Trouble changing talents, mods getting in the way.

Every time I try to unlearn a talent, I'm getting a message saying a mod, either Skada, XPerl, or a mysterious ***TaintForced*** is blocked from an action only available to Blizzard UI. Other than disabling Skada and Xperl the only way around this problem is to reload the UI, but this only works for one talent swap.

Is there any other way around this? And wtf is TaintForced? I know I don't have any mods by that name.

Not sure about Xperl, but Skada definitely shouldn't be doing this. Is it updated to the latest version? First thing to check with any addon-related issues.

I'd suggest googling Taintforced to find out what it is, but that could potentially give some dodgy returns from google. Turn on safesearch, the word 'taint' could give you some... interesting results. :P

Nearly every addon I have brings up this error, right down to simple bag addons. A reload is currently the only option I've found which helps.

I would hazard a guess the issue lies with Blizzard's coding.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Sounds like out of date addons. Even if they've been updated, the author probably hasn't fixed the real issue.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I would hazard a guess the issue lies with Blizzard's coding.
    Wrong. It would be the plugins interaction with Blizzards code, not visa versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    Every time I try to unlearn a talent, I'm getting a message saying a mod, either Skada, XPerl, or a mysterious ***TaintForced*** is blocked from an action only available to Blizzard UI. Other than disabling Skada and Xperl the only way around this problem is to reload the UI, but this only works for one talent swap.

Is there any other way around this? And wtf is TaintForced? I know I don't have any mods by that name.
    TaintForced is, if I recall correctly, referencing any UI addon trying to do something addons aren't permitted to do - for example right clicking a non-Blizzard portrait and choosing Set Focus. In the coding, an addon attempting to do something addons aren't permitted to is called "taint".

Thus either Skada or XPerl, or both, are attempting to do something they're not allowed to.

Of course, assuming I actually know what I'm talking about. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Wrong. It would be the plugins interaction with Blizzards code, not visa versa.
    Fair enough. Is this something that can be readily fixed? It's seems odd that so many addons, if not all of them, are causing this quite annoying issue.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

According to the popup I get when this happens on ElvUI, it's a taint and is something that's typically impossible for addon authors to fix. Just something you gotta put up with if you wanna use addons, I guess.

Deleted
    It's Blizzard coders messing up and making stupid mistakes. Almost nothing we can do about it.