Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Nothing like starting with 2 lies in the tittle to set the tone and attract some flies, I mean clicks.

Free publicity is still free publicity. If you ever wonder why Star Citizen keeps getting new players and funding keeps growing this is one of the reasons.
    The title is definitely designed to bring in clicks. Content is correct though.

Spreading awareness about the history of the project like they do in the video is a great thing. Not for funding like you believe, but to warn people of the sinking ship.

I should write a blast of the past story of that dude who quit after Chris wanted to scrap all the work. Further example of Chris' mismanagement. He has people work for 1.5 years for nothing because he can't manage for shit. If I remember correctly, that dude's resignation statement leaked. It's actually a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The title is definitely designed to bring in clicks. Content is correct though.

Spreading awareness about the history of the project like they do in the video is a great thing. Not for funding like you believe, but to warn people of the sinking ship.

I should write a blast of the past story of that dude who quit after Chris wanted to scrap all the work. Further example of Chris' mismanagement. He has people work for 1.5 years for nothing because he can't manage for shit. If I remember correctly, that dude's resignation statement leaked. It's actually a good read.
    Wasnt there a story about a dude spending 4 months into designing cloth/armor system like that in Kingdom Come: Deliverence, because Chris saw that and thought it would be cool? Despite the dev telling him it would not be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Wasnt there a story about a dude spending 4 months into designing cloth/armor system like that in Kingdom Come: Deliverence, because Chris saw that and thought it would be cool? Despite the dev telling him it would not be possible?
    Don't remember that one, but it's likely.

On another note, here is an update from Ulf-CIG regarding the SQ42 video:

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf-CIG
    Hello,

We are still working on the Squadron 42 Update video we mentioned in a previous "This Week in Star Citizen" post. The reason for the delay, as we have stated before, is that it didn’t live up to our standards, so we went back, captured additional b-roll, and also re-shot some of the content. We are aware that many are eagerly waiting for the video to arrive, but we won’t publish it before we believe it’s ready.

In the video (because I've seen a couple of speculative posts about the content), we are checking in with Brian Chambers and some of the developers to see what they are currently working on.
    Community isn't too happy with the response. Drama links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen..._dev_response/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...-update-video/

Man, Spectrum these past 6 months has been a theme park for me with all the negativity towards the project. I can't get enough of it.

Don't remember that one, but it's likely.

On another note, here is an update from Ulf-CIG regarding the SQ42 video:

Man, Spectrum these past 6 months has been a theme park for me with all the negativity towards the project. I can't get enough of it.
    I love how they try to pretend shooting a new video of content that is supposed to exist should take this long.

Turns out creating custom assets for a video that does not represent the product (because the product barely exists) is taking longer then expected.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I love how they try to pretend shooting a new video of content that is supposed to exist should take this long.

Turns out creating custom assets for a video that does not represent the product (because the product barely exists) is taking longer then expected.
    I mean...it can, yeah. If they're looking for specific shots, re-staging those shots takes some time, plus time to capture, plus editing etc.

I don't think it's a particularly good look for them, but there's nothing particularly nefarious about it.

Gamers like to complain about pointless things like you case and point, there is negativity about every single game and the amount towards CiG is so small its not even worth mentioning, you will use anything you can to try and validate your own dislike for the project.

CiG have stated on many occasions if something is not right they wont release it, an update video is not different, suck it up buttercup because the SC community doesnt really care.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Gamers like to complain about pointless things like you case and point, there is negativity about every single game and the amount towards CiG is so small its not even worth mentioning, you will use anything you can to try and validate your own dislike for the project.
    So small it is not even worth mentioning yet I'll take some time to reply and point out this fact.

- - - Updated - - -

CiG have stated on many occasions if something is not right they wont release it, an update video is not different, suck it up buttercup because the SC community doesnt really care.
    Fact: You do not speak for the SC community.
    Fiction: You THINK you speak for the SC community.

Imagine posting that thinking you speak for anyone but yourself. Yikes.

1. Gamers are also the people who actually paid for this project to become reality. Consumer has rights as well, which cannot be waved away with "they are just always complaining so it does not count".
    2. Kyanion already said it, but - why do you even think you speak for the whole community? Sure, we can call Reddit vocal minority, but even that numbers in quite serious number of people. That alone proves you do not speak for the community. Said community is not a singular blob with the same wishes and the same way of thinking. Same goes for the game's forum users too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Imagine posting that thinking you speak for anyone but yourself. Yikes.
    Your the one claiming to speak for the whole CIG community claiming everything you say is fact when its just a theory, if the community really was not happy why are there not more posts than the current handful that is not even worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    1. Gamers are also the people who actually paid for this project to become reality. Consumer has rights as well, which cannot be waved away with "they are just always complaining so it does not count".
    2. Kyanion already said it, but - why do you even think you speak for the whole community? Sure, we can call Reddit vocal minority, but even that numbers in quite serious number of people. That alone proves you do not speak for the community. Said community is not a singular blob with the same wishes and the same way of thinking. Same goes for the game's forum users too.
    Gamers find anything to complain about thats just fact, plus reddit is not where the star citizen community is.

There is barely 100 replies in any post that has any sort of complaining in it, and not all those posts are actually complaining about something, so out of 2.7 million accounts a few hundred posts are not the community.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-24 at 11:18 PM.

Your the one claiming to speak for the whole CIG community claiming everything you say is fact when its just a theory, if the community really was not happy why are there not more posts than the current handful that is not even worth mentioning.
    Dude you were the one that JUST TRIED TO SPEAK FOR THE COMMUNITY. Not even an hour ago!

suck it up buttercup because the SC community doesnt really care.
    Remember??

- - - Updated - - -

There is barely 100 replies in any post that has any sort of complaining in it, and not all those posts are actually complaining about something, so out of 2.7 million accounts a few hundred posts are not the community.
    You know what the community is? The silent majority. That's who. It is true in any game.

Also, if the community is so small in reddit and here on mmo-champ why do you try so hard?

Gamers find anything to complain about thats just fact, plus reddit is not where the star citizen community is.

People complain about everything, you mean? And why not? Nothing would have ever been achieved if people havent complained, ever.

Once more - you spoke for everyone. Which by default is false. You do not.
    Second again - silent majority, vocal minority. The Reddit and the forums, even this thread are the latter. Just because majority do not speak does not mean they are automatically 100% supportive of the development process and the inability to push out a video after 3 months. And yes, Reddit is the community too, the separate, dedicated subreddit is exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    People complain about everything, you mean? And why not? Nothing would have ever been achieved if people havent complained, ever.

Once more - you spoke for everyone. Which by default is false. You do not.
    Second again - silent majority, vocal minority. The Reddit and the forums, even this thread are the latter. Just because majority do not speak does not mean they are automatically 100% supportive of the development process and the inability to push out a video after 3 months. And yes, Reddit is the community too, the separate, dedicated subreddit is exactly that.
    I didnt speak for everyone i gave a simple fact if the community was that bothered about it there would be more than a handful of posts about it.

Majestic is the one making false claims saying the community isnt happy when he has no clue about anything.

Reddit is irrelevant because complaining on a forum not part of the actual company serves no purpose, post on the actual game forum to complain about something or its pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reddit is irrelevant because complaining on a forum not part of the actual company serves no purpose, post on the actual game forum to complain about something or its pointless.
    By that logic everything positive that is said outside of a company-forum is also pointless, sooooo eh... you sure you wanna go down that road?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    By that logic everything positive that is said outside of a company-forum is also pointless, sooooo eh... you sure you wanna go down that road?
    Seems you have no logic to begin with, if you complain about something on a platfrom nothing to do with the game then nothing changes, if you complain on the correct platform then at least there is a chance for something to happen or at least get information.

Thats why spectrum exists to ask questions where devs can easily see and decide to answer it or not, reddit will not give you the answers you seek.

The people moaning about SC in this thread dont really care about the positive things said about SC anyway.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-25 at 12:32 AM.

Seems you have no logic to begin with, if you complain about something on a platfrom nothing to do with the game then nothing changes, if you complain on the correct platform then at least there is a chance for something to happen or at least get information.

Thats why spectrum exists to ask questions where devs can easily see and decide to answer it or not, reddit will not give you the answers you seek.

The people moaning about SC in this thread dont really care about the positive things said about SC anyway.
    The thread here (and the subreddit) exist to discuss SC with these specific communities. Someone on MMO-C made this thread to spread the word about the game, and this thread continues on a million years later because a portion of the MMO-C community is clearly passionate about the project in one way or another.

Sure, CiG isn't going to see this thread. Or maybe they are. It wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Anderson has to send them a weekly synopsis at this point. That's not why this thread is here, though. Nobody is discussing the game here to affect change. At least, not change at the development level.

Hearts and minds, Kenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    The thread here (and the subreddit) exist to discuss SC with these specific communities. Someone on MMO-C made this thread to spread the word about the game, and this thread continues on a million years later because a portion of the MMO-C community is clearly passionate about the project in one way or another.

Sure, CiG isn't going to see this thread. Or maybe they are. It wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Anderson has to send them a weekly synopsis at this point. That's not why this thread is here, though. Nobody is discussing the game here to affect change. At least, not change at the development level.

Hearts and minds, Kenn!
    These threads are not usually best to discuss games as you can see already in this thread, when was the last time someone actually said something about the game.

These threads are not usually best to discuss games as you can see already in this thread, when was the last time someone actually said something about the game.
    Don't play the victim either. You don't talk about the game either, you're too busy trying to defend it.

These threads would be totally different if the defense force were amicable to seeing faults in the game. The thread is largely the way it is because people like yourself have no interest in discussing the mistakes or pitfalls or looking at where improvements cans be made.

If a person's go-to is to defend at all costs regardless of how miniscule the slight is, is it any wonder that no discussion can be had?

I don't know why you think the conversation has to be gated to merely gameplay. If it did, there would be precious little to talk about at this point, yeah?

That's probably why the focus of discussion is on development, rather than gameplay. There just isn't that much to discuss "in game". Or on the PU.

To be fair, I do really enjoy Val's write ups of his play sessions. They don't paint a great picture, though.