Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sure hope this zoom out bug from entering the Halloween instance never goes away. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sure hope this zoom out bug from entering the Halloween instance never goes away. D:
    Super secret live testing the feature as a "bug"? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol it just makes me end up breathing on my sylvaris shoulder whenever I leave the zone because of how far I have to scroll in to normalize it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    In one match i was the last villager with 2 minutes on the clock, most tense game ever. My metal gear solid skills came into play though with the stealth ability.
    I just tried it for the first time...managed to survive as a villager until the last minute or so. So tense, so much fun. Found a great hiding place behind a little building in a corner where I could see when most ghosts were coming (there was another avenue of approach that I couldn't see without moving, but I figured most wouldn't come that way). I was grinning like the Mad King's Moon shield when I managed to hide right before one came searching behind it, ran right past me, and disappeared around the edge of the building just before my hide wore off.

I ended up spending so much time as a villager, I didn't get to experience the ghost side of things. That will change. *evil Mad King style grin*

Definitely going to miss this game mode if there's not a permanent version.

Just got the staff Halloween skin from the mad king dungeon

:3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

i regret playing an engineer just because of this skin ...

Deleted

Lucky!
    I've been running that dungeon like nuts and the best item I got was a dye pack.

Only worth 15g? I'm horde it and sell it at Christmas :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree, This is how I played PvP through all the MMOs I've played. The max zoom out for the Halloween events are perfect for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only worth 15g? I'm horde it and sell it at Christmas :3
    What staff? The scarecrow? Or another?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    What staff? The scarecrow? Or another?
    The crossing, its the one you would of have to craft and be very expensive to craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the dungeon 3 times in a row today, nothing came out of tah king

We heard your questions about extending the Halloween event for those of you affected by Sandy. Unfortunately we cannot do that, but the reason why we can’t is exciting: We are preparing for our big November update, which will start on November 15, and there will be content that will be in the game prior to that, leading up to the event. But we also want to use this moment to remind you all that your personal safety is much more important than any computer game. If you could be affected by the storm, please listen to the authorities and take every precaution to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. Tyria will still be there once the storm is over.
    No event extending, though I don't see how letting an event stay open an extra day or so effects progress on the development of new content. Are they constantly working on the live event in some way in order to keep it running? Not that I really care overall though.

New content Nov 15th!

10+ Year Old Account
    The crossing, its the one you would of have to craft and be very expensive to craft.
    O.o it can drop from The Mad King!?!

When does the event end? Is Halloween the last day? I've been procrastinating, but I want to make sure I've bought/learned all the seasonal recipes before they disappear. Does anyone happen to know of a guide to all of the discovery recipes?

The recipes are pretty much all random drops from chests or the mystic forge. I think you can learn a few by discovery but those are just the runes I believe.

And yes, Halloween is the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    No event extending, though I don't see how letting an event stay open an extra day or so effects progress on the development of new content. Are they constantly working on the live event in some way in order to keep it running? Not that I really care overall though.

New content Nov 15th!
    The ramp-up events for the content patch might start on the 1st of November
    Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    O.o it can drop from The Mad King!?!
    I can confirm the Halloween weapons drop from the Mad King. Seen 2 Arachnaphobias drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The recipes are pretty much all random drops from chests or the mystic forge. I think you can learn a few by discovery but those are just the runes I believe.

And yes, Halloween is the last day.
    The rune & sigil recipes only come from the personalized ToT bags. The Halloween weapons can be mystic forged but you need to at least make the Halloween component portion before the holdiday ends. The rest can be done later.
    Valar morghulis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    There are a couple problems with the puzzle.

1. Camera zooming in right after that break period depending on how your camera is turned. This really threw me off my first day doing the puzzle and i always fell at that part or a lil bit after cuz camera was doing weird things. Dunno if it got fixed or because i started going at a different angle.

2. Big characters. If your a human sylvari or asura it is hard to judge the edge of platforms when a big charr or huge norn is covering up your character. Even when i got better at getting near the halfway point i would always do worse with a norn or charr near me. I would usually slow down and let them pass or hope that i was far enough ahead.

3. Players wearing colors the same as the clocktower, or players wearing the same colors as you. The latter only happened once to me and it was after i finished the puzzle already so i didnt really care as much when it caused me to die. I could not tell if it was me or him that was jumping as we where right on top of each other and when he jumped it got to the point where i would instinctively jump, unfortunatlely i was slightly behind him and missed a platform.
    Characters using a golden yellow color really messes ppl up, Especially full sized banana yellow norn males.

4.Falling flat on your face. This got me a few times as i was in a hurry to avoid the slime that was millimeters from making me fail and i end up missing the half cog jump or messing that jump up. The time it takes to get up from that fall just puts you on edge as you try to make that jump and you end up botching it.
    Agreed this is the issue I am having with it as well. As a person with a motoric impairments (thus weak muscle memory capabilities) things like these puzzles are always a welcome challenge to prove myself I can do it in spite of the odds. However this means I can't take much of distraction, it's like 100% - 0% within 0.5s drop in performance for me. Usually I am trying to grudgingly accept that nothing can be perfectly done and they can't cater to the lowest denominator. However these issues are present throughout the game and then thrown together into one encounter culminate into an epitome of aggravation. I lost track because I didn't know how many fails were mine and then actually induced by visual confusion. I have been very vocal about this and said even if this is optional content these issues need to be ironed out (and naturally no first-launch content is ever perfect so I am not holding it against it).
    The challenge level is about right but it's hard to know when you are constantly distracted by the issues.

I also tend to call the concept so far AVP (Asura Versus Player). I am currently trying to learn to jump blind if possible without looking at the monitor at all. At least the first steps past the cog when the crowd has thinned out.

-> Camera snapping onto edges and before my character randomly
    -> Players clouding my character or making it hard to discern ground from players (fixing it by leaving and re-entering but once in a while group is Charr/Norn-laden again and it's leave/re-enter)

However it seems it wasn't intended to be a model/player race anyway and I am sure until next year camera issues will be a thing of the past hopefully.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the 11 other players the first 5 jumps are hell, after that 90% of the people has already fallen off :P

getting this puzzle done took me 2 hours
    best 2 hours in-game so far

ps: Im asura, the start might be better when your char
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .