Another year, another load of empty promises and content underdelivery.

Happy new year everyone!

I'm convinced Star Citizen became a money laundering scheme some time in 2018 because the amount of money they are supposedly getting doesn't pass my smell test of organic engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Another year, another load of empty promises and content underdelivery.

Happy new year everyone!

I'm convinced Star Citizen became a money laundering scheme some time in 2018 because the amount of money they are supposedly getting doesn't pass my smell test of organic engagement.
    It was obvious when Chris Roberts bought shares of Turbulent which is a website designer company and gave them the job of making server meshing and planet creation.
    WE neither have the new system they promised nor server meshing.

Chris Roberts pays to Turbulent and gets his cut from it so he can buy more gifts to his gardener Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    It was obvious when Chris Roberts bought shares of Turbulent which is a website designer company and gave them the job of making server meshing and planet creation.
    WE neither have the new system they promised nor server meshing.

Chris Roberts pays to Turbulent and gets his cut from it so he can buy more gifts to his gardener Sandy.
    i think server meshing is like bigfoot or santa
    a myth people want to believe in but we all know wont be true

the game was definitely a let down and i dont just mean by its quality but by the development direction. We were told "this will be the game" and over the years more and more has been added to that promise making it seem better and better but in reality its just giving them more work to be done and because of it the game development is suffering. It is like placing a bunch of accountants in charge of building a skyscraper.

Chris Roberts is a genius. He's basically making others pay for his 10+ years vacation for him, his family and hundreds of friends.

"I dont understand game development. But something seems strange about adding rivers one at a time, manually, at the pace of one per year, In a game that's supposed to feature hundreds of fully realized planets."

Man, I've really seen the criticism ramp up lately. There's some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    "I dont understand game development. But something seems strange about adding rivers one at a time, manually, at the pace of one per year, In a game that's supposed to feature hundreds of fully realized planets."

Man, I've really seen the criticism ramp up lately. There's some good stuff.

It seems that it isn't just you, as some are already blaming it on "raids" from the refunds sub, kek.
    Ahahahaha!

When it starts hitting you that "just like real life but in space!" might not be as fun as it sounds.

Also scroll in chat or a report function, when we hit one billion dollars?!?
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    When it starts hitting you that "just like real life but in space!" might not be as fun as it sounds.

Those features are in development for eight years now, they just don't meet Roberts' high quality standards yet.

That's amazing
    It's like ARK

Soon, just a little bit of polishing.

Ahahahaha!

"the system they've jumped into will get named after that player"

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD oh my god and there's whole three systems at the end of 2030, competition will be tough xDDDDDDDDDD

damn, funniest shit so far in 2023 :DDDDD

edit: " I'm not interested in having yearly updates" - xDDDDDDD yea, you're interested in decade..ly (is that a word?) updates LMAO :DDD

Here's to another great year for star citizen, damn I love this game <3
    Last edited by ldev; 2023-01-18 at 10:31 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

lol what happened to EleccyBub and Myobi?

Myobi is still here. He's banmebaby now. Myobi's old account was deleted. I think that happened when the new EU internet laws came into effect a few years ago. Lots of people's accounts got deleted and they had to make new accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Myobi is still here. He's banmebaby now. Myobi's old account was deleted. I think that happened when the new EU internet laws came into effect a few years ago. Lots of people's accounts got deleted and they had to make new accounts.
    Oh yes, his trademark brand of snarkiness, passive aggressiveness, ignorance, and disingenuous arguments is unmistakable

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Meh, you answered on what most probably is an alt of an alt of an alt account of the usual suspects around here since his last post was 3 years ago.

On topic the gigantic super duper technology that SC is promising with static server meshing is coming over on Blue Protocol.

Pretty revolutionary stuff Chris! Ops sorry, it's a different company again. Maybe ask them for GitHub or Gitlab access to see their code?

https://m.youtube.com/live/WBzLHAfiZ...e=share&t=1095

Coming next month and been developed over the course of a year not since forever and coming hopefully in the next decade....

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Meh, you answered on what most probably is an alt of an alt of an alt account of the usual suspects around here since his last post was 3 years ago.

On topic the gigantic super duper technology that SC is promising with static server meshing is coming over on Blue Protocol.

Pretty revolutionary stuff Chris! Ops sorry, it's a different company again. Maybe ask them for GitHub or Gitlab access to see their code?

https://m.youtube.com/live/WBzLHAfiZ...e=share&t=1095

Coming next month and been developed over the course of a year not since forever and coming hopefully in the next decade....
    Star Citizen is doing dynamic server meshing, static server meshing is just a stepping stone so maybe look into the games development to stop you from from being wrong about the game development, developing a space game MMO is the hardest game to develop that is why there is no space MMOs with full interior space ships and planets with cities on them.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Star Citizen is doing dynamic server meshing
    Sure it's coming, just keep giving them money. What's 12 years, they need more time! Give them money!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    stop you from from being wrong about the game development
    Lord knows nothing stops you from being wrong, despite quotes from yourself being posted contradicting shit you say.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Oh yes, his trademark brand of snarkiness, passive aggressiveness, ignorance, and disingenuous arguments is unmistakable
    You came back after 3 years of inactivity just to bump the thread that was inactive for over 2 weeks, right after falling into the second page just to call me snarky and passive aggressive... Christ, sweet irony, I guess I really must have left some kind of mark... sadly can't really say I remember you, from the post history sounds like the usual run-of-the-mill balls deep backer desperately trying to overcompensate with the same old unoriginal insults, meh.

I have to admit though, at least its a little bit more entertaining then those 40 minutes YouTube videos of people adding the word “tech” to every mundane thing to make it look special and unique, but it does beg the question, is Anderson ok? Vacations? Maternity leave? Fired?

... and without wanting to disappoint those who came here for it though, here's a small one on the amazing development of the impressive “elevator tech”, never seen or attempted by any other developer before:

Last edited by banmebaby; 2023-01-31 at 03:33 AM.
    Ahahahaha!

You came back after 3 years of inactivity just to bump the thread that was inactive for over 2 weeks, right after falling into the second page just to call me snarky and passive aggressive
    I know right, it was such a cute 'thread necro' on their part.

You came back after 3 years of inactivity just to bump the thread that was inactive for over 2 weeks, right after falling into the second page just to call me snarky and passive aggressive... Christ, sweet irony, I guess I really must have left some kind of mark... sadly can't really say I remember you, from the post history sounds like the usual run-of-the-mill balls deep backer desperately trying to overcompensate with the same old unoriginal insults, meh.

I have to admit though, at least its a little bit more entertaining then those 40 minutes YouTube videos of people adding the word “tech” to every mundane thing to make it look special and unique, but it does beg the question, is Anderson ok? Vacations? Maternity leave? Fired?

... and without wanting to disappoint those who came here for it though, here's a small one on the amazing development of the impressive “elevator tech”, never seen or attempted by any other developer before:
    If you can't remember things that's on you. A bad memory is highly correlated with having a low IQ which would explain a lot .

Instead of watching silly YouTube videos maybe you should try actually playing the game at least that would give you a slither of credibility but we all know you're afraid you actually may like it.