Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    My wallet is ready for anniversary sale. They ll make millions of $ with this sale as they have shown to the world they can actually make the damn game.
    Uh no they haven't shown the world they can make the damn game...

If I take off from Hurston in my Reclaimer it takes 35 minutes to get high enough to engage quantum drive, it then takes another 12 minutes of flying in a straight line staring at the QD screen to reach Port Olisar. I really hope they do something about these travel times because I don't want to spend almost 2 hours traveling and only 1 hour of actually interacting with the game in a "there and back again" scenario.

In Elite it might take a 30 seconds to get the altitude I need before I can engage supercruise and while supercruising I can see everything going on around me, steer my ship, interact with other ships etc I was really hoping that Star Citizen's QD would be a bit more than just staring at some effects on screen for 10+ minutes.
    Last edited by 1001; 2018-11-14 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    If I take off from Hurston in my Reclaimer it takes 35 minutes to get high enough to engage quantum drive, it then takes another 12 minutes of flying in a straight line staring at the QD screen to reach Port Olisar. I really hope they do something about these travel times because I don't want to spend almost 2 hours traveling and only 1 hour of actually interacting with the game in a "there and back again" scenario.

In Elite it might take a 30 seconds to get the altitude I need before I can engage supercruise and while supercruising I can see everything going on around me, steer my ship, interact with other ships etc I was really hoping that Star Citizen's QD would be a bit more than just staring at some effects on screen for 10+ minutes.
    Reclaimer is a industrial ship dedicated to salvaging, it's not a cruising ship to fuck around planetside. IRL you wouldn't bring drilling machinery to cruise around the city now do you? Different ship's for different purposes. That's why "bigger + expensive ship" ≠ better or P2W.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-11-14 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Reclaimer is a industrial ship dedicated to salvaging, it's not a cruising ship to fuck around planetside. IRL you wouldn't bring drilling machinery to a cruise around the city now do you? Different ship's for different purposes. That's why "bigger + expensive ship" ≠ better or P2W.
    Inconvenience ≠ immersion. IMO, it should take ten minutes at most for any ship to get from destination to another, so ten minutes from ground to orbit and 10 minutes in warp, so 2p minutes from Hurston landing zone to PO at most. It should be at the very least this fast right now, considering that there's literally nothing to do while you're playing the game unless you have a large ship to get out of your chair to walk around. In 315, there was nothing to do at all during the jump except to alt tab out of the game and watch YT videos of people actually playing SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Inconvenience ≠ immersion. IMO, it should take ten minutes at most for any ship to get from destination to another, so ten minutes from ground to orbit and 10 minutes in warp, so 2p minutes from Hurston landing zone to PO at most. It should be at the very least this fast right now, considering that there's literally nothing to do while you're playing the game unless you have a large ship to get out of your chair to walk around. In 315, there was nothing to do at all during the jump except to alt tab out of the game and watch YT videos of people actually playing SC.
    Not it shouldn't, and it will never be. If you think it should Star Citizen is not the game for you and that's A-OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with you 100%. Artificially inflating your games playtime by requiring basically 10+ minutes of mostly static screens is terrible. There is a point that doing things strictly for realism's sake does not mean fun. Let people enjoy realistic features that are fun, sitting in your captain's chair for 10-20 minutes, just so you can change orientation and do it again for another 10-20 minutes is stupid as hell. Your goal should not be to bore people to the point that they shift their attention out of your game. But then you will have SC cultist who say they want it to be real every step of the way, and they are the only ones that will be happy with features like this.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anyway since you decided to derail the thread I suggest we leave it at that.
    Says the guy who literally started the derail by shitposting about screencaps from latest patch update (aka topically relevant and timely) with the same inane comment for the 500th time. How did that contribute to the thread in any functional way?

This Blade Runner tribute video is extremely well done!

RE: That asteroid mining video. Ooh, when did they add that? Last I saw was them patching in mining a few rocks on one of the planets. Did people just not know where to look at first and that was always in the same patch?

As far as the FTL travel times: At least for this early testing yeah, they should cut the travel times down, because it doesn't functionally contribute to the experience or testing by wasting time. As far as considerations for how long point-to-point travel should be overall: That is obviously something that can be talked about now but shouldn't really be worried about until we hit PTU beta imho. That is more of a fine-tuning issue.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2018-11-15 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    RE: That asteroid mining video. Ooh, when did they add that? Last I saw was them patching in mining a few rocks on one of the planets. Did people just not know where to look at first and that was always in the same patch?
    i believe thats been up for a few months now

Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i believe thats been up for a few months now
    OIC. Well I've been crazy busy with work/school and got sick last month which threw everything out of whack. Guess it slipped my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    OIC. Well I've been crazy busy with work/school and got sick last month which threw everything out of whack. Guess it slipped my attention.
    your not the only one. that update came and went without me noticing ether lol. im still waiting on the Orion mining ship and see how that looks floating around in space

10+ Year Old Account
    Has any more info about the pioneer base building come up?
    Was talking about it the other day that they are planning that you could pick and choose buildings to be placed.
    not anything recently but you will be able to pick the building type, aka refinery, farm, accommodation and possibly link the building as well. i do occasionally look at the in-world Keynote Speech by the Consolidated Outlands CEO that revealed the Pioneer.

i am sure this is something they will tweak as they get more feedback, just like they increased the range of all the Q-Drives after limiting it drastically. people should not forget that no matter the numerical number attributed to a build or acronym assigned these are ALL test environments in an alpha so nothing is set in stone and feedback is not only encouraged it's necessary.
    Says the guy who literally started the derail by shitposting about screencaps from latest patch update (aka topically relevant and timely) with the same inane comment for the 500th time. How did that contribute to the thread in any functional way?
    the irony is completely lost on them and they act as though posting anything that showcases the game's media is somehow antithetical to the purpose of the thread.
    Asteroid Mining came with 3.3 last month and planetary mining came with either 3.1 or 3.2. there are also more improvements coming in subsequent patches and they will add more complexity as the tech comes online.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Real cool fucking shit popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Real cool fucking shit popping up.
    Indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'm not sure if I asked this before, but how exactly will the online supposedly work out? Is it all trough official servers, or you also have the option to make private servers just to stick with friends or smaller communities?
    private Servers are still something Chris wants to do, but they will probably revisit it in beta once all the systems are locked down.

a big hungry looking insect in the Hurston wilds:

Lorville, Hurston's main lading zone at night, WOW! (yes that means they turned on Hurston's planetary rotation!):

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    Lorville, Hurston's main lading zone at night, WOW! (yes that means they turned on Hurston's planetary rotation!):

yeah i heard a patch today turned it on. and thats looking very pretty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Do share if it's ever confirmed please.
    it's confirmed, there is just no new info. like VR is confirmed there just won't be any new info until all of Item 2.0 is in and other related technologies are in.
    yeah i heard a patch today turned it on. and thats looking very pretty
    indeed. got some more images:

IMAGE ALBUM (CLICK THE IMAGE FOR THE REST):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    indeed. got some more images:
    lots of nice images

also

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ee-Fly-Details

"Citizens,

To celebrate the release of Hurston, Star Citizen’s first explorable planet, and commemorate our anniversary, we’re launching a Free Fly event of unprecedented magnitude.

From Nov 23 through Nov 30 you’ll have the chance to try out every flyable ship and operable vehicle in the game for free. Here’s how it works:

During the promotion, anyone can join Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe for free. You’ll be able to experience Star Citizen first-hand, but to get out there and start exploring, you’re gonna need a ship.

Starting on November 23rd, every day at 8am PST, a different ship manufacturer in the game will make its entire flyable fleet available for a 24-hour test flight period.

There may also be some surprises in store for those of you who make the trek out to Hurston and see what Lorville’s all about, as well as some fun interactive activities here on the website, so stay tuned.

Check out the schedule below to plan your free test flights. Have fun and fly safe!"

anyone that has doubts or doesnt want to put any money in for now can take a look at what there is

Regarding private servers.

The last thing said about them was by Disco Lando, who said they were the absolute last thing on the list, that the game will have gone through alpha, beta and have been live for quite some time before anyone even looks at private servers.

Probably not going to see or hear anything for quite a few years yet.