Hope you have a backup somewhere? no? Dang, thats bad news! Can imagine the pain!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    OMG.... I really screwed up somewhere.... I reformatted my computer today and reinstalled everything. Somewhere along the line I messed up IronChests.... I logged in to find all my Iron chests gone.... Apparently the Iron Chests mod didn't get copied over. Now I have lost everything I had in those chests.... dammit....
    I believe this is an NEI moment (cheat'em back if you can remember them)

... no world backup: ( i_i)/( , ,)>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post
    Hope you have a backup somewhere? no? Dang, thats bad news! Can imagine the pain!
    Yeah, forgot to copy the backups to the backup computer before reformatting. So yeah, I goofed big time...... Luckily the world itself is fine. Only thing I lost was the iron chests and their contents. Which was quite a bit. About 30 diamonds, 8 stacks iron ingots, stakcs of other misc ingots, a bijillion freaking nicolite (Eloraam needs to cut down the generation of it, WAAAAAY too much in the world).... so much stuff, ugh....

HAHA, looks like I left a little bit of iron in a project table (love these things!). At least I have something to help get me started again. And no, I can't use cheats. I don't remember exactly what I had so I'd feel bad cheating in some stuff. I only cheat stuff in as a last resort and only if I know 100% that I had it.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-26 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Your netbook could just be overheating. Hard to say without any stats.
    Intel Atom 1.66GHz
    1024MB RAM
    Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Graphics (integrated for sure)
    WinXP SP3 running on minimal services and highest performance settings (following BlackViper's best tips and practices)
    No page file, all on RAM

Running MC 1.4.6 with the following settings
    java -Xmx800m -jar "minecraft.exe"

Can't pull any more juice out of this little one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzo2001 View Post
    Intel Atom 1.66GHz
    1024MB RAM
    Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Graphics (integrated for sure)
    WinXP SP3 running on minimal services and highest performance settings (following BlackViper's best tips and practices)
    No page file, all on RAM

Running MC 1.4.6 with the following settings
    java -Xmx800m -jar "minecraft.exe"

Can't pull any more juice out of this little one
    Ouch, surprised you can get any mods running on that! You gotta be pushing that poor thing hard!

Deleted
    post duplication? what did I do wrong?
    ---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 11:57 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Ouch, surprised you can get any mods running on that! You gotta be pushing that poor thing hard!
    I have to forget about complex automation and BC quarries, RP computers and complex frames. I have to remember to turn off engines when I go mining and never leave leaves hanging around for decay (gotta love the new scickle). I can still play in peacefull but I have to turn it on for the gunpowder, spider eyes, bones, etc...
    Last edited by mmoc9156f6ed02; 2012-12-26 at 10:58 PM. Reason: duplicated content

10+ Year Old Account
    so if you had "stacks" of iron, you at least know you had "at least one" stack of iron (¬ ¬)
    Haha, true. The only single item that I remember the exact amount was diamonds. But yeah, I know I had stacks of iron so I guess I won't feel too bad spawning in a stack or 2.

Deleted
    to fuzzzie

I was curious about the NEI plugin from mistaqur but the link to the thread only takes me to AdFly for download. Is this as intended?

Came in thinking this was a guide on how to create your own mods for minecraft.

I am disappoint.

Technic Launcher is the only thing you need for all your modding needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    NEI is still not showing up in my old world. No idea why...
    Possibly a config file setting, possibly the wrong hotkey. Try everything like E, I, U to get it to open. There are config options so its hidden. Check those too. Also check that it's installed in the coremods folder and you have Codechicken core too.

OMG.... I really screwed up somewhere.... I reformatted my computer today and reinstalled everything. Somewhere along the line I messed up IronChests.... I logged in to find all my Iron chests gone.... Apparently the Iron Chests mod didn't get copied over. Now I have lost everything I had in those chests.... dammit....
    Ouch.. damn. Do you have any backups? I back mine up twice a day and keep a months worth of backups to be safe.

Thanks too Greevir, Tommyk and Fuzzzie
    the optifine settings have improved somewhat the framerate. I'm already pushing the best out of this minibook so I know I shouldn't be using this PC for playing but it's all I have left.

I'm still impressed with your efforts in this thread. If there is anything I can help out with please let me know. I'll be checking in daily

Happy holidays to you all ^^
    Thanks! Happy Holidays to you too.

Yeah, forgot to copy the backups to the backup computer before reformatting. So yeah, I goofed big time...... Luckily the world itself is fine. Only thing I lost was the iron chests and their contents. Which was quite a bit. About 30 diamonds, 8 stacks iron ingots, stakcs of other misc ingots, a bijillion freaking nicolite (Eloraam needs to cut down the generation of it, WAAAAAY too much in the world).... so much stuff, ugh....
    Have you tried crating Nikolite yet with forestry? Haven't had a chance to try yet. Either that or my favorite.. void pipes

HAHA, looks like I left a little bit of iron in a project table (love these things!). At least I have something to help get me started again. And no, I can't use cheats. I don't remember exactly what I had so I'd feel bad cheating in some stuff. I only cheat stuff in as a last resort and only if I know 100% that I had it.
    yeah, once you start cheating a little, you'll just end up cheating a lot. It's handy to have the option to cheat stuff in in test worlds, but I wish you could disable it completely on some worlds.

Agreed. 1Gb of RAM isn't a lot for Minecraft with mods.

to fuzzzie

I was curious about the NEI plugin from mistaqur but the link to the thread only takes me to AdFly for download. Is this as intended?
    There is a page, but it doesn't have a lot of info. The thread link should take you to it. It might be blocked if you have an adblocker since it's somehow hosted with adfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Came in thinking this was a guide on how to create your own mods for minecraft.

I am disappoint.

Technic Launcher is the only thing you need for all your modding needs.
    Chances are if you're using technic launcher then you don't have any hope of creating your own mod anyways.. good day.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-26 at 11:25 PM.

Chances are if you're using technic launcher then you don't have any hope of creating your own mod anyways.. good day.

So defensive. Because I prefer convenience over needless bullshit?

Technic Launcher has the only mods really worth using in MC.

I have gone ahead and reported your post for harrassment.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2012-12-26 at 11:48 PM.

Alcsaar, so sensitive. Well head on back over to the Technic forums. We aren't going to miss you. And if you think that was harassement then you clearly have had a sheltered life.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Alcsaar, so sensitive. Well head on back over to the Technic forums. We aren't going to miss you. And if you think that was harassement then you clearly have had a sheltered life.
    Implying stupidity is most certainly harrassment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some new tree breeding stuff being put in through Forestry. It's in Beta now... looks pretty good. I think it's supposed to integrate with XBXL too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some new tree breeding stuff being put in through Forestry. It's in Beta now... looks pretty good. I think it's supposed to integrate with XBXL too.

That's a lot of trees!

Possibly a config file setting, possibly the wrong hotkey. Try everything like E, I, U to get it to open. There are config options so its hidden. Check those too. Also check that it's installed in the coremods folder and you have Codechicken core too.
    Forge: minecraftforge-universal-1.4.6-6.5.0.486.zip (but also tried some lower)

coremods
    CodeChickenCore 0.7.0.1.jar
    NotEnoughItems 1.4.4.0.jar
    [1.4.6]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.6.r01.Uni.CoreMod.jar

mods
    the usual mods in current versions (BC, IC2, Forestry, RP2, TC3, Railcraft, SC2)

I deleted the NEI.cfg to force and new one. All default now

enable=true
    hidden=false

It just not showing in game but it does show in the menu (MODS) as loaded. Nothing unsual in the logfile.

It worked before but normaly I have the interface hidden ('o') and now I cannot bring it back again. If I only could remember how I killed it

Out of ideas how to make it show again... I miss it because of the recipe mode. I am quite bad in remembering all the recipes

10+ Year Old Account
    Forge: minecraftforge-universal-1.4.6-6.5.0.486.zip (but also tried some lower)

coremods
    CodeChickenCore 0.7.0.1.jar
    NotEnoughItems 1.4.4.0.jar
    [1.4.6]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.6.r01.Uni.CoreMod.jar

mods
    the usual mods in current versions (BC, IC2, Forestry, RP2, TC3, Railcraft, SC2)

I deleted the NEI.cfg to force and new one. All default now

enable=true
    hidden=false

It just not showing in game but it does show in the menu (MODS) as loaded. Nothing unsual in the logfile.

It worked before but normaly I have the interface hidden ('o') and now I cannot bring it back again. If I only could remember how I killed it

Out of ideas how to make it show again... I miss it because of the recipe mode. I am quite bad in remembering all the recipes
    Do you at least see the option button in the bottom left when you open your inv?

Do you at least see the option button in the bottom left when you open your inv?
    No, I even tried different GUI-Scale setting (because I thought it may be rendered off-screen, but nothing)

Tried 'u' and 'r' while howering mouse over a tool or resource to see its use or crafting recipe. Nothing.

Maybe its time for a backup and new install from scratch. Adding NEI first and see when its going away

EDIT:

Ha! Found it. NEI tries to inject into 'minecraft.jar' (but I have many different Versions installed like 'minecraft_1.4.6.jar')

I made the 1.4.6 my base-install and so NEI found it and works now as intended. yay

Thanks for the help. That was really bugging me
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2012-12-27 at 02:20 AM. Reason: found reason NEI was not showing

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I even tried different GUI-Scale setting (because I thought it may be rendered off-screen, but nothing)

Tried 'u' and 'r' while howering mouse over a tool or resource to see its use or crafting recipe. Nothing.

Maybe its time for a backup and new install from scratch. Adding NEI first and see when its going away
    Hmm.... using any mods not on Fuzzies list that I can check? I just did a clean install with all of them and NEI is working fine.

Hmm.... using any mods not on Fuzzies list that I can check? I just did a clean install with all of them and NEI is working fine.
    aw, thanks but you already lead me on the right path. Was my own fault. Those are the best and hardest to find