Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'll use your own line. "this part puzzles me the most; you on one hand acknowledge that the game is still in heavy development and figures and mechanics are still not finalized yet you can speak in absolutes about the impact of said things? O.o it's fascinating, but for all the wrong reasons."

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that Kickstarter was just for laughs. pity.
    Yeah I mean they had more than enough from crowdfunding to make a game.

This is just flat out greed and P2W with selling overpriced ships in the game.

I feel bad for AAA devs because they would dream to have this kind of money. Imagine what a company like CDPR could make with 200 million.

It's a joke that a company like this has so much money and nothing worthwhile to show for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I feel bad for AAA devs because they would dream to have this kind of money. Imagine what a company like CDPR could make with 200 million.

It's a joke that a company like this has so much money and nothing worthwhile to show for it.
    Instead of a plain good ol' hooker, Star Citizen is the stripper of the gaming industry - no matter how much money you throw at it, you aren't getting what you really want. It's all tease and flashy visuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Define worthwhile.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Instead of a plain good ol' hooker, Star Citizen is the stripper of the gaming industry - no matter how much money you throw at it, you aren't getting what you really want. It's all tease and flashy visuals.
    That seems to sum up SC pretty damn well.

One of the many great ways to describe this game.

You mean what CDPR could do if they would need to spend a big chunk of that money to build up the studios first? I'm amazed ppl like you pushing their own agenda still ignore that CIG started from zero.
    Also you know very well that they didn't started with 200 million, it built up over time which was again a challenge that they had to adjust their work to the money coming in. You just choose to ignore this too.
    What we know so far is CDPR couldn't finish Cyberpunk 2077 in 6 years tho they are an established studio. While you bash CIG not finished an MMO in the same time.
    I do know CDPR didn't get on full steam immediately after the announcement...but neither did CIG as i mentioned they had to build up the studios and teams first.
    So either you accept that a new IP takes time even for good devs as CDPR, or you keep bashing CIG and prove how bias your viewpoint is.

- - - Updated - - -

If you keep moving goalposts then i guess yeah you will never get what you want.
    Scaptics were:
    "They will never add planets in the game" done
    "They will never add cities in the game" done
    "They will never do it seamlessly" done
    Then came the "thay will always have shitty FPS" doubled in 3.3

Tbh most ppl can't understand things are not final because the game is developing. Thay just bitching about things that's not in it yet and as soon as something is in they either immediately switch to something else or bitch about why it is in as it is and not as they imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    You mean what CDPR could do if they would need to spend a big chunk of that money to build up the studios first? I'm amazed ppl like you pushing their own agenda still ignore that CIG started from zero.
    Also you know very well that they didn't started with 200 million, it built up over time which was again a challenge that they had to adjust their work to the money coming in. You just choose to ignore this too.
    What we know so far is CDPR couldn't finish Cyberpunk 2077 in 6 years tho they are an established studio. While you bash CIG not finished an MMO in the same time.
    I do know CDPR didn't get on full steam immediately after the announcement...but neither did CIG as i mentioned they had to build up the studios and teams first.
    So either you accept that a new IP takes time even for good devs as CDPR, or you keep bashing CIG and prove how bias your viewpoint is.
    Does it really matter what CDPR are or aren't doing? They aren't being funded by the public, they're not making and selling new items in an ever growing game. They didn't say the game would be released in 2014 or that another part of it would be released in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc.
    Saying that an established studio has been unable to make the game in 6 years is misdirection as only a small portion of that established company worked on it prior to mid 2016.

"They will never add planets in the game" done
    "They will never add cities in the game" done
    "They will never do it seamlessly" done
    Then came the "thay will always have shitty FPS" doubled in 3.3
    Very few people actually claimed this though because the original proposal included planets, decent framerate (obviously) and cities. Anyone that makes a flat out declaration of something not being possible should really not have any attention paid to them.
    While the framerate is drastically improved it still has extreme slow down in numerous areas of the game, and from what I can gather people point to this with the claims of 1000 players in the same instance or mass battles in mind, which is definitely a fair concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Does it really matter what CDPR are or aren't doing? They aren't being funded by the public, they're not making and selling new items in an ever growing game. They didn't say the game would be released in 2014 or that another part of it would be released in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc.
    Saying that an established studio has been unable to make the game in 6 years is misdirection as only a small portion of that established company worked on it prior to mid 2016.

Very few people actually claimed this though because the original proposal included planets, decent framerate (obviously) and cities. Anyone that makes a flat out declaration of something not being possible should really not have any attention paid to them.
    While the framerate is drastically improved it still has extreme slow down in numerous areas of the game, and from what I can gather people point to this with the claims of 1000 players in the same instance or mass battles in mind, which is definitely a fair concern.
    Congrats on failing the point.
    "Does it really matter what CDPR are or aren't doing?"
    Let's turn it around: Does it matter what CIG are or aren't doing to the non backers? No. Still most of the critics/naysayers are the ones who aren't backers, and laugh at the poor dumb ppl who gave money to CIG.

I did write that i know CD{R weren't working on it on full steam from the beginning just as CIG wasn't working on SC with a full team from the beginning. That's why it's a good comparison.
    Also it doesn't​ matter that CIG is crowdfunded and CDPR is not if we are talking about development times, and delays. They were brought up as an example by Eleccybubb hence the comparison.

Cyberpunk: skeleton crew at the beginning, 6 years, not finished, only seen a demo, just a singleplayer ->everythings fine.
    SC: skeleton crew at the beginning, 6 years, not finished, playable alpha, hugely complicated MMO+singleplayer->development hell, mismanagement, it will never release.

Double standards.

About the framerates: yes it has slowdowns in areas with tons of things on the screen like Lorville, in an unoptimized alpha. These just need the usual graphics optimization every game has in the end phase of development. But it's not really worth to take out one thing, the point is CIG slowly but surely overcome the tech hurdles, so given the track record server mesh will come too. Especially if we go by the record that they know better what is and isn't possible than the armchair devs on the internet.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2018-12-17 at 10:30 AM.

This is really a barrel without bottom. They've completely abandoned the idea of creating a game out of this glorified screen saver. There is no way this will end well now. What a trainwreck.

Let's turn it around: Does it matter what CIG are or aren't doing to the non backers? No. Still most of the critics/naysayers are the ones who aren't backers, and laugh at the poor dumb ppl who gave money to CIG.

I did write that i know CD{R weren't working on it on full steam from the beginning just as CIG wasn't working on SC with a full team from the beginning. That's why it's a good comparison.
    Also it doesn't​ matter that CIG is crowdfunded and CDPR is not if we are talking about development times, and delays. They were brought up as an example by Eleccybubb hence the comparison.

Cyberpunk: skeleton crew at the beginning, 6 years, not finished, only seen a demo, just a singleplayer ->everythings fine.
    SC: skeleton crew at the beginning, 6 years, not finished, playable alpha, hugely complicated MMO+singleplayer->development hell, mismanagement, it will never release.

Double standards.

About the framerates: yes it has slowdowns in areas with tons of things on the screen like Lorville, in an unoptimized alpha. These just need the usual graphics optimization every game has in the end phase of development. But it's not really worth to take out one thing, the point is CIG slowly but surely overcome the tech hurdles, so given the track record server mesh will come too. Especially if we go by the record that they know better what is and isn't possible than the armchair devs on the internet.
    CDPR has been working on other games in the meantime and making stuff like Witcher 3 most likely took a LOT of time and money away from Cyberpunk.
    CIG has been working on nothing but SC.

If CIG had released Elite: Dangerous while working on SC in the background you would have a point about double standards.
    But they haven't.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    CDPR has been working on other games in the meantime and making stuff like Witcher 3 most likely took a LOT of time and money away from Cyberpunk.
    CIG has been working on nothing but SC.

If CIG had released Elite: Dangerous while working on SC in the background you would have a point about double standards.
    But they haven't.
    Yeah let's just ignore Squadron 42, the constant engagement with the comunity and developing a game while maintaining playable builds open for the public scrutiny when comparing with other big AAA developers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Yeah let's just ignore Squadron 42, the constant engagement with the comunity and developing a game while maintaining playable builds open for the public scrutiny when comparing with other big AAA developers.
    I missed SQ42 releasing? Gee, what are the odds....

I also missed SC being done by AAA developers. You know AAA developers that actually release games.

Yeah games and products in general just magicaly appear from thin air dont you know?

Roberts snapped it's fingers and a bunch of Hollywood stars just appeared in gameplay video and trailers just to spite the haters.

Ah yes, lets start a discussion with a nice bit of passive aggressiveness, that'll make people more partial in listening to what I have to say...

That hardly sounds rational. People wanting to see customers get what is owed to them is never a bad thing. People wanting to see some accountability is never a bad thing. Perhaps it would be better to pay less attention to the more hyperbolic stuff?

You also stated that a fully staffed company could not produce a game in 6 years.

Of course it matters. One is using customers money, the other is using their own and/or investors money. There's a huge difference here.

Double standards.
    No, not double standards, just a lack of comprehension.
    Sentiment is better with CDPR because they have not promised things or made spurious claims. There are no expectations set apart from getting a good game at the end of it.
    CIG set a date, they made numerous claims, they took additional money based on those claims. They said SQ42 would come out in 2015, 2016, 2017 and it never did, they said huge patches would arrive which never did etc.

There's a world of difference here.

SC had a small crew in house for the 1st year, however they also made use of numerous contractors to make up for it. After the 1st year they grew rapidly, too fast imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Yeah games and products in general just magicaly appear from thin air dont you know?

Roberts snapped it's fingers and a bunch of Hollywood stars just appeared in gameplay video and trailers just to spite the haters.
    You might want to go back and re-read the conversation because you seem to missing some bits.

Someone brought up Cyberpunk as another game that is taking a long time to develop, while completely ignoring that they lost years of dev time to making Witcher 3 in the mean time.
    You then brought up SQ42, which has no bearing at all on that comparison since its not a released game and I believe is being developed by a separate studio.
    As well as a bunch of other stuff which, again, has entirely no barring what so ever on the comparison between CIG and CDPR working on SC and Cyberpunk respectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO, so i tell people that funding the game and getting a more expensive ship will not lead to any comparative advantage when the game is finally live as there are contingencies to mitigate any advantage, then have those quotes used to somehow argue that i have admitted that the game is P2W????? O.o wow, talk about cognitive dissonance and logical fallacies. smh.

anyway, here's a Connie leaving Olisar:

Hurston Savannah biome, looks like a scene from a military movie, i get BHD vibes:

Love this pic, i cannot wait for bounty hunter mechanics to be fully fleshed out and we can subdue targets non-lethally:

the detail of that tree bark, very, very nice:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

I also missed SC being done by AAA developers. You know AAA developers that actually release games.
    These devs are not AAA ones mate.

They can claim they are all they want. They just are not.

And lol. "Detail of tree bark".

Yeah when I play my games I always go upto trees and take a good look at their bark and I'm like "damn.... that's some good bark right there".

Fucking hell....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-17 at 02:25 PM.

These devs are not AAA ones mate.

They can claim they are all they want. They just are not.

And lol. "Detail of tree bark".

Yeah when I play my games I always go upto trees and take a good look at their bark and I'm like "damn.... that's some good bark right there".

Fucking hell....
    Oh I know they aren't AAA developers. They THINK they are, they love it when people compare them to companies that actually release games.

Tree bark guy reminds me of Trials of Ascension guy going nuts on the reflection on armor. Also, I love the panic comment they make and then shit out a bunch of screenshots as if that is going to make the game magically appear.

Sign me up for some of that tree bark though.

Oh I know they aren't AAA developers. They THINK they are, they love it when people compare them to companies that actually release games.

Tree bark guy reminds me of Trials of Ascension guy going nuts on the reflection on armor. Also, I love the panic comment they make and then shit out a bunch of screenshots as if that is going to make the game magically appear.

Sign me up for some of that tree bark though.
    I remember when they were intending to charge for "Citizencon" (yes there is a convention dedicated to an unfinished game fucking lol) and part of their reasoning is because "Blizzard do it and we think we are as good as them".

Yes I'm sure you are comparable to a company that manages 6 projects which will go upto 8 by at least December next year (the 2 being WoW classic and WC3 remastered ofc)...

Seriously Chris Roberts fucking ego is enormous. He's a has been trying to be a somebody again. Simple as that.