Deleted

Attonement on Stone Guards?

So, my guild asked me to go Smite-lulz-healz on Stone Guards. I don't really have any experience on healing, especially not this way. I've been reading around, but can't seem to find a specific way of gemming/reforging for this spec, so anyone got thoughts?

My current plan is to go Int - Spirit - Mastery - Haste - Crit, and gemming primarily for Int. (Int/Spi and Int/Mastery for blue/yellow sockets).

Is this way off?

Aim for haste and mastery I guess. If you spec the 1min CD shadow fiend you dont need as much spirit. On the other hand the instant free flash heal procs are nice as well if you need to pull somones health up fast and cheap.

You know how to play it will I guess? glyph that makes smite do 20% more dmg if holy fire is doted on target is essential.
    Dont use the wings with the stack.(Unless you need to stop to AoE heal)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why is your guild asking you to go Smite? You can maybe ask if your damage dealers are so that bad?

If it is for heroic stone guards and you are strictly the tank healer. You have no chance keeping him alive with just atonement.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Mastery is bad for atonement. Haste and crit will be much better. Glyph smite and holy fire and just go to town using those two. You can either penance the tank for grace or the boss for more atonement heals.

You shouldn't be required to use atonement, but it's actually very efficient, and I do a lot of atonement healing in 10- and 25-man raids when big aoe heals aren't needed. It works nicely and adds a decent bit of dps, too!

Yeah why not, attonement is great, you become a half DPS in raid while winning healing done with extremly mana efficient healing that automagically hits the players who needs it.

how good mastery is depends on how much you will be using shields and AoE healing, also the more crit you got the better mastery is. I usualy consider crit and mastery equaly important since they boost each other.

If I was gearing for Atonement, I'd go haste > crit > mastery. But then, I'd never actually gear for Atonement. I mean, you should cast Holy Fire often enough to have Archangel available when you need it. But beyond that Atonement healing is just a low DPS/low healing option for light damage phases. It's generally not a viable strategy for healing the entirety of an encounter. Especially Stone Guard, which has heavy tank damage. Plus Stone Guard isn't even a tight enrage check where Atonement DPS might matter.

Deleted
    thanks for answers. The reason is we currently have a hard time 3 man healing it, so with me going Attonement instead of shadow, it should bring a lot more healing to the table, and still keep some 'decent' dps.

And it's heroic

A side tip - pop Archangel when you need to dish out more healing.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    My guild brought up the idea for me to go only hf-smite-penance on Gara'Jal. Anyone else has experience with this? I guess that i also would want crit and haste for that.. I do wonder how much spirit i'll need for it, because going in the realm gives increased mana regen..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    My guild brought up the idea for me to go only hf-smite-penance on Gara'Jal. Anyone else has experience with this? I guess that i also would want crit and haste for that.. I do wonder how much spirit i'll need for it, because going in the realm gives increased mana regen..
    You might be interested in that thread.

About stone guards, is it in normal or hc? Because I can't see you having much time to smite in hc (tanks are hit pretty bad). I'd just go there with whatever reforge you normally do.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-10-26 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    If Atonement healing gets increased by floor plate damage buff HC fight has, it could very strong there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    If Atonement healing gets increased by floor plate damage buff HC fight has, it could very strong there.
    It does and the spirit bonus should probably be enough to keep you running full dps all the time. Personally I think atonement is fantastic for its flexibility, anytime that 3 healers isn't required your adding way more damage than the other healers are capable, and anytime healing gets really crazy or a healer dies or something - your there with a full healing spec, not just a hybrid trying to throw procs around.

In all honesty I think this is also the reason Blizzard seems alright with leaving disc as the lowest HPS healer - because while that's true - and they aren't competitive with the other healers - they're the highest DPS healers, and that makes them flexible in a way all the other healers are not: disc is the last true hybrid support class (like shadow or ret or enh or ele were in TBC). That's a pretty sweet niche to be honest, in a game so obsessed with homogenizing us all.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    You might be interested in that thread.

About stone guards, is it in normal or hc? Because I can't see you having much time to smite in hc (tanks are hit pretty bad). I'd just go there with whatever reforge you normally do.
    Heroic yes, the idea is that our shaman and druid will be healing, with me dpsing the entire fight, going in the realm, healing ppl up, back out and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    Heroic yes, the idea is that our shaman and druid will be healing, with me dpsing the entire fight, going in the realm, healing ppl up, back out and repeat.
    Short answer, haste > crit > mastery. Long answer, go to the thread the person you quoted linked.

I've recently picked my priest back up. Personally, I would go spirit > haste > mastery > crit if you're using spirit shell on cooldown. If you're not (i don't know why you wouldn't be as smite spec with so much mana) then spirit > haste > crit > mastery.

Assuming you're spirit shelling on cool down, you'll have 25% up time on the buff, which should still make mastery better for total healing done, especially since you'll have evangelism for each spirit shell, you actually might be able to out heal the other healers with how powerful it is. :P

Also, I am assuming this is heroic. If not then just kinda do whatever, not a whole lot of damage on normal unless you're getting the wrong dog exploding.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.