Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is ridiculous. How dare blizzard add a new spell into the game that isn't identical to other class executes! And with this spell monks force players to play differently. This needs to be removed ASAP.

Shield Wall @ 15%? profit?

Edit: If intervened it should definitely only do 10% of the warriors health though.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2012-10-25 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    i think that move should not be allowed in arena at all, there have been a few times where i have gone under 10% health but still come out and won the match. i dont even do arena at the moment but it just like a bad move for it. and if it is allowed to stay in arena, if it is intervened it should only deal 10% of the warriors health, not instantly kill them.

I can't wait till people start qqing about how the monk eat through their frost barrier, Incanter's Ward, and Power word shield.

And still hit them for 190k! rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Read again, it is the point. He was talking about intervene and touch of death which imo is working as intended, the thing is touch of death shouldn't exist and that's another matter.
    Referring to the situation as a lost cause(which it wasn't), and thereby justifying it is not the point. That's what you're talking about, and I'm referring to.

And it's not working as intended. It should kill a target that's below 10%(30k hp or so), not a target that it thinks is a replica of the original target with 200k hp at 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Touch of Death was stupid to begin with. I hope this makes blizzard reconsider REALLY fast.

It is certainly one of those looks good on paper but works poorly in practice ideas. It sounds cool just doesnt really fit into the game. It has the feel of the extremely strong moves from SWTOR that can only be used while questing. It just took that idea, made it stronger and only gave it to the new class.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It is obviously not working as intended. It meant to take the last 10% of your life away, not all of it.

Deleted
    of all the things in WoW to complain about....this is what people choose? I refer to my previous post..WW monks are barely viable in rated pvp, so really even though this might be a bug/OP, it's not even really an issue because it is almost never going to happen.

also a warlock at 3.75% hp is going to die from almost anything.

there are many ways you can stop this happening:
    1. don't intervene a low hp target who is gona get 'Touch of death'ed by the Monk
    2. don't be bad and drop to 10% hp against a windwalker monk
    3. if you are bad and drop to <10% HP, just CC said monk and heal up.

WW monks are even more the bitch of pvp than elemental and enhancement shamans have ever been (not saying they are bad now, but they've been awful at times).

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It is obviously not working as intended. It meant to take the last 10% of your life away, not all of it.
    No, It instantly kills you.

That means aslong as you are below 10% health when it's hit, you die, no matter what. It doesn't do '10% of your health', it kills you. If someone intervenes a spell that kills you, they will be killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It and execute do more than a full health bar worth of damage. Which is why a full health warrior intervening the ability will die. This should in no way shape or form be intended.

To the "guy will die anyway" crew. This is literally never the case outside of a warrior or monk training the target. Hell, even a warrior can't get a confirmed kill on a sub 10% target with execute because the opponent/his allies can blow defensive cds gutting execute damage. Touch of Karma will kill 100% of the time sub 10%. This isn't fair at all. People can survive through having only 1% hp left against literally any other class.

They "die anyway" excuse was first used by Blizzard and just goes to show how out of touch the company is with the PvP side of things.
    This and

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    20% = 72k ish

Execute a target with Hand of Sacrifice and Sacred Shield. Does it die?

Execute a target with Sacrificial Pact and Intervene. Does it die?

Execute a target with Cheat Death. Does it die?

Execute a target with PW:S and Pain Supression. Does it die?

Execute a target with Dispersion, I can keep going all day with just about any class.

Now lower the bar by 10% health, have ALL of these abilities combined and try Touch of Death. R.I.P

Let me know when you see a problem.
    This. Basically expose the problem.

Touch of Death being given to a player is stupid to begin with. Redesign it asap. No player should ever get such an ability granted ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    of all the things in WoW to complain about....this is what people choose? I refer to my previous post..WW monks are barely viable in rated pvp, so really even though this might be a bug/OP, it's not even really an issue because it is almost never going to happen.

also a warlock at 3.75% hp is going to die from almost anything.

there are many ways you can stop this happening:
    1. don't intervene a low hp target who is gona get 'Touch of death'ed by the Monk
    2. don't be bad and drop to 10% hp against a windwalker monk
    3. if you are bad and drop to <10% HP, just CC said monk and heal up.

WW monks are even more the bitch of pvp than elemental and enhancement shamans have ever been (not saying they are bad now, but they've been awful at times).

Kinda This. There are other things going on in the PVP meta game that we can fight about (See hunters burst and Warriors), Why are we picking on a favor ability from a under powered class that kills full HP targets only when all these happens :

- You fight a Monk
    - Monk beats you down to 10%
    - Monk Has 3 chi or used a major glyph
    - Monk has PVP 4 piece
    - Player stay at 10% hp or less
    - Player Stays in Melee range of the Monk
    - A Warrior intervenes

Every other class has a burst ability they can use every 3-5 minutes, Some can burst you from 100% - 0 in less that 10 seconds. This is like bullying the Slow kid for getting a "C" while letting the dude who gets all "A"s walk off.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Kinda This. There are other things going on in the PVP meta game that we can fight about (See hunters burst and Warriors), Why are we picking on a favor ability from a under powered class that kills full HP targets only when all these happens :

- You fight a Monk
    - Monk beats you down to 10%
    - Monk Has 3 chi or used a major glyph
    - Monk has PVP 4 piece
    - Player stay at 10% hp or less
    - Player Stays in Melee range of the Monk
    - A Warrior intervenes

Every other class has a burst ability they can use every 3-5 minutes, Some can burst you from 100% - 0 in less that 10 seconds. This is like bullying the Slow kid for getting a "C" while letting the dude who gets all "A"s walk off.
    Warrior doesn't have to be in the team for Touch of Death to be stupid. It works through my cheat death by definition. That is outright wrong and should not be posseble. Nobody is ever dead untill they actually reach 0%. The argument of "Being dead already" when at 10% hp is nothing but stupid. Look at my last post and see if you can answer any of the questions in the second quote as a "Yes".. no you can't. Because executing abilities are fine If they do a set amount of damage. When they work through ALL forms of mitigation in the game, there is some serious design flaw.

Wether the class/spec is any good or not is not of ANY relevance to this ability at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    No, It instantly kills you.

That means aslong as you are below 10% health when it's hit, you die, no matter what. It doesn't do '10% of your health', it kills you. If someone intervenes a spell that kills you, they will be killed.
    It actually does damage to you based on whatever the monks max HP is. If you play a monk and use it, you will see the damage pop up on the screen (or in your addon) that says you did XXXXX damage to Target-Y. If your partner at 10% hp (30k), you're at 280k, and monk's max HP is 340k, when he does ToD on your partner, you will take 340k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Execute doesnt secure a kill from 100% like this does.
    How can you even think its indended?
    You take the next atack. The next atack is a MELEE instant kill. By standart game mechanics its intended. The cast does not care where it lands as long as its casted on a player below 10% hp. If blizzard feels like doing something about it is a totaly different matter alltogether.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior doesn't have to be in the team for Touch of Death to be stupid. It works through my cheat death by definition. That is outright wrong and should not be posseble. Nobody is ever dead untill they actually reach 0%. The argument of "Being dead already" when at 10% hp is nothing but stupid. Look at my last post and see if you can answer any of the questions in the second quote as a "Yes".. no you can't. Because executing abilities are fine If they do a set amount of damage. When they work through ALL forms of mitigation in the game, there is some serious design flaw.

Wether the class/spec is any good or not is not of ANY relevance to this ability at all.
    To be fair, should we compare this to a player at 10% = 30k - 35kish instead of 20% = 72k ish?
    And no i cant answer these without pulling it out of my ass. I wish i had enough characters so i could see the numbers. Instead of seeing it as an insta-gib why not look at it as a 30k-35k Attack?

Even with most forms of damage mitigations wouldn't most executes hit you for at least 30k?

Execute a target with Hand of Sacrifice and Sacred Shield. Does it die?

Execute a target with Sacrificial Pact and Intervene. Does it die?

Execute a target with Cheat Death. Does it die?

Execute a target with PW:S and Pain Supression. Does it die?

Execute a target with Dispersion, Does it Die?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Even with most forms of damage mitigations wouldn't most executes hit you for at least 30k?
    No.

Needsmorecharacters

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    It actually does damage to you based on whatever the monks max HP is.
    Yeah. In it's PvE form.

0:20 into the video. 343k ToD, Monk has 330k HP. You have been proven false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, how many windwalker monks are there in high rated battlegrounds or monks with a high arena rating? For the high rated windwalker monks is this the main reason why they have gotten their rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Quick question, how many windwalker monks are there in high rated battlegrounds or monks with a high arena rating? For the high rated windwalker monks is this the main reason why they have gotten their rating?
    Nobody would admit such a thing. Also, it's not about getting rating because of anything. It's about the mechanic being beyond stupid.

Nobody would admit such a thing. Also, it's not about getting rating because of anything. It's about the mechanic being beyond stupid.

Its really not a stupid mechanic. Its stupid players not knowing how to handle it. If you are at 10% you are going to die anyway. This isnt Cata.. Seriously every kill I get in pvp is during a cc..

eh blizz seems atm to be satisfied with the "at 10% you are going to die anyway" logic anyway. Whether that logic is sound I don't know. However if blizz does change the 4 piece let it be something cool like the free HP for pally or the double DG for dks etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Its really not a stupid mechanic. Its stupid players not knowing how to handle it. If you are at 10% you are going to die anyway. This isnt Cata.. Seriously every kill I get in pvp is during a cc..
    No. End of discussion.