Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is out of love for us. There must be a bigger reason. And a tribute to a fallen fellow is a good reason.
    Because they treasure their creation? Good guys don't just destroy what they created for the lulz. Esp. not when there are sentient beings involved. However sacrificing them to prevent Old-God freedom is still a valid last-resort-option.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Because they treasure their creation? Good guys don't just destroy what they created for the lulz. Esp. not when there are sentient beings involved. However sacrificing them to prevent Old-God freedom is still a valid last-resort-option.
    Titans represent order. Anything that deviates from that order is abomination to them.

That is the thing... I don't think the Titans treasure us at all! We are mere toys to them.

Or like the previous poster said... Anything that goes out of their visoin of perfection must be purged.
    Last edited by Madruga; 2012-12-26 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    So far we know: C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'zoth and Y-Shaarj.

We know that 3 old gods corrupted Deathwing (and one of them was N'zoth), so there are at least other 2 old gods in Azeroth but we don't know where.

Do you have any idea of where they could be?
    Since DW is being corrupted for Millennia and that one (two?) of his lieutenants was Cho'Gall, which was empowered by (dead?) C'thun, nothing rules out C'thun and Yogg-Saron as the other 2.

But yeah, N'Zoth is implied too heavily as one of them to be ignored. Y-Shaarj... I don't think that old God have any participation between being killed and the fall of Thunder King in the upcoming patch. He was just too dispersed, and kept that way by the Shado-pan for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that deviates from that order is abomination to them.
    Correct but as long as Azeroth is not surrendered to the Gods, we are part of that order.

I don't think the Titans treasure us at all! We are mere toys to them.
    If that would be the case, why could Algalon be persuaded to alter the code?

Corruption. Unless Blizzard changes titans into generic benevolent entities, Algalon would be reprogrammed upon return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption. Unless Blizzard changes titans into generic benevolent entities, Algalon would be reprogrammed upon return.
    I highly doubt that.

All constructs so far have been most accommodating to the denizens of Azeroth. The ones that were not, were truly corrupted like Loken or the corrupted Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Since DW is being corrupted for Millennia and that one (two?) of his lieutenants was Cho'Gall, which was empowered by (dead?) C'thun, nothing rules out C'thun and Yogg-Saron as the other 2.

But yeah, N'Zoth is implied too heavily as one of them to be ignored. Y-Shaarj... I don't think that old God have any participation between being killed and the fall of Thunder King in the upcoming patch. He was just too dispersed, and kept that way by the Shado-pan for ages.
    I think he was already corrupted 10k years ago.

Sparing us was outside of his purpose as determined by the Titans. Algalon stopped to only think rationally and began to feel when seeing us fight so eagerly for survival.

Maybe he could even be seen as malfuncioning by the Titans right now.

Or maybe heralds are also able to have some sort of free will... Seeing as Algalon decided to stay in Azeroth to study us for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe heralds are also able to have some sort of free will... Seeing as Algalon decided to stay in Azeroth to study us for some time.
    So if the construct can be taught the value of life, don't you think the Creators are aware of it?

So if the construct can be taught the value of life, don't you think the Creators are aware of it?
    Maybe! Who knows...

I don't know if Titans are suposed to be oniscient and onipotent... It is very possible they are blind to most things happening in Azeroth... Or maybe they do know and they want to see how we react to it. Like an experiment.

Try this - Yrsaskjhasd (w/e) was the first Old God that the Titans encountered. After a long, arduous battle with many bitter losses, the Titans eventually killed him only to have him spawn other monstrosities.

As a consequence, the Titans understood that they needed to come up with another method of dealing with them - something not as costly in life, and that would not spawn other horrors.

Their answer was containment.

They made up the lore so they can make it anything they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    That is the thing... I don't think the Titans treasure us at all! We are mere toys to them.

Or like the previous poster said... Anything that goes out of their visoin of perfection must be purged.
    Then why didn't they purge their creations when they were affected by the Curse of Flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Then why didn't they purge their creations when they were affected by the Curse of Flesh?
    Because they didn't want to start over, that is the sole reason, if their creations stray to far from the path the Titans have for them, they will be purged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because they didn't want to start over, that is the sole reason, if their creations stray to far from the path the Titans have for them, they will be purged.
    In my opinion, if they were so obsessed with perfection, they wouldn't take the "lazy" route and would have started from scratch. They seem to accept "improvements" on their creations, even if the said "improvements" are not their doing.

Deleted
    Best thing would be if it was discovered that the old gods were controlled by Krang and Shredder !
    But on a more serious note, i hope that Sargeras comes to Azeroth and tries to release the old gods only to be slain by them

I think Blizzard is trying to put the Burning Legion and Sargeras back to the post of major villain. The Old Gods were taking too much space, and for some reason they decided it was best to picture them as a more vulnerable enemy than what we imagined.

The idea that the Titans are "good guys" seems kind of flawed I think. They care about as much for us as a scientist does his creation, if it's found to be flawed, destroy it and start again.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    And then you just want to scream.... " EMERALD DREAM..... GOD DAMN MO.... FUUUUU ER ! WHERE IS MY EMERALD DREAM "

Killing the dream /Cry