Quote Originally Posted by pa99 View Post
    Hi gents,

I am testing upgrading my 1.5.1 world to 1.5.2 and get constant crashes (does not even load) from chickenbones coremods, they do not seem to work with any recent versions of forge. I think it's buildcraft that needs forge 688+ plus, but chickenbones mods cannot deal with it...anyone noticing this?

Cheers
    codechickencore 0.8.6.5 is a little borked. you need to roll back to forge 689. most users in the chicken bones thread at mc forums are reporting 689 works.

You like unique mods.... I present gasses in minecraft! I am playing with it alone on a basic vinilla for fun. It is quite neat! Now apparently I can't post a link..... but never the less give it a look in minecraft forums.

If you want to use CodeChickenCore (the newest) with the latest forge you can do the following, it worked for me, its not pretty but its a workaround.

was in the thread at minecraft forums here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...#entry22410627

It is possible to run CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.5 with Minecraftforge 7.8.0.700[690+] but you need an unzipping tool (7zip) and a hexeditor (HxD) to get it right.
    Just open CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.5.jar with an unzipping tool (7zip) and extract codechicken\core\asm\FeatureHackTransformer.class.
    Open this file with a hexeditor (HxD) and change byte 00001816 from 0A to 1C and put this file back into the jar overwriting FeatureHackTransformer.class
    This is a dirty hack and nothing more (no guarantees).
    Use it at your own risk.
    And do NOT upload a modified version of FeatureHackTransformer.class or CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.5.jar anywhere.

Deleted
    Thanks awhtx and hofmann, i will give it a go!

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Enchanting Plus Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated

Hey guys. Sorry for the slow updates. Actually not feeling great right now so I'm gonna jet. I'll read your posts tomorrow. Cheers.

Deleted
    Hey fuzzie, I just wanted to recommend a mod for your list. Extra Utilities http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...tilities-v022/. It adds quite a few nifty blocks and items, such as the Sound Muffler or Angel Block. Sound muffler is quite selfe-xplanatory, the angel block if right clicked will be placed as close the you as possible without the need of an adjecent block, so it can be placed in the air. The good thing with the mod is that all blocks and items can be completely disabled individually in the config so they wont even show up in NEI.

Deleted
    Hey fuzzie, I just wanted to recommend a mod for your list. Extra Utilities http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...tilities-v022/. It adds quite a few nifty blocks and items, such as the Sound Muffler or Angel Block. Sound muffler is quite self-explanatory, the angel block if right clicked will be placed as close to you as possible without the need of an adjecent block, so it can be placed in the air. The good thing with the mod is that all blocks and items can be completely disabled individually in the config so they wont even show up in NEI.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGeek View Post
    Hey fuzzie, I just wanted to recommend a mod for your list. Extra Utilities http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...tilities-v022/. It adds quite a few nifty blocks and items, such as the Sound Muffler or Angel Block. Sound muffler is quite self-explanatory, the angel block if right clicked will be placed as close to you as possible without the need of an adjecent block, so it can be placed in the air. The good thing with the mod is that all blocks and items can be completely disabled individually in the config so they wont even show up in NEI.
    BevolJ did a mod spotlight on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKgQ5DzhLrU

looks interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a look but I'm not adding anything just yet. We still have mods that have to update from 1.4.7 and mods that have to update to 1.5.2. Until then I'm going to leave things alone. Looks cool though.

-------------

Updates later today if anything major pops up. I'm checking 2-3 times a day for Mystcraft or Ars Magica updates which are what is needed to finish off 1.5.2. If nothing interesting catches my eye in the way of updates I'll wait until tomorrow. Haven't seen anything on twitter really, although this one thing looked cool:

http://t.co/NrHtBzlxD3

Comes from Binnie of Extra Bees. Looks like hes working on stuff for the butterflies that are expected in a future Forestry release.

Xycraft is on Forgecraft for testing. Release expected rather soon. Next EE3 update expected sometime soon as well. Pahimar was on a coding spree.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-05-15 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoZti View Post
    You like unique mods.... I present gasses in minecraft! I am playing with it alone on a basic vinilla for fun. It is quite neat! Now apparently I can't post a link..... but never the less give it a look in minecraft forums.
    It looks really interesting, but other than filling Greever's house with neurotoxin, I don't really see a point to it. I'll have to try it out to see what else it could bring to the table.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGeek View Post
    Hey fuzzie, I just wanted to recommend a mod for your list. Extra Utilities http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...tilities-v022/. It adds quite a few nifty blocks and items, such as the Sound Muffler or Angel Block. Sound muffler is quite selfe-xplanatory, the angel block if right clicked will be placed as close the you as possible without the need of an adjecent block, so it can be placed in the air. The good thing with the mod is that all blocks and items can be completely disabled individually in the config so they wont even show up in NEI.
    This actually looks pretty cool. Another item transfer system isn't entirely necessary, but it does have similar function to pneumatic tubes (it'd be nice for barrels or farms with simple logistics). The angel block and curtains are pretty cool too.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2013-05-15 at 11:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    • Ars Magica Updated

Finally updated. Now all we're missing is Mystcraft. Really hope that comes out sometime this week.

Deleted
    Hmm...I install Forge, optifine and BWG. Everything works fine.
    Then I put corechickenmod in the coremod folder...and the game doesn't start anymore.

Is says FML is setting up your minecraft environment: please wait, fml has some tasks to do before you can play.

Minecraft validated, launching...

And then it gets stuck on 0%.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Check your version numbers mate chicken bones stuff not updated to latest forge yet check post 4 above it tells you about it

Deleted
    Thanks! I've left out any chickenbone mods at the moment.
    Now I run into another problem. I read about these blockID issues, but that doesn't seem to be the issue in this case. Basically everything goes to hell when I install Thaumcraft:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong

Time: 16.5.2013 15:48
    Description: Failed to start game

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: base12Biomes
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:142)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:691)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:206)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:448)
    at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: base12Biomes
    at thaumcraft.common.Config.initEntitySpawns(Config.java:787)
    at thaumcraft.common.Thaumcraft.init(Thaumcraft.java:118)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.j ava:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:165)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.j ava:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:98)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:690)
    ... 5 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_21, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 362026920 bytes (345 MB) / 659816448 bytes (629 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.51 FML v5.2.6.700 Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.700 Optifine OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_U_D2 15 mods loaded, 15 mods active
    mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    FML{5.2.6.700} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forge{7.8.0.700} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Core{3.5.3} [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders{3.5.3} [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy{3.5.3} [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory{3.5.3} [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Transport{3.5.3} [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon{3.5.3} [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.5.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forestry{2.2.2.2} [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-2.2.2.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BinnieCore{1.6-pre7} [Binnie Core] (extra-bees-1.6-pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ExtraBees{1.6-pre7} [Extra Bees] (extra-bees-1.6-pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IC2{1.115.311-lf} [In
    Sorry for the troubles :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Thanks! I've left out any chickenbone mods at the moment.
    Now I run into another problem. I read about these blockID issues, but that doesn't seem to be the issue in this case. Basically everything goes to hell when I install Thaumcraft:

Sorry for the troubles :/
    It looks as though Thaumcraft is having issues with worldgen in certain biomes, possibly caused by XBXL or BWG. Try pulling those two mods and loading again.

The configs I have listed are also only for 1.5.1, and haven't been tested with 1.5.2. While the ID's should still work fine, some changes may need to be made with the biome ID's.

Deleted
    what he said lol so how is fuzzie today? i hope you are well mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    what he said lol so how is fuzzie today? i hope you are well mate
    A bit better today. Still not feeling well. Didn't really get sick all winter and now I've got a cold Thanks for asking!

--------------------

Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • NotEnoughItems (NEI) Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • CoFH Core Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Omnitools Updated
    • Bibliocraft Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • OpenCCSensors Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Additional Pipes Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated

Stuff!

So I think I'll start a 1.5.2 client and begin testing everything sans Mystcraft of course. I'll be going through configs and doing an update for 1.5.2 this weekend probably.

Of course, if your current 1.5.1 world uses Mystcraft you'll have to wait for it to update before attempting to copy the world over. Doing so beforehand will probably wreck your savegame. I'll post results when I have them.

The Buildcraft updates should be compatible with the latest Buildcraft (3.5.3). Also, for those that missed it, Ars Magica updated last night.

Finally, there are 3 mods that may be getting the axe. Xenos Reliquary, Liquid Metals and Valve Pipe have not shown any signs of life since 1.4.7. They may be dropped fairly soon. Making a bit of room I may be adding Natura and Extra Utilities. I'll only be doing this once I have the 1.5.2 configs for the current mod list locked down. So there's that.

Have a good day. I'll be keeping an eye out for Mystcraft today and all weekend. Hopefully we get something.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 01:27 PM ----------

Oh! And the Chickenbones updates should address the issues someone was having a page back. Make sure you update all four of the Chickenbones mods if you do the update.

Deleted
    hope your cold goes soon i have stomach bug at mo which is nice lol and look forward to next update and yeah add natura you know u want to

Deleted
    Does the latest NEI also crash for you guys on startup? I'm reading a lot of people have this problem

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Does the latest NEI also crash for you guys on startup? I'm reading a lot of people have this problem
    About to begin testing. Will let you know.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:21 PM ----------

Works fine for me.

Forge 7.8.0.703

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:27 PM ----------

All Coremods installed successfully.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:33 PM ----------

Fixed some links:

• Fixed Immibis Microblocks Link (wrong version)
    • Fixed Ars Magica Link (Alternate)

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:50 PM ----------

Took a break, everything in the Mods list works with the exception of Project Bench (and Mystcraft of course).

Haven't installed IC2 or BC yet. Going to eat first.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:54 PM ----------

• Project Bench Updated

Looks as though Project Bench updated for 1.5.2 while sticking with the old version number. I've updated the link on the list for 1.5.2.