Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Narrow escape was the last nerf i gonna see.
    Rerolin a mage.

Completely agree that readiness has fucked up BM. It went from smooth to clunkier than ISS MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Completely agree that readiness has fucked up BM. It went from smooth to clunkier than ISS MM.
    I couldn't agree more. Also, I love your Avatar Thelxi ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Do you only come on this forum to call everyone an idiot and flaunt how much better you are?

This has not been in for "days" and was changed on the Thursday restart. Also, this is not increasing haste, only attack speed. This is a direct nerf to BM hunter dps. After testing and spreadsheet, lynx rush is now not worth getting in survival / marks at all. Our only option is AMOC. Even if you get Lynx, it's a waste of gcd and net dps loss.
    you are the personification of knee jerk. Its a DPS increase burst decrease.

It shows in the hotfixes now too.
    "Rabid has been changed and now increases a pet's attack speed by 70%. Pet attack power is now unaffected by this ability."

Just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurves View Post
    Just keeps getting better and better.
    it is better for DPS, just worse for burst. Not everything in the game revolves around PvP. This is a good change overall for hunters for PvE, and not nearly as big of a nerf to PvP as the "sky is falling" crowd makes it out to be.

Is there any reason not to keep Rabid on autocast any more, now that stacking LR and Rabid is pointless (seems like LR might not even be worth it any more for BM)?

I mean, you could save Rabid for AMoC I suppose, but that's every 2m and Rabid is 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is there any reason not to keep Rabid on autocast any more, now that stacking LR and Rabid is pointless (seems like LR might not even be worth it any more for BM)?

I mean, you could save Rabid for AMoC I suppose, but that's every 2m and Rabid is 1m.
    just take it off auto cast... Lynx rush is still good. in reality each teir for talents is balanced against the other talents of the tier. Talents now more then ever are "player choice" the realistic output will be marginal depending on what you picked provided you use them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    just take it off auto cast... Lynx rush is still good. in reality each teir for talents is balanced against the other talents of the tier. Talents now more then ever are "player choice" the realistic output will be marginal depending on what you picked provided you use them correctly.
    Actually now that A Murder of Crows scales with BM Mastery, its the obvious choice on that tier. Even more so now that the synergy of Rabid and Lynx Rush has been removed. You will now want Rabid macro'd to Beastial Wrath to allow more hits during the duration of the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkar View Post
    Actually now that A Murder of Crows scales with BM Mastery, its the obvious choice on that tier. Even more so now that the synergy of Rabid and Lynx Rush has been removed. You will now want Rabid macro'd to Beastial Wrath to allow more hits during the duration of the buff.
    no you want rabid on autocast because it does not line up well at all with BW if you hold it you lose too much of it and it is a loss. Crows is ONLY good when you have certain length of fights. and FD shows corws as a large DPS loss at the moment and its very clunky to use VS LR.

no you want rabid on autocast because it does not line up well at all with BW if you hold it you lose too much of it and it is a loss. Crows is ONLY good when you have certain length of fights. and FD shows corws as a large DPS loss at the moment and its very clunky to use VS LR.
    If you put Rabid on auto-cast you lose out on having Rabid active on your Stampede pets. Its still best to have it macro'd to certain abilities for synergy. Yes AMoC is only good on certain fights, same with Lynx Rush. Its more of a general rule of thumb than "Pick this one or you fail".

If you put Rabid on auto-cast you lose out on having Rabid active on your Stampede pets. Its still best to have it macro'd to certain abilities for synergy. Yes AMoC is only good on certain fights, same with Lynx Rush. Its more of a general rule of thumb than "Pick this one or you fail".
    Where is your logic in this. I'm assuming you're talking about having the Stampede glyph. Under that assumption it's a problem with the Glyph itself, not Rabid Auto cast. Either way using the Stampede Glyph is a bad idea.

Deleted
    BM hunters have the worst pvp dmg if you face someone in full pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    Where is your logic in this. I'm assuming you're talking about having the Stampede glyph. Under that assumption it's a problem with the Glyph itself, not Rabid Auto cast. Either way using the Stampede Glyph is a bad idea.
    Explain to me why the Glyph would be bad? I am asking sincerely. I personally raid in a 25 man guild and every single buff and debuff is taken care of without the use of my pet. In this circumstance does it matter?

Explain to me why the Glyph would be bad? I am asking sincerely. I personally raid in a 25 man guild and every single buff and debuff is taken care of without the use of my pet. In this circumstance does it matter?
    because if your pets skills are on cooldown so is the stampede. when not glyphed they are all free for every pet... so EVERYONE of them have rabid as soon as they come out not matter what.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-15 at 01:01 AM.

because if your pets skills are on cooldown so is the stampede. when now glyphed they are all free for every pet... so EVERYONE of them have rabid as soon as they come out not matter what.
    Without the glyph, though, you must manage each of the pet specs, make sure all of the abilities are toggled on/off accordingly, etc. It's way easier to use your one pet, glyph Stampede, and use Rabid on CD. Its pretty easy to save it for 2 seconds to use Stampede first, rather than having your pet blow it as the fight starts and Stampede hasnt gone off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Without the glyph, though, you must manage each of the pet specs, make sure all of the abilities are toggled on/off accordingly, etc. It's way easier to use your one pet, glyph Stampede, and use Rabid on CD. Its pretty easy to save it for 2 seconds to use Stampede first, rather than having your pet blow it as the fight starts and Stampede hasnt gone off yet.
    its not hard to set your pets...

hell i keep 4 of them speced tenacity with everything but growl on autocast just for stampede... i change my spirit beast back and forth when i am solo for a personal tank... Once you set a pet you never have to mess with it again unless you change it.

and its cooler to have different pets with stampede and coolfactor when DPS is the same is always better

hell i keep 4 of them speced tenacity with everything but growl on autocast just for stampede... i change my spirit beast back and forth when i am solo for a personal tank... Once you set a pet you never have to mess with it again unless you change it.

and its cooler to have different pets with stampede and coolfactor when DPS is the same is always better
    Its also not hard to use Rabid on CD! ;D

I also like the look of 5 of the same pet, rather than 5 random pets. I think it comes down to personal preferrence.

Actually, 5x Ferocity >> 1x Ferocity + 4x Tenacity Stampede. They still have their passives, that means Ferocity pets do more damage with just auto attack/bite.
    Glyph of Stampede is a must for raiding Hunters, When you go Surv(like for Elegon) and don't have the glyph... Yeah.. Nice to see that you only get 2 extra pets since at least I run with Spirit Beast, Silithid and the new Water walking thing(whatver it is lol) along with my trusty Wolf and Hyena. 3/5 slots are Exotic, therefore Glyph of Stampede is needed to get the full effect from Stampede.