Deleted

[Movies] Sinister. Horror movie, thoughts?

I went to see Sinister yesterday, I wanted to know what you guys thought of it if you've seen it. I thought the story was excellent and the Super 8 films made it so that I dreaded it everytime I saw the montage of him turning the projector on.. The jumpscares were ok, there were a couple of troll ones, not gonna say when for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Lawnmower scene though, oh god that got everyone in my cinema. The humour was good too and they managed to not just focus on the jumpscares but actually make it all work as one. the music had to be the best, the car scene music made it so much harder to watch, I was wincing just because of the music.

Overall 8/10 I'd reccomend it. Not the best in terms of scariness, but in the heat of the moment you get into it and the story yet again is amazing.

Yeah it's getting decent reviews....I may have to check this one out. A long with the 1000 other movies I want to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was an amazing movie. It's not the typical horror movie that will have a jump scare and you laughing after. It's just a constant mood and feeling of dread and eeriness that does not let up even after you've left the theater. For me though, it's one of the creepiest and most disturbing film I've ever seen get wide release. (Keywords: That I've seen.) And it was amazing, a horror film with a good story, character I can care about, and actually terrifying moments. But yea, the home movies made it great, as well as the soundtrack, that lone will get you scared/on the edge of your seat, whichever. Most horrifying home movie overall would be the family bbq, it was just a complete package of horror. Music, what was happening, how it was filmed, everything. Lawnmower close second, dat jump scare.

I still don't know why they made a horror movie about the guy from Slipknot.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    I so want to see this movie! The trailer scared me so much!

I plan to check it out in the near future myself. Probably this weekend. Black metal musicians are scary folk.

Seriously though, it's got a 7.3 on IMDB, and they hate everything: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1922777/ That's enough for me to give it a chance.

I thought it was decent. The atmosphere, story, and the super8 films where all properly creepy, and the "Mr. Boogie" character was pretty awesome (lawl, slipknot)....however i found myself chuckling at most of the stuff that was supposed to be scary, save for one or two of the jumpscares. Also, i was thoroughly disappointed in the ending, but looking back on it, I can't think of any way to end that movie that wouldn't feel cheesy.

All in all I thought it was "ok"....nothing more, nothing less. Definitely glad I didn't pay to see it that makes any movie better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could've been better, could've been worse. The movies were gruesome, or would be if it were real. As it was, it was nothing near as strong as anything that pops up in the Saw flicks. I heard a couple of shouts during the lawnmower scene, but I thought it was way too obvious.

Did pretty well for a horror movie without a real villain. I never felt the demon or whatever was particularly threatening, nor were the dead kids.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow