Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    This game is going to be the new Duke nukem forever, I Just feel it.
    It would have been out by now. That game was only in development for 12 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It would have been out by now. That game was only in development for 12 years.
    The Kickstarter happened in 2012 so not 12 years to begin with, and the project started with around 10 ppl, if you understood even the slightest bit of what it takes to develop a game like star citizen you would realise it needs a ton of time and lots of developers to make it, full development has been around 6 years for the game, some games take 8-9 years to develop with a company with 1000 plus staff, do you really expect a much larger game to be made with no staff and resources to be made faster when they built the company from the ground up.

Its plain stupid to expect a large scale MMO and a single player game to be made faster than some single player games, when a company starts from nothing and no staff, but then say well this company made a game in x time so why should star citizen take longer than a fully established studio.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-09-22 at 07:24 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

7+ Year Old Account
    If you only understood what it takes to develop a game like SC!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    some games take 8-9 years to develop with a company with 1000 plus staff
    And how many of those games were made with crowdfunded money?

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    And how many of those games were made with crowdfunded money?
    Doesnt matter if its crowdfunded or anything the money still comes from the same place, everyone should do the research prior to donating money to something, doesnt magically make it take less time to develop a game and build a company, they asked the backers if they wanted to expand the game further and thats what they got. The backers are getting a single player campaign and an MMO instead of just a single player game with some multiplayer.

Doesnt matter if its crowdfunded or anything the money still comes from the same place, everyone should do the research prior to donating money to something, doesnt magically make it take less time to develop a game and build a company, they asked the backers if they wanted to expand the game further and thats what they got. The backers are getting a single player campaign and an MMO instead of just a single player game with some multiplayer.
    I don't think anyone doing research would have found out at any point that 10 years later there would be no game :s
    Technically yes I guess all the money comes from the same place however I don't remember Rockstar, for example, asking for money on kickstarter to fund GTA5. Also I'm not entirely convinced that the backers are getting a single player game (that was just having the finishing touches applied several years ago) and an mmo...maybe a (not massive) multiplayer game in the end but when that will be, who the fuck knows?

The Kickstarter happened in 2012 so not 12 years to begin with, and the project started with around 10 ppl, if you understood even the slightest bit of what it takes to develop a game like star citizen you would realise it needs a ton of time and lots of developers to make it, full development has been around 6 years for the game, some games take 8-9 years to develop with a company with 1000 plus staff, do you really expect a much larger game to be made with no staff and resources to be made faster when they built the company from the ground up.

Its plain stupid to expect a large scale MMO and a single player game to be made faster than some single player games, when a company starts from nothing and no staff, but then say well this company made a game in x time so why should star citizen take longer than a fully established studio.
    Blah blah, cry whine blah. If you understood the slightest bit of how little your bullshit quibbling matters to the statement I made, you wouldn't have made it. SC started development in 2010. The kickstarter didn't start development. Sick of your garbage bullshit whining about things you're clearly ignorant of.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I don't think anyone doing research would have found out at any point that 10 years later there would be no game :s
    Technically yes I guess all the money comes from the same place however I don't remember Rockstar, for example, asking for money on kickstarter to fund GTA5. Also I'm not entirely convinced that the backers are getting a single player game (that was just having the finishing touches applied several years ago) and an mmo...maybe a (not massive) multiplayer game in the end but when that will be, who the fuck knows?
    If you did any research you would of known CR wants a more indepth game to make it as good as possible, and also when the community voted yes to expand the game that it would take even longer to develop, when you double or triple the size of a game. Its just a simple fact there is 2 games being developed, an MMO and a single player game so there is no requirement for you to be convinced there is one or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Blah blah, cry whine blah. If you understood the slightest bit of how little your bullshit quibbling matters to the statement I made, you wouldn't have made it. SC started development in 2010. The kickstarter didn't start development. Sick of your garbage bullshit whining about things you're clearly ignorant of.
    You cant develop a game with no money, resources or staff so development didnt really start in 2010, you are the one showing complete ignorance of basic things that are easy to understand, they needed the kickstarter to actually develop the game thats the whole point in a kickstarter because without money there is no game, full development is when they really start developing a game fully with having enough staff and tools to get things done and thats at most 6 years.

And why haven't they been able to finish the single player game yet?

You cant develop a game with no money, resources or staff so development didnt really start in 2010, you are the one showing complete ignorance of basic things that are easy to understand, they needed the kickstarter to actually develop the game thats the whole point in a kickstarter because without money there is no game, full development is when they really start developing a game fully with having enough staff and tools to get things done and thats at most 6 years.
    Uh huh. Sure thing champ. Use whatever qualifications you want to. If you're going with "only full development is the real development", DNF never actually entered development, and so they'd have put out an infinite amount of games in those 6 years. The game was never fully staffed, there was a lawsuit about underfunding, and finished 'nondevelopment' with 9 people. This is why your asinine quibbling just makes you look, well, like you always look. Ignorant (as always), fallibly pedantic (gee, apparently development isn't development), and caustic.

The Kickstarter happened in 2012 so not 12 years to begin with
    And as we all know that is NOT the start date of the project. Good ol lying kenn

- - - Updated - - -

if you understood even the slightest bit of what it takes to develop a game like star citizen
    Even the people making the fucking game don't realize what it takes to make a game like Star Citizen. Hence all the missed dates and being in year 12. Derp.

Uh huh. Sure thing champ. Use whatever qualifications you want to. If you're going with "only full development is the real development", DNF never actually entered development, and so they'd have put out an infinite amount of games in those 6 years. The game was never fully staffed, there was a lawsuit about underfunding, and finished 'nondevelopment' with 9 people. This is why your asinine quibbling just makes you look, well, like you always look. Ignorant (as always), fallibly pedantic (gee, apparently development isn't development), and caustic.
    You are just trying any angle you can to push your own ignorant agenda, if you dont have staff, tools, offices you cant actually develop a game, every other company has a few or all of the initial aspects you require to actually start development on a game, CiG didnt have anything at the start and took several years to build a company and tools to start the real development of the game. I actualy follow the development of the game and have an actual realistic expectation of how long things should take to develop, too many posters here think devs can scratch thier crystal balls and perfom impossible feats.

You are just trying any angle you can to push your own ignorant agenda, if you dont have staff, tools, offices you cant actually develop a game, every other company has a few or all of the initial aspects you require to actually start development on a game, CiG didnt have anything at the start and took several years to build a company and tools to start the real development of the game. I actualy follow the development of the game and have an actual realistic expectation of how long things should take to develop, too many posters here think devs can scratch thier crystal balls and perfom impossible feats.
    Yeah dude, for sure. You're the only one whose opinion matters. You sure know everything about development, which is why you're "following development" instead of actually working as a developer. Development totally only starts after 6 years of development. That's a completely "realistic" point of view. Or, you know, I'll just use the same criteria to judge both star citizen and DNF instead of crying about how unfair life is or whatever you're doing.

Yeah dude, for sure. You're the only one whose opinion matters. You sure know everything about development, which is why you're "following development" instead of actually working as a developer. Development totally only starts after 6 years of development. That's a completely "realistic" point of view. Or, you know, I'll just use the same criteria to judge both star citizen and DNF instead of crying about how unfair life is or whatever you're doing.
    It really is funny, in the time they initially promised in the Kickstarter that the game would be made he claims they needed years to get the company built. Like give me a fucking break

Full development only actually starts when they have the tools/staff and resources to actually do it so yes that is when the real development of a game actually happens, and no development started on the actual game until after the kickstarter when they had some money to actually start things, you have proven you have both unrealistic expectations on game development and a clear lack of understanding in the requirements to actually develop a game in the first place.

Its simple to understand, to develop a game you need money, game development tools, offices and staff, its obvious it will take longer when you dont start with these things, most games have previous tools to use, star citizen had to make most if not all of its own.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-09-22 at 11:14 PM.

full development has been around 6 years for the game
    ... and there we go again...

hes been working on this project since around 2011
    development didn't properly start till early 2013
    The game has only been in proper development for around 5 years
    The company was not fully manned until 2017, full development has only been going on the past 2 years
    in reality its been 7-8 years development which for a game of this scale is not really that long and within about a year SQ42 should be in the final polishing phase.
    You just can't really keep track of your own bullshit, do you?
    Ahahahaha!

Naturally the company aiming to release two games in 2014 had no resourcing of note prior to 2014.

This makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgot View Post
    Naturally the company aiming to release two games in 2014 had no resourcing of note prior to 2014.

This makes total sense.
    It was one game origionally with no planet tech, the community voted and the game then was pushed into 2 games including an MMO, some posters here seem to think its reasonable to just assume to make a single player game which was the origional game in the kickstarter and an MMO in just a few years, the game doubled/tripled in size and a hundred more ships have been added to the game, we are getting a more complete space experience now it just takes longer to develop, better to wait a longer time than never get another game even close to star citizen because if star citizen failed then no company would risk making it for decades.

It was one game origionally with no planet tech, the community voted and the game then was pushed into 2 games including an MMO, some posters here seem to think its reasonable to just assume to make a single player game which was the origional game in the kickstarter and an MMO in just a few years, the game doubled/tripled in size and a hundred more ships have been added to the game, we are getting a more complete space experience now it just takes longer to develop, better to wait a longer time than never get another game even close to star citizen because if star citizen failed then no company would risk making it for decades.
    Sounds like a classic case of gross mismanagement and another reason why, sometimes, you should just ignore your community.