Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if that "edge" was actually there, Holy Priests would be completely dominating on Heroic Stone Guardians. You have 20-25k Spirit in there for majority of fighting, allowing you to go crazy with heals - same as everyone else. There's also a lot of AOE damage from Jade spamming his silly move plus a ton of tank damage. So you can even choose, tank healing or raid healing.

We won't be getting that amount of regen in normal gear, even in further tiers, so it's about as "spammy" as it can be. And yet, it's still Monks completely dominating AOE healing and Priests... well, there are few of them in rankings, but it's hardly anything impressive. Certainly nothing that makes me think "if only I had such regen normally, I'd pull insane numbers and easily outheal everyone".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-18 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With experience doing both H StoneGuard and H Feng, Holy is fine... I was top HPS on Guard and Feng, well until I blew too much mana on Fist phase =( but honestly, if you can L2P, you'll be fine... I've been actually doing a LOT of Inner swapping, period of low damage going Inner Will, making my CoH/PoM/Renew that Id likely be casting anyways cheaper, and swapping to Inner Fire right before a bust phase to pull the extra HPS.

Next week, if we don't do Spirit Kings on Heroic, I'm gonna solo heal it I think, pretty much already did this week, other healer died and was lagging the entire fight, did 2/4 phases solo (1st and 4th with some of 3rd). Honestly, I think holy mana is fine, thought needs to be played at a higher skill level than others. Then again, 10.5k unbuffed spirit certainly helps things along =)

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    With experience doing both H StoneGuard and H Feng, Holy is fine... I was top HPS on Guard and Feng, well until I blew too much mana on Fist phase =( but honestly, if you can L2P, you'll be fine... I've been actually doing a LOT of Inner swapping, period of low damage going Inner Will, making my CoH/PoM/Renew that Id likely be casting anyways cheaper, and swapping to Inner Fire right before a bust phase to pull the extra HPS.

Next week, if we don't do Spirit Kings on Heroic, I'm gonna solo heal it I think, pretty much already did this week, other healer died and was lagging the entire fight, did 2/4 phases solo (1st and 4th with some of 3rd). Honestly, I think holy mana is fine, thought needs to be played at a higher skill level than others. Then again, 10.5k unbuffed spirit certainly helps things along =)
    It's about time I saw someone on here actually playing properly instead of QQing about regen..
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    MINOR issues? You call two or three times less mana then other healers MINOR?

Also, fixed your statement.
    He's one of those people who insist you just need to "L2P".

AKA. Badcore who think they're better than they actually are.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed we are slightly worse off than other healers in the regen department but we do have alot of good heals to work with.
    I am a bit baffled by the buffs to holy coming but disc is left with nothing, isnt disc in a far worse place atm?

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I have noticed we are slightly worse off than other healers in the regen department but we do have alot of good heals to work with.
    I am a bit baffled by the buffs to holy coming but disc is left with nothing, isnt disc in a far worse place atm?
    Honestly, no. Disc is just as capable as Holy provided they use Spirit shell properly. With AA now affecting it, it is a really powerful ability and usually the big difference between good and bad priests. Don't forget the Cascade buff also which'll help. Disc is fine, with proper timing of abilities.

My concern is that Holy's PoH is being buffed further through the Chakra Sancuary 25% change when, personally, I would have been making the other Holy spells more potent instead, not in addition to.

Regen is also fine, I would say other healers are on the other side of the fence where they have it too easy, but we're at the level where it's 'challenging' and involves more thought - what I thought was the intention of the new system. If anything, nerf the other classes down to priest regen levels and it'd be a happier place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    Regen is also fine, I would say other healers are on the other side of the fence where they have it too easy, but we're at the level where it's 'challenging' and involves more thought - what I thought was the intention of the new system. If anything, nerf the other classes down to priest regen levels and it'd be a happier place.
    Amen to that. We don't want to go through another tier where they need to nerf all healers mana at the middle of it cause we get better gears.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Amen to that. We don't want to go through another tier where they need to nerf all healers mana at the middle of it cause we get better gears.
    As long as it's a level playing field, that is sufficient.

3 healing heroic progression in 10 man, when there is a little downtime, smart Solace is netting a lot better regen over Mindbender, in my experience.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    3 healing heroic progression in 10 man, when there is a little downtime, smart Solace is netting a lot better regen over Mindbender, in my experience.
    I detest Solace and fail to see why people use it. To get equal mana gains to MindBender, you have to spend about a fifth of your time casting; 12s a minute (assuming no haste). Between damage and movement phases, I can't see how that's even a realistic possibility without dropping severely low on the HPS output, especially when we're all doing HC modes.

It's not even good for Disc; it's like Smite...but doesn't stack Evangelism for AA and doesn't ATT heal.

Atm when I'm getting 10-12s downtime, I'm either swapping to Inner Will and shielding the tank for a tiny mana boost and a 90k 'heal', stacking Evangelism for AA in preparation for the next aoe phase or planning to squeeze in a Hymn of Hope or Focus potion. Spending all that time to get the same mana returns as a fire and forget MindBender is, simply, ridiculous. This isn't even considering trying to get any kind of substantial mana GAIN over Mindbender...

The mana return needs boosting on Solace before it's a real consideration in raiding.
    Last edited by NoHealsForYou; 2012-10-19 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    I detest Solace and fail to see why people use it. To get equal mana gains to MindBender, you have to spend about a fifth of your time casting; 12s a minute (assuming no haste). Between damage and movement phases, I can't see how that's even a realistic possibility without dropping severely low on the HPS output, especially when we're all doing HC modes.

It's not even good for Disc; it's like Smite...but doesn't stack Evangelism for AA and doesn't ATT heal.

Atm when I'm getting 10-12s downtime, I'm either swapping to Inner Will and shielding the tank for a tiny mana boost and a 90k 'heal', stacking Evangelism for AA in preparation for the next aoe phase or planning to squeeze in a Hymn of Hope or Focus potion. Spending all that time to get the same mana returns as a fire and forget MindBender is, simply, ridiculous. This isn't even considering trying to get any kind of substantial mana GAIN over Mindbender...

The mana return needs boosting on Solace before it's a real consideration in raiding.
    "Assuming no haste"

I can't think of a single Holy Priest that doesn't have haste, so I stopped reading there.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    "Assuming no haste"

I can't think of a single Holy Priest that doesn't have haste, so I stopped reading there.
    You vastly overestimate haste if you believe it will change this a lot. So it might go from 12s to 11s. It's still a lot of gcd's used on casting Solace, which could be spent on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You vastly overestimate haste if you believe it will change this a lot. So it might go from 12s to 11s. It's still a lot of gcd's used on casting Solace, which could be spent on something else.
    Over the course of an entire fight haste will affect the overall time spent casting Solace. Anyway, Ananaias states they have better results with Solace having completed 3/6Heroic. It underlines the mana regen function can work and works well.....and can work for you. "I detest Solace and fail to see why people use it." is an opinion, not a quantified assertion of the spells value.

Delete please. Double
    Last edited by NoHealsForYou; 2012-10-19 at 12:20 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeydave View Post
    Over the course of an entire fight haste will affect the overall time spent casting Solace. Anyway, Ananaias states they have better results with Solace having completed 3/6Heroic. It underlines the mana regen function can work and works well.....and can work for you. "I detest Solace and fail to see why people use it." is an opinion, not a quantified assertion of the spells value.
    It's highly similar to old Telluric Currents. If you can afford to cast it on every boss for significant amount of time, it might work for you. I prefer fire&forget Mindbender - plus ultimately, we'll probably have encounters which require chain casting anyway.

And the third talent is pretty much a joke in comparison, that's the thing that could use some work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it's good both Mind Bender and Solace are "viable"! Don't argue about that, we should be (I know I am) very glad we can choose the style we like

Deleted
    Been looking for the sweet spot in my mana regen, i now got 9.3k spirit.
    I feel i can do with less and tonight ill try out with less spirit.

Im not in Hardmodes yet, so it might change than.

Im using Int flask and food, my mana pool is fine and since the switch from disc to holy i actually feel i got strong heals.
    As mentioned above, lower damage phase i use Inner Will on some fights i change Chakra's during fights, if we get Jade guard i switch between Serenity and Sanctuary when Jade is the one with pertified.

If we dont have Jade im Serenity all the time.

Fang basicly the same starting with Serenity phase 2 going Sanctuary phase 3 depends on my role, if im baby sitting the debuff people i use serenity otherwise Sanctuary.
    In Serenity i even feel Heal is doing a worth casting amount of healing, specially with Serenity > Heal combo and it refreshes renew. Just play smart, im really enjoying the state Holy is in atm and with the class changes thats got annouced yesterday (10% buff to healing in each Chakra state) its going to be better.

Im using Disc still for 3rd fight and Elegon somehow i feel better in that sepc on these fights but mana is still a slight issue in the disc spec.

Stepping down of spirit and using Int flask/food was a good step to take.
    Dont stare blindly on spirit, u need power somewhere as well.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-10-19 at 02:10 PM.