Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    This guy gets it ^
    no he doesnt, and you don't either.

just because something is relatively rare and avoidable doesn't mean the consequence of that action is intended.

that amount of damage is clearly an outlier and it needs to be fixed. No matter how big the wall of text you barf up trying to draw l2p parallels; it's clearly an outlier.. and it needs to be fixed. end of story man.

Sorry to ruffle your brow there buddy. it was to explain the fact WHY people said leave it other than "leave it" I can see why its stupid at times, but stupid shit is pvp. "the barfed up text" is so you get examples of WHY people are saying its whatever. Don't worry though, i am sure itll change soon. like the IBF and bone armor having the same cd. unkillable dks.. if it gets bad, itll get fixed. but for now it rarely happens. so itll stay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no he doesnt, and you don't either.

just because something is relatively rare and avoidable doesn't mean the consequence of that action is intended.

that amount of damage is clearly an outlier and it needs to be fixed. No matter how big the wall of text you barf up trying to draw l2p parallels; it's clearly an outlier.. and it needs to be fixed. end of story man.
    But the amount of damage isn't the issue. TOD can only be used whe you are sub 10%, So 33-40k. Thats not alot of damage. even the video had the monk doing 50- 70k hits (I might be wrong on that, watching it from work on a slow network).

This thread is interesting. I can agree that an instant kill ability is silly in pvp (change it to a DOT, like Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_of_Death). The amount of damage it does is subpar, especially when you compair it to the damage of other executes.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    we all seem to be forgetting the fact that, as the warrior uses intervene, it does not do the 30-40k that seems to be thrown around here, it does 350k this is the issue here, the warrior was at 100% and INSTANTLY died to an attack that yes, should of only done 30-40k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmad View Post
    we all seem to be forgetting the fact that, as the warrior uses intervene, it does not do the 30-40k that seems to be thrown around here, it does 350k this is the issue here, the warrior was at 100% and INSTANTLY died to an attack that yes, should of only done 30-40k.
    That is silly that one attack can kill a warrior reguardless of hp because he intervened however to nerf it because of it would also be silly.

Change the effect (once again to a DOT) or have it do damage equal to the targets Current HP (ignoring defences and what not).

No need

GC once gave example of a ability that would be either removed or nerfed.

He once said that if a ability has a 1% chance to kill a target no mater the HP that ability would be nerfed even if their is a 1% chance.

This is the case with intervening touch of the death, using your ability while your not in any danger should not result in your death. The target which has 10% HP should die because of a execute ability but not the warrior.

Their is no way you can defend this kind of behaviour

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people are claiming others are not reading when they themselves are not reading.

Lets Dissect this 4 piece bonus since you are failing to grasp it.

"Your Touch of Death Yes MY touch of death this one here http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115080 can be used on players with 10% or less health, instantly killing them."

Why is everyone getting so riled up by the fact that the warrior chooses himself to go intervene his team mate @ 10% ???

Same situation with Touch of Karma for example. I'm sitting on my target and pop ToK on that target. Along comes his team mate who starts beating on me transferring all the absorbed damage that he does to me to his team mate.

Is that not his own choice to damage his team mate?

The fact is people don't have a clue about monks yet. They get so surprised when they do dumb shit and don't know whats going on that they come whine at the forums and cry for nerfs. It's hilarious the amount of teams that forget or don't know that I can teleport as well.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Sorry but this has nothing to do with a new class and it's ability to able to 1-shot a character even if he/she has 100% health.

I can't imagine Blizzard actually allowing this ability to work like this when a warriors uses intervene.

Defending this is stupid

Make it a spell and it can't be intervened.

So I can reflect it >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

Defending this is stupid
    Defending people who make wrong choices / bad moves in arena is stupid too tbh. The Lock was already dead when he hit 10% with a monk in the arena - warrior shouldnt have intervened simple as that.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

How about just not intervening your teammates when they are < 10% and have a monk on their ass?

Monks – We know some players are concerned about Windwalker viability in Arenas. The Monk class has a high skill cap and they come with a learning curve. The Windwalker PvP bonuses are quite powerful and players aren’t really taking advantage of them yet. We absolutely want the newest class to be popular, but we’re also trying to be conservative and not recreate the situation where the Death Knight dominated PvP and PvE when it first launched. We do want to give the Monk a few more weeks and see where it stands, but we are keeping a close eye on how things develop.
    Looks like they're completely aware of the monk set bonuses. Have fun with Touch of Death, guys. I know I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crianthia View Post
    Sorry to ruffle your brow there buddy. it was to explain the fact WHY people said leave it other than "leave it" I can see why its stupid at times, but stupid shit is pvp. "the barfed up text" is so you get examples of WHY people are saying its whatever. Don't worry though, i am sure itll change soon. like the IBF and bone armor having the same cd. unkillable dks.. if it gets bad, itll get fixed. but for now it rarely happens. so itll stay
    i know why you posted that, and it didnt upset me..lol.

but it doesn't change the fact that it's irrelevant imo. i felt it was the wrong argument to make and i still do.. so i said as much. the same way i feel about using the argument that 'stupid shit' happening is pvp so we should just ignore it all.

anyways tbh, i only really care because i'm playing 3s with a warrior atm and if we lost in that fashion it would..uh..ruffle my brow.

Deleted
    Nerf monks! Joking, there isn't much that can be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    OMG you're totally right man! This is almost as gamebreaking as 200k frostbombs on fully geared chars! Luckily those are a lot harder to pull off than executing an intervening warrior!

If a regular ability does to much damage in general then it has to be adjusted
    If a ability has a 1% chance to 1-shot a person that ability has to be adjusted

In any case defending this kind of situation is silly at the very least, being able to global a person isn't something Blizzard intends.

Except this ability doesn't have 1 % chance to randomly 1-shot a person, it's predictable and I might even argue working as intended. It definitely adds an interesting touch to it (lol). Don't intervene it, problem solved.

I have no intention to look for the blue post since it is really old (before WOTLK I believe) but I will repeat again.

Ability's that can potentially 1-shot people no mater the chance of success is by no means a ''interesting'' addition to World of Warcraft, it is frustrating for the other side and it is something unwanted because their is no defence against it.

A warrior (or any class) should not be afraid to use a ability that can potentially 1-shot him.

Furthermore I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed when patch 5.1 hits by any means because stuff like this is clearly not intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except this ability doesn't have 1 % chance to randomly 1-shot a person, it's predictable and I might even argue working as intended. It definitely adds an interesting touch to it (lol). Don't intervene it, problem solved.
    Would you be ok with a war poping spell reflect intervening and 1 shotting the monk? If not don't use the ability when a war is on the oposing team would seem to be your answer to those that would not like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    It gotta say this is one of the best debates i have seen on MMO, Other than a few rogue rage posts, this has be civil and interesting.
    Never though that a Monks ability would cause this

OT:

Blizzard i hope you wont nerf TOD. PVP and Arena is all about adapting to your opponents, Its a dance whoms rhythems change in a heartbeat, you have to quick on your feet (fingers) or you will get stepped on. TOD is just another rhythem, Adapt to it and keep on Dancing.

Lulbalance, its just a phrase, I guess different areas have different phrases. I sorry. but.. for the earlier posts

The Touch of Death spell actually does not do ONLY 10% of their health. If you play a monk and you use ToD. The number you see is not X% of health left. the damage you see pop on your screen is your health. like if you have 350k hp. and you use ToD on a target with 22k hp. you dont see 22k damage done. you see 350k damage done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    See post above, clearly youre incapable of reading and interpreting tooltips.
    what's funny is that you are the one with the reading comprehension problem.
    Read the tooltip for Touch of death. Then read the tooltip for the glyph. Repeat until you understand (stop playing warrior so much, it might help speed up thought processes )

"Your Touch of Death can be used on players with 10% or less health, instantly killing them (= dealing the monks HP in damage, just like the ability always does)." The glyph doesnt change how the ability works, it just changes the HP requirement. It's real easy to understand (you would think lol)

If you intervene an execute you still eat the damage even though the ability wouldnt have been usable on you at 100% hp.
    Touch of death works exactly the same only on a much much longer cooldown.

Touch of death is an ability that deals the monks hp in damage. So with that knowledge, now you know to not intervene it or you will die. Real easy!!

this skill is called touch of death for a reason (:

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post

Also youre complaining about Warriors lawls, Warriors have had one of the highest skill caps in the game until recently. Just goes to show you have no idea what youre talking about.
    That seriously cracked me up. It's late here already, hope I didnt wake they neighbors lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy1091 View Post
    How about just not intervening your teammates when they are < 10% and have a monk on their ass?

But I am a warrior. I am used to pressing random buttons and succeeding with that MO ever since vanilla WoW... Why do you want to force me to think? It hurts when I try... :´-(

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkmad View Post
    Should HAVE done 30-40k why?

The ability deals the Monks HP in damage. Always does. That's how the ability works. Working as intended.

The glyph only changes the HP % requirement of the target from 20%-10% in order to allow its use on PvP targets.

Touch of death always deals the Monks HP in damage. Working as intended.

Now, repeat after me.... Touch of death alw.... :-D
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-18 at 09:53 PM.