Deleted
    Well u know what mods I use so I will give that version a run and see what happens

- - - Updated - - -

nope still same crash lol its some mod ity dont like because my mod list drops by one but buggered if i can see what one it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    Forge above 829 just crashes my game when u brake a block sent error log to cpw
    Are you useing optifine and getting a error like this "Rendering screen java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: lastBrightnessY
    at codechicken.lib.render.CCRenderState.pullLightmap(CCRenderState.java:134)
    at codechicken.enderstorage.common.ItemEnderStorageRenderer.renderItem

fixed by removeing Optifine belive you will crash when entering inventory too...
    Last edited by Adarcer; 2013-09-02 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Nope never use it

I had same problem (weeks ago) I think I reverted to forge 828 and stayed there till around forge 835 then tried new versions...was kinda pissed as it broke the world i was playing at the time...and lost like 80% of my minecraft comes alive villagers and guards in my "fortified" village and made me lose allot of my stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarcer View Post
    I tried the current version of IC 2 experimental 133 logged into game checked my memory usage and it was fluctuating from 60 to 90% usage I went back to the IC 2 expermental build 122 and it fixed the issue (Steady memory usage around 50-60% Allocated).. I would not suggest using it as something in those versions is not using memory efficiently..
    That's beta mods for you. New IC2 stuff looks fun but it's still a work in progress. Just because there is a build of something doesn't mean it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarcer View Post
    I had same problem (weeks ago) I think I reverted to forge 828 and stayed there till around forge 835 then tried new versions...was kinda pissed as it broke the world i was playing at the time...and lost like 80% of my minecraft comes alive villagers and guards in my "fortified" village and made me lose allot of my stuff...
    It's a good time to remind everyone to perform backups on all your worlds, mods and configs. If you're messing with experimental, alpha, beta, pre-release or anything like that then there's no guarantee it will work or not break stuff. The problem is also compounded when you start adding 50-100 other mods together and hoping they'll all work.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they're testing Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4 on Forgecraft 2.

http://t.co/nPN03jf9qr

I'm sure Dw20 will have a video about it in the next few days. Looking forward to Thaumcraft the most.

Since the subject of backups came up, I thought I would pass along the info on the backup program I have been using for a long time and it works really great. Called MineBack.

minecraftforum.net/topic/356852-mineback-minecraft-automated-backup-single-player-only/

Pretty easy to setup and the author continues to update and improve the utility over the years. I use the Ultimate version which costs about 5 pounds but it has saved me so many times I can't count them all. Backup and restore is a one button operation.

Additionally you can have the mod automagically backup your mods and/or your config files at the same time. At restore you have the option to restore those additional files if you want. Works really well.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-09-03 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    1.6.2 Updates!
    Isn't it on your server?
    No. I deleted it server side because of that issue. LORDY GIVE ME SOME CREDIT lol :b

Update to the list:

Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod
    Aircraft (Zeppelin) Mod

Deleted
    So te has been passed on to someone else

So te has been passed on to someone else
    Is that a statement or a question? It has been reported all over that KL said he would finish the 1.6.x version and then hand off the mod to someone else. Or has he already dropped out and passed it along?

Deleted
    Yep already passed on was talking about it in latest direwolf vid

Optifine has been updated, he has a preview version of C1 Ultra that just drops into the Mods folder. Requires forge #845 or greater. Happy I don't have to edit the forge jar anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    Optifine has been updated, he has a preview version of C1 Ultra that just drops into the Mods folder. Requires forge #845 or greater. Happy I don't have to edit the forge jar anymore.
    C2 is out too and has an installer built in to the jar like the Forge installer. I'll get it up soon. Just got off an 11 hour shift.

Yep already passed on was talking about it in latest direwolf vid
    That's good. Hopefully they'll be full of fire and get it out soon. It's been too long as is. Might actually get to do 1.6.2 for my LP.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Forge Multipart Updated
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Portalgun Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • Tinker's Construct Updated
    • Truss Mod Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Nuclear Control Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Ender IO Updated
    • Optifine Updated

The nuclear control update is for those using the IC2 Experimental version. This looking for the regular Ic2 version can get it here: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3296&h=6c15c8beea5376f643dc4b4504319d217ec90fe0

C2 is out too and has an installer built in to the jar like the Forge installer.
    I guess I'll go grab C2 because I'm having that old bug I used to see in Optifine where mobs limbs (and the players) start to disappear. I saw a spider, well just the center torso and 2 legs walking by me. LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'll go grab C2 because I'm having that old bug I used to see in Optifine where mobs limbs (and the players) start to disappear. I saw a spider, well just the center torso and 2 legs walking by me. LOL
    Can I ask what benefit you derive from Optifine at this point? I've done testing with my shitty computer and haven't found a fps/performance difference that is really worth speaking about. Sure there is a tiny improvement, but given the problems it causes with mobs, TESR's, mods and the like, not to mention it's struggle to keep up with Forge, I gotta wonder that the attraction still is.

Not saying it's bad to use it, I'm just wondering where the pro's outweigh the cons.

Can I ask what benefit you derive from Optifine at this point? I've done testing with my shitty computer and haven't found a fps/performance difference that is really worth speaking about. Sure there is a tiny improvement, but given the problems it causes with mobs, TESR's, mods and the like, not to mention it's struggle to keep up with Forge, I gotta wonder that the attraction still is.

Not saying it's bad to use it, I'm just wondering where the pro's outweigh the cons.
    Totally valid question. I tried to stop using it. When Forge did whatever they did to support hires texture packs and the recent changes to increase FPS when using hires packs.

Honestly, I don't see a huge difference in the FPS with Optifine, I've always wondered about the people that claim they get a big jump. I've never seen it. But I've recently started doing some YouTube videos and it helps make up for the FPS hit I get from the recording process. I have also noticed using the mipmap settings, textures that are far away look smoother, which I find looks better in the final video.

Another thing I do like with Optifine, recording or not, is using the Multi-Core chunk loading. The world around me seems to draw much faster with it turned on. When playing with mods, this is especially key because we are able to move at a much faster rate than vanilla.

Since I have your eyes. What do you use to record? I've been using Fraps, like everyone else, but I find it a bit clunky. I just got Camtasia and it has a nice interface. The ability to pause a recording is very nice. I don't end up with 15 video that all have to be stitched together. Plus the built in timer helps me keep track of my video length. When trying to just run a stopwatch to time my recordings, I'd always forget to start it. Yes, I'm stupid.

Last question...what do YOU do to give yourself peak FPS for recording on your self titled shitty computer? </endthreadhijack>

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't see a huge difference in the FPS with Optifine, I've always wondered about the people that claim they get a big jump. I've never seen it. But I've recently started doing some YouTube videos and it helps make up for the FPS hit I get from the recording process. I have also noticed using the mipmap settings, textures that are far away look smoother, which I find looks better in the final video.
    That's fair. I don't know how often I've recorded with Optifine. I usually pre-load my world and travel around a bit before starting the recording. It seems to smooth things out. Playing for like 5 mins before hitting record, that sort of thing.

Another thing I do like with Optifine, recording or not, is using the Multi-Core chunk loading. The world around me seems to draw much faster with it turned on. When playing with mods, this is especially key because we are able to move at a much faster rate than vanilla.
    Haven't noticed this difference. When loading a heavily modded world there is certainly lag when starting, but I find that is rather limited to the first few mins of play. Once everything has had a chance to load properly then it doesn't seem to be as big of a factor. Just going off my experience and no actual evidence though.

Since I have your eyes.
    hehe, I read everything

What do you use to record? I've been using Fraps, like everyone else, but I find it a bit clunky.
    I use Fraps as well. I used to use OBS but it would never record in 720p for me.

I just got Camtasia and it has a nice interface. The ability to pause a recording is very nice. I don't end up with 15 video that all have to be stitched together. Plus the built in timer helps me keep track of my video length. When trying to just run a stopwatch to time my recordings, I'd always forget to start it. Yes, I'm stupid.
    When I record I always intentionally stop. I'll make an excuse for it or whatever. I always stop recording to check what I'm doing and make sure it's coming out okay. I don't really edit. WYSIWYG I'll sometimes cut a section of recording if it's pointless but I do that while I'm recording. In the end the 8-10 videos from fraps I have make the episode. Keep in mind that I'm on the low end of production quality for MC Let's Plays and taking my advice wont win you awards lol

Last question...what do YOU do to give yourself peak FPS for recording on your self titled shitty computer? </endthreadhijack>
    I avg around 25-30 but sometimes the Fraps doesn't give me that. I go with what I get. It's quick and dirty. If I was a 'youtube celeb' with 25,000 subs then I would invest in new hardware and bring a full 1080p experience with cuts, transitions etc. I don't feel like I'm there though and I don't really expect to be. I record and commentate because I find it fun and the people who enjoy my stuff, be it a small audience is satisfying for me.

Probably more info than you asked for but I suspect you watch my channel and know what I do. It's a hobby for me and I'm limited to what I have. Maybe if my next LP goes well (I'm throwing all my eggs into that basket) then I might step up production.

Don't be affraid to start small though. My first recording barely were 480 and lagged like hell. I kinda learned tricks to fix that.

Don't be affraid to start small though. My first recording barely were 480 and lagged like hell. I kinda learned tricks to fix that.
    Oh, I'm small...much smaller than you. 31 subs. It's new though and I totally understand it doesn't happen overnight. My hardest part is the commentary, I can't just gab like KurtJMac or Direwolf. To get around that, I got my girlfriend addicted to Minecraft and now I record us both playing. I also started a little vanilla server with a bunch of fun people I found on reddit and I've been doing a vanilla series there using Teamspeak to capture everyone talking. It's hard for me though, I miss my mods!

Thanks for your work on this list. I check it every few days and update my mods then I read through all the new posts. I like to running the cutting edge even if it means one legged sheep sometimes. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'm small...much smaller than you. 31 subs. It's new though and I totally understand it doesn't happen overnight. My hardest part is the commentary, I can't just gab like KurtJMac or Direwolf. To get around that, I got my girlfriend addicted to Minecraft and now I record us both playing. I also started a little vanilla server with a bunch of fun people I found on reddit and I've been doing a vanilla series there using Teamspeak to capture everyone talking. It's hard for me though, I miss my mods!
    Recording both you and your GF is a unique concept. It should do well. I started with only like 11 subs and now somehow have almost 1000. It's kinda weird, even though the views don't line up. Either way, it sounds cool.

You have enough posts now to post a URL. What's your channel?

Thanks for your work on this list. I check it every few days and update my mods then I read through all the new posts. I like to running the cutting edge even if it means one legged sheep sometimes. =)
    Thanks for reading this thread. It's always been my number 1 priority. Offering a solid list of mods that's up to date is far more useful than a youtube channel

Lots of chatter on TE IRC today that Myrathi is new mod developer for TE. Nothing but rumors at this point but have seen several of the people who are regulars on that forum saying they believe he is the one, but who knows. Right now I would be happy just with a straight port to 1.6.x for whoever takes over.