Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What they're trying to do with this daily change isn't so much change the rate at which you consume content, that could be done easily and through any number of means without this obvious change to a system gated behind dailies. They are trying to change the TYPE of content that you guys consume. They do this by making dailies as rewarding as possible and making dungeons the less appealing option. Probably because they don't think they can release that kind of pve content fast enough but never the less I have to ask all the "you don't have to do them guys" how many people do you honestly think would do these dailies if it wasn't for the reward behind them?

Look they've a;ready got more on the way for 5.1 so I think it's safe to say dailies will play a bigger part in all of this then they have before. Historically dailies have never had this much reward behind them. They've generally all been about gold and cosmetic stuff. Mounts and tabards and pets things like that. Now come mists the rewards you would get from just purely consuming dungeons have by and large been switched behind dailies. OF COURSE it feels forced because it is. They want you to like doing dailies and feel rewarded doing them as opposed to running dungeons. It's so naked and obvious. I just with they would come out and be honest about it. This entire thing is so disingenuous it's left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-12 at 01:10 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterYi View Post
    Although I disagree with the OP about the questing part (really enjoyed the quests and all the story behind every area of pandaria), I HATE the path they have chosen with all the mandatory daily grind. Never liked dailies, never will. And that's the reason I cancelled my sub.

If and when they decide to offer players an alternate playstyle (say a tabard for reputation gains), I'm all for renewing my sub. And I know they will, as I am one of many feeling like that.
    There are alternative gearing paths. Crafted gear, world bosses, LFR, pvp and BMAH all offer gear rewards of varying level. If the best non-raiding gear was available quickly and easily by wearing a tabard through a dungeon it would really devalue every other gearing path and offer less choice and rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    There are alternative gearing paths. Crafted gear, world bosses, LFR, pvp and BMAH all offer gear rewards of varying level. If the best non-raiding gear was available quickly and easily by wearing a tabard through a dungeon it would really devalue every other gearing path and offer less choice and rewards.
    No. Not if you cap the gains through the tabard. The "alternative" gearing paths are simply weaker than doing dailies. Dailies can be accomplished easily and by oneself without going through any terrible hoops other than it takes awhile. It's so obvious what they're doing here. I mean if you generally feel that all paths are equal then why can't I get valor gear from just doing dungeons alone? Why is the one path that I've used for god knows how many fucking years now set behind dailies...?

It's so obvious why they set it up this way. It's such a huge carrot. I have never felt more skinner boxed in this game then I do now because it's such a radical shift for the system that has always been more or less the same,just refined over the years. I wish they would just come out and say it. We put the valor gear behind dailies because we want you guys to do dailies and not dungeons so much.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, please let me know about a MMORPG that changed anything about the questing types than WoW. And please don't say GW2, because that would make you look like a "fucking retard".
    ok I'll bite how about a negative effect to failing a quest. Protect a camp that is getting raided by centaurs if you fail the people retreat and the camp is taken over. So one day you'll walk past and see centaur sentries on the gates, the next day you could see villagers going about their daily business.

I never saw that in wow, if you failed you just went back and started again.

anyway that was a bit OT, carry on.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are horrible bunch of ungrateful bastards indeed

I remember the whine over the fact that there was nothing to do in wow for like a year before the MoP launched. Annual-pass holders felt screwed over, etc.
    Now MoP launched with so much content that its laughing at GW2. There are quite alot of quests in pandaria, if you were leveling by questing you know what im talking about, but that does not stop when you hit lvl 90. There are daily quest hubs in every location in pandaria its like having 5 molten fronts at the same time. The rewards from those dailies are amazing that it feels to everybody they have to do them or they will fall behind others. Those rewards are there just for people to get outside the cities and i think that worked pretty well.
    Isn't all that what you wanted?

My guild is at 4/6 mogushan vaults now, and im very happy with the instance. Elegon is one of the best and most entertaining bosses in wow for me as ranged dps. We have patch 5.0.4 live now with 2 more raids comming up soon. Patch 5.1 is practically done and blizzard is already deep in doing 5.2 and 5.3... that is shitloads of content comming up to wow...
    If you think the amount of content is overwhelming now, your heads are going to explode within several weeks...
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Deleted
    Everything isnt for everybody, lol.

OP - Have you tried raiding or PvP yet? Those are the 2 biggest endgame things to do, yet you don't seem to have tried either. /shrug

Deleted
    No MMO will ever go beyond the 5 Ds of questing.

Destroy
    Deliver
    Defend
    Drop
    Discover

10+ Year Old Account
    As you might expect, this expansion was meant to bring back what the majority of players felt absent throughout their travels in the previous expansions. Essentially, it brings us back to our roots of exploring an entirely new continent without knowing a single thing about the landscape and its denizens or the powers held within. It makes us want to learn.

I for one am enjoying this game far more than I have in a long time. I began to delve into the lore of things and uncover the mysteries within the text. I must say it is rather interesting. I also took it upon myself to sniff around every nook and cranny to find the little things that don't necessarily stand out to the unwatchful eye. There are things that I have found that seem out of place, or unique, and later found the significance of such an item. Such as reading a book found in town that references to the item I found lying there.
    I have taken a different approach on my tackle into the new content. I decided that I am going to try to make this expansion as enjoyable as possible. So, for my main I took my sweet time while leveling to see as much as I could. I did not touch instances, as they would level me past the current area to a degree of ~30 quests. I have just begun doing instances (1 point from heroic ilvl), and again I take my time and snoop around a little.

My point being there is a way for everyone to enjoy it. You just haven't found it yet. Whether it be a different approach on things, a new profession, or not seeing the endgame content (PvE and PvP). I suggest giving this expansion a well amount of chance as I feel there is a lot of improvement to come.
    Last edited by Captain Falkan; 2012-10-12 at 02:17 PM.
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

Dailies can be done at your own pace, you do not need to do them at all if you dont feel like it. The only dailies that are even remotely needed is Klaxxi for BSing, Golden Lotus to open shadow pan and august celes. The real qqing will start when a lot more people find out that you will be able to upgrade those valor gear rewards with valor in future patches. With that, the shadow pan trinkets may just be BIS or second BIS for some specs for a least a couple of tiers, maybe even some of the off set pieces as well. We will have to wait and see.

Im also not seeing how it takes some people hours upon hours to do the dailies, at best each hub is roughly 10-15 minutes tops to complete with the exception of golden lotus. Doing the entire chain at revered takes longer I do all of the dailies except cloud serpent in about an hour, hour and half tops as a prot pally. I dont bother with the Nat Pagle 1% drop fish either, who cares about his fishing hat.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-10-12 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that challenge modes can't drop gear because then it would just feel required BUT DAILIES HAVING GEAR DOESN'T MAKE THEM FEEL REQUIRED. Cmooon how many more fucking contradictions can you people swallow before you finally get around to understanding what's going on?
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Why is it that challenge modes can't drop gear because then it would just feel required BUT DAILIES HAVING GEAR DOESN'T MAKE THEM FEEL REQUIRED. Cmooon how many more fucking contradictions can you people swallow before you finally get around to understanding what's going on?
    Yo can steam roll heroics with crafted/quest reward gear. Then you can steam roll lfr with heroic gear. We did all 6 raid bosses on normal the first week with a little heroic gear, crafted gear and some quest rewards. We even had a couple people in greens. We even started heroic raid with just the one week of drops so no, the rep gear is not a must have to do raids.

If you think about it, there really hasnt been time to get a lot of valor gear yet, even if you did do dailies every day.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-10-12 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Yo can steam roll heroics with crafted/quest reward gear. Then you can steam roll lfr with heroic gear. We did all 6 raid bosses on normal the first week with a little heroic gear, crafted gear and some quest rewards. We even had a couple people in greens.
    That doesn't answer the question. If they put gear in challenge modes they said it would just make them feel required. Okay so why is it any different with dailies.... CMOOON you have to be kidding me. Someone asked ghostcrawler why they would give a pvp honor weapon, his answer was BECAUSE THEN EVERY PVE GUY WOULD DO IT... cmoooonn it's just to many contradictions in what they say...
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't ground scenarios yet. I didn't want to. I haven't even GOT cooking on my main so Halfhill cooking's out. I didn't want to do it. I've cleared the quests in Valley and yet I haven't started my farm. I didn't want to.

I've also elected at this point since hitting 90 to not begin grinding the factions to build my rep up. I'll do it later. When I find it less annoying.

TLDR: You don't actually HAVE to do stuff that annoys you. There's heaps in this expansion. Heaps.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Short answer : You find a guild and start raiding. I don't understand people who just try playing this game solo. There are hundreds of guilds looking for people. You will of course get bored if you play alone.

That doesn't answer the question. If they put gear in challenge modes they said it would just make them feel required. Okay so why is it any different with dailies.... CMOOON you have to be kidding me. Someone asked ghostcrawler why they would give a pvp honor weapon, his answer was BECAUSE THEN EVERY PVE GUY WOULD DO IT... cmoooonn it's just to many contradictions in what they say...
    Because dailies are there for the players that cant clear normal raids in the first week or do heroics the following week. The rewards are for the more casual crowd that may not like to raid or whatever, but they are not a must. For what ghostcrawler said, he is absolutely right, until the change it was mandatory for high end raid guilds to pvp for the gear since a lot of it was better than heroic 5s and crafted gear. If you happened to have done an armory check on a lot of the players in the top end, before the ilvl and weapon change, I bet they had a bit of pvp gear on. I know I just replaced my two pieces with heroic gear.

I guess the bottom line is, none of it is an absolute must for the vast majority of players. Its all about having options to do different things. Ill also say I dont care if challenge modes have any gear, they are seriously a lot of fun with a guild group.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-10-12 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Because dailies are there for the players that cant clear normal raids in the first week or do heroics the following week. The rewards are for the more casual crowd that may not like to raid or whatever, but they are not a must. For what ghostcrawler said, he is absolutely right, until the change it was mandatory for high end raid guilds to pvp for the gear since a lot of it was better than heroic 5s and crafted gear. If you happened to have done an armory check on a lot of the players in the top end, before the ilvl and weapon change, I bet they had a bit of pvp gear on. I know I just replaced my two pieces with heroic gear.

That isn't an answer. That doesn't answer WHY CHALLENGE MODES CAN'T HAVE GEAR BECAUSE IT WILL FEEL REQUIRED. I mean lets say they did, let's say they gave the exact same gear you could get from dailies. What then? Is any one more required than the others? BUT THEY SPECIFICALLY DIDN'T GIVE IT TO CHALLENGE MODES BECAUSE IT WOULD FEEL REQUIRED and dailies don't. What is the difference? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

The answer is that it's a MASSIVE contradiction.
    The hammer comes down:

That isn't an answer. That doesn't answer WHY CHALLENGE MODES CAN'T HAVE GEAR BECAUSE IT WILL FEEL REQUIRED. I mean lets say they did, let's say they gave the exact same gear you could get from dailies. What then? Is any one more required than the others? BUT THEY SPECIFICALLY DIDN'T GIVE IT TO CHALLENGE MODES BECAUSE IT WOULD FEEL REQUIRED and dailies don't. What is the difference? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

The answer is that it's a MASSIVE contradiction.
    That depends; what kind of gear are you wanting from these challenge modes? Alternate access to Valor Point gear? Raid quality? Beyond raid quality? Depending on that affects the answer as to why it's not offered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    The thing is, there aren’t alternatives.

If you want to build your reputation with the Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-pan or August Celestials (if only purely to buy Valor upgrades) then you’re stuck with dailies.
    Context is everything here. I think you well understand that what I was talking about specifically was getting geared up for raids. And there are alternatives besides doing dailies for that. I'll agree that if you want to build faction reputation, you'll do dailies. But that's a different answer to the question of whether or not dailies are some mandatory thing. And whether or not you want to build faction reputation is optional to the ultimate goal of getting into raids and obtaining the rewards therein.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:49 AM ----------

Re: Types of Quests

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're forever destined to have that as long as we let them get away with that. I say it's time to start holding them to higher standards than that. Who's with me?
    It depends on what you really mean by 'higher standards'. As it is, that's a pointless rallying cry. Your 'higher standards' may not be anyone else's.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That depends; what kind of gear are you wanting from these challenge modes? Alternate access to Valor Point gear? Raid quality? Beyond raid quality? Depending on that affects the answer as to why it's not offered.
    Sounds like he wants the stuff you get for doing dailies. Sooo iLevel 489 stuff or sth.?