Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    I have found her team fight presence to not be that massive, but the initiate from her human E, with her combos, swapping to spider and jumping to the ad Carry has disrupted the enemy team enough for us to win the lane.

Also her basic attacks in human form are super weak simply to balance having spiderlings dealing a ton of damage at level 1 in spiderform.

The only issue I've had with her so far is that I really struggle to farm well. If I go against someone like Karth or morg who pushes lanes I max W first to try and keep up with the pushing but without blue I oom super fast.
    On the other hand I have found her to be a hard counter to Vlad. Her kit counters vlads kit almost 100% saying almost 100% because not sure what one would do to counter hemo plague :P
    Rappel would counter hemoplague but you'd have to choose if it's more beneficial to use it to jump on him

10+ Year Old Account
    Her human form burst if the target is at full health is insane. Pop your w and get your q off before your spider hits. So easy.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by _Fire_ View Post
    Rappel would counter hemoplague but you'd have to choose if it's more beneficial to use it to jump on him
    I use Rappel to completely counter pool.
    What you wanna use pool to hurt me? Rappel till it's over.
    What you wanna use it to run away? Isn't that cute. Rappel towards him when it ends

10+ Year Old Account
    Her cooldowns feel way to long on a few moves. After playing her multiple times in the jungle, she's such a hit or miss champion like Shaco and her build can be quite pricey.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Her cooldowns feel way to long on a few moves. After playing her multiple times in the jungle, she's such a hit or miss champion like Shaco and her build can be quite pricey.
    I had the same problem, but building Nashor's Tooth and getting Blue Buff often makes her pretty awesome
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually went the Hextech Revolver route and that worked extremely well for me. I was in the jungle too.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Hey Elise, are you actually doing any damage? You can jump their carry and I'm doing it but he's not dying!
    Yes I do a lot of damage! (Trinity/GA/Wit's).
    I look at the damage done at the end of the game and it was below everyone else, including an underfed jungler nearing our support.

Seems I greatly overestimated her damage, or she is really assassin only. Bruiser seems to suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Hey Elise, are you actually doing any damage? You can jump their carry and I'm doing it but he's not dying!
    I look at the damage done at the end of the game and it was below everyone else, including an underfed jungler nearing our support.

Seems I greatly overestimated her damage, or she is really assassin only. Bruiser seems to suck.
    Bruiser doesn't really work, she's a mage - you have to build her like a mage.

Her mid lane can be quite intense, once you learn to combo her moves it can be devestating. The "Optimal" combo I go for is Human Form Land E-> Q->W-> transform, Leap on target with Q, use W to get spiderlings to attack (Stun should wear off now) -> Rappel to melee creep (Closest to your tower). This combo should burst about 50-75% of the targets health without them even able to retaliate.
    her weakness in lane is that she is quite terrible at farming if you don't max W first.

Jungling, what runes and masteries do you guys use? I used my standard AS+armor runes and some slightly defensive masteries with spell pen and ap. I just felt like while jungling had AMAZING ganks, without the pure damage build I run in mid, my damage was meh comparitively even with the same items
    Last edited by Elial; 2012-10-29 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post

You can't build her like a bruiser or an AD, you either build her as a full AP champion or build her as an hybrid, towards AP.

If you go Hybrid, go to page 4 to 6 and see what I typed there in my big post, but be warned, that's all information from the PBE, I still haven't played her on live server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    Her mid lane can be quite intense, once you learn to combo her moves it can be devestating. The "Optimal" combo I go for is Human Form Land E-> Q->W-> transform, Leap on target with Q, use W to get spiderlings to attack (Stun should wear off now) -> Rappel to melee creep (Closest to your tower). This combo should burst about 50-75% of the targets health without them even able to retaliate.
    her weakness in lane is that she is quite terrible at farming if you don't max W first.

Jungling, what runes and masteries do you guys use? I used my standard AS+armor runes and some slightly defensive masteries with spell pen and ap. I just felt like while jungling had AMAZING ganks, without the pure damage build I run in mid, my damage was meh comparitively even with the same items
    If you can spider in lane she's an amazing pusher - but you can't spider with an enemy hero present - so you have to master her combos and then either zone or kill your opponent, swap to spider, clean house (with spider W and spider dance squad). Then go back human when your opponent gets back to lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually found that she can be a great split pusher as SkillOverKill. Her w in spider form hurts turrets for so much in such a quick burst it's insane. I just hope she gets some cooldown reduction and that her attack speed steroid lasts longer.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I've actually found that she can be a great split pusher as SkillOverKill. Her w in spider form hurts turrets for so much in such a quick burst it's insane. I just hope she gets some cooldown reduction and that her attack speed steroid lasts longer.
    If she had low cd and more seconds on her spider form W, that ability would be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    If you can spider in lane she's an amazing pusher - but you can't spider with an enemy hero present - so you have to master her combos and then either zone or kill your opponent, swap to spider, clean house (with spider W and spider dance squad). Then go back human when your opponent gets back to lane.
    I never spider in lane. Only times I spider in lane are A) I am at my tower and need to regen some hp. B) I'm getting ganked and rappel is my life saver. C) I go in to finish my combos/kill a champion.

Her spider form damage is really deceptive and the lane pushing is amazing. Though are you sure the mini spiders hit the tower aswell? I tried earlier and I could only see my damage pop up (Since the steroid affects you aswell) . Either way great for killing towers.

Like Majad said if they change her cd's to less then she would definitely be OP as hell. Try sticking to a target in spider with her current damage. It's insane. At least full ap it is. I mean does each spider do about 40-50 damage if you are fed ? And you have 5 of them with a steroid. It's madness after a while :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Her E is 10 times better than Vlad's troll pool. I was juking so many people using it, but to be fair I was juking them just by running in a bush so they weren't that smart. I also saved myself during a towerdive that ended with a kill for myself instead of a trade. Then using it under your own tower so they can't dive you and take a ton of turret damage with her ranged stun to hold them there. So powerful in mid lane. Now that I've gotten a better hold on how to play her I can say she is definitely viable. Her jungle is shaky at first, but her ganks are godly and there is no escape if you land your stun.

I've been maxing Q last since the 8% health stays constant with only the based damage going up. I can see it getting nerfed to scale with level because it is so strong at level 1. W is awesome and does crazy amounts of damage in human form. I'll flank minions and send it up the side to catch people by surprise. Works for a little while till they catch on, but at that point they are usually in killing range. As soon as more people learn what she can do it'll be harder to pull off awesome stuff, but she is wicked fun and even knowing her moves you can be caught off guard.

Just tried her in the jungle. She feels pretty strong imo, she does a lot of damage. But like all assassins, she is pretty weak defensively, so I think I would prefer to build her tanky AP like Diana/Amumu/Maokai/others.

You really have to use her whole set to be able to do stuff, but man, she does a lot of things.

Also, I agree with the notion of reducing cooldowns on E. Those cooldowns are brutal.

Abyssal, Haunting Guise, Zhonya's, Athene's, Rylai's and Merc Treads/Sorc Shoes

That's the build I've been using, and it's working out amazingly.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Why is there so so little discussion about new champions on this forum...

Anyway. Played her to death in the free week and absolutely LOVE her. She is a total blast, champion which requires a ton of skill to play well and if done right is totally OP. In half the games I play her in I snowball ridiculously fast. I've noticed that she is strongest in the midgame, around lvl 7 onwards, and while she remains strong lategame if you played her well, her moments of glory are from towards the end of the laning phases, up to when everyones 18.

What I think a lot of people dont get about her is the required interplay between Spider and Human, and how to use that. I shift from one to the other CONSTANTLY. Sometimes it's even better to initiate in Spider form! I think people think a little too much in terms of ''Initiate as human, then spider, and if you cant kill in that burst combo and a few hits youre fucked'. Q DOES have base damage, and not even bad base damage at that, so for harassment or finishing off purposes, Spider Q or Human Q respectively can still work; in fact, even when I do initiate as human, human Q is still often my finishing blow!

The reason she domiantes so much early and mid game in my opinion is that 1, she has a lot more abilities then most champs, which means she has insane burst, and 2, her base values are so amazing with the percentage damage added that she scales RIDICULOUSLY well of spell pen, especially mid game where non-tanks havn't got much. I run with spell pen runes so as soon as I get Sorc Shoes + Haunting Guise I do true damage to most of their team unless someone built a negatron. As soon as you get just a little bit of AP (I build Abyssal/Zhonyas/Deathcap after Guise, depending on if they are AP heavy, AD heavy, or im snowballing, respectively) and rank up your W you just burst through things so insanely. Q harass just begins to do such insane damage, and one Q + W harass takes them down to about 50%. After that, an E, and then a spider Q + W should finish them if youre snowballed, and if not, when they start to run just rappel to them (if they flash or something) and continue hitting for a second, then back to human form for a finishing Q!

Absolutely love her, but I get the sense that many people dont know how to play her. In the free week I saw like one elise on an opposing team, and several people remarked that I'm the only Elise they ever saw snowball.

Edit; Her AP ratios aren't even bad as everyone keeps telling me! They just appear moderate because of the way her skills work. I mean her human form W has 0.8 scaling, which is nothing to scoff at for such an insanely long range poke ability! Every 33 AP gives her Q another 1% which is actually pretty good; it has good base values anyway and by the end of a game I'm usually approaching 20-25% on her Q! Her E is quite weird I think in that there doesn't seem to be any possible reason to level it up apart from a few seconds of cooldown; neither skills scale at ALL with level or any stat but CDR... and I admit her R doesn't scale very well with abilities, but it isn't supposed to really. And the magic damage on Spiderlings is actually more then you might think. Late game, I've torn through low health targets easily with my spider W; the spiderlings and I all attacking so fast does a suprisingly heavy amount of damage.

And people really do underestimate how powerful Spell Pen is on her.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-11-20 at 10:01 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Why is there so so little discussion about new champions on this forum...
    Just go and ask over on the General LoL thread. We use these threads for when a new champion is being released and shortly after, otherwise just go and ask over or explain why you like a champion. People are always looking for which champion to buy too (there's a thread for that as well).
    Hey everyone

So playing elise top for the past few days in a few games I've noticed a few things. Her hardest counters is a decent yorick & a good jayce. Everything from renekton/kennen/nidalee can be wrecked by elise. If a melee attempts to gap close you just stun them with e, q/w, then jump on them with spider and punish them for the gap close. In laning phase your rappel can save ganks & I've gotten a few executes vs kills with it. It just requires you to land your stun perfectly on the fastest one & just run with spider to keep closing on minions.

Your w in human form can check bushes for you all day.

Tips for the hardest counters I named. Yorick's ghouls will make it hard to push if he wants to push all day. His sustain isn't beatable but its tough. Using your w on him with ghouls is practically impossible unless he's stunned. Before you go all in you need to make sure he has less than 50% health. Stun>q>w spider form q>w. If he attempts to flash try & save yours & rappel on him. I've dodged tower hits with rappel as well. Just remember his ult and not to die from it. As far as jayce, his q in ranged form is easy to predict. Try & seperate yourself from frontline minions as a wipe on them and a hit on you isn't worth it. If he goes in hammer form let him jump on you, stun him, q/w same thing. If he's got a better item set try not to trade with him in both forms.

Aim for magic pen marks/quints. Sorc boots & magic pen items (haunting guise early). The q in human form will hit for max damage and with 200+ ap it hits like a truck. After the first few hits they'll recognize the damage.

People complain about her team fight capability. I've wiped their ad carry out insanely fast. Rappel, human form stun/q/w spider form q/w should be dead. Escape from the fight if you less than 60%. If not keep fighting in spider til human form cd's are up & go for the next carry. Get used to not having many kills but you deal a ton of damage.

Build her ap bruiser (300+ ap, 150 armor/mr. Aka zonyas, abyssal, randuins after you rappel down.)