Questions about creating second account

Just a few questions about creating a second WoW account:

- If my current account is WoW1 and I create a second account under WoW2 can I play 2 characters simultaneously if they are both under the "battle.net account"?
    - If I transfer character A from WoW1 to WoW2 under the same battle.net account does character B no longer have access to those shared mounts?
    - What is the difference between creating a second account under the same battle.net account as opposed to a separate one? Is it just keeping the same real-id and battle tag friends list?

Thanks for any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Yes, I do that now with my two accounts
    2 - No, you don't even have to transfer them; everyone on every server on every account under that bnet have those mounts
    3 - The difference is the new bnet would not have your mounts or other shared items and heirlooms could not be traded between your characters, even if they're on the same realm

Yes you can play on multiple accounts under one battle net simultaneously.

Typically they will show up as a choice after you log into battle net of WOW1 WOW2 etc

you choose that and the appropriate character list will come up.

Account wide means battlenet account wide so if you're making a second account it is better for mount sharing, boa sharing etc to have them under one battlenet account.

Your last question answered will be you lose access to shared mounts boa and such if the logins are different.

You will have minor issues with realid as you cannot control which character will receive messages from different friends. However in my experience the character listed first on their realid list is the one that receives their messages. if they are going to your background window you can usually flip the order by logging one character out and the other back in. I don't have/use battle tags so not sure if they work any better or if they are just a mask for realid and work exactly the same.

If you have more questions just PM me

Thanks Darsithis that was extremely helpful. One last question to your reply on question 2. Is there a cost for transferring toons between WoW accounts under the same bnet or can you freely move them back and forth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    Thanks Darsithis that was extremely helpful. One last question to your reply on question 2. Is there a cost for transferring toons between WoW accounts under the same bnet or can you freely move them back and forth?
    It's the full cost of server transfer, even if you stay on the same server and just switch accounts.

Ok thank you very much Darsithis, hyphnos, and lios.

Follow-up Question: Can you use Recruit-a-friend and recruit a second account, but attach it to your BNet ID? I'm eyeing that $5 battle chest for RAF. How would I do that? Would I just send an RAF invite to a second email account?

-SB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbenders View Post
    Follow-up Question: Can you use Recruit-a-friend and recruit a second account, but attach it to your BNet ID? I'm eyeing that $5 battle chest for RAF. How would I do that? Would I just send an RAF invite to a second email account?
    You can send it to the same email account you're already using. My second account (on the same battle.net) is a RAF one. You don't have to trick the system into thinking it's a new person; RAFing yourself is totally allowed.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    RAFing yourself is totally allowed.
    This is the kind of thing that ends up in someone's signature. Thanks for the helpful and amusing answer. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can send it to the same email account you're already using. My second account (on the same battle.net) is a RAF one. You don't have to trick the system into thinking it's a new person; RAFing yourself is totally allowed.
    If you're in a country that allows such things. ):<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbenders View Post
    This is the kind of thing that ends up in someone's signature. Thanks for the helpful and amusing answer. :-)
    Wink wink nudge nudge knowwhatimean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you're in a country that allows such things. ):<
    Yeah, you're still bound by the legal limitations of the RAF promotions. Mostly I was trying to dispel the very common misconception that RAF has to be another person; I always hear about people making temporary email address and fake account names and running it on a separate battle.net as if to pretend they are recruiting an actual new person rather than themselves. In reality, there is no need to go through those hoops to take advantage of the promotion. Just send the invite to your regular email address and merge the second account to your regular battle.net. No shady business required!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I also have a question about a 2nd account. How can you invite a toon from your 2nd account on a different server into a group?

Just before MOP i merged mine and my wife's bnets.
    Here is what I have found...

Achievements are shared.
    Mounts are Shared.
    Pets are shared.

You CAN play on both bnets at once.
    You CAN whisper yourself and invite yourself to a party
    You cannot whisper or invite yourself if both characters online are on different servers - you would need a third person to invite both of you and then drop out of the group
    Only the first account logged on can do pet battles, the second account is locked out until the first account logs out and then the second account relogs.
    All mail sent between accounts is instant
    All shared achievements such as Honor Kills and Gold Looted count from both accounts.

Battlenet and Battletag whispers will only go through to one of the accounts if both are logged in. You can send messages from both, but only one of them recieves them. I have yet to figure out which one as it seems random which account receives them.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2012-10-27 at 01:56 AM.