Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    well, okay, I'm open to hearing why not? It's not like you modify your rotation to proc a HS while HU is active when IB is on CD, or have I been playing fire for the past 2 weeks incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskreator View Post
    well, okay, I'm open to hearing why not? It's not like you modify your rotation to proc a HS while HU is active when IB is on CD, or have I been playing fire for the past 2 weeks incorrectly?
    Right. But unless you have extremely high crit ratings and can risk gambling HS/non-HU pyro! casts to maintain 4pc t16, then you should only be pyro!ing when you have both HS/HU up immediately after finishing a fireball, or while you are spamming pyro! during AT/non-AT combustion building. (So it makes no sense to hide HU being up while HS is up. Which is what you want, and why I think you are not doing it correctly)

Not having HU showing while HS (or pyro!. Whatever you want to call it. I call the spell pyro! and the buff HS) is making it so you never know if you are safe to cast that pyro!, because you have HS/HU, or if you need to hold it because you only have HS up.

The idea is based off one of the basic rules of probability.

If two independent events can occur, what is the probability that one of these events WILL occur? The event here generating HS or HU, based off a crit.

Normally you just have crit% of generating these buffs per cast. Lets say after CM, 50%, or 0.5. However, due to the nature of HU not going away immediately upon spell landing (there is like a 0.25s delay), you can actually have two spells land very close to one another and both act as potential triggers of a HU -> HS or just no HU -> HU.

So if you always pyro! after fireball, with HS / HU up, you have a ((0.5+ 0.5) - 0.5^2) = 0.75 or 75% chance of turning that HU -> HS, generating another pyro!, instead of the normal 50% chance from a single cast of fireball. If both spells crit, then you re-generate HS/HU and can again pyro! after fireball.

If you only have HS up, and you pyro!/fireball, you still have the increased change to proc a HU. But now you HAVE to have both spells crit, because if one does and the other doesn't the HU generated is gone. In the HS/HU case, if only one crits you still generate another HS.

This is why you want HU showing up even if HS is already up. To distinguish between these two situations.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-05-06 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Right. But unless you have extremely high crit ratings and can risk gambling HS/non-HU pyro! casts to maintain 4pc t16, then you should only be pyro!ing when you have both HS/HU up, or while you are spamming pyro! during AT/non-AT combustion building.
    have you tried my string? Would you recommend keeping it the way it is then? I can't get the string you posted to work, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskreator View Post
    have you tried my string? Would you recommend keeping it the way it is then? I can't get the string you posted to work, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Yes. It basically just has HU showing up any time it procs. I'm not sure why you don't always want to know when HU is up though. Not knowing this information is going to hurt your play.

I would just have a really basic "Is HU up?" if yes, show icon, type of thing. But I prefer the default UI for HU/HS anyways.

I can't get the one I posted to import either. Dunno why >.>
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-05-06 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Yes. It basically just has HU showing up any time it procs. I'm not sure why you don't always want to know when HU is up though. Not knowing this information is going to hurt your play.

I would just have a really basic "Is HU up?" if yes, show icon, type of thing. But I prefer the default UI for HU/HS anyways.

I can't get the one I posted to import either. Dunno why >.>

Well, I've given up on it, and done essentially that. I guess I don't like it showing when I can't do anything about it :/ I'll leave it so that it shows as soon as I can use it though. /yey for not being able to be lazy. xD

Deleted
    Anyone got BiS list for fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Anyone got BiS list for fire?
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...ge-Guide/#gear

Sig by Skog =D
    Millennia-Mage-<vodka><WWA><Midwinter><BDGG>

Deleted
    I wouldnt be so sure about the Masterygear yet,Ripfatpanda showed that you can deal really really good dps with a Hastebuild too.

This is based on the assumption that every fight lasts 2-3 minutes, which is not the case for every guild. Unfortunately, what gear you should use depends on how many aff locks/combat rogues your guild has -_-

Edit: Oops, necro. no regrets
    Last edited by Pretzul; 2014-06-17 at 05:03 PM.

so bad JY. why are you so BAD
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    OK for trinkets.

What is better?

Kadris Heroic WF or Black Blood Heroic "non-WF?

askmrrobot says black blood but what does people think?

They're about equal. KTT will give you more consistent damage outside of combustion while BBoYS will let you achieve God tier combustions on the pull. Generally speaking, the shorter the fight and the more your initial burst will contribute to your DPS, the better BBoYS will perform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They're about equal. KTT will give you more consistent damage outside of combustion while BBoYS will let you achieve God tier combustions on the pull. Generally speaking, the shorter the fight and the more your initial burst will contribute to your DPS, the better BBoYS will perform.
    Finally got a regular BBoY last night on a bonus roll.......5 months after saying "screw getting it for Fire I am going Arcane". Wish I was able to have more fun with it earlier. Yet after months of Heroic Immerseus still never seen heroic bindings...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question:
    what u suggest to take for off-tier piece: chest Mantid Vizier's Robes HC (566), or head Hood of Swirling Senses WF HC (572)?

Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Tarren-Mill/Cvijan/advanced
    Last edited by Gavran; 2014-08-07 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Definitely the Hood.

Hello guys, i finally made the swap to fire just to see what its like. Seems enjoyable so far. I have gone for a mastery based build as our guild is 14/14 and i have played arcane this tier. I'm just going fire to try it out for a couple weeks before wod to mix things up abit.

I have a question, of the other fire mages / guides ive gone and looked at, what would be the consensus as to haste brakepoints. Ive seen between 5k and 14.2k. Is there any ideal?

Here is my armory if any of you more experienced fire mages have and gearing / gemming tips, feel free to point them out
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Khiro/simple

Regards - Khiro

Deleted
    The best advice I could give you is to sim your character at different Mastery:Haste ratios until you find whichever nets you the best results. Otherwise just experiment. Generally though the amount of haste you can drop mostly depends on your guilds kill times. I've found the best results for me personally with my Haste and Mastery balanced out to about the same rating(10.5k~) but my guild also doesn't have the best kill times.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuro View Post
    Hello guys, i finally made the swap to fire just to see what its like. Seems enjoyable so far. I have gone for a mastery based build as our guild is 14/14 and i have played arcane this tier. I'm just going fire to try it out for a couple weeks before wod to mix things up abit.

I have a question, of the other fire mages / guides ive gone and looked at, what would be the consensus as to haste brakepoints. Ive seen between 5k and 14.2k. Is there any ideal?

Here is my armory if any of you more experienced fire mages have and gearing / gemming tips, feel free to point them out
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Khiro/simple

Regards - Khiro
    Mages dont care about breakpoints. Sim using haste/mastery reforge plotting, choose the haste/mastery combo which yields highest DPS for the kill times you are interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    A big thank you to everyone who used this thread to look for help or give help to those who needed it. Out with the old and in with the new!
    My magic will tear you apart.