Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i again have the urge to download and play Star Citizen, eventhough the current state of it with constantly respawning in some station is fucking tiresome. not mentioning all the bugs.
    snap me out of it
    "The game is a frustrating bugged mess!"

Also: "Use my referral code to play it too!"

;D You've been at this for hundreds of pages now, the project has been in this "early alpha" state for over a decade now, even basic things such elevators have been broken for years, Squander 404 have been missing from the store for weeks now due "price changes", a single player game that was supposed to have been released years ago...

Pyro? LOL, soon, maybe, meanwhile enjoy another JPG sale! At the pace this is going, even if they do achieve everything they promised, none of us will be alive to play it

Just invest your time n money on other things, tons of great games out there from developers that deserve the support, give X4 a try or something.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i have no issue giving out information like that, but u, summing everything up, like some kind of stalker, is quite concerning.
    btw all i spent on SC is 79.95 USD. thats base game + upgrade to avenger titan.

take your meds.
    Meh. You wonder why people make fun of you and the rest. To date, I didn't swear or flame you.....Not worth the infraction. Anyway lets get back to the demo discussion.

If you have a concern that people can see your posts, either don't post on a PUBLIC forum that people have similar interests, or make your own community. Even on this thread there are THOUSANDS of stalkers as well. Yes everyone that can see this forum and your posts. EVEN GUESTS.ZOMG revelastion for you.No you are not that important unfortunately for me to stalk you in any way.

I could not care less if you spend 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 euros/zloty to SC. But don't come here asking for something, you getting an answer and then get snowflake all over the place because you don't like the answer.

Anyway back to topic.Do the HC fans of SC, believe that should there be no SQ42 discussion this year, considering they removed the buying option to new users that something dodgy is happening behind the scenes/someone is checking on them?

Personally , I would like to see SQ42... The MMO part of the game will never release. It will just be a cash cow till funding dries up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, a playable space game

This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Without watching, I'm guessing some ridiculously choreographic setpieces shown in the trailer, beautiful sights and all that, yet it's still a buggy mess that's missing oh so much that's coming Soon™?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Single player space game.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Without watching, I'm guessing some ridiculously choreographic setpieces shown in the trailer, beautiful sights and all that, yet it's still a buggy mess that's missing oh so much that's coming Soon™?
    Didnt want to say that, but thats exactly what I´ve thought, and I think its about 20 seconds of Real Gameplay in that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I think its about 20 seconds of Real Gameplay in that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Single player space game.
    ...so, like Squadron 42? Is it still missing from the store? It's been around a month now, that must be a hell of a price change.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    ... Other Video ...
    So what? Doesnt change anything that they posted their Official "GamePlay" Trailer with only 20 seconds of actual Gameplay.

Folks, this isn't the Starfield thread. Keep discussion on topic, and if there's nothing to discuss that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Looks like a pretty standard trailer to me, don't think it needed anything more than what was in it. Especially when they released more than 1 video, particularly this 45min one, a "gameplay deep dive" that shows a fuck load more of the game.
    ... I don't think the actual amount of gameplay is the problem here ;P Hey, at least Proskill has another option now
    Ahahahaha!

Star Citizen Has Now Cost More to Develop Than GTA V, Cyberpunk, and RDR Combined

Not a dig at SC or anything, just thought it was interesting.
    Saw this earlier on.. I didn't want to link it for the obvious reasons(was trending on Reddit gaming)as it crosses a thin line according to mods here due to services provided on that website...

Other than that, yes I find it hilarious a demo costs more than 3 games developed and released and all of them being on the famous side of things...

Star Citizen Has Now Cost More to Develop Than GTA V, Cyberpunk, and RDR Combined

Not a dig at SC or anything, just thought it was interesting.

Not a dig, it is pretty clear. The following includes CIG financials at end of 2021. By now, year and a half later, the amount is even larger:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mes_to_develop

SC is the most expensive game development ever. By far. Even if we include the marketing expenses of the most expensive AAA games.

What a disgraceful waste of perfectly good backer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    SC is the most expensive game development ever. By far. Even if we include the marketing expenses of the most expensive AAA games.

What a disgraceful waste of perfectly good backer money.

You know, first I was from my opinion that no matter who released what would have much of an impact on Star Citizen, since game development shouldn't really affect the whaling business... but now, I'm starting to question myself, I wonder if all this will also have any impact in our beloved "space games" twitch statistics.

Also, its more than GTA V, RDR and Cyberpunk combined and it's still not even half done :P
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Also, its more than GTA V, RDR and Cyberpunk combined and it's still not even half done :P
    Saying not even half for some reason, to me, implies that it's closer to half than it is something else.

Based on the promises for the number of star system this game was intended to have in place vs what it has it's not even close to 25% done.

I understand that there's a significant amount of work and game systems that amount to a % completion that's different from the star systems but when you still only have 1 star system (that IIRC isn't even complete in itself) vs the 90+ promised after that much money and time have been spent trying to argue that it's definitely closer to 50% than it is 25% is irrelevant.

CIG is abysmally, horrifyingly, egregiously terrible at project management.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Saying not even half for some reason, to me, implies that it's closer to half than it is something else.

Based on the promises for the number of star system this game was intended to have in place vs what it has it's not even close to 25% done.

I understand that there's a significant amount of work and game systems that amount to a % completion that's different from the star systems but when you still only have 1 star system (that IIRC isn't even complete in itself) vs the 90+ promised after that much money and time have been spent trying to argue that it's definitely closer to 50% than it is 25% is irrelevant.

CIG is abysmally, horrifyingly, egregiously terrible at project management.
    The worst part with Star Citizen's model is that they have pretty much zero incentive to ever try to release the game, providing funding doesn't dry up. That's because they stated that ship sales like what we have now would stop outright once the game launches - and ship sales, plus LTI upgrades and so in have been extremely successful in terms of sales.

The final nail in the coffin is that all of us who own the game already, have already pre-paid for the game. No amount of new game sales will ever outdo the ship sales and CIG knows this. So they'll just keep spinning the wheel for as long as possible. Hell, Chris might even have time to retire having had a CEO salary for years on end without ever having to deliver.

Lastly regarding the funding, Star Citizen is prime example in my opinion of how anti-consumer funding a project before delivery really is.
    The game would have been groundbreaking for its time. Now, the graphics are dated and the community was historically led on by a carrot on a stick continously. Jesus patch here and there, SQ42 answer the call, SATAball, original Star Marine release(weeks, not months) etc.

Chris found a gold mine when he realised he could sell people their own dreams. Ultimately, Derek Smart was right about Star Citizen all along as a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The worst part with Star Citizen's model is that they have pretty much zero incentive to ever try to release the game, providing funding doesn't dry up. That's because they stated that ship sales like what we have now would stop outright once the game launches - and ship sales, plus LTI upgrades and so in have been extremely successful in terms of sales.

The final nail in the coffin is that all of us who own the game already, have already pre-paid for the game. No amount of new game sales will ever outdo the ship sales and CIG knows this. So they'll just keep spinning the wheel for as long as possible. Hell, Chris might even have time to retire having had a CEO salary for years on end without ever having to deliver.

Lastly regarding the funding, Star Citizen is prime example in my opinion of how anti-consumer funding a project before delivery really is.
    The game would have been groundbreaking for its time. Now, the graphics are dated and the community was historically led on by a carrot on a stick continously. Jesus patch here and there, SQ42 answer the call, SATAball, original Star Marine release(weeks, not months) etc.

Chris found a gold mine when he realised he could sell people their own dreams. Ultimately, Derek Smart was right about Star Citizen all along as a project.
    I just love how people keep tossing money at the game. They are so deeply invested in the delusion that this game is going to launch with everything that has been promised. Hell maybe one day in the distant future that happens, but it sure as fuck does not justify the constant lies from CIG, the amount of money this took and the amount of years wasted. As time passes, like you said, the game will get more and more dated in graphics too. Really sad.

Just checked out of curiosity, and you still don't seem to be able to buy SQ42. The fuck are they doing with that thing...

At first, I thought they might have pulled it because they were preparing for an actual release. Sorta like a "surpriiiise, motherfuckers! We're releasing on X date, buy now." But it's now been over a month, and the only change is that you can't buy it. They've not removed the 404 error from the "Pledge" page, or done literally anything else. It's just absent.

This company continues to confuse me.
    In 3-4 months nobody will remember about SQ42.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The issue is not with the funding the project before delivery - that's a normal thing (not just in gaming industry).

The problem is apparently with no accountability nor responsibility for failing milestones and deadlines. There was a reason they moved from Kickstarter to their own campaign site and no one read the fine print.

Legally they are fine. Even with backers who are waiting more than 10 years for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    In 3-4 months nobody will remember about SQ42.
    I remember SQ42 since it's first mention on Kickstarter page around 10 years ago. It was a reason I backed. I wanted a campaign like Wing Commander series.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I remember SQ42 since it's first mention on Kickstarter page around 10 years ago. It was a reason I backed. I wanted a campaign like Wing Commander series.
    I think he means that nobody would remember SQ42 once starfield is out since they will be playing that instead, and if the life of that game is even half of skyrim, well it doesn't smell good for the need of SQ42 for a long while

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I think he means that nobody would remember SQ42 once starfield is out since they will be playing that instead, and if the life of that game is even half of skyrim, well it doesn't smell good for the need of SQ42 for a long while
    Nah, people have short memory. Cut all mentions of SQ42, block threads about it and people will forget and move on. Especially cultists.