Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I enjoy what's available in the present and make the best of it. I don't live stuck in the past or for the future.

You seem so caught up into hating this game that you need to obsess with past and future while ignoring what's available now. So to you this back and forth will never be more than an exercise of frustration while seeing the game getting better, followed and played and enjoyed by it's backers at an increasing rate year after year.

You've dug a deep trench of disgruntle over a video-game because "reasons". The only thing you'll take from this is maybe some basic game development knowledge and watching some cool Star Citizen videos. Not a great ratio of time-gameplay there but then again you probably don't enjoy gaming that much anymore.

Maybe why you feel rattled by those who do so fiercely.
    Translation: Please stop posting quotes and links from what CR and CIG have said, I have to deflect and dodge more!

Also if you think I ever watched a second of a single video in this thread, you are nutters. I love the dodge about the 2015 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    No actual response? Check.

Meaningless generalizations? Check.

Creating a strawman to argue against? Check.

Slinging insults based on nothing? Check.

Stay the course.
    It is what he deals in when there are direct quotes from CR/CIG. There is no defense for it and he knows it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    due to the simple fact the game didnt release in 2016
    Yeah cause they missed the date in 2016? LOL. Just like the backers didn't get what CR said they would in 2015. CR/CIG has a track record of lying

you have already been proven wrong that it was nothing to do with when SQ42 was being released, due to the simple fact the game didnt release in 2016 and they never once stated that the game was actually going to be released in 2016.

The only plan they had for 2016 was to have a mission playable for the citcon and thats it.
    You are presented with a triangle. The world tells you it has three sides. You insist it has four. This doesn't prove you right.

Finding lame excuses to hate on a game you don't like: Check.
    I don't hate the game at all. I'm critical of CiG. That has nothing to do with the quality of the game. I hope the game grows into the wonderful space-game-to-end-all-games they're promising. I don't think it's going to, but I really hope it does.

I don't hate the game at all. I'm critical of CiG. That has nothing to do with the quality of the game. I hope the game grows into the wonderful space-game-to-end-all-games they're promising. I don't think it's going to, but I really hope it does.
    Just like you could be of any other company or game. It's just negativity for the sake of negativity without anything constructive or even knowledgable. Useless and pointless waste of time. Like most of the "critics" posting here really.

Just like you could be of any other company or game. It's just negativity for the sake of negativity without anything constructive or even knowledgable. Useless and pointless waste of time. Like most of the "critics" posting here really.
    Why... do you think CiG should be above criticism? Without criticism, things don't improve. Grow up.

Why... do you think CiG should be above criticism? Without criticism, things don't improve. Grow up.
    What? Nothing posted here has an impact on any game, gaming company or a games development. You're very naive if you think otherwise.

What? Nothing posted here has an impact on any game, gaming company or a games development. You're very naive if you think otherwise.
    Do you think CiG should be above criticism?

If you want an echo chamber for 'feel good vibes' for a game in this long of a development hell, you're in the wrong place.

you have already been proven wrong that it was nothing to do with when SQ42 was being released, due to the simple fact the game didnt release in 2016 and they never once stated that the game was actually going to be released in 2016.

The only plan they had for 2016 was to have a mission playable for the citcon and thats it.

https://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming...-42-delayed/1/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6444340/

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/squad...oks-beautiful/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citize...2-release-date

Do you think CiG should be above criticism?
    Nothing and no one is above criticism. But to be able to criticize something meaningfully you need to fully grasp what you're criticizing. AKA being constructive and adding something more than what's already available. If not it ends up being just useless noise that nobody asked for. Which is mostly what's been happening in this thread.

Have a read into these articles:

> https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...ndustry-is-too
    > https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...he-angry-gamer

They go into that notion I've state before that: If you're ever, ever have just a limited knowledge of a subject - no matter what it is - and that's all you know, you have no place to sit there and try to break it down much less judge it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If you want an echo chamber for 'feel good vibes' for a game in this long of a development hell, you're in the wrong place.
    There's plenty of "feel good vibes" already. Feels good to be following the development of Star Citizen and playing as the game gets better and better. Only those who expected it to fail years after years are having a hard time coping with the fact that they were in the wrong. Ego stuff mostly.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-07-03 at 01:13 AM.

snip
    CiG never once stated SQ42 was going to be released in 2016, a year at the end of a video on a presentation is not proof of a release date, so no they have not missed any official release dates, and still even if they did they can do whatever they want to develop the game, all you have is your assumptions.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Nothing and no one is above criticism. But to be able to criticize something meaningfully you need to fully grasp what you're criticizing. AKA being constructive and adding something more than what's already available. If not it ends up being just useless noise that nobody asked for. Which is mostly what's been happening in this thread.
    Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Ego stuff mostly.
    You can't even make it one post, can you?

CiG never once stated SQ42 was going to be released in 2016, a year at the end of a video on a presentation is not proof of a release date, so no they have not missed any official release dates, and still even if they did they can do whatever they want to develop the game, all you have is your assumptions.
    A triangle doesn't have four sides because you insist that it does, no matter how many times you say it.

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    There's nothing to agree on though since it's a simple premise. If you read those articles you'll get even more context:

https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...ndustry-is-too
    #3. Game development is malleable, fan expectation is not.

A lot of things get cut during development. Sometimes it’s for technical limitations, sometimes it’s for budget limitations, sometimes it’s for licensing, most of the time it’s for scope and schedule. Anything that gets mentioned will be taken by somebody as a promise to deliver it, even though that particular feature might get cut. Even things that aren’t mentioned by the developers themselves can become memetic promises. Just look at the response to Mass Effect 3′s ending - one of the reasons that angry fans the world over broke out the torches and pitchforks was because they were promised 16 different endings, despite the fact that nobody from Bioware had actually explicitly mentioned the number of endings anywhere.

The hard core fans especially will take what the developers say as a promise, and we simply can’t make promises during development because features get cut all the time. This ends up becoming something of an arms race, because we have to watch what we say in public venues very carefully in order to avoid making promises. This causes the hard core fans to read over exactly what words were used and becoming forum lawyers, saying that since we didn’t EXPLICITLY SAY that we were doing feature A, that means we’re NEVER EVER GOING TO DO feature A and the game is doomed, and so on and so forth. Or they’ll call us liars or won’t believe us because we SAID we’d do feature B and we didn’t, and so we can never be trusted and we are the worst developers EVER and the game is doomed and so on and so forth. And then fans will call us liars for years because we promised.

This leads directly into…

#4. People don’t really understand game development, but think they do

It’s really really easy to be an armchair game developer. Everyone’s done it. But the general public is never going to have access to all of the information that the developers with which to make their decisions. In all honesty, however, gamers really don’t understand game development any more than diners understand how a restaurant is actually run. I don’t expect a diner to understand the subtleties in cooking technique or timing or organization that goes on in a restaurant kitchen. They might have some inkling about spices or flavor profiles, but even if they’ve done some cooking at home, there’s a whole messy world of organization and work in running a restaurant that is completely hidden from them… and I honestly believe that most diners don’t particularly care about those details. Similarly, I don’t really think that most gamers out there really care about the nitty-gritty of game development. They just want to know that the game they want is going to have the features that they want.
    Also: https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...he-angry-gamer
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-07-03 at 01:27 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/0bb4kBwa2iM

Chris goes into the upcoming updates. 3.14 is slated for testing later this month. 3.15 will bring in the medical gameplay as well as the new personal inventory system, with persistent storage to follow that once they can address the issues on the back end with the server not remembering where things are. Apparently AI improvements are in development but he didn't give an ETA on release, I guess players shredded him last night in game because a lot of the NPCs were standing on tables and doing nonsensical things (something that's been an issue for a few years now).

Chris has been working on some physics tech on the side that he's expecting to hit testing a few patches down the road that will allow for consistent collision detection with different types of clothes and armor. Server meshing is still being engineered but a lot of the work is in back end tech that they have to sort out. There's a few people from CIGs networking team working along with that developer from Montreal to get it done.

Squadron 42 is still being worked on (apparently) and he's going back to Manchester to oversee it's release for next year. Which annoys me because I was always under the impression that the game would release in segments. If the intention is to release one entire package, that would certainly explain the delays in finishing it. I'd hope that it means expanding the universe for SC will come more quickly once it is finished. Either way, maybe some light is finally at the end of that fucking tunnel, sheesh.

They go into that notion I've state before that: If you're ever, ever have just a limited knowledge of a subject - no matter what it is - and that's all you know, you have no place to sit there and try to break it down much less judge it.
    I think people can have plenty of reasons to be irritated with SC. They absolutely have made some communication errors and what not.

That being said we really do not need to hear "oh it is taking too long" "oh they said this and have not done it" "it will never work" "they are going to run out of funding in this year" "oh wait maybe next year look at this infallible graph I produced" and so on and so on and so on. No longer criticism just pure self indulgence and circlejerking. Why the mods are not putting a kosh to this shit show now is kind of pathetic. I think 600 pages of the same garbage over and over is quite enough.

Snake Oil In Space: The Game

more appropriate title

Please post productively. Critical posts are welcome, but should actually contribute to the discussion. Infracted. -Edge
    Snippet from page 180 5+ years ago(as far back as I can go without making any particular effort, the point being you can literally jump randomly through this thread and get the same drone). No really we do not need to hear this shit anymore, it is not interesting, it is not insightful, it is not useful to anyone and it is certainly not going to bring down the project or whatever the big plan is. These "opinions" were heard and acknowledged literally hundreds of pages and half a decade ago.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Squadron 42 is still being worked on (apparently) and he's going back to Manchester to oversee it's release for next year. Which annoys me because I was always under the impression that the game would release in segments. If the intention is to release one entire package, that would certainly explain the delays in finishing it. I'd hope that it means expanding the universe for SC will come more quickly once it is finished. Either way, maybe some light is finally at the end of that fucking tunnel, sheesh.
    When SC was first announced, there was just going to be the one SQ42 campaign. Then as stretch goals were added, they started talking about a trilogy of campaigns. Not sure if this meant that the campaign promised in the original kickstarter was being broken up into 3 episodes, or if the 2 new campaigns are going to be sequels to the original campaign that we were promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When SC was first announced, there was just going to be the one SQ42 campaign. Then as stretch goals were added, they started talking about a trilogy of campaigns. Not sure if this meant that the campaign promised in the original kickstarter was being broken up into 3 episodes, or if the 2 new campaigns are going to be sequels to the original campaign that we were promised.
    This being Star Citizen, the answer is probably yes, both at the same time. They'll have 3 episodes 3 times as large as in the original pitch. 9 times the campaign, fellas.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Nothing and no one is above criticism. But to be able to criticize something meaningfully you need to fully grasp what you're criticizing. AKA being constructive and adding something more than what's already available.
    Ah yes sure that is how the world works when criticism happens. People don't need to fully grasp shit. They can see something is a disaster from a mile away.

- - - Updated - - -

Only those who expected it to fail years after years are having a hard time coping with the fact that they were in the wrong. Ego stuff mostly.
    You're right it is fucking amazing how that game continues to generate money after failing to release year after year missing deadlines all the way. A fucking marvel, it really is. Nice insults though!

- - - Updated - - -

a year at the end of a video on a presentation is not proof of a release date, so no they have not missed any official release dates
    Mmhmm we've heard this before, you were wrong then and you're still wrong now.

- - - Updated - - -

and still even if they did they can do whatever they want to develop the game
    So just in case you are wrong (which you are) you then rush to defend something you don't think can happen! LOL!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm fine with more content down the road, I just expect the initial game to be extensive and that the subsequent releases for it to be more swiftly coming than the base game has been. And honestly, once all the core mechanics of the single player game are completed, there's a lot less to do from a design perspective when it comes to making expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    No longer criticism just pure self indulgence and circlejerking. Why the mods are not putting a kosh to this shit show now is kind of pathetic. I think 600 pages of the same garbage over and over is quite enough.
    Feel free to report posts then, most of us are not breaking forum rules here. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Why the mods are not putting a kosh to this shit show now is kind of pathetic. I think 600 pages of the same garbage over and over is quite enough.
    This thread has like 1.6 million views, and is perhaps the second most active thread on the MMO-C forum (the first being the Switch thread) outside of General WoW discussions or the General Offtopic/Politics subforums. I wonder how much ad revenue the owners of MMO-C have made off of this thread.