Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I could go into detail of how much more content every other game has than SWTOR but the sbuscription numbers tell the story for us. SWTOR only has arguably only one existing system that it is doing nothing with and that is the codex. Other than that, they need to get creative ASAP.

I can't name one MMO that has less features than SWTOR right now. Not one. I don't play all of them, so I'm sure they are out there, but not any major ones.

The only saving grace this game had was the chance to actually offer a great F2P venture in order to fund the game's refinement. From looking at this ledger and all the other information we have, they don't want anyone playing this game other than subscribers. They only want to strong arm people into subscribing. So for all the talk of their copany going F2P 'across the board', they are proving to be painting the horse a different color.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Wasn't really but some one felt the need to proclaim SWTORs awesomeness in end game content and dragged the discussion down that path.
    The bigger man walks away first.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I thought it was the faster man...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Cool guys don't look at explosions. They just turn and they walk away.

Deleted
    I'm about to test the cartel system now on the test server. They just updated it and added the shop while giving free coins to all for testing purposes.

I'll actually be able to base my opinions on something more substantial than 'In my experience....'

Well, I hope to be able to at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I'm about to test the cartel system now on the test server. They just updated it and added the shop while giving free coins to all for testing purposes.

I'll actually be able to base my opinions on something more substantial than 'In my experience....'

Well, I hope to be able to at least
    Can you please take screenshots of everything and post small version of them here? I'm sure all of us would be curious to see the pricing structure to speculate what the relative value of individual coins may be.

Of course until we know the $ per coin, we won't know the whole story.

As begrudging as I would be having to give them $15 more to get my Cartel Coins, if I can unlock every feature I want so that I can continue to 'freeload' all over their game I might consider doing so. I'm sure it's this kind of wavering ethics that they can count on. I feel compelled to get part of my money back, yet I need to spend $15 more in order to do that.

It's like drug addicts trying to stop shooting heroin needing one last juice to carry them through it. It will be easier to quit the game having more experiences available to me in the long run. Maybe I can get my coins then cancel my card and dispute the charge. (devil, not mad face)

Sure they can take the stuff back, but not without great effort on their end with all the chaos that will be going on.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-23 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Can you please take screenshots of everything and post small version of them here? I'm sure all of us would be curious to see the pricing structure to speculate what the relative value of individual coins may be.

Of course until we know the $ per coin, we won't know the whole story.

As begrudging as I would be having to give them $15 more to get my Cartel Coins, if I can unlock every feature I want so that I can continue to 'freeload' all over their game I might consider doing so. I'm sure it's this kind of wavering ethics that they can count on. I feel compelled to get part of my money back, yet I need to spend $15 more in order to do that.

It's like drug addicts trying to stop shooting heroin needing one last juice to carry them through it. It will be easier to quit the game having more experiences available to me in the long run. Maybe I can get my coins then cancel my card and dispute the charge. (devil, not mad face)

Sure they can take the stuff back, but not without great effort on their end with all the chaos that will be going on.
    That's actually written proof of an intention to commit fraud. You're gonna have to get over the hate eventually.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    That's actually written proof of an intention to commit fraud. You're gonna have to get over the hate eventually.
    Is it really...hrm? Considering that it poses a hypothetical situation and no actual intent to commit an act, I would take a guess that it wouldn't hold up in court. I also wouldn't expect to be taken to court over $15, since just the filing fee minimum charge is $14. Sure it can be recouped with a winning judgment, but would most likely be settled for $15. This is assuming they want to waste their legal team's time instead of removing the services.

So you see, while I clearly have no literal intention of commiting said act, there would be no actual repercussions of import. I would rather waste my time combatting morons with biased views on forums than the process of disputing a $15 charge over the telephone.

None of this rambling changes the fact that this company is taking a squat over it's former customer's heads, if they decide to wade under the river of monetary poop. I hope these metaphors, legal jargon, and archaic word usage have unsettled you for the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So you see, while I clearly have no literal intention of commiting said act, there would be no actual repercussions of import. I would rather waste my time combatting morons with biased views on forums than the process of disputing a $15 charge over the telephone.
    NOOOOOO! EA'S SO GREEDY AND EVIL THAT THEY WOULD, AND THEN SUE YOU FOR COURT COSTS TO MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY STARVES!

In other news, here's what I've learned about the Market.

**Edit** Check it out here: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...locks-and-more
    Last edited by Lord Kristivas; 2012-10-23 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    NOOOOOO! EA'S SO GREEDY AND EVIL THAT THEY WOULD, AND THEN SUE YOU FOR COURT COSTS TO MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY STARVES!

In other news, here's what I've learned about the Market.

**Edit** Check it out here: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...locks-and-more
    ...Wow...I don't know what to say...You have to pay to unlock more action bars? Like...really? I'm like, offended that they think this would be acceptable to gamers. Call it petty and call me crazy, but I'm like, actually kinda offended.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    ...Wow...I don't know what to say...You have to pay to unlock more action bars? Like...really? I'm like, offended that they think this would be acceptable to gamers. Call it petty and call me crazy, but I'm like, actually kinda offended.
    Agree. That's literally the only thing on the list I thought they went overboard with, but yeah.. it made my brain full of fuck for a second.

Unlock: Additional Quickbar: 250 CC
    Unlocks an additional Quick Bar for abilities. Can be used to acquire a total of 6 Quick Bars. Subscribers automatically have the maximum number of Quick Bars.

Don't know if I should laugh or cry reading some of this shit.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's next? Unlock WASD?

well i gotta say the costs arnt all THAT bad in terms of what you cna get but wow unlock action bars they are really going on a bender here ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well i gotta say the costs arnt all THAT bad in terms of what you cna get but wow unlock action bars they are really going on a bender here ><
    I agree with the costs being pretty fair for the 'extra' things. I am very surprised at that part...though, check out the description for equipping purples. Using the word "MOST" artifact gear for 1200 CC. It only lets you wear story mode quality gear.

Just looking at the things you would have to buy piecemeal, they are forcing basically everyone into a subscription...as predicted. The prices on their own are great for extras as I said, but the core components are a sham.

Edit: You even have to buy displaying titles you earn, your legacy name, and unifying the colors on your gear... God this gets more hilarious by the second.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    We don't know what they cost. A dollar could end up being 50 CC's or 200CC's or 1000CC's at this point. Unless they've made a statement on the transfer rate, which I haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    What's next? Unlock WASD?
    You need to pay 20 dollars to unlock "mouse" features.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know what they cost. A dollar could end up being 50 CC's or 200CC's or 1000CC's at this point. Unless they've made a statement on the transfer rate, which I haven't seen.
    And this really could make or break their system. They've designed it on the tip of a knife, where charging anything too much will make the entire game unplayable. Charging too little will make everything we've feared seem meaningless, but also pointless to the reason why they put so many things behind a wall.

And don't forget that the combination of things gained by a subscription + the allotted sub coins a month needs to outweigh being able to purchase everything a la cart. You might find that's it's cheaper to go F2P if they go too far the other way.

while this is true its still kinda up in the air. but as far as CC costs per iten they are better than what i was looking to see

i tried the add coins option (knowing it prolly wouldnt work but hey gotta try lol) but it took me th the purchase game page

OOHHH DAAAMMMNNNN that longspur elite is badASSSSS looking

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/1147/longspur.png
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-10-23 at 09:17 PM.

sigh the nihilous mask and the meditation throne obviously are part of the pack... wich i bet obviously will have a very low drop rate so that they can goat us into keep spending coins for it...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.