Deleted

Account hacked, need help

I quit WoW a few weeks back. Today I felt like playing again. So I go to battle.net and type in my e-mail... nothing. I try to reset my password and it says that account does not exist.

So I check my e-mail and some time ago I got a mail notifying me that my e-mail for my battle.net account had been changed. So, I was hacked. I've read about people quite easily getting their accounts back after being hacked, so I thought this shouldn't be a big issue.

I start the account recovery in battle.net. When I enter all the relevant info it says that an e-mail was sent to me with my ticket information and that the rest of the account restoration progress would take 6-12 hours.

Here's my problem: not only did I not receive the initial e-mail, I also didn't get anything back after 48 hours. I tried account recovery again, this time with my CD key, and the same thing: it says they have e-mailed me with ticket information (didn't receive it) and that in 6-12 hours they will mail me again with the rest of the info.

wtf2do??

Call Blizzard.
    Simplest answer and easiest thing to do.
    They may of changed the email on the account also to give them a heads up to start emptying your account.

Call Blizzard. Have all the relevant information ready and keep your cool.

If the email address got changed, wouldn't those mails get send to the new email? Thankfully never had to use it, so I don't know.
    Your best bet would be to call them.

Yeah just call blizzard everything will be fine just have your info ready and it'll take like 5 - 10 minutes

They will restore it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If the email address got changed, wouldn't those mails get send to the new email? Thankfully never had to use it, so I don't know.
    Your best bet would be to call them.
    I was thinking this at first, but I entered the e-mail my account was originally named, and despite it being changed, still asked me the correct security question/answer. I don't see how it can send an e-mail to the hacker if I don't even know what my account is called now.

I will phone Blizzard tomorrow I guess. Would've been nice to get it sorted now though. I don't get off work until 5 and by the time I get home I'll be cutting it close with their 'opening hours'.

Go to battle . net > support > Submit a Ticket (you don't need to be logged in to do this) > Something should come up that says "You may not need to submit a ticket for this.." And there will be a link that says "Help! I got hacked!" > that link should tell you what to do and you can complete an account recovery form.

Follow those steps. After I filled out an account recovery form, it took them less than 5 minutes to restore all my gold and even restored my professions (the person who hacked it was farming ore on my 85). My e-mail was changed, too, so you should receive an e-mail that it was changed back once they've sorted everything out.
    It was late at night, so I couldn't call them. I was surprised that this ticket went through and was solved so quickly.
    Good luck!

I would have just posted the link, but I just joined so I can post any links yet. Boo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hithereimstephanie View Post
    Go to battle . net > support > Submit a Ticket (you don't need to be logged in to do this) > Something should come up that says "You may not need to submit a ticket for this.." And there will be a link that says "Help! I got hacked!" > that link should tell you what to do and you can complete an account recovery form.

Follow those steps. After I filled out an account recovery form, it took them less than 5 minutes to restore all my gold and even restored my professions (the person who hacked it was farming ore on my 85). My e-mail was changed, too, so you should receive an e-mail that it was changed back once they've sorted everything out.
    It was late at night, so I couldn't call them. I was surprised that this ticket went through and was solved so quickly.
    Good luck!

I would have just posted the link, but I just joined so I can post any links yet. Boo
    That's what I did but they didn't e-mail me at all, really strange.

Perhaps it's taking a bit longer than usual.. when did you submit the form? I think that since MoP is still relatively new, and today was maintenance day, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a few hours longer.

Deleted
    2 days ago. The length of the process doesn't bother me though, but it says that I should have received an (automated) message to my e-mail with info regarding my 'ticket'. I never did.

10+ Year Old Account
    you'd probably be back up and running by now if you just called them, honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamozzle View Post
    you'd probably be back up and running by now if you just called them, honest
    It's 9 pm here.

It's 1:22 PM in Irvine, CA. I'm pretty sure that you can call them. I don't know why your ticket wouldn't have been solved by now, but if it hasn't, he's right, it would probably just be easier to call. :\ Sometimes they pick up faster than others, I know I've spoken to someone within 5 minutes and other times I've been on hold for 50.

Edit: If you're in Europe, you'll have to call them tomorrow. Their website says that they don't accept calls after 7:30 CET.
    Last edited by hithereimstephanie; 2012-11-06 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the US can't help my EU account lol.

Sorry, for some reason my brain didn't process that 9PM was Europe until just now.. it's been a slow day. lol. Anyway, good luck. Maybe you'll get an e-mail before tomorrow and if not, maybe you'll get lucky and not have to wait ages on the phone in the morning

Deleted
    I got my account back last night without having to phone them although it was a bit tricky, I'll explain why in case anyone has the same problem:

Since the 'hacker' changed my e-mail, the account recovery form does nothing at all. This is the most important thing to note if it happens to you. It does nothing because when you use the form it basically creates a ticket on your account and if the hacker changed the e-mail then he will be receiving the account recovery tickets, not you.

How I solved it was by making a new battle.net account and detailing my problem in full and I think most importantly I included photo ID to prove I'm the owner (my passport). The ticket was answered within minutes and my account was reverted to the original e-mail.