Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Oh look, another one of these arguments. If you think getting guaranteed gear is an option in a high end raiding guild then you don't know what you're talking about. I'm required to do these things. You can argue with me all you want, it doesn't change the fact that if I want to be in a high end raiding guild, I have to do them. The double argument to this is also what makes it so damn bad. If I only had to do all of this shit on my main then got a tabard or something, I could actually play my alts and it wouldn't be as bad. I also don't understand why we don't have any heirlooms from 85 to 90. I mean all they would have to do is punch in a couple numbers on the ones we already have and viola we'd be set.
    Oh look, another one of these arguments about a 'high end raiding guild' that 'requires' you to do dailies. Newsflash; if you're in a high end raiding guild you've already cleared normal in the 1st week. Then you've cleared it on LFR. And you've done all of this w/o rep gear. I think you're just making lame argments because you either fail at your class and need the gear crutch or your guild really isn't that good and needs the gear crutch.

Whether you got gear in LFR or Normal or not, the point is that if you walked into the raid with quest/5man blues and killed the boss then that proves you did not need nor are required to have rep gear. If you hate doing dailys then you can farm normals and LFRs every week to get gear. Problem solved. Rep gear is an optional way to progress your character w/o having to do raids. It's a very simple concept to grasp.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-10-22 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Yeah, you really don't even know what that guy was arguing, so why did you bother responding to his post?
    Yea i'm done with you. You're like a child arguing to argue. Good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Are you saying that vanilla had no grinds to gear up? Because it did. You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. You are just arguing about a minor element of his statement while ignoring the overarching point which is COMPLETELY true.
    I was mainly referring to argent dawn/thorium brotherhood rep grinds in Vanilla and Dungeons grinds/illidari marks grind in BC as the most memorable ones for me. Sorry to have used the word "dailies" in there but as stated above it's a minor point. Being forced into doing repetitive things over and over again is the point, whether it is dailies or mob grinding for drops. It has always been there though, and much more so in vanilla/BC. The reason I use those xpacs is because everyone seems to agree that the game was better then.

Ive noticed im having more fun than i did in cataclysm by far, so it is a big improvement, and blizzard is taking it in the right direction
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    I was mainly referring to argent dawn/thorium brotherhood rep grinds in Vanilla and Dungeons grinds/illidari marks grind in BC as the most memorable ones for me. Sorry to have used the word "dailies" in there but as stated above it's a minor point. Being forced into doing repetitive things over and over again is the point, whether it is dailies or mob grinding for drops. It has always been there though, and much more so in vanilla/BC. The reason I use those xpacs is because everyone seems to agree that the game was better then.
    The diference beeing unless you were a specific crafting proff (blacksmith i think?) you didn't need TB and AD only became relevant in very late vanilla. For the most part those insane rep grinds, which they were, weren't in any way tied to gearing for raids. They are now which is why lots of people feel forced to do them hence the complaints. It's got nothing to do with being a wrath baby

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    Ive noticed im having more fun than i did in cataclysm by far, so it is a big improvement, and blizzard is taking it in the right direction
    I agree that so far im enjoying it much more then the start of CAT. Im chalking that up to two things primarily, heroics that are actually quick and fun instead of long, overtuned chores and LFR out of the gates. As a very casual player, I was bored really quick in CAT and felt like I hit a raid-or-die brick wall quickly. Heroics in LFD felt way overtuned and took too long.

Deleted
    The more I play MoP the lower my score for it goes.....its a small number of quests on endless repeat.....its boring and badly desinged.

I think the GL daily on the wall using oil to drop on mantids is possibly the worst designed quest in WoW (and thats saying something given the low standards of MoP quests). Take a large number of players, give them all the same quest, limit the number of oil pots available to a fraction of the players, and make sure it takes ages for an individual player to complete the quest as the mobs can be tagged by other players with oil.....result? one massive time sink bottleneck of frustrated players fighting for oil pots to do the quest......

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    The diference beeing unless you were a specific crafting proff (blacksmith i think?) you didn't need TB and AD only became relevant in very late vanilla. For the most part those insane rep grinds, which they were, weren't in any way tied to gearing for raids. They are now which is why lots of people feel forced to do them hence the complaints. It's got nothing to do with being a wrath baby
    Well you mentioned you didn't grind for any gear in vanilla on your mage, which includes AD, as late as it may have been. If you weren't into competitive raiding back then that's fine, but it was required to those doing relevant content, just like people feel it is mandatory to do MOP dailies every day now. The difference? A lot more people are into the raid scene now and feel like they are hardcore raiders.

I agree that is was a lot worse in BC, especially right off the bat, but the point was that insane rep grinds are nothing new, and they have never been less mandatory to high end gaming than now, because now at least you have other venues for the gear. Whether it be normal modes, world bosses, BMAH, 489 gear, or valor gear from rep guys, it is extremely easier getting pre-heroic raid ready (which I value as relevant content in the same sense I value AQ40 or Naxx as relevant back in Vanilla)

Reviews literally mean nothing to me anymore. I never review anything before I buy it because I've been burned too many times in the past by things that got really good reviews and ended up being absolutely horrible. Take that movie "Safety Not Guaranteed" for instance. It got really good reviews, everyone was praising it. I went to see it and I would probably rate it as the third worst movie I've ever seen in my life, and I watch a lot of movies. The first "Home Alone" I remember only got 2 stars out of 4 and it's probably the best Christmas movie to come out since "A Christmas Story" in 1983. Sorry I have to use movies for my examples but this is what I know best. Everyone has their own opinion of what good and bad are so the only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

Funny thing:
    Torchlight II
    Runic Games, 2012 88.64%
    Funny thing:
    Torchlight sucks ass.

Deleted
    Well you mentioned you didn't grind for any gear in vanilla on your mage, which includes AD, as late as it may have been. If you weren't into competitive raiding back then that's fine, but it was required to those doing relevant content, just like people feel it is mandatory to do MOP dailies every day now. The difference? A lot more people are into the raid scene now and feel like they are hardcore raiders.

I agree that is was a lot worse in BC, especially right off the bat, but the point was that insane rep grinds are nothing new, and they have never been less mandatory to high end gaming than now, because now at least you have other venues for the gear. Whether it be normal modes, world bosses, BMAH, 489 gear, or valor gear from rep guys, it is extremely easier getting pre-heroic raid ready (which I value as relevant content in the same sense I value AQ40 or Naxx as relevant back in Vanilla)
    I was into competetive raiding, no idea why you say otherwise:s

The point was except AD which came very late in vanilla there weren't any other required rep grinds. They weren't required for Onyxia, MC, BWL or ZG. It was only for Naxx which was barely relevant seeing how late it came but even so i'll give you AD. Still, claiming vanilla players were used to these insane grinds and calling people with valid complaints wrath babies is what i responded to. Also should vanilla be the measuring stick for how the game should be today? So many things were absolutely horrible back then i have a hard time seeing how it's relevant

It kinda reminds me of old people ranting about how easy the youth has it today and how everything was better back then. It's hardly constructive
    Last edited by mmocd538608e0f; 2012-10-22 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I think the other expansions were overrated, especially Cataclysm (then again, 4.0 itself wasn't too bad).
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

The point was except AD which came very late in vanilla there weren't any other required rep grinds. They weren't required for Onyxia, MC, BWL or ZG. It was only for Naxx which was barely relevant seeing how late it came but even so i'll give you AD. Still, claiming vanilla players were used to these insane grinds and calling people with valid complaints wrath babies is what i responded to. Also should vanilla be the measuring stick for how the game should be today? So many things were absolutely horrible back then i have a hard time seeing how it's relevant

It kinda reminds me of old people ranting about how easy the youth has it today and how everything was better back then. It's hardly constructive
    You didn't need the Argent Dawn rep for the Naxx40 attunement, buying in just got cheaper as you gained rep, until it became free at Exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Funny thing:
    Torchlight sucks ass.
    For real. I've never played a worse Diablo clone. So mind-numbingly boring. Metacritic is useless. Torchlight 1 should have a 0% critic rating because it was nightmarishly bad.

Point taken. I did lump it together with BC though lol.

My guild also had crazy Thorium brotherhood grinding for all the fire resist gear recipes it offered for BS, LW, and Tailoring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You didn't need the Argent Dawn rep for the Naxx40 attunement, buying in just got cheaper as you gained rep, until it became free at Exalted.
    Oh right, i forgot. The AD gear was just blues then wasn't it?

Deleted
    does it realy matter what the score is? MoP is a great expansion so far i just love everything about it... the pvp is good once you have gear , pve is fun , the lore is just epic , pandaren are realy epic becouse they were in WC3 so its a original idea and monks = epicness itself... its tenfold times better then cataclysm where everything as simple as putting a pebble in a shoe but its not as hard as TBC was... you dont have to do the dailes to have gear its optional..i know that you will miss on the charms and rep but nobody states that you have to do all dailes in 1 day with all factions.... seriusly WOW will stay the best game out there and it can have a 10% score base.... people love this game becouse its been here for a long time and no guild wars or some star fiction new mmos will ever hope to compete with this caliber of a game... admit it you may be saying to yourself that MoP has low score maybe its bad....do you feel bad when playing? i certienly never gived a damn F about any score on this game its epic its the best and no score from some bad revievers will prevent this game from growing larger... i know cata failed horibly and wow lost milions of subs but MoP is going in a verry good way.Wait and see

Deleted
    Point taken. I did lump it together with BC though lol.

My guild also had crazy Thorium brotherhood grinding for all the fire resist gear recipes it offered for BS, LW, and Tailoring.
    Fair enough
    TBC certainly had lots of it and i hated it then too

Oh right, i forgot. The AD gear was just blues then wasn't it?
    There was epic gear from it too that was pretty beast if you hadn't started on Naxx yet too I believe.

OT: There are two types of reviews for everything I believe. Type 1 is a pre-review, based on a preview of an item or game. This usually comes from just reading about specs/features and very limited testing. This usually is a very flawed review imo, because it is heavily biased on previous experience with a company/product (see Cata's early review).

The second type, are reviews from people after the product has been out a while. From people that can write completely unbiased reviews based on actuain depth testing of all the features. I feel this is pointless in a video game, because it is all about personal opinions about what people like/don't like. The same goes with movie reviews, although there is a better guideline established forthem such a plot, special effects, acting talent, etc etc.
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2012-10-22 at 09:23 PM.

I've never been one to look at reviews before buying a game. Normally if a game interests me through the trailer or concept art or whatever I'll buy it without it needing "10/10! AMAZING EXPERIENCE!" plastered all over the box. Peering over at my 360 game pile it's certainly not an IGN reader's collection. Velvet Assassin? Pretty great. Average review score? 5/10. Alice: Madness Returns? One of my personal favorites. Average review score? 6/10. If I paid any mind to those review scores and acted on them I wouldn't have experienced either game, I would have bought Gears of War or some other universally loved game instead. Not trying to be a sneering hipster here but individual taste in videogames is something reviews can't account for. In the past I've looked at a game, seen the positive criticism surrounding it and bought it only to be disappointed and left wondering why the game deserved the praise just as I've bought games I know to have received critical paddling sessions and had a lot of fun. Like Yahtzee for (possibly very bad) example. He's a funny guy who I generally respect and agree with a lot of his world views but I certainly don't hear his voice in the back of my head when I'm looking for a good way to kill a couple of days.

MoP ranks about number 2 for me right now, (between Wrath of the Lich king at the top and Burning Crusade beneath it with Cataclysm predictably down at the bottom). I've been called a wrath kiddie for my high opinion of WotLK before but I've been playing since vanilla and that's simply when I had the most fun with the game. MoP has recaptured some of that magic but it isn't quite up there yet.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?