Poll: Would you like GW2 more if it was upto lvl50 but had raids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hm. Pretty good post, Lenn.

Design philosophy is perhaps the most striking aspect of Guild Wars. It's supposedly why one would buy the game in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Anyone who wants raids in GW2, or was expecting some aspect of gameplay to open up when they reached level 80 either didn't pay at all attention to what was happening in the game when they were leveling up, didn't read anything about the game before buying it, thinks all MMO's are the same, doesn't know anything about Guild Wars in itself, or all of the above.

I liked raiding in WoW at one time, but I don't see why it is considered to be the end-all-be-all of MMORPG gaming. It's a long dungeon with harder mobs; big deal.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2012-10-14 at 03:08 PM.

No. Raiding sucks, I don't want to play the game like it's a job, if I wanted to do that I'd play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
    This is almost completely against the philosophy of their design from what I understand. This is like asking should they have made Guild Wars 2 into a significantly different type of game. I see a lot of talking about "lack of end game" in these forums, and I think a lot of it is due to framing Guild Wars 2 as something akin to MMOs like WoW then analyzing its "endgame" in this mismatched framework.
    Its like complaining that chess doesn't have enough tackling.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It would be less fun but id still like it

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Loaded question, perhaps.

I'd enjoy GW2 more if there were some kind of truly challenging content at the endgame. It doesn't need to be raiding. It could be as simple as, "Fix and retune the current damn dungeons." frankly.
    This! Oh god this. I tried AC for the first time a week ago and I gave up 45 min in and getting next to no where.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

No.

Raiding is like a job: punch in at X-o'clock, pay your dues for three hours learning how to do a line dance with your coworkers, punch out. Sometimes they give you "homework": grind [whatever] to get ready for the next series of line dances.

I hope they do as GW 1 faction did, make 2 "elite dungeons" that requires 12 palyers each, and it has to be so freaking hard that you can't complete it almost, and no repairing either, consumables are fine though, that i want, i don't want some damn boring raids.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    This! Oh god this. I tried AC for the first time a week ago and I gave up 45 min in and getting next to no where.
    I wish AC was a bit harder to be fair, most of the dungeons aren't that hard, ofcourse you will die a few times but yeah, none of the dungeons has been too diffucult yet and that is with PUG's.
    Last edited by Salech; 2012-10-14 at 06:36 PM.

Nah, don't think ANYTHING can save this game in my eyes at this point :l.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Nah, don't think ANYTHING can save this game in my eyes at this point :l.
    Then why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Then why are you here?
    Why not? Is it forbidden or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

But...it's not. It's exactly a traditional MMO.
    It isn't. And we talked about it before too.

You can swing a sword in many games or quest, or craft. That's true.

Does not mean they share the same design philosophy or intent. Actually, Rift & TOR are even apart from each other and World of Warcraft in philosophy and intent.

I have to agree with Bovinity on this. The formula is a lot closer to the WoW model than the GW1 model except for leaving max-level content absent and claiming this as an innovation. And don't get me wrong, they have a chance to do something really great here, but they have to actually do something. They need some sort of long-term goal-oriented content. And this content could be incorporated through out the game, but right now its just not there.

There's lots of things they could do, but they need to make some fundamental changes to the way crafting works if they want it in all levels of the game. Need to make lower level materials still relevant at max level the way EVE does if they want all areas to be relevant when you're at max level for anything besides completionism.

Completionism will work fine for a certain percent of the population that is obsessive-compulsive, but that's just not everybody. For everybody else there still needs to be a goal of growing your character. That's the entire point of a MMO in the first place, or you might as well just play a regular fantasy type game.

Growing your character doesn't have to be all vertical in the WoW hamster wheel model, it can be horizontal too, but it has to exist.

Why not? Is it forbidden or something?
    The same reason that I don't stand near the carrots in the grocery store telling people how much I don't like them. It's a waste of my time, and a waste of their time.

Idk about a level change but raiding is absolutely needed. End game GW2 is incredibly boring with nothing to strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I have to agree with Bovinity on this. The formula is a lot closer to the WoW model than the GW1 model except for leaving max-level content absent and claiming this as an innovation. And don't get me wrong, they have a chance to do something really great here, but they have to actually do something. They need some sort of long-term goal-oriented content. And this content could be incorporated through out the game, but right now its just not there.

There's lots of things they could do, but they need to make some fundamental changes to the way crafting works if they want it in all levels of the game. Need to make lower level materials still relevant at max level the way EVE does if they want all areas to be relevant when you're at max level for anything besides completionism.

Completionism will work fine for a certain percent of the population that is obsessive-compulsive, but that's just not everybody. For everybody else there still needs to be a goal of growing your character. That's the entire point of a MMO in the first place, or you might as well just play a regular fantasy type game.

Growing your character doesn't have to be all vertical in the WoW hamster wheel model, it can be horizontal too, but it has to exist.
    I think that allowing you to combine lower level mats into higher level mats could solve this to a certain extent.

And I think growing your character horizontal DOES exist in this game. I think the problem here is that you are assuming that this game has to bea life-consuming hobby like WoW is in order to be a great game.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Idk about a level change but raiding is absolutely needed. End game GW2 is incredibly boring with nothing to strive for.
    How does adding a feature that the vast majority of people don't do solve that problem?

The same reason that I don't stand near the carrots in the grocery store telling people how much I don't like them. It's a waste of my time, and a waste of their time.
    The OP asked whether raids would make the game more appealing to me.

I answered.

Not sure what's the purpose of your remarks.

The OP asked whether raids would make the game more appealing to me.

I answered.

Not sure what's the purpose of your remarks.
    Again, I don't stand near the carrots saying "No, I hate carrots, EVEN if you put ranch dressing on them, I hate them totally!"

If your attitude is that nothing will make you like it... then move on.

People are free to express any opinion; positive or negative about a game on these forums. It works both ways.

It's not really appropriate to ask someone "why are you posting here?" They are free & welcomed to do so. Same as you or anyone else.

Just don't break our rules, natch.

I play GW2 to PvP, why would I want ANet dedicating resources to come up with a subpar raid game?

I don't care that the PvE is shallow, I play other games for that, the WvW is great.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity