Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You gotta hand it to CIG, their "pre rendered" videos are really good. Now if only the game worked like that.
    Oh come on, you just have to use your imagination. Because all of this stuff WILL be in the game at some point in the future, kenn has said so. I'd rather see the real video of the things not functioning or not being in the game yet or bumping into terrain, or exploding when the door opens, you know the REAL SC experience.

I will say, props to them on continuing to add ships to that cash shop. That is the one part of the game that runs like clockwork on getting new ships out to siphon money away from people. I mean sure don't expect all the ships shown on the cash shop to actually you know, work and stuff. But they look pretty?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-21 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh come on, you just have to use your imagination. Because all of this stuff WILL be in the game at some point in the future, kenn has said so. I'd rather see the real video of the things not functioning or not being in the game yet or bumping into terrain, or exploding when the door opens, you know the REAL SC experience.
    Honestly, watching that video made me wish a game like that actually existed. CIG has been great at those. Remember the sandworm video? Fucking epic. . . . I think that was the video where they had to admit that their videos were not from in game, but scripted and pre rendered in a completely different engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm worth replying to apparently, so thanks for that confidence boost.

And this is what people with absolutely no business sense or project management skills to speak of say. Or zealots. The end result is absolutely NOT all that matters. The amount of money and time it takes to get there is absolutely relevant, and should be taken into account.

Thanks for being honest about only being interested in spreading your garbage with no intention of actually discussing it in good faith. As I said before, I would save time by ignoring you, but your posts are such a source of entertainment, I just can't help myself.
    It eventually gets boring to argue with posters who just post in bad faith all the time so there is no point discussing any further, if you dont like the project why are you here just to post comments about how you dont like anything about it.

The end result is all that matters, if its good then who cares how much was spent, other games have spent the same or far more and have delivered much less than what SC is aiming to give the players, any company of similar size is going to spend the same no matter what they are developing. SC is constantly getting new backers and making more money than ever so obviously its doing things right if ppl still want to give money to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I don't know, I think there may have been quite a few companies that dared to scam their customers by promising something they can't deliver already.
    Just saying SC is a scam just shows you have no intention of delivering anything constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty much confirmed that you did read the post above. Ouch.

I've never seen anyone been this destroyed on this site before. Holy moly.
    I dont even need to look at any posts from them, its the same stuff they have said hundreds of pages before, they bring nothing constructive or new to any discussion, its just a case of them wanting the game to burn and die and they are just here waiting to melt some marshmallows and feel that the hate they have is justified.

There is no logical reason to actively hate a game company or game being developed, in fact you should be hoping for its success so other game companies can follow and give the gamers even better games. A games failure is actually bad for all gamers and not just the ones that are interested in that game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-21 at 07:21 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It eventually gets boring to argue with posters who just post in bad faith all the time so there is no point discussing any further...
    This... is ironic.

It eventually gets boring to argue with posters who just post in bad faith all the time so there is no point discussing any further
    Hey go back and read some of the comments that linked things you've said. Bad faith indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

if you dont like the project why are you here just to post comments about how you dont like anything about it.
    Because I can post what I want, when I want and how I want on these forums as long as I follow the rules of the site. I am very critical of this shitshow of a game with the robust cash shop that has been in development hell for many many years. If you want an echo chamber then you are on the wrong fucking site.

- - - Updated - - -

The end result is all that matters
    That is all that matters, TO YOU.

- - - Updated - - -

other games have spent the same or far more and have delivered much less than what SC is aiming to give the players
    Aiming to give after what 8-9 years. Still aiming! The difference is you are comparing a CROWDFUNDED game to what other companies are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    This... is ironic.
    I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    JPEG: The Game.

I swear the stuff is designed to 'look pretty' but many things on the cash shop just aren't in the game or do not function. So you get to look at some of it, that's it.
    Hater: The Game.

So desperate to spread lies, cute.

Cutlass ship is just one of 100+ playable vehicles in Star Citizen. More than double of many "released" games.

These jpegs are fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

Cutlass ship is just one of 100+ playable vehicles in Star Citizen. More than double of many "released" games.
    Are you saying that everything on the cash shop can be purchased and used in game? How many things can be purchased and used and how many of them can not be used? You do realize I used the word 'many' when saying things cannot be used. I was not lying at all, because it is known that there are things on that cash shop you can purchase and NOT USE IN GAME.

Where is the lie in what I said? Please point it out to me.

- - - Updated - - -

And it has one of the largest cash shops, more than double and triple the size of many "released" games. What is your fucking point?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-05-21 at 07:46 PM.

Also the Razor Crest from The Mandalorian resembles the Cutlass Black:
    Rofl, no it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account

Yet, not a single one is feature complete. LoL

Which ship can you house 50 crew with unique jobs? LoL just kidding, I know its none of them. But atleast you can get in them and fly tho rite! NeVeR bEeEnNNn dUn b4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yet, not a single one is feature complete. LoL

Which ship can you house 50 crew with unique jobs? LoL just kidding, I know its none of them. But atleast you can get in them and fly tho rite! NeVeR bEeEnNNn dUn b4!!!!
    It is so amazing right? They look sooo amazing when you take a video or picture of them flying around, woo! But then you realize that they can't do what they are advertised to do because many features aren't in the fucking game. Such a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do you... Do you think this is a positive? For a game that is barely in alpha?!

This is genuinely disgusting practice and you're spinning it as a good thing? People like you are far too blind and deep into this nonsense to realise anything but warped positives for this game. I actually pity you because this is just sad.
    The sad thing is that he DOES think it is a good thing. As long as suckers keep buying them and filling the coffers so the game gets kicked a bit further down the road he's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Rofl, no it doesn't.
    Well, kind off:

No surprise there designers who've worked on Star Citizen also worked on Star Wars / Mandalorian and many other sci-fi movies so there's plenty of inspiration flying around.

New ISC shows a lot of new goodies, namely the new ship, planets, homesteads and the new floating city Orison.

And with Invictus Event in full swing funding is picking up, $2Million in 2 days, not to shabby.

Even John Cena is impressed.

Coming Soon
    Soon? LOL! They are even worse at Blizzard with that term.

Even John Cena is impressed.
    That doesn't look like being 'impressed'.

It eventually gets boring to argue with posters who just post in bad faith all the time so there is no point discussing any further,
    The irony here is palpable.....OMG.

if you dont like the project why are you here just to post comments about how you dont like anything about it.
    I've never said anything about not liking Star Citizen, my comments have always been about how I feel they're managing the project; timelines, dates, scope creep, commitments, priorities, etc...

The end result is all that matters
    Objectively false, for any company who actually cares about managing their project appropriately.

if its good then who cares how much was spent
    Uh, you should. And so should everyone else. CIG and Chris Roberts should not just get a free pass to spend literally as much as they want to create their game. That's horrible management of money and resources.

, other games have spent the same or far more and have delivered much less
    Those other games are released, that's a MUCH bigger deal than you seem to think it is.

than what SC is aiming to give the players
    I don't particularly care what they AIM to give players, but what they ACTUALLY give players. And, IMO, they really haven't delivered all that much besides pretty pictures and a flashy demo. None of the systems are 100% completed, or feature complete. That says a lot this far into development.

If you're happy with it, fine, more power to you. I sure as hell am not.

any company of similar size is going to spend the same no matter what they are developing.
    We'll have to wait and see I suppose, until we know what the final price tag of the fully realized and released version of SC actually is. But what I'm doing is comparing games that have cost a similar amount of money and time and seen what they have delivered vs what SC has delivered with that same metric. SC isn't measuring up very well.

SC is constantly getting new backers and making more money than ever so obviously its doing things right if ppl still want to give money to it.
    That just means it's able to get more people with more money than sense to give more money. That really doesn't speak to how "right" they are as far as game development or project management is concerned. It speaks to Chris ability to get money from people, that's all I really take from them continuing to get more and more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, kind off:

No surprise there designers who've worked on Star Citizen also worked on Star Wars / Mandalorian and many other sci-fi movies so there's plenty of inspiration flying around.
    Not trying to be too nitpicky here, but in that very first image of "The Mercenary" it says in that shot, at the bottom, that it's Fan Art specifically based on The Mandalorian and was put together using in-game shots from Star Citizen. So, this was not Star Citizen designers, it was fans.

Well, kind off:

[/IMG]
    What you trying to say?
    CIG can't make their won designs and ideas so they are copying others?

SC will be the new star wars?
    What is your point?

snip
    There is no set timeframe of the development of a game, it takes as long as it takes to get developed. There is no set money for making a game it just costs what it costs.

Its better to delay until a project is actually ready to be released, and what did you expect, chris roberts has stated it himself he will not release anything that is not ready, dont back a project unless your 100% all in for it.

The final release version is all that matters, thats just a simple fact, in the end noone cares about how much it cost or how long it took, once its in the players hands all that matters is that the game is enjoyable and has most of what it was trying to offer the playerbase.

Not trying to be too nitpicky here, but in that very first image of "The Mercenary" it says in that shot, at the bottom, that it's Fan Art specifically based on The Mandalorian and was put together using in-game shots from Star Citizen. So, this was not Star Citizen designers, it was fans.
    But in SC you can do anything, man!!! The dream!

- - - Updated - - -

has most of what it was trying to offer the playerbase.
    Not all? Did the scope change and compromises take place? Or are you just speaking for CIG as you like to do and assuming it will have close to everything promised.

There is no set timeframe of the development of a game, it takes as long as it takes to get developed. There is no set money for making a game it just costs what it costs.

Its better to delay until a project is actually ready to be released, and what did you expect, chris roberts has stated it himself he will not release anything that is not ready, dont back a project unless your 100% all in for it.

The final release version is all that matters, thats just a simple fact, in the end noone cares about how much it cost or how long it took, once its in the players hands all that matters is that the game is enjoyable and has most of what it was trying to offer the playerbase.
    None of this is true. Most of this is feelings. Argue with your brain, not your heart. Every game ever made had a schedule and a budget. Why you think that isn't the case baffles me.

It's also better to put the horse before the cart. Just like its better to have an actual working game before you add on to it. Or to actually give your backers the items you sold them working as promised before adding more shit to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You say a lot of stupid shit, this is just another example.

I don't think you'd find anyone that backed SC and totally expected it to still be so far away, especially when it had an original delivery date for the project on it that was already several years ago.
    Its just common sense to only back something you are 100% about, you would have to be stupid otherwise, you say the most unlogical things.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's also better to put the horse before the cart. Just like its better to have an actual working game before you add on to it. Or to actually give your backers the items you sold them working as promised before adding more shit to sell them.
    If you back a game by CR and knew his rep from freelancer, you knew what you were getting into from the start, you dont need to buy the game before its released.

Thing is, nobody would care if Roberts was just spending his own money. If that was the case, then he could take 50 years and nobody would bat an eye. It is when you bring in outside investors/backers that it can become an issue as he actually has an obligation(yes, he can be sued for stating one thing and doing another) to produce what he states he is trying to produce.