and some weebs on mmo-champion get to play dumb and throw a tantrum. People who are actually following the project closely don't seem to have any trouble with the roadmap and accompanying PR from what I've seen and see it as a positive thing. Sure they are dissapointed when stuff gets pushed but I doubt you find anyone who would prefer no roadmap at all.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-22 at 06:31 AM.

@CogsNCocks why do you keep shilling for someone that doesnt even pay you?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    @CogsNCocks why do you keep shilling for someone that doesnt even pay you?
    Or do they?!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Have fun with your great looking 27 grand fleet in an empty game i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Or do they?!
    Nah, I have seen enough from the Star Citizen community. They are a fucking cult.

That's why they brought in Erin Roberts as studio director who has a billion dollars worth of successful titles under his belt as a producer and studio director. Then you have the senior producer Eric Kieron Davis who's credits include almost EVERY single Blizzard title and cinematic from Wrath of the Lich King and onwards until he left Blizzard and joined CIG around the time production for Legion was begining. I can go on and on here so just let me know if you need me to list some more people...

You people just can't handle open development. There's always going to be setbacks along the road with projects that have major R&D components. The very nature of R&D is that you are dealing with unknowns. Unknowns in time and complexity.
    No, I can't "handle" companies taking a shit load of money from people to create a game, and giving nothing but tech demos and delayed release dates to show for it. The backers are paying for a game, not some R&D project that gives nothing of substance to the people who wrote the check.

I also don't give a shit about those developers and directors on staff at this point. They're past accolades mean nothing if the one they're working on now doesn't get off the ground, and everything thus far shows that this one is FAR from getting off the ground. It's a complete shit show of mismanagement, empty promises and missed/delayed/changed deadlines.

Also, what the fuck is "open development?" That just sounds like a non-word some jackass made up to cover up the fact that they're just fucking around making shit with super fancy computers because of their over inflated budget and very little (if any) idea on how to make it all come together to make a cohesive end product.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are employing scrum sprint runs which is purposely about setting aggressive goals, .......
    Just because you have a sprint in JIRA, doesnt mean you are setting aggressive goals. . .. who told you that? Do you even know what JIRA is?

If you want to know, you can always ask. . . . Ive been a software developer since 95. Ive used JIRA for years, my team was even in one of the early release pilots for JIRA when branching tracking was still screwed up. You might want to stay in your lane on things you have very little knowledge of. Especially when you're so bad at being condescending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this game got burned by this trailer:
    Don't sweat the details!!!