Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garajal Resto Issues

Hey guys

I wanted to get your opinion on the Garajal normal mode encounter 10 man for resto shamans. Currenlty, we are two healing it with me (a resto shaman) and a holy priest. Now im having MAJOR healing issues on this fight. Our current rotation is this. We have 2 dps and me go into the spirit realm and come out around 13-15s whenever they all get healed to full. I make to to have the full duration spirit buff when i get out. Then, our priest will go in the next spirit totem unless he has voodoo. My issue is this. Our priest got vodoo twice ina row, meanaing he missed 3 spirit totems and still managed to keep teh raid up in the physical realm (although he did prpetty much burn hsi mana to the ground). In a few attempts, I had voodoo doll twice in a row and i honestly couldn't get passed a second spirit totem for people up (withotu spirit buff). My mana gets burned too quickly keeping up voodoo dolls. Im being fairly conservative too simply rolling RTs on the voodoos/tank and using HW/HS totem and an occasional HR. (Obviously with the spirit buff i go balls to the wall and spam everything until it drops). But i am still having mana issues if i get an unlucky second voodoo. I was healing fine on stoneguard and feng (both fights I was even with the other healers mostly).

Our dps is sometimes lackluster, but hoenstly it seems mostly my fault that we wipe (especially fi its well before enrage). My spirit is at 7.3k unbuffed for reference. I wanted to know people's thoughts/opinions on what I am doing wrong (or possibly pointing out somethign speacific in the encounter that we are missing).
    thanks

Deleted
    Can't give you any advice without a LoG or more in depth information.. But you could use some more spirit, that's for sure. I'm 9,6k unbuffed and I still want more, a lot more.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Dirt%C3%A2me/advanced If you want to look at my gear/reforging etc.

Armory: US- Korgath....name:Roti... guild stratus
    Ghetto Log(Most used spells/heals done):
    Healing Rain
    Healing Surge
    Healing Wave
    Chain Heal- edit
    Healing Tide
    Riptide
    GHealing Wave( i use healing surge mostly when i have the b uff)

In general, my rotation (unbuffed), is rolling RTs on voodoo and spammign healing wave to conserve mana (and a HST with totem recall glyph). If i get a second vodoo, i drop healig tide/healing rain and RT/HW. If i have voodo and no buff, I use maybe 1-2 healing rains inbetween spirit totems. WIth buff i spam it on CD along with healing
    surge. Glyphs i used fo this fight are HW/TR/RT. I rarely used GHW unless it was necessary. I rotated Cds if i didnt have voodo. For example, one attempt i got 3 in a row, so i used HT for one spirit totem pop, Ascendance fo the next, and spirit link for the third. I cant really be more descriptive than that, i wasnt personally running WoL and Im at work so i cnat get a hold of it right now
    Last edited by Khutie; 2012-10-12 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Your rotate seems fine, hard to tell as a healer though. Everything is situational in a raid environment.

As for your reforging, get rid of that haste, asap. You're running with Ancestral Swiftness who provide you with 5% haste, making your haste "cap" 871, you're over 3000 right now. Also, not be fooled by your epic trinket! It's horrible for healers, flat out int and a haste proc. You're much better off getting a spirit gem or int+mana proc.

Hello, my guild just killed this boss last night and I can say that this is not an easy fight for healers in general. What i found the most helpful was trying to get in and out of the spirit realm as fast as possible for both you and the priest healer. It makes the healing alot less stressful when you have 2 healers for the majority and only 1 healer temporarily. What i did to get out really fast was use elemental mastery whenever possible to get out of the realm fast enough, with a pre-cast of a greater healing wave and spamming afterwards I could get out in between 4-7 seconds on average.

Edit: possibly try the glyph of watershield it might help with mana regen
    Last edited by kwakwa; 2012-10-12 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    I had 0 problems with this fight as resto shammy, it was our holy priest that had problems.

Basically u would want to use glyph of riptide to have them on all the voodo targets + the 2 dps u are entering spirit realm with. Once inside u want to spam greater healing wave and use HST. I found that GHW>HS inside spirit realm. And once inside u should heal 1 dps to full right away, so he can leave and dps the boss, after that u should heal yourself and the other dps to full, and u should leave right away aswell to help the 2nd healer in normal world.

As for the voodo targets. They are completely RNG, sometime our priest didnt get inside spirit realm for like 4-5 turns and ofc she got oom then. But once u get a "normal" try it shouldnt be a problem with mana. So far in mogu'shan i've never ONCE gone oom as resto shammy, it's impossible srsly, just aslong u stick to the normal casting patterns.

And as to healing when u have voodo on yourself. It's really easy, just keep riptides on the 3 targets, use UE + HR every time and use HST when the dmg starts becoming high.

Me and my guild killed this Boss with almost 1 min to spare on enrage, so ofc our dps was doing rly good aswell.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/Stormcloud/advanced

Not saying i have the best gear, reforging etc either, but so far, i've had 0 problems healing. ( And i know, Direbrew trinket sucks, but have 0 luck in scholomance atm in getting price of progress, and need 2 more cards for darkmoon trinket )
    Last edited by mmoc4c1fc55847; 2012-10-12 at 05:26 PM.

Strange that you have Healing Surge as second, in my case I only use it inside the spirit realm (with tidal waves).

My rotation doesn't match yours. I keep RT on tanks and voodoo dolls all the time and spam Healing Rain and keep HST (sometimes with Primal Elementalist buffs). In my case I only start to having problems if I don't get to the spirit realm more than 2 totems. In that case i use my cd's... like MTT.

If you have mana problems try to do like Dirtame is saying and lower your haste and increase your crit and don't use healing surge on normal realm.

Make sure you rotate your CDs if you get more than one voodoo doll. there is no need to use them in the spirit realm since you can just spam big heals. (Edit: Sorry didn't see your second post)

It's also worth noting that you shouldn't have to be in the spirit realm that long. You should be able to heal everyone to full within a few seconds and then leave. The dps should be fine after that. If you do it like this then the other healer will be out of the spirit realm to help you fairly quickly.
    Last edited by domwindle; 2012-10-12 at 06:30 PM.

I 2 healed this with a mistweaver monk. I really don't recall having any mana issues with this fight, but like domwindle said, you might as well use Healing CD's when you are voodoo dolled and can't go into the spirit realm for multiple rounds. I rarely used Healing Surge except in the spirit realm (but then again I like GHW + RT combos.) I used Healing Wave when no one was in real immediate danger of dying. And laced in CH when people were close enough.

Im not going to lie.. I don't really think I even used healing rain, even though that seems to be the general thing to do. Maybe once?
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Mana is an issue to you for a couple of reasons. First reason if how low your spirit is. Since Armory is screwed up right now I can't tell what you are gemming, however you should be putting spirit gems in every socket at this point. You should try and get Price of Progress from Heroic Scholomance, as well as The Fruit Barrell trinket from Stormstout Brewery as these 2 trinkets give a good amount of mana back to you. Until then, reforge the mastery on your Alchemist stone to Spirit. Finally you should change your reforging to spirit/crit. Every piece that doesn't have spirit needs to have spirit, and every piece that has spirit but doesnt have crit needs to have crit on it. Stacking crit allows you to get more mana back from Resurgence procs, and over the course of a fight it is a significant amount. If you make these changes you will notice your mana will be a lot better. You should also switch your chest enchant to 200 spirit instead of 80 stats. if you are recalling your totems at smart times, especially on the expensive totems (ie: healing stream, fire/earth elementals) you will also be getting a lot of mana back from the glyph.

Feel free to check me out on armory, Taeng on Stormrage Alliance in Notion, and PM me if you would like to see my logs.

Let me know if you have any questions

So when you get down to the spirit realm, what healing rotation do you guys use to get the dps to at least 21 stacks? Some of you say get the dps to full then go back up - Ive done that and the dps complains they only get 11 stacks. They've said that if we can keep at least 21-22 stacks on the dps when we go down we can get him. Any tips please? Thanks.

If you want to cheese this fight, just go with 3 healers.

Otherwise you're leaving it up to RNG, with you and the priest either getting alternating voodoo dolls, or one of you constantly being picked and getting raped mana wise.

As a resto shaman on H Garajal, as soon as I get in, I spam 3 healing surges on myself, then start doing the same to the dps. Prioritize them over you, and make sure to healing surge yourself one last time before exiting. Stay in for the full duration, and enjoy the unlimited mana for 30 seconds. Then return to casting conservatively until your next shadow realm phase.

Deleted
    I had this issue before, it all comes down on how much the raid is taking.

1) make sure everyone is stacked up so Healing Rain hits everyone.
    2) Rotate Healing Wave with Greater Healing Wave, Surge if needed to top up.
    3) Ignore Riptide, just keep Waves up, but do not spam it on lot of people, makes you go oom.
    4) Try and heal - bolt - heal - bolt at times you know you can
    5) Obviously use MTT - pots

And last but not least don't forget Ascendance + healing wave <-- sexy and HTT, ignore Stream as that is a lot of mana you can loose, atleast imo

When in the portal try use Healing Surge to top everyone up, you'll regen mana so that shouldn't be issue. If you go in without mana, just spam Healing Wave and tell people on vent/mumble/teamspeak to use pots, sometimes it can turn out shitty.

Spam healing surge on yourself to quickly gain the buff on yourself to stabilize mana, then top off your teammates.

i just spam hr drop hst use riptides on tanks and triuh them i spam chain heal ue+ hr - if uu use unleashed forry trough him use Ch in spirit realm jump riptide + 2 healing surges per ppayer then jump out and continue . ascendance + hr and ch is so op and if i remeber coretlu i do about 70 k hps whipe our holy paly 32k hps
    also usualy @ end hapens that i have to skip 2 spirit realms because of voodo and so last 35% i heal without spirit realm buf and stil no major problems
    Last edited by mrinvisable2; 2012-10-25 at 07:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys 2 heal or 3 heal this boss?

We tried it with 3 healers (as always) yesterday (10 men nhc) and had the problem that we hit enrage with 30% HP left. Of course that was primarly because we encoutered that boss the first time, had only a few tries before our raid ended and therefore many things still went wrong. But from our point of view it looked like that you definately have to use only 2 healers when your dps aren't "overgeared".

What would you reccomend for a raid with entry gear?
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2012-10-25 at 10:41 AM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post

We tried it with 3 healers (as always) yesterday (10 men nhc) and had the problem that we hit enrage with 30% HP left. Of course that was primarly because we encoutered that boss the first time, had only a few tries before our raid ended and therefore many things still went wrong. But from our point of view it looked like that you definately have to use only 2 healers when your dps aren't "overgeared".

We had our normal first-kill with a 2-healer setup because 3-healing gave us enrage timer troubles as well, but it should be possible with 3 too. We were just a bit clueless the first week.

See, with 2 healers, your priority is to heal people to full in the spirit realm and then get the heck out of there to help your healer buddy up there. With a 3-healer-setup, the healer remains in the spirit realm for the full duration, spam-healing everyone in there, thus building stat buffs on them (Spiritual Innervation - you can only see how much of the buff someone has by mousing over the buff symbol on them). So they'll do more damage.

We're trying a 3-healer-setup on heroic now. We'll see how it goes. 2-healing didn't seem too promising for us when we tried.

But for normal mode, 2-healing is a perfectly fine strategy. Try and see which works better for you. Over time, you'll surely fine-tune things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your input Seriss. The differences between 2 healing and 3 healing regarding the healer in the spirit realm was actually the last thing we found out before we had to disband or better say the main difference we found out in the one try we did with 2 healers. I guess it should be doable with a bit of fine tuning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post

We use Heroism at the start while everyone is using their cooldowns, also we use two healers. Setup your raid frames "Grid or Vuhdo" so it'll show you who the Voodoo targets are, easier to keep hots on them all the time and big heals. Since I changed my Grid and using Heroism at start we have no problem killing the boss with a minute to spare. : ) Also if you got Warlocks have them preferably go inside the portals and have them dot everything up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having voodoo targets marked in the raidframes is a no brainer, wasn't it in terms of healing, was it in terms of overview, but thanks though

Regarding heroism, our plan was to use it when Garajal enrages at the 20% mark to shorten the time we have to survive when he starts hitting really hard. Do you think it's better to shorten P1 (as I may call it) and lengthen P2?

We had 2 Warlocks and a Shadow yesterday and we already found out, that dots are ticking through but I'll take that advice to fokus on that, in case we have a similar setup next time.

Thanks for your input!