The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

LF someone to go over my logs please

So here's the deal. Started out the xpac as tank. Then we decided that out DK would be a stronger tank and I went feral. Well came to a decision that we had to many melee and as i was the only one with the ability to go range (and not wanting to end raiding so soon in the xpac) I went boomkin without ever playing it. So I grinding the gear out (man i was so freakin lucky with drops) from last thursday to tuesday (with come gaps I closed in up and through today). Read up on Icy Veins, read the forums here and tried to get a basic idea of how to boom chicken.

My burst damage is pretty crazy. I can get pretty high at the start of the fight (110-150k sometimes on Elegon) and then I jsut drop off like I fell down a flight of stairs.

A few issues I already know. Sometimes I smash the wrong button for the eclipse I am in, but I usually don't do it to often. Sometime I think I don't always refresh Dots when going into an eclipse.

As far as reforging, I read several different things. Go all crit, dont worry about haste. hit the first haste break point of 5293 and then go crit. I did both, as for the start of the raid week my gear did not allow me to hit hit cap and reach the haste break point, so I went crit. But as of today I was able to hit the haste point and make hit cap. (I saw a nice dps increase going this way btw. Though not sure if it was just gearing or not) So if something is off in my reforging don't kill me on it just let me know and Ill fix it.

Point is I am trying to get the most out of my class so I can help my raid out the most. Also my talents picked are for CCing and Controling the adds.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4b92xmp1gljup9xe/ (chucknurish)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urish/advanced
    Anyone checking out my Armory, please note I am experiencing a bug where my character sheet tells me i at or over the hit cap, but the armory is showing me at under the hit cap.

any and all help would be great and many thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by silentkillin; 2012-10-18 at 01:26 PM.

So, I'm pretty terrible at Boomkin, but hitting the hit cap is always a good idea. When I did play Balance (OS until I finished my Feral set today) I would always see a huge falloff in dps if I wasn't hit capped, and it wasn't just 1-5k or so, it was around 10-15k. I've also found that DoT management is really important as Balance, making sure to refresh a dot as you get ready to leave Eclipse tends to help, as does only using one Starsurge per Eclipse type, so you spend as little time as possible in that no bonus zone.

On your logs, and I may just not be reading it right, but it doesn't show you as Balance. I went to player, druid, chucknurish, (link http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...llr/details/4/ ) and saw you as Guardian. So if I'm off, just send me in the right direction. Hope my terrible insight helps.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent logged out since I hit Hit cap. i am at 14.95 hit. and I posted the wrong logs. But that has been editted. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    I havent logged out since I hit Hit cap. i am at 14.95 hit. and I posted the wrong logs. But that has been editted. thanks
    14.95 is still low. =P It may not make THAT much of a difference now though. So, (and take with a grain of salt) but I think your dot uptime needs to be higher, preferably at 100% when able. Remember that you can keep up both dots, all the time, and multi dotting is your friend when you can do it. What's your opening rotation looking like though?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, its below 15 percent, but everything else was putting me at like .45 or higher over hit cap.

And I do my best to keep dots up constantly. As for the orbs I generally dont dot them and just spam then with what ever filler i am using for the current eclipse.

as for opening rotation.

I get to one wrath from lunar eclipse throw up dots star fall then wrath. reapply dots then starfire until starfall is off then re starfall spam starfire reapply dots when trinkets proc then go with rotation.

This is more general than anything, but remember to use Communion to get into an eclipse pre-fight. I think it's better to start in Solar, and blow Starfall (for aoe fights) then move into Lunar. If it's issues on the orbs on Elegon, you can blow Celestial Alignment that gives you the benefits of both, as it puts both dots up for the cost of one, and allows a starfall use. I just noticed this ( I hope a better boomkin comes in here and corrects where I'm wrong) but I think Soul of the Forest is a little better, as it moves you more when you don't have the bonus from Eclipse, as opposed to the extra damage during.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I might not have been clear, but I use Communion to get to within one wrath of lunar, which allows me to blow starfall twice, three times if you count hitting celestial alignment.

I neglected to say that i pop incarnation and nature's vigil when i get into lunar for the damage buff for my opening rotation.

Deleted
    1) Dot uptime has to go up. 90% and up is good. Dot everything and make sure that you have dots rolling on the boss all the time.
    2) Reforge crit > haste > mastery. Going for haste cap with a gear that low ilvl will gimp your crit too much, imo. I'd also get pure crit if possible.
    3) Roll dots + higher crit = lots of instant Starsurges = profit
    4) Opening rotation should be as follows:
    - Potion
    - Starfall
    - Wrath
    - (Inc + NV) <- this is optional
    - dots
    - Starsurge
    - Starfire
    - (CA) <- use this @ 0 energy and re-apply dots if you used Inc and NV before
    Last edited by mmoc243defdff8; 2012-10-18 at 06:19 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    1) Dot uptime has to go up. 90% and up is good. Dot everything and make sure that you have dots rolling on the boss all the time.
    2) Reforge crit > haste > mastery. Going for haste cap with a gear that low ilvl will gimp your crit too much, imo. I'd also get pure crit if possible.
    3) Roll dots + higher crit = lots of instant Starsurges = profit
    I tried the all crit way and found my dps was lower then when i went with the first haste break point.

start at 25 energy from lunar

starfall - wrath - incarnation and NV if you use them - dots - starsurge - starfire - new starfall - starfire/starsurge until you leave lunar or have 15secs left on incarnation - celestial alignment - refresh dots when needed , more starfires/starsurges, refresh starfall when the 2nd ones drops.

that's how i open, and that's how lappe opened on heroic garajal. that's best for opening burst/CD stacking. unless you're saving stuff for particular times i guess.

MMO-Champion has a very good guide right here.

Pointers:
    1) you are below hit-cap, It doesn't matter if you go over by a small margin but you cannot afford to let your spells miss (particularly on Elegon during the orb waves)
    2) the haste breakpoint is actually 5273 (without the tier 14 4p set bonus)
    3) Cloak enchant: +180 int., Bracer Enchant: +170 Mastery (until someone gets the pattern for bracer - intellect from august celestials), Leg Enchant: Greater Cerulian spellthread
    4) DoT Uptimes aren't the best (Sunfire: ~70%, Moonfire: ~80%), better uptimes on these means more chance of starsurge procs which means more damage

Maybe it's just me but it seems that you need to work on your movement a lot more during the fight as well, comparing to my logs for the same fight of a similar length (see here - druid: Marbós) I have a lot more starfires/wraths in comparison to you. Minimising movement and maximising DPS time is vital.

I.e. My 49 starfires to your 23 and my 62 wraths to your 46.

Again, I highly recommend reading sunfyres 5.0 moonkin guide on our rotation and maximising DPS.

EDIT: My Armory if you so wish: Marbós

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the great advice guys.

So other then higher up time on dots, what can i do to sustain higher dps?