Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by basel277 View Post
    only thing that is bothering me now is that he doesn't understand how much HE is losing by doing this. also buying him out is not an option he lists around 20 of the same item at a time.
    You're making an assumption that he "doesn't know." I propose that he knows full well exactly how much he "could" be selling them for, but is choosing not to do it because he doesn't want anyone else selling any. As others said, eventually, the other JC's will give up and he'll have the market to himself and make back anything he might have made before but didn't. He would rather, if two gems sell, that he sells them both for less rather than he sells one and you sell one for full price.

You're looking at the short term, but he's looking at the long term.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    As others said, eventually, the other JC's will give up and he'll have the market to himself and make back anything he might have made before but didn't.
    Do you think all other JCs will drop their JC and level other professions (or cancel their accounts)? Because otherwise he will never have the market for himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal experience tells me to tell you to not attempt to buy him out. Nothing worse than sinking huge amounts of gold into something that doesn't pay off. Balance your risks carefully and maybe just wait a month or so until you decide to re-enter the market.

i tank prices when people undercut me 25 copper or something several times in a row.
    i work from home, basically wait untill a phonecall comes in , log on to a laptop , where i sort out whatever the issue is.
    In between phonecalls, i log on wow, have a bit a banter, and mine, hours on an end.

you undercut me with a few gold kk, fair is far. but with 25 copper. it means you want to play.
    Thats where i tank prices to the point where a regular player wont make any profit, and i list to much for people to buy me out.