Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    You should get a life. Who the fuck cares about imaginary story made by a random dude? Life matters.
    Why read books? Why watch movies? Why watch series? Why play video games? Because people find it interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should get a life. Who the fuck cares about imaginary story made by a random dude? Life matters.

Seroisly, soo much money because losers and idiots are being delusional and easily manipulated with promises, which will never happend. Devs are only excited because of the money, you get excited only because they tell you promises made of money-excitement.

All of you will play alpha-beta alot, lose all your work because of the wipe, and then play maybe for 1 month after release. Then you will say to yourself: "I have wasted soo much lifetime on this shit".
    My first hand impression of what the flight mechanics and combat actually feels like tells me a whole different story than it being a cash grab hit and run full of empty promises. Only thing i am still not sure if they will manage is the non flight bits of this game but the rest i am confident in that i will get a high quality space sim.

10+ Year Old Account

Seroisly, soo much money because losers and idiots are being delusional and easily manipulated with promises, which will never happend. Devs are only excited because of the money, you get excited only because they tell you promises made of money-excitement.

All of you will play alpha-beta alot, lose all your work because of the wipe, and then play maybe for 1 month after release. Then you will say to yourself: "I have wasted soo much lifetime on this shit".
    Have you ever read a book? Why are you on mmo-champions, a video game website, when you think liking the story of a game is a waste of a life? Entertainment matters.

I've been backing this game since kickstarter, when they weren't getting millions of dollars and the devs were excited as hell back then too. The only think the money has done is given them more ways of spreading all of the information, giving them a higher budget for hiring more people, and not having to pay a publisher. So far they have been pretty spot on with their promises.

I've played a lot of alphas/betas and I never get bored after the wipe because I then start playing it for a different reason. The alpha/beta is for testing the game and finding bugs/other issues to make the final game release smooth and more fun. Then when the game comes out you get to enjoy it and focus more on the story and other aspects of the game instead of bugs.This is a MMO so it's not like you are playing through the single player, and then playing the same single player over again. Multiplayer will never be the same the second time through. I'm guessing, to you, anything other than working is a waste of life, so I would love to know what you do in your free time, and what you do to relieve stress that is so important.

I got to play a little bit of the multiplayer, sadly there was a bug that was preventing me from using the targeting system so I was having to lead my targets manually while they were locking on to me. Needless to say I died a lot and got no kills, but holy shit this game is gorgeous. Without all of the clutter from the UI you realize how much work really wen't into what they are doing. The visual effects of you hitting a target, and the graphic fidelity of the enemies even when they are far away is astounding. I really hope they do a complete reworking of the UI, because they are covering up a lot of how beautiful this game is.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-07-03 at 12:20 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently gave this a go, its alright, look forward to seeing how it goes, I only backed a small amount so not too fussed. Still years away from being ready.

With udpate 12.4 rolled out last night, a new game mode for Arena Commander was enabled, Squadron Battle. Sounds like a cool game mode.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...Battle-Enabled

The other big news in that, as of this morning, the update adds a brand new shiny game mode: Squadron Battle! In Squadron Battle you can team up with three other players and take on an opposing team in a head-to-head deathmatch. Each team starts with 100000 ‘tickets’ and as your team takes damage/loses you’ll lose tickets! Lose all your tickets and the game will enter Final Kill mode. When that happens all the enemy have to do is take out one of your team and they win, so you’ll have to work hard as a team to make sure that doesn't happen, take their remaining tickets and put them down before they can put you down. It’s our take on Team Deathmatch and we've been having great fun in the office playing it, we hope you will too. Squadron Battle is available to all #60,000 backers as soon as the update goes live so team up and get playing!

Around the 'Verse Ep 4 has been released.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...erse-Episode-4

Still a good, informative show; but it will certainly take a while for it to find it's feet before it can rise to the same level of greatness as Wingman's Hanger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Around the 'Verse Ep 4 has been released.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...erse-Episode-4

Still a good, informative show; but it will certainly take a while for it to find it's feet before it can rise to the same level of greatness as Wingman's Hanger.
    Will get better with time. The first Wingman's Hangar was hilariously bad as well.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-07-03 at 07:29 PM.

You're trying too hard.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Here's a sneak peak of one of the Planetside modules...

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post

Oh my God! That looks awesome! I'm so hyped for the FPS module now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks solid but I do hope they get some staff who are actually good at designing character movement and can tweak the controls better, I find the character movement is really quite clunky and it's something they will need to improve before putting it live.

They've upped the count to 200,000 people!

GETTIN GOOD FEELZ.
    I am happy I backed this game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They've upped the count to 200,000 people!
    Yup, wont be long now until every backer have MP access if they can increase it with 170,000 people in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

GETTIN GOOD FEELZ.
    Since when did Los Angeles 2019 get it's own district in Star Citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yup, wont be long now until every backer have MP access if they can increase it with 170,000 people in one day.
    Too bad: my Citizen number is 25####; will be at least a month before I will get access.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel so sorry for Travis Day; he must be going through a difficultly mid-life crisis right now. I feel his pain!

A month? I wouldn't be surprised if we get multiplayer access by the end of next week (I'm about 230k).

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    [image]
    GETTIN GOOD FEELZ.
    Uh wut? Who posted that as being SC art? That is clearly something for Blade Runner and is 4 years old.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

What is exciting about this? It's just a character walking around (with a really bad walking animation btw) for 30 seconds?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...steroid-Hangar

Some great info on the development of the Asteroid Hangar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    What is exciting about this? It's just a character walking around (with a really bad walking animation btw) for 30 seconds?
    That particular sneak peak was not released as its own video meant to hype things, its nothing more than a sneak peak of a WIP aspect cut out of a community show created by CIG being around 30 minutes long in total by some fan and not released by CIG as press material.

Its not much to be excited about at this point and should be taken at face value for what it is and nothing more, being a short clip about WIP content.