Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Why do people dislike Iron Man 2?

With discussion of Iron Man 3 all over the place I'm once again hearing about how people didn't like IM2 and once again I'm left wondering, "Why?"

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It had great action, great effects, great stunts, it flowed well, good one liners and even Mickey Rourke didn't fuck up his part which is a monumental effort from him.

Why do people dislike Iron Man 2?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

People dislike IM2?
    I liked it, and 3 looks great.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure it's an active dislike, rather that it wasn't as good as the first so people talk down about it in discussions about the movies.

I enjoyed Iron Man 2, even though the plot was totally ridiculous and Scarlet Johansson was kind of annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Iron Man 2!
    My only gripe is when Ivan Vanko walked onto the race track with 2 little whips. That was at a place where some of the richest, and most important people in the entire world were gathered, and there wasn't a single security guard with a gun? And then they had the nerve to call his whip a suit!?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I felt like Vanko wasn't a fair match for Stark. It took away a lot of the excitement for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    No action, seriously, there was 1.5 action scenes, race track, and the ending. I loved the race track scene, and the ending he died too quick.

Reasons why I loved it.
    • It was more story, and introduced major characters, as well as developed more characters that needed to be known in another movie. Nick Fury and Black Widow for the avengers, and most of Shield, and nice little hidden clues that hints to the other heroes incoming.

Reasons to dislike it.
    • I will admit, when I walked in, i was expecting an action movie, didn't get it, disliked it until it came on TV before I saw The Avengers a few months ago. It was much more respectable, because of the reason I liked it, it was the most involved with Shield.

• The villains, they were played by amazing characters, but just felt like trash...they did not stand a chance at all. I hope Iron Man 3 will do better with their villians, main reason i see these kind of superhero movies, for the villain who will of course lose, but still, the villains always have the potential to outshine the hero, played right, you'll even get a few people cheering for you in the audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was alright. It wasn't as good as the first, but sequels rarely are.

I'll agree with Fuzzie. Mickey Rourke wasn't done quite right. Terrence Howard I think would have made a better Rhodey as Don Cheadle played him a bit too seriously. Some of the action scenes had too much shaking in them. The big finale at the end was a bit on the short side. However, they did some cool stuff and it's not like it was a bad movie or anything. Just not as good as the first.

Deleted
    I didn't dislike the second movie, but comparing it to the first, it's kinda of a bad movie, not that I didn't enjoy it, but in terms of story and development, the second movie had none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I'm not sure it's an active dislike, rather that it wasn't as good as the first so people talk down about it in discussions about the movies.
    This is pretty much how I feel about it. It was worth a single viewing in my opinion, but the first one was somewhat special in terms of superhero movies. I found myself a little disgusted with Tony Stark in number 2. He's always been egocentric, but I felt he took his douche-baggery to a whole new level in 2. I enjoyed the character interactions and the story much more in the first, but I wouldn't say I hate the second. I will probably see the third even though I haven't watched the trailer yet.

I liked both. Was equaly disappointed with both "end boss" scenes. Like a teenager at a whore house, they ended fast. I honestly do not feel that either villian was worthy of Iron Man. Enter Mandarin a proper villain, not just some pissed off guy in a inferior suit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Iron Man 2... A bit of an anti climatic ending though let it down but besides that it was good a stellar movie

Nowhere near as good as the first, which I thought was great, but I won't say I disliked it as much as was simply disappointed. Had some funny parts and all but the story was weak and 100% unoriginal, I felt like I had already seen the movie before I even finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    With discussion of Iron Man 3 all over the place I'm once again hearing about how people didn't like IM2 and once again I'm left wondering, "Why?"

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It had great action, great effects, great stunts, it flowed well, good one liners and even Mickey Rourke didn't fuck up his part which is a monumental effort from him.

Why do people dislike Iron Man 2?
    I think you pretty much nailed it. Its a cliche action movie built on cheese and SFX rather than character development and story.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't as good as the first, I thought, but it was still a fun flick. I can't wait for 3.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, but I do feel that a lot of the Marvel movies have a hard time building up the bad guy. They dont ever feel like a threat. Kinda like our boy Death Wing. I want someone that feels dangerous like the Joker or The Lich King.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I thought that Iron Man 2 felt too much like a setup for the Avengers movie (which I enjoyed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It was alright. It wasn't as good as the first, but sequels rarely are.
    This. I hope the 3rd is better than the second though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

No terrance howard.

I cant say in words why i dislike it, but heres the closest thing i can come up with

Spider Man 1 Vs Spider Man 3
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Villain sucked. Not Rourke, but the villain itself. Other than that, good stuff. Nothing amazing.

Never cared for Iron Man story or characters.

Image comics for me growing up.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-10-26 at 05:20 AM.
    I like sandwiches