what's that? Oh, there's shit on the screens that are currently not utilized.
    So is that a screenshot thats not active in the current build then. Regardless if its not current or not when those screens have shit on them in bright ass blue your FOV is extremly limited, And in a game where they arnt going to allow you to go thirdperson thats gona be a huge weight on piloting int dogfights and such.

I'm not sure why you think that particular comment was specific to the one post. I am of course referring to your entire catalogue of bullshit.
    So you bring up previous posts that have no relation to the currents ones or the current discussion at hand just to take a chance to bash me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So is that a screenshot thats not active in the current build then. Regardless if its not current or not when those screens have shit on them in bright ass blue your FOV is extremly limited, And in a game where they arnt going to allow you to go thirdperson thats gona be a huge weight on piloting int dogfights and such.
    Considering the new hud would be less obtrusive and more informative than its current iteration, I find your assessment highly dubious. Not to mention you have zero flight time in the game thus far...

So you bring up previous posts that have no relation to the currents ones or the current discussion at hand just to take a chance to bash me?
    Is it wrong to establish a history? Not my fault that you've smashed your credibility into dust.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also worth noting that the windows go above, below and to the sides of you akin to a gunner pod on a bomber.

Crap quality video but displays the point well enough. (0:50 - 1:40)
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-08-29 at 04:37 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Considering the new hud would be less obtrusive and more informative than its current iteration,
    If the screenshot with the selfie is the new cockpit to come then i dont see how more information is going to help you when it takes up fully half of your view which is what im getting at. Also dont get why all the cockpits have to be a patchwork of struts connecting the different panes of what ever the transparent material is glass or plastic of some sort. Its like someone stretching a picture over multiple monitors but having them about 2 inchs away from eachother rather than sidebyside. Either go full transparent material or situate the cockpit inside the ship and have full walls of screens.

It's also worth noting that the windows go above, below and to the sides of you akin to a gunner pod on a bomber.
    It doesnt do to bad but id think having panels going in all directors above and below and to the sides limits your vision on shit going on in those directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the screenshot with the selfie is the new cockpit to come then i dont see how more information is going to help you when it takes up fully half of your view which is what im getting at. Also dont get why all the cockpits have to be a patchwork of struts connecting the different panes of what ever the transparent material is glass or plastic of some sort. Its like someone stretching a picture over multiple monitors but having them about 2 inchs away from eachother rather than sidebyside. Either go full transparent material or situate the cockpit inside the ship and have full walls of screens.

It doesnt do to bad but id think having panels going in all directors above and below and to the sides limits your vision on shit going on in those directions.
    There are different ships.... the Aurora (the one in said picture) is not a combat ship. It has small weapons, but it is mostly a starter transport/long distant flight ship. They refer to it as the budget ship because it is the least expensive one and is the one people will start with when they first buy the game at release. Those panels are there to show crucial information while flying (fuel, hull damage, shield strength, weapons status, etc...) so there is no way to put them without it taking up space somewhere. It's also hard to see in that picture because the background is so dark but you can see through the screens, and under/around them.

Then you have ships like the 300i which is a much faster and more mobile fighter. I couldn't find a great screen shot of the cockpit so here is a video:
    Go to about the 2 minute mark (all of the floating text is placeholder)
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-08-29 at 05:22 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The current HUD display (on the Aurora) gives a very boxed in effect which is amplified by the design of the cockpit.

While the WIP reduces that FoV reduction by a large margin.

At the same time, I'm a big fan of Elite's side panels that can help to add a tactical feeling to gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account

Who told you that? You can zoom out of the ship, not all that far but you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Nobody told him that, he's just winging it as usual. Or his "pro friends" who also told him there was a subscription fee told him that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Might be going out on a limb here but i think he is referring to not having a HUD for flying outside the ship when going third person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Might be going out on a limb here but i think he is referring to not having a HUD for flying outside the ship when going third person.
    The first think I thought about upon reading this is that it's like complaining that you can see 2 hands in the bottom of the screen of Skyrim to see what your doing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

This was quite the coincidence...

For attendees of DragonCon, RSI is giving out one week free play of Star Citizen Arena Commander. You get an Aurora starter ship. So if you want to try it out, download away.

And here's an awesome sneak preview taken from Dragoncon of the soon to be finished M50 commercial. I think it will be their best one yet...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-08-31 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    For attendees of DragonCon, RSI is giving out one week free play of Star Citizen Arena Commander. You get an Aurora starter ship. So if you want to try it out, download away.
    Nice, downloading it right now.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2014-09-01 at 11:03 AM.

what happened to no more goals.
    Then you would just complain they were taking more money without providing anything.

Tales of Citizens is coming back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Then you would just complain they were taking more money without providing anything.
    Haha touche.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap Star Citizen is awesome with a joystick. I picked up the Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS set today and got it all setup, played through some drone fights and found that despite having to adjust to the controls, it's a lot more functional then the keyboard and mouse for fighting in space. I managed to get to wave 11 before I had a game over, but each time I died my thrusters had been blown completely off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    If you want a prime example of that, look no further then Piranha Games, developers of MechWarrior Online. They are literally shoving their fists up the asses of BattleTech fans and screwing them over, two years of empty promises and almost a full year of no development and piss poor updates since the community went on a witch hunt for their lack of progress with developing the game. Now they are about to unveil a new project, one they probably used most of last year to get started on, then funneled revenue from MWO into a new project while stalling MWO's development. All I can say is that if there is any mention of the new title on these forums, the MWO community will be coming here and will shitcan the thread because it is what the developers deserve.

More businesses with these open community policies need to learn from RSI and how they have handled their community and the feedback that players offer. They say the customer is always and right and while I often don't agree with those sentiments, in the case of public testing of games right from the early stages of development, I think the players know what is best for a product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Tales of Citizens is coming back!
    Cheers for linking that , got a lot of info from watching both the Tales and Boot Camp vids.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Arena Commander v.9 is getting released tomorrow morning.. It's a major patch the brings the added features below. Can't wait.

Murray Cup Racing Mode: As shown at Gamescom, players can now race their pledge ships in a specially designed upper-atmospheric scenario!
    Vanduul Swarm Co-Op: Take on the alien hoards with a friend, or competitor!
    Flyable M50 and 350R: The M50 and the 350R have been readied for flight to kick off the race mode. These ships will now be flyable in all Arena Commander game modes.
    Private Matches: Tired of being matched with random players in AC? Private matches will let you play with friends!
    Friend Codes: We’re launching a code system for both private and public matches so you can connect with your wingmen.
    Leaderboards: Your performance in Arena Commander’s various modes will display on the RSI website and allow you to compare with others.
    Updated Ship Performance: We've increased the speed and acceleration of every ship. With this we’ve also reworked the afterburner mechanic to increase acceleration instead of top speed.
    HUD Update: We've overhauled the usability of the visor HUD interface so you can customize your ships systems much more easily in flight.
    New Hangars: We've remastered all of Star Citizen’s Hangars with the new forward-looking room system and added the Asteroid Hangar.
    New Pause Menu: Our refactored pause menu is a large step forward aesthetically, and will support new features like custom keybindings in the future. In the meantime we've included selectable profiles for the most common peripherals.
    6DOF: With the improvements to the IFCS and flight physics we are now ready to introduce 6DOF movement for an entirely new way to fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Arena Commander v.9 is now released. It is a 14 GB patch so I'll be waiting a bit to try it out though.

With it is the latest commercial for the M50...

Excited but I don't see any mention of SLI/Crossfire fixes yet