Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The PU is not a priority developing the game takes is what matters, most of the work is being done on SQ42 and if something is not ready it wont be implemented, features to be included in the PU atm are not important.

There is always people that will moan about anything, but its only the smallest fraction of the playerbase and they will still continue to put more money into backing the game. A handful of gamers complaining about something is nothing.
    Yup keep handwaving away all of these fuckups. Hey as long as people keep tossing money at them. Eventually that'll dry up then we'll see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    You don''t speak for anybody but yourself Kenn.
    Ain't that the truth.

The do update the backers constantly but are not required to layout a roadmap of everything.

They have already gave an update on SQ42, its up to them if they want to give anymore information.

Doesnt matter how is funded they can give as much or as little information about the game they are developing.
    I cannot understand why you hold the company in such high regard and the backers in such low regard. It is the backers who have made this project possible. Without them this company would not even exist and you want to tell them to shut up and be thankful for whatever scraps are thrown their way.

It is so... slimey.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    I cannot understand why you hold the company in such high regard and the backers in such low regard. It is the backers who have made this project possible. Without them this company would not even exist and you want to tell them to shut up and be thankful for whatever scraps are thrown their way.

It is so... slimey.
    Its not up to the backers to decide what is relevant for them, the company can choose what information they can give or not give. CiG already give the backers a ton of information about the game as it is, anymore information is going to change nothing, the game will be ready when its ready.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-13 at 06:16 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Its not up to the backers to decide what is relevant for them
    It is not up to you to decide that. This is so arrogant. You are presuming to speak for the company AND you are presuming to speak for the backers....

the company can choose what information they can give or not give
    And what did they company do? It chose to announce it would release a new video update.

CiG already give the backers a ton of information about the game as it is
    And what did the company do? They decided they wanted to release more information to the backers.

anymore information is going to change nothing
    Demonstrably false. It would change people's knowledge of where Squadron 42's progress stands. Something they are unaware of now.

It is not up to you to decide that. This is so arrogant. You are presuming to speak for the company AND you are presuming to speak for the backers....

And what did they company do? It chose to announce it would release a new video update.

And what did the company do? They decided they wanted to release more information to the backers.

Demonstrably false. It would change people's knowledge of where Squadron 42's progress stands. Something they are unaware of now.
    The backers dont deserve anything its up to the company to choose what to give them. Where did they promise an update vid, they have already given an update about what they have been doing with SQ42 so a vid is not required. The vids they promised are just the normal vids they do anyway.

They have already released more information to the backers, they are not required at all to release every single minor detail, or say anymore about SQ42 than they already have.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-13 at 07:28 PM.

Kenn your record player is stuck.

LOL
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-06-13 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You guys have been repeating the same exact discussion for the past 100+ pages, and you will repeat it for the next 100+
    Well, it's not like they can discuss the game, you can exhaust all of Star Citizen in an afternoon. They say it's gonna have this and that .. and be dreams come true. The only thing that ever comes true, is that CR is shit at project management, and there is yet another delay.

The backers dont deserve anything
    Glad you only speak for yourself then. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sad isn't it? Speaks as if he's a mouthpiece for someone at least. Though he doesn't realize it is really just himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Well, it's not like they can discuss the game, you can exhaust all of Star Citizen in an afternoon. They say it's gonna have this and that .. and be dreams come true. The only thing that ever comes true, is that CR is shit at project management, and there is yet another delay.
    Another delay among the constant state of delay that is SC. At least they don't post many dates anymore so they can blow past those with nothing to show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Bullshit.

Frankly, I can't believe you actually tried to make this claim just now. I will mention three things:

• Survival mechanics were never a part of the stretch goals. Now it's a mandatory thing. This changed only just in the recent years to be serious and now they're working on implementing it mechanically.
    • FOIP was never a part of any stretch-goal. It was just something they(Chris) thought about and then decided to put into the game.
    • Player-built structures on surfaces of planets is nowhere to be seen in the list.
    hate to break it to you but none of those are feature creep. they were all mentioned before the end of the stretch goals. now remember what i said about you being disingenuous and not understanding or comprehending things, i said there was no feature creep SINCE the END of the Stretchgoals and not that everything was MENTIONED/A PART OF the Stretchgoals themselves. i don't have time to search for the material for all of them as it is a lot of stuff to go through and ain't nobody got time for that, but here is one for FOIP from 2013:

it starts at 0:36
    the survival mechanics one is what was turned into the player Actor Status System, so the name for that has changed, and CR mentioned org bases and stuff around that time too, but i'm lazy, so choose to believe it or not, idc i'm not the one who is losing out. /shrug
    Tell you what Odeezee, if the game launches, you and I are sharing an adventure together. In our out?
    well i already told you imma be a Mercenary/space hobo in disguise, so i'll leave you space on the bench if you want to come through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    RIP Banu Merchantman owners. Six years since concept sale and not even a glimpse of the ship. Hell, the Kraken was introduced in 2017 and was modeled by the next year (or is it just the exterior that was modeled?).
    exterior of the Kraken was modeled and placed outside at the New Deal spaceship dealership at Lorville.

about the Banu Merchantman, it's not going to be made until it's needed and they have worked out some of the issues with the organic style guide they created for Banu ships from the Banu Defender. but does it really matter though? tbh, it is only really needs to be finished before retail release and since it is not needed for SQ42, it's on the back burner. /shrug
    Well, creatures are a cool idea, but come on. You've been talking about creatures for years, and you're just now creating a creature pipeline?
    huh? i mean creatures are not needed for SQ42 so why would they waste time working on them now, when they had characters to work on instead?
    The usual arguement I hear when it comes to sandworms not being ingame right now is "well it's for another planet in another star system that hasn't been created yet!".

No reason why they can't just drop the Sandworms on Daymar until that planet is created, or drop the sandworm planet into Stanton until it's canonical star system is ready (like how Levski is supposed to be in another star system but has been placed in Stanton for now).

Or, maybe the Sandworm was scripted and doesn't really exist.
    i am struggling with your logic here. the Sand-worm was scripted, CIG told us that themselves. they even went into how they were able to scale it up to size of a planet and the bugs that it created, actually Jared even showed it off during one of the shows. also, the sand-worm not being in is not an "argument" it's reality because first of all, it was on planet tech V2. second, it's in a system not in the one we have now, or coming soon. third, they don't have a character pipeline set up for creatures yet. i don't understand the contention.

the reason that Dalamar is in Stanton is because it was to help test the planet tech and it was the only large settlement that players could go to on a planetary body as the other places were small outposts on Crusader's moons, Grim Hex in Yela's asteroid belt and Port Olisar. they could add the sand-worm to Daymar, but since LEIR III, the native planet that the sand-worm is from, has oxygen that might be a problem. i guess they could test it on Hurston but idk. it might have helped with implementing the voxel based terrain deformation, but i think that may no longer be possible with the new planet tech. /shrug

i am looking forward to large creatures though, such as the sand-worm and space-whales, but i am really excited to see the full implementation of the weather system and cloud teach coz the LEIR III demo had sick ass sandstorm fronts. you can see slightly smaller ones in-game now, but i want the full effect; be able to see it from space and the ground and become completely engulfed by them with no viability and with hostile terrain, flora and fauna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Good to see SC is now working on adding creatures while the core gameplay loops are still lacking.
    But sure, keep trying to convince people that there is no scope creep and lack of direction in development.
    lol
    hahaha, this level of disconnect amazes me. thanks for the laugh though.

Amazing Star Citizen Machinima Pt. 7 (i recommend watching the previous 6 as well, they are very well done and are kind of a snapshot of the progress the game has made):

Boadring Party emergent gameplay between 2 orgs:

Side-by-side comparison of the Elite: Dangerous Odyssey reveal trailer and an homage recreation made in Star Citizen by some fans of both:

Microtech:

Drake Herald:

Last edited by Odeezee; 2020-06-13 at 09:54 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

The backers dont deserve anything its up to the company to choose what to give them.
    I think they deserve a launch date.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Thats funny, cause @Val the Moofia Boss post all the time and is critical of the actual game play. Ever notice how nobody gives him any shit?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2020-06-13 at 10:40 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thats funny, cause @Val the Moofia Boss post all the time and is critical of the actual game play. Ever notice how nobody gives him any shit?
    I think Val is just less antaganistic about it and not super dedicated like Majestic is(Granted I think he's correct on SC's failings).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    they were all mentioned before the end of the stretch goals. now remember what i said about you being disingenuous and not understanding or comprehending things, i said there was no feature creep SINCE the END of the Stretchgoals and not that everything was MENTIONED/A PART OF the Stretchgoals themselves.
    Ladies and gentlemen: Odeezee moving the goalpost after realizing he was wrong. (Of course he doesn't just admit it)

In fact, here's your sentence regarding that:

everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING that has been added since are things literally promised in the stretch-goals.
    Did you seriously think you could get away with moving the goalpost like that? I literally bolded your own words buddy. Your statement is very clear, and it's wrong and easily refutable. You specifically say promised in the stretch-goals.

You are done.

SNIPPED VIDEO

it starts at 0:36.
    the survival mechanics one is what was turned into the player Actor Status System, so the name for that has changed, and CR mentioned org bases and stuff around that time too, but i'm lazy, so choose to believe it or not, idc i'm not the one who is losing out. /shrug
    I knew all along that they had thought of and/or mentioned features in certain scenarios, that's why I knew you were so very wrong. It's the same as they've mentioned PvE-slider and any other feature that isn't planned or in the game.

Adding features that weren't listed as a feature is blatant feature creep. We've already gone over why those 3 in particular matter, so I'll refer you to those posts on that.

- - - Updated - - -

The backers dont deserve anything its up to the company to choose what to give them. Where did they promise an update vid, they have already given an update about what they have been doing with SQ42 so a vid is not required. The vids they promised are just the normal vids they do anyway.

They have already released more information to the backers, they are not required at all to release every single minor detail, or say anymore about SQ42 than they already have.
    Chris Roberts disagrees with you.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge

^ A lot of people forget the above.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-06-14 at 01:22 AM.

snip
    It is quite amusing to see such a dunk. A double dunk even. I don't get it, why do they act like they speak for this company as if it matters? I get defending a side but don't act like it is your company under fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    And that's why they are best ignored, also because on mobile you'll waste a hell lot of time picking apart whatever deadhorse they decide to ressurect.
    If that's your strat, it might come across a little stronger if you'd actually do it. You keep tossing out ad hom's page after page, though, so it really just looks like more hot air.

It's practically tradition after all this time though, eh? May as well keep it up.

snip
    Survival mechanics have been in the game since the PU launched and always been in the plan, medical gameplay is 100% reliant on it being in the game, so quit with the BS about survival mechanics.

Chris Roberts disagrees with you.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge

^ A lot of people forget the above.
    It seems you have a hard time understanding things, I clearly said its up to the company what they choose to do and CiG have kept thier promises, it still doesnt mean the company is going to give you every single detail of development, occasional updates are more than adequate.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-14 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival mechanics have been in the game since the PU launched and always been in the plan, medical gameplay is 100% reliant on it being in the game, so quit with the BS about survival mechanics.

It seems you have a hard time understanding things, I clearly said its up to the company what they choose to do and CiG have kept thier promises, it still doesnt mean the company is going to give you every single detail of development, occasional updates are more than adequate.

I'm going to miss you when CIG has to clean house and fire you, your boss Chris, and his wife. This thread is going to die without you.

But seriously, did you ask Chris and Sandy about those caves? Dude, we've been begging you for like a year. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm going to miss you when CIG has to clean house and fire you, your boss Chris, and his wife. This thread is going to die without you.

But seriously, did you ask Chris and Sandy about those caves? Dude, we've been begging you for like a year. . . . . .
    What are you even talking about caves, there are quite a few caves in star citizen. Caves came into the game Oct 2019 in 3.7 we are just about to go into 3.10
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-14 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I think they deserve a launch date.
    when it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Val is just less antaganistic about it and not super dedicated like Majestic is(Granted I think he's correct on SC's failings).
    Majestic hasn't even played in years, so idk how much weight his opinion of gameplay actually carries.
    Ladies and gentlemen: Odeezee moving the goalpost after realizing he was wrong. (Of course he doesn't just admit it)

In fact, here's your sentence regarding that:

Did you seriously think you could get away with moving the goalpost like that? I literally bolded your own words buddy. Your statement is very clear, and it's wrong and easily refutable. You specifically say promised in the stretch-goals.

You are done.

I knew all along that they had thought of and/or mentioned features in certain scenarios, that's why I knew you were so very wrong. It's the same as they've mentioned PvE-slider and any other feature that isn't planned or in the game.

Adding features that weren't listed as a feature is blatant feature creep. We've already gone over why those 3 in particular matter, so I'll refer you to those posts on that.
    LMFAO, okay. first yeah you are right, i did miss that i had said in the Stretch-goals in one paragraph and not others, which were the ones i read as i did not re-read everything i wrote, since i only come here once a week, so that's my bad.

but please do not think that means you won this argument, because your argument was not about the semantics of whether or not the features were in the Stretchgoals, your argument was that there was feature-creep since the end of the Stretch-goals in 2014. haha. you do get that, right? O.o so even though i misspoke, you are literally still wrong. also, these "certain scenarios" are official shows from the company itself, where they told backers of their intent with features and such and even showcased them (as shown in the video where they showcase a prototype for what would become FOIP back in 2013), so yeah, it's official. haha, that was not a fan made video, that was CIG themselves showcasing what they were going to add.

they even had blogs on the old site that they shared with backers of additions that the devs signaled they were going to add outside of the ones that they wanted the backers to vote on with their wallets through the Stretch-goals. bruh, you can't be this obtuse. there are so many dev blogs of features that the devs were going to add after the Kick-starter ended but before the end of the Stretchgoals in 2014. wait, does feature-creep in your mind constitute anything not mentioned specifically in the stretch-goals, even though i mentioned "since the end of 2014" or "the end of the Stretch-goals in 2014" many times? so all the videos, dev blogs, newsletters don't count as features that the devs intend to add to the game and are just feature-creep? YIKES! wow...bruh...smh.

don't worry thought, i will still leave a spot for you on my bench in-game (ArcCorp btw), which now i see was also not explicitly mentioned in the Stretch-goals by the devs, so in your honor i will now refer to it as the bench of feature-creep.

(as an aside, you do also know that mentioning the PvE/P-slider does not bolster your argument as one, it was a planned feature, two, it was subsequently removed so it's an example of feature death and three, it was mentioned in other dev media like blogs and videos so it was not an after-thought feature or one just mentioned in passing and had significant impact on the player and server architecture. /shrug)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It is quite amusing to see such a dunk. A double dunk even. I don't get it, why do they act like they speak for this company as if it matters? I get defending a side but don't act like it is your company under fire.
    this will not age well, hahaha.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2020-06-14 at 10:51 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

when it's ready.
    Majestic hasn't even played in years, so idk how much weight his opinion of gameplay actually carries.
    LMFAO, okay. first yeah you are right, i did miss that i had said in the Stretch-goals in one paragraph and not others, which were the ones i read as i did not re-read everything i wrote, since i only come here once a week, so that's my bad.

but please do not think that means you won this argument, because your argument was not about the semantics of whether or not the features were in the Stretchgoals, your argument was that there was feature-creep since the end of the Stretch-goals in 2014. haha. you do get that, right? O.o so even though i misspoke, you are literally still wrong. also, these "certain scenarios" are official shows from the company itself, where they told backers of their intent with features and such and even showcased them (as shown in the video where they showcase a prototype for what would become FOIP back in 2013), so yeah, it's official. haha, that was not a fan made video, that was CIG themselves showcasing what they were going to add.
    Buddy, I responded to your post and I am 100% right.

There was feature creep. They added features continuously some of which have severily impacted the development time.
    You tried to dispel this argument with your response.

Player plots on surfaces(planets, moons, asteroids) came straight out of the blue, and they immediately started selling for $100 a pop.

They could've easily waited after launch before expanding the scope. Since they didn't, we now have no game.

Btw, PvE-slider is perfectly legitimate to bring up. The point is that with the way you folks argue about "CIG talked about x or y" they can literally expand the scope until a 2030 release with practically anything. CIG in the early days had so many talkshows, frequently at that.

Regardless, thanks for being honest.

On another note, here's the Chris Roberts quote for the week:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts
    "We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale."
    - Chris Roberts 2012

- Development of Star Citizen started in 2011.
    - CIG used tons of contractors during the early years.
    - CIG started serious in-house development 2015.
    - CryTek's employees was a huge stroke of luck, without them the project would've already been dead.
    - Star Citizen and SQ42 were both going to release in 2014.
    - Why did Star Citizen or SQ42 not release in 2014/2015/2016/2017, with them moving the release date one year at a time for SQ42? Feature creep plus incompetence.

The contractor vs. in-house development costs are laid out perfectly in the financials.

So, for anyone who says that "development didn't start until year x" that is not 2011 is not only objectively wrong, but Chris Roberts disagrees with you.

I think Kenn uses 2017 now for the record.

Therefore, we can conclude that CIG completely deserves all the flak they get in the gaming community. They really shot themselves in the foot with their aggrrssive marketing as well as their incompetent manager, Chris Roberts.

Stay tuned for another blast of the past soon: The original Star Marine failure! This is one of my favourite topics, as this is where I finally realized something was very wrong and turned against CIG.