Poll: Can you taste the difference?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regular coke is ok, diet is pretty average and there's so many artificial colours in it anyway.

Is it true that u can disolve a nail in a can of coke over night?
    Hi

I can certainly tell the difference

cant stand anything with the word diet next to it

give me all that scrummy sugar and crap

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    You can't taste the difference if you put enough jack in it.
    I don't like Jack Daniels, but when I do drink Whisky (Scotch) it is neat, or with a little water. I would also hit somebody really, really hard if they poured coca-cola over my single-malt.

Deleted
    As someone who drank about 2-4 litres of regular coke per day and switched to the same amount of diet coke a few years ago: Yes, I definitely can tell the difference.
    I don't think one tastes better or worse than the other...just different.

Deleted
    I'm actually surprised that so many people CAN taste the difference when almost all my friends cannot. Atleast I'm not alone in this war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diet sodas and anything with sweeteners taste a lot sweeter to me, and quite frankly, I find it disgusting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCAPLS0CK View Post
    Can you tell the difference between regular sugary drinks and their diet counterparts?

I can tell the difference straight away and absolutely detest diet drinks with a passion. Don't get me wrong, I don't live on sugary drinks but if I am to indulge in the occasional sweetened beverage then I absolutely must have real sugar and not sweeteners.
    My Dad is the worst for this and will defend to the death that they taste exactly the same, whereas I will also defend my ground in the war against fake sugar!
    Yeah. I can't stand normal Coke. I have to drink Diet.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'm a Type I Diabetic, and have been for nearly 17 years. For the ignorant ones, no, I am not fat. I'm 5'3", at 120 pounds. I eat healthy, for the most part, and exercise regularly. Type I is caused by an autoimmune disorder that attacks the beta cells on the pancreas. Thus no more insulin, or the term Insulin Dependent Diabetic. And yes, I can eat whatever the hell I want to. Just need to take insulin for it!

I CANNOT stand drinking sugary sodas. Too much sugar makes me sick to my stomach, so I drink diet soda. It's not just soda either, I can only tolerate chocolate in small amounts, and anything else with a bunch of sugar. My mom is careful when she bakes not to do anything to rich, or I'll instantly start gagging.

I'm 24 now, and my husband is 28. I'm amazed at how easily he adapted to my eating habits. Even he can't stand alot of sweet stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Regular coke is ok, diet is pretty average and there's so many artificial colours in it anyway.

Is it true that u can disolve a nail in a can of coke over night?
    it can remove bloodstains, can clean chrome better then chrome cleaning products, it cant break down rust though.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I find it quite easy to tell the difference, I don't hate either one I enjoy both but sadly no longer drink soft drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes absolutely, I can't stand diet coke, or indeed any diet soda. It has this metallic taste, like someone poured battery acid (what I imagine it would taste like) into it. It's nasty.
    Also, I prefer to keep my intake of artificial sweeteners, in particular Aspartame, to a minimum. I'll gladly take regular sugar over any kind of sweetener any day.

It's funny because I can remember liking diet coke more than regular when I was a kid. Now, I simply detest the taste. It forces itself even in nooks and crannies it's not wanted to, and leaves this sticky feeling that tastes like stale snot and refuses to go away for hours. This change happened before I learned of the name aspartame, how controversial and dubious of a substance it was, and was shocked to find out it in multitude of videly availaible products.
    A few weeks ago I picked up this bottle of soda that was "sweetened" with... salvia, was it? Went straight to the top ten most disgusting things I've tasted in my life-list. First time I poured my soda down the drain after doing some research on aspartame.

It depends. with the darker sodas, Coke, Pepsi, Root Beer, I prefer the regular versions. However when it comes to citrus sodas such as Mt. Dew, 7UP, Sunkist, etc I prefer the diet version. The diet versions of citrus sodas is more light and refreshing, which is why i drink them in the first place. When i go for the darker stuff I expect the rich taste, not a watered down version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink them that often, but when I do, I try to get regular versions. Diet tastes horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I can

Also, I prefer the diet versions. Normal soda is WAAAAYYYYYYY too sweet for me
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    all diet drinks taste faker than their real counter parts and have bad aftertastes

Although i prefer normal coke to pepsi, but diet pepsi to diet coke

i mostly drink Oj, milk and water.

If you drinking soda you may as well wanna do right, full flavor. Plus, you end up drinking 3 times more to get the fix that lead you to the soda.

Diet soda is far superior in mixed drinks due to the way alcohol breaks down.

I can certainly tell the difference. Mixing Jack with diet tastes no where near as good as jack and regular coke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I can taste the difference.

Also, Coke > Pepsi and Coke Zero > Coke > Diet Coke. Had to be said!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diet Coke is actually worse for you if you are trying to lose weight, people think because it has the word "diet" on it that it is not as bad. If you are on a diet get off the Soda's.